ZapDraws, Well, Draws!

Hey all, I'm Zap, amateur cartoonist and experienced webcomicker. Thought I'd share some of my work.

I've traditionally worked in pen and ink, as I'm colorblind, but I've recently begun to work digitally on the iPad.

And hey...this is a Pokemon forum, right?

Thanks for looking! More will follow!

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
GOD THESE ARE ALL WONDERFUL

Seriously, the expressions of all your characters in the comics are freaking amazing. You are very talented with pen and ink, man, it's all awesome.

Welcome to the Studio and hope you're here to stay!

Hello, and welcome to Smogon! Your art here is pretty impressive, and the expressions on each character are wonderful. That ghost's expression in the last panel was especially amazing, haha. Your pokemon art is also great, and I love how you've incorporated objects into the artwork for the pokemon to interact with. Join #smeargle on synIRC.net, for talking to the other notorious artists on Smogon :D Do you take requests?

Also why does the robot say he doesn't have any emotions when he looks sad aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hello, and welcome to Smogon! Your art here is pretty impressive, and the expressions on each character are wonderful. That ghost's expression in the last panel was especially amazing, haha. Your pokemon art is also great, and I love how you've incorporated objects into the artwork for the pokemon to interact with. Join #smeargle on synIRC.net, for talking to the other notorious artists on Smogon :D Do you take requests?

Also why does the robot say he doesn't have any emotions when he looks sad aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Thank you. And he's sad for the irony. Sweet, wonderful irony.

Hello!
Like others said, your expressions for the characters are really top notch and the lineart is very clean as well. As for the colored ones, you have executed the shading nicely and the color choices are vibrant. As for the robot comics/secret base one, were they done digitally or did you use ink? And may I ask what colors you are blind too? Anyways, hope to see more!

Hello!
Like others said, your expressions for the characters are really top notch and the lineart is very clean as well. As for the colored ones, you have executed the shading nicely and the color choices are vibrant. As for the robot comics/secret base one, were they done digitally or did you use ink? And may I ask what colors you are blind too? Anyways, hope to see more!
The first ones are all pen and ink. The Secret Base bit is from my webcomic, Pixel. http://pixel.thecomicseries.com/ I've been doing that one in various incarnations off and on for over ten years, now, and this is the most recent reboot.

As for colors, I have an extremely difficult time with reds and greens, blues and greens, and yellows and white. The flame on Charmander's tail on the lightbulb Pickachu is holding? The highlights were more or less crapshoots, as I can barely make out the difference in shading. My color work will likely be posterized like that all the time, as subtle blending pretty much escapes me.

I focused on developing line quality and inking, which led to works like these.

(Apologies for the photo quality, as this was simply too big to scan.)

Wow, these are awesome! I love the humour in the comics!

BTW, how did you do the robot apocalypse comic? Was that inked or digital?

hello, welcome to smogon.

i don't really have any particular comments right now, but these are all excellent pieces. i was going to comment on the charmander piece and how some established light sources should be affecting the colors around those areas, but i actually understand now since distinguishing greens may be difficult for you. :o

what i pretty much just wanted to say was that i appreciate how you're jumping in on community stuff like the smeargle card project and mac. looking forward to seeing more.

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All of your art great, and I don't know what it is about that Dialga but I really love its style and expression!

Luvdisc'd

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The comics are entertaining and funny. I love the pictures here. The colors fit so perfectly; almost like a copy of the pokemon's actual drawing. Great work. :)

Been awhile. Here's the pieces from last month's Smog, plus some other work.

And this is something I've been working on lately.

You are really good with pokemon face expressions! You really know how to give a pokemon character. I really liked the Snorlax and Ditto pictures! Also, your comic strips are very cool. My favorite is the robot apocalypse strips. Keep up the good work! (Luvdisc'd! <3)

Took a real swing at digital painting, and came up with this.

Plus, I've gotten back to work on my webcomic, Pixel. I've gone digital on that, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)