Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread: Mach 2 (In-Game Discussion)

Here's some music.

Giratina
Frontier Brain

Also, this guy in Veilstone tells you what your Pokemon's Hidden Power type is.
Frontier Brain music is awesome. I love how there's a remix of Emerald's one in there. Still owns before the remix pops up though.

Hidden Power guy sounds useful. Even if you're not trying for a good HP, it would be fun to know. For all you know your starter could have a cool HP. (speaking from experience, kinda. In Emerald, my sister taught her starter Sceptile Hidden Power and it was Ice. Don't know the power, but still cool)

I really hate to be a broken record as this has been said many times but

Nasty.......Plot.......Darkrai........fuck yes! Makes the Timid Darkrai in my thread look that much better (shameless plug).

Bullet Punch Scizor is also awesome, but I'm thinking BP and QA might be used on the same set for "coverage".

I am very excited to see what tutors are available.

http://imepita.jp/20080911/547890

Another move tutor.

Snore, Spite, Helping Hand, Synthesis, Magnet Rise, Last Resort, Uproar.

There's still got to be more seeing as we have seen Origin Giratina with Outrage and Mud-slap. Possibly Seed Bomb and Gunk Shot too.

I hope there is a Seed Bomb tutor; my Shiftry, Cradily, and Parasect want it. Gunk Shot is very useful unless you prefer the power over Poison Jab. If it is a tutor, I hope Victreebel gets it.

Yay, Iwanted a Zen Headbutt tutor, glad we got it. However, Air CUTTER? Damn it I wanted Air Slash! There still better be an Air Slash one...

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Yes, sorry I meant scizor. Hmm, and I wonder if ice punch lucario would be able to survive without that second priority (bullet punch) for gengar.

http://imepita.jp/20080911/547890

Another move tutor.

Snore, Spite, Helping Hand, Synthesis, Magnet Rise, Last Resort, Uproar.

There's still got to be more seeing as we have seen Origin Giratina with Outrage and Mud-slap. Possibly Seed Bomb and Gunk Shot too.

I hope there is a Seed Bomb tutor; my Shiftry, Cradily, and Parasect want it. Gunk Shot is very useful unless you prefer the power over Poison Jab. If it is a tutor, I hope Victreebel gets it.

Yay, Iwanted a Zen Headbutt tutor, glad we got it. However, Air CUTTER? Damn it I wanted Air Slash! There still better be an Air Slash one...
So basically they made every "level up" only move now available to pokemon that can learn it via tutors? Which ones are still missing then? It does make sense since this game is basically capping off 4th Gen barring another Wii game.

So if I'm reading this right, here's the list of capturable legendaries

Giratina
Maybe Darkrai?
Maybe Shaymin?
Movie Regigigas and the three Regi's
Cresselia
Heatran

No word yet on the pixies, Dialga, and Palkia. Though I guess with all of us having DP it really doesn't matter.

Updates from PokeBeach:

8th Gym Leader

A Platinum orb now exists. When you attach it to Giratina, its Dragon and Ghost-type moves are boosted. Giratina changes into its Origin Forme when it is attached as well.

# The names of the various areas of the Battle Frontier are: Battle Castle, Battle Roulette, Battle Factory, Battle Stage, and Battle Tower.

So if I'm reading this right, here's the list of capturable legendaries

Giratina
Maybe Darkrai?
Maybe Shaymin?
Movie Regigigas and the three Regi's
Cresselia
Heatran

No word yet on the pixies, Dialga, and Palkia. Though I guess with all of us having DP it really doesn't matter.
The Pixies WILL be catchable. Dialga and Palkia will probably appear in either Solaceon Ruins, Turnback Cave or Celestic Ruins, 'nuff said.

You can go back to Torn World you know. After you beat the game, there's a portal in Turnback Cave. Don't worry bout missing Plat Orb.

Wait in order for Giratina to keep origin form outside of torn world it must keep Platinum Orb? or do you just have to give it the item to change between forms?

As for the hidden power guy he's useful, especially for legends to find their HP without wasting a TM/battling a Keckleon/some Pokemon.

If nothing else, I really need a translation guide for the various moves, items, etc. A walkthrough would be nice, but the current DP ones work pretty well. Anyone got a link to a good translation of the various items, objects, moves, etc?

Giratina needs the orb to be in Origin Form outside of Torn World. No clue if it works on WiFi though, preliminary results show that it doesn't =/
Battle Frontier sounds fun, no heals between matches. Can't use items either.

Somehow, I have a gut feeling the Darkrai/Shaymin rumor is true.

I just read the frontier thing(s). Battle Castle looks tough and roulette -just by it's name- seem interesting.

Updates from PokeBeach:

8th Gym Leader

A Platinum orb now exists. When you attach it to Giratina, its Dragon and Ghost-type moves are boosted. Giratina changes into its Origin Forme when it is attached as well.
They added a new hold item? Oh wow. What happens if you try to trade it to D/P?

So does that mean the Origin Forme of Giratina can't use hold items? And battle roulette sounds like the ultimate hax place. I can just imagine them having you spin a wheel and there being a possibility that it lands on something which makes you restart -_-

Pokebeach:

"Battle Roulette is a "multi battle." You battle 3v3 or 4v4, and before battling you play roulette. Random things happen depending on what you role - for example, you can get a Berry put on each of your Pokemon, all of your Pokemon may go into battle Poisoned, or nothing may happen at all."

OSHI-

I hope the roulette is just a fun random thing not a haxy..I want to kill GF thing. As for PO I'm wondering about this as well..
EDIT: hmm the BR's not like I imagined but w/e.

I dont know why but when I try to play it... the display gets blue and there is sth written in japanese... I am sure this question got solved already... but what do I have to do now ? =C

Roulette, ha, it just sounds like hax hell. I know the factory was already confirmed but I'm really pleased it's the one they decided to keep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)