5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Hmmmm, bear with me here please, I'm a little slow with all this stuff. If you mean If I'm searching "Method 5 (Standard Seed)" + "Wild Pokémon (Fishing)" + Encounter Slot 3 with my personal parameters written in the adjacent tab, then yes, that's what I was doing.
Oooh, so moving NPCs affect the frame even if they're offscreen?

Also, the PIDRNG starting frame when going for wild/stationary pokémon is random from what I've collected from bits of this thread, but is there like a range of frames or a tip for as where to look when you're RNG'ing? Or does one need to go through hundreds of nature no matter what?
Yeah, I think the NPCs were your only problem (: Offscreen NPCs can still affect your PIDRNG on the same map. Even so, though, if you are using an IV frame 1 seed you can still try for Feebas as long as you pull the menu up quickly right after starting your game to do your chatot advancements.

In an area with no NPCs your starting PID frame should be around 40-60~

Yeah, I think the NPCs were your only problem (: Offscreen NPCs can still affect your PIDRNG on the same map. Even so, though, if you are using an IV frame 1 seed you can still try for Feebas as long as you pull the menu up quickly right after starting your game to do your chatot advancements.

is it possible for your PID to fluxuate? mine is on 46 according to the rng reporter when i calculate the initiate PID frame. it could also be 43 as i just set the min frame to 40 to search for.

I can't seem to hit my roamer seed even though I am starting my game at the right time and holding down the two buttons I am supposed to when the game boots. I am saved right before going out the door which triggers the roamer to set its ivs and nature and even though my ivs are frame 1 on the seed I can't seem to hit them. Am I doing anything wrong? Do I just press the two buttons or hold them down at the logo?

Maybe it was a fluke earlier, but I can't hit one damn shiny egg now. Would using the AR change my DS parameters even after I take it out?

How can I increase the rate with which I hit my seed? My biggest problem (time wise), is that I hardly hit it for only about 30% of all tries. :S

Timer0 is always the same for me, but it can't be that it is completely wrong, as I do hit my seed from time to time.
Repost

I see, will keep both things in mind for future RNGs :) Thanks!

But you lost me in your last sentence :( I understand the whole bring the menu up fast so no NPC moves and advancing the PIDRNG frame (very reminiscent of the Egg RNG in DPPt) but what leaves me wondering is, I'd do that after a "test-run" to see what the initial PID frame is, right? But, would that be futile if there are moving NPCs or something? What happens if I'm using a synchronizer? will the initial PID frame still be around 40-60?

Sorry to bombard you with questions like this but I'm just starting to RNG in B/W and trying to grasp it fully and there are several things I'm still clueless about.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Is there a way to currently search for an egg shiny? From what I understand the egg PID generation is totally different from the other forms of generation so it's not possible to only search for all shiny types. When I did do a search like that I found a seed which claimed to have a nearest shiny of 84 but when I put that seed into the breeding area I got the nearest shiny was 26k.

The nearest shiny field only seems to apply to wild etc. I have been able to find shinies in sub 100 frames withe the right natures but there must be some factor im not getting right because I get some far-off natures most of the time.

Any tips on how to actually keypress the D-pad because I have a beautiful, low frame spread but it requires me to hold "Left", except when I do I guess parts of the up/down/right interfere, or something.

I wanted to make sure it wasn't me because I successfully RNG'ed the musketeer trio but I used "B" and tested it again, so my conclusion is it's the d-pad.

alright having trouble finding my starting PID frame details below:
full seed: 7BE386AC93E7A982
time:1/22/2011 6:07:53
nearest shiny:181
frame:1
encounter slot:0
ivs:31/31/30/22/31/31
ability:1
timer:C7E
keypresses:A+Up
MAC address:001F32091E42

i cant seem to find my starting PID. it keeps changing or something on me cause ill get one nature and poke and match it up on the main screen which i have on method 5 PIDRNG. then when i do a chatter it gives me inconsistent results. help?

QUOTE]

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
The nearest shiny field only seems to apply to wild etc. I have been able to find shinies in sub 100 frames withe the right natures but there must be some factor im not getting right because I get some far-off natures most of the time.
I know the nature is that, it's because nature generation is different based off encounter type. You can always check that based off the main form searching the seed with the correct encounter type. My issue is that the frame is always way off.

Oh well I just hacked it in myself for now. You guys really should add official support for multi month searches and saving the value for keypresses, I hate having to hack it into the source each and every time you add a new release.

I don't know if there is an error with RNG Reporter ot not but I found a seed that I wanted to catch a shiny Defiant Pawniard with. RNG Reporter said that synchronise would work but it didn't. I had an adamant synch in the first slot of my party and shiny Pawniard's nature was modest. If anyone could tell me what's wrong I would appreciate it. Thanks :)

Pokemon White

Seed: 3E547B678EE37DF6
IVs on frame 1: 30/31/31/22/31/31 shiny PID is 144 with encounter slot 7
ID and SID: 10367 30661
Timer0: C7E
VCount: 60
Vframe and GxStat: 6 for both
MAC Address: 001ea9f72545
Key presses: Select, Up and L on 6/22/11 00:02:15

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
I don't know if there is an error with RNG Reporter ot not but I found a seed that I wanted to catch a shiny Defiant Pawniard with. RNG Reporter said that synchronise would work but it didn't. I had an adamant synch in the first slot of my party and shiny Pawniard's nature was modest. If anyone could tell me what's wrong I would appreciate it. Thanks :)

Pokemon White

Seed: 3E547B678EE37DF6
IVs on frame 1: 30/31/31/22/31/31 shiny PID is 144 with encounter slot 7
ID and SID: 10367 30661
Timer0: C7E
VCount: 60
Vframe and GxStat: 6 for both
MAC Address: 001ea9f72545
Key presses: Select, Up and L on 6/22/11 00:02:15
It looks like RNG reporter says the same for me. Unless you did something wrong with the syncer, which you probably didn't, it has to be a bug.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
What's the catch for using an everstone? I keep hitting the nature, but not shininess.
Make sure you're actually hitting the correct PID frame. I find it easier to not use the everstone to figure out where my starting frame should be and calculate how many advances are needed. After that I put the everstone back on the mother and get the egg that way.

Is there a way to currently search for an egg shiny? From what I understand the egg PID generation is totally different from the other forms of generation so it's not possible to only search for all shiny types. When I did do a search like that I found a seed which claimed to have a nearest shiny of 84 but when I put that seed into the breeding area I got the nearest shiny was 26k.
Sadly, no (unless I'm mistaken). What I do is search for the spread I want, and make sure it's an obtainable spread for frame 8 (since, you know, Egg frames start on 8 rather than 1, and I can't be walking 128 steps when there's an wandering NPC) - note: do NOT mark "Shiny Only" in the Time Finder as it currently applies to wild Pokemon only. Then, I take the full seeds from the generated list and input them into the Method 5 PIDRNG search, while also noting the Everstone nature being used... And that's where I search "Shiny Only." Eventually, I come across a manageable frame for a Shiny.
Any tips on how to actually keypress the D-pad because I have a beautiful, low frame spread but it requires me to hold "Left", except when I do I guess parts of the up/down/right interfere, or something.

I wanted to make sure it wasn't me because I successfully RNG'ed the musketeer trio but I used "B" and tested it again, so my conclusion is it's the d-pad.
Hm... I never had this problem - it was actually the Select/Start buttons that tripped me up on the DS Lite, due to their small size. I guess, try using the tip of your thumb/fingernail to work the d-pad... And make sure you're pressing and holding them as soon as you click to enter the game (try to press the keypresses before the DS clock fades into whiteness) until you reach the beginning of the GameFreak animation (the comet sequence).

I just output a breeding (BW) spread to csv to use with excell to find the PID%6. There are still spaces before the PIDs, which while not quite as annoying as the spaces before a full seed, still require an extra step of processing to use them with other stuff

Hm... I never had this problem - it was actually the Select/Start buttons that tripped me up on the DS Lite, due to their small size. I guess, try using the tip of your thumb/fingernail to work the d-pad... And make sure you're pressing and holding them as soon as you click to enter the game (try to press the keypresses before the DS clock fades into whiteness) until you reach the beginning of the GameFreak animation (the comet sequence).
It's fine, I found another lower frame spread but not flawless. Thanks though.

Although my next issue is for some reason I can't RNG wild pokemon. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but here's what I'm doing:

1) Searched an IV seed under Method 5 (Standard Seed); Wild pokemon; Any

2) Got the seed
3) C/p it into the initial window; changed it to Method 5 PIDRNG; Wild Pokemon

4) Checked off the shiny box
5) Advanced my frame by chatting
6) Sweet Scent

7) No shiny, no correct IVs/frame, nothing.

Did I miss something?

There's no NPCs on my screen, so unless the one guy running around off screen is throwing me off, that's fine. But I initially tested it in the 2F of Celestial tower where no one moved and I got nothing there either.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What would be a good PID frame to aim for if my goal is a Shiny Thundurus? And how erratic is the PID frame advancement with rain (since I'm assuming that it continues to advance until Thundurus flies away)?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It's fine, I found another lower frame spread but not flawless. Thanks though.

Although my next issue is for some reason I can't RNG wild pokemon. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but here's what I'm doing:

1) Searched an IV seed under Method 5 (Standard Seed); Wild pokemon; Any

2) Got the seed
3) C/p it into the initial window; changed it to Method 5 PIDRNG; Wild Pokemon

4) Checked off the shiny box
5) Advanced my frame by chatting
6) Sweet Scent

7) No shiny, no correct IVs/frame, nothing.

Did I miss something?

There's no NPCs on my screen, so unless the one guy running around off screen is throwing me off, that's fine. But I initially tested it in the 2F of Celestial tower where no one moved and I got nothing there either.
Two possibilities: you're hitting your other Timer0 or in the case of shininess, you haven't put in your proper SID.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)