Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fine Simon, I'll find another match to fill the spot. Like the one above! :D

2v2 Doubles
Switch = KO
Items = Off
Abilites = All

As for the arena, it's going to be a cave:
Arena: A cave

The battle takes place deep within a subterranean cave, not unlike Mt. Moon and Union Cave of Pokemon lore. Being an enclosed environment, all weather moves will have no effect. Attacks that require solar/lunar power such as Solarbeam, Moonlight, etc. will still work, however their effects will be harshly reduced (akin to using them in the Rain or Sandstorm). Despite this, there is sufficient, if a bit dim, lighting due to the various iridescent vegetation and gemstones throughout the cave. The cave is also very spacious allowing for free movement, although the various stone structures give plentiful cover should the need arise. Furthermore, it is very sturdy and can withstand strong seismic forces. However, the cave is not indestructible and repeated attempts can cause various levels of structural damage. Should the cave completely collapse, the battle will end and whoever side has more Pokemon left than the other (or which Pokemon have a greater health % at the end of the match) will be declared victor.

As a result of being an subterranean environment, Ground Pokemon are most comfortable here and gain a bonus. What kind of bonus this is up to interpretation to the referee. I also forgot to add the cave also has a small pool nearby for Water Pokemon and Water attacks that need it.
Music: Pokemon GSC - Johto cave music

I feel bad that I never reffed one of these crazy 6-person melee battles before so yeah, going to go do it. Perhaps a brawl afterward but we'll see.

First person chooses arena, and if it's LC, mixed, strongmons, training, etc because that's important.

Second person chooses mode (1v1 or 2v2 singles preferred, please no doubles/triples) and DQ (1 day and you die).

Third person chooses recovers/heals.

Fourth person chooses items (probably on just for the exp share stuff?).

Fifth person chooses switch mode (lol probably not).

Sixth person chooses the abilities.

plox join i need to learn how this works.

uhh i guess you can post in placeholders, but direct it at this post so we know what's going on. don't want 2 people making an arena at the same time.
Damn you for making this LC! Just for that, items are on!

Floraedit: I don't need any more people for the match. It's filled now!

3v3 Triples
2 Day DQ, 3 Day Ref DQ
Arena: ASB Arena
Items on, all abilities.

Darkamber and I need a ref for this.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
It's fine Simon, I'll find another match to fill the spot. Like the one above! :D

2v2 Doubles
Switch = KO
Items = Off
Abilites = All

As for the arena, it's going to be a cave:
Arena: A cave

The battle takes place deep within a subterranean cave, not unlike Mt. Moon and Union Cave of Pokemon lore. Being an enclosed environment, all weather moves will have no effect. Attacks that require solar/lunar power such as Solarbeam, Moonlight, etc. will still work, however their effects will be harshly reduced (akin to using them in the Rain or Sandstorm). Despite this, there is sufficient, if a bit dim, lighting due to the various iridescent vegetation and gemstones throughout the cave. The cave is also very spacious allowing for free movement, although the various stone structures give plentiful cover should the need arise. Furthermore, it is very sturdy and can withstand strong seismic forces. However, the cave is not indestructible and repeated attempts can cause various levels of structural damage. Should the cave completely collapse, the battle will end and whoever side has more Pokemon left than the other (or which Pokemon have a greater health % at the end of the match) will be declared victor.

As a result of being an subterranean environment, Ground Pokemon are most comfortable here and gain a bonus. What kind of bonus this is up to interpretation to the referee. I also forgot to add the cave also has a small pool nearby for Water Pokemon and Water attacks that need it.
Music: Pokemon GSC - Johto cave music
mhm let's do this then. ref please? :)

Alright, looking for a battle!

3v3 Singles
3 day DQ
Infinite recovers/chills
NFE only (middle stages are good)
Switch=OK!

Arena: Unown Soup (I've been dying to try this :3)
The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicious broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismetoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an unown is used, it cannot be used again.

3v3 Singles
3 day DQ
Infinite recovers/chills
Switch=OK!

The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicious broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismetoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an unown is used, it cannot be used again.
I'll try this one out, since Dogfish couldn't take the brawl challenge.

No items, All Abilities

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I WANT A BATTLE
1v1 Singles (send 1 mon to ref)
Infinite recovers/chills
1 Day DQ (Players), 2 Day DQ (Ref)
ASB Arena.

Requesting that items be on for this.

^^Accepting^^
Is it NFE or FE? (I don't mind, if you don't reply, I'll send one of each to the ref)
Items On
Switch=???
All Abilities

I shall accept Albioloon's match.

One Ability
Switch=lol
Items=On
Arena: I haven't used this arena for a long time
Description: Deep within the confines of Mount Coronet, there lies a place unlike any other. This circular area is a flat cavebed that is 100 meters in diameter. In the center lies a huge column of rock 20 meters in diameter extending from the floor to the ceiling about 60 meters up (basically, the place is huge). Running up the column is a ledge about 5 meters thick that curls around it (Sort of like the thread in a screw). Seismic disturbances constantly coat the area in a thick sandstorm that can't be canceled due to the ceiling. Sadly, there's no water source for moves like Surf and weather moves cannot be used but everything else goes.

Summary: Eternal Sandstorm, Indoor Arena, No External Water Source.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus

3v3 Singles
3 day DQ
Infinite recovers/chills
Switch=OK!

I'll try this one out, since Dogfish couldn't take the brawl challenge.

No items, All Abilities
Accepting, PM Teams.

CHALLENGING SMASHLLOYD20
2v2 Singles
1 Day DQ (Players); 2 Day DQ (Ref)
0 Recoveries/Infinite chills
ASB Arena

Anybody going to ref my match against MB on the last page? This is kind of urgent.

Also issuing another like it. 1v1, 1 Day DQ, no recover or chill, ASB Arena.

Open Challenge!
1v1 Singles
2 Day DQ
Strongmons
No recoveries/chills
Arena: D&D Game Map

A very vanilla territory in Dungeons and Dragons, containing trees, an open field, and a copious amount of water available. At the end of every round, Flamestrike (because he's a jerk) will come in and attack each Pokemon for 2d6+6 points of damage with his gigantic Greatsword. He has a +6 Attack Bonus and, for some reason, will always deal double damage if he rolls a natural 20. Each Pokemon's Armor Class is equal to 10+(Def Rank + Speed Rank (Capped at 8 - Def Rank)).

Example: Flamestrike attacks a Hasty Gengar in an attempt to hit it. Gengar's AC is 16 (10 + 1 (Def) + 5 (Spe)), and he rolls a 12. It hits - barely. You roll 2d6 and get 2 and 5: this results in a total of 14 DMG to Gengar.

(Note to refs: Don't worry if you can't do D&D calcs; there's going to be someone on IRC who can.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)