Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recalling my earlier challenge with LJ (sorry, but it cant be that hard to find) for a

2v2 Singles FE in need of training
1 Day DQ, 2 for Ref
Arena: Mesa Verde (potential gym arena)

In the dusty deserts of the US Southwest, a strange and mystical cliff dwelling hides, carved out of the edge of a cliff. Though a major tourism spot, Leethoof has commandeered it for use of a ROCK GYM ARENA. The desert environment provides no external water, though pokemon may use their internal water sources to fill some of the kivas (underground churches basically) for use of Surf and Muddy water if they desire so. As the area is a frail overhang, any seismic activity will shake the roof a lot, causing a Rank 3 STAB Rock throw to crush all pokemon (though rock-types expect and take half damage), though it will never fully do so. In addition, the Southwest has a very fickle and dry climate (and maybe a tyranitar hiding offstage), so a Sandstorm will renew itself every other round, starting from the beggining of the battle.

Summary: No external water, semi-permenant sandstorm renews itself at the start of every other round, seismic attacks cause STAB Rank 3 Rock Throw to hit all pokemon (half-damage to rock-types)

Challenging SoS

2v2 NFE Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 recoveries/chills
Arena: Mt. Totem

15,673 feet up in the clouds, Mt. Totem looms over Ilex forest. Nothing particularly special about the arena apart from the dense cedar woods, soft clay earth, and the eighteen totems that seem to tower over the competitors in a small clearing. If a totem is broken, it will summon a Braviary to its defence. Weather may be used, and no particular water scource.
Bring it.

One Ability
Switch = divide by zero.
No items. Fox Only. Final Destination.

For the benefit of the ref if I'm offline by the time we get one, I'll be choosing from SQUIRTLE, Golett and Ferroseed.

Recalling my earlier challenge with LJ (sorry, but it cant be that hard to find) for a

2v2 Singles FE in need of training
1 Day DQ, 2 for Ref
Arena: Mesa Verde (potential gym arena)

In the dusty deserts of the US Southwest, a strange and mystical cliff dwelling hides, carved out of the edge of a cliff. Though a major tourism spot, Leethoof has commandeered it for use of a ROCK GYM ARENA. The desert environment provides no external water, though pokemon may use their internal water sources to fill some of the kivas (underground churches basically) for use of Surf and Muddy water if they desire so. As the area is a frail overhang, any seismic activity will shake the roof a lot, causing a Rank 3 STAB Rock throw to crush all pokemon (though rock-types expect and take half damage), though it will never fully do so. In addition, the Southwest has a very fickle and dry climate (and maybe a tyranitar hiding offstage), so a Sandstorm will renew itself every other round, starting from the beggining of the battle.

Summary: No external water, semi-permenant sandstorm renews itself at the start of every other round, seismic attacks cause STAB Rank 3 Rock Throw to hit all pokemon (half-damage to rock-types)
LET'S GET IT ON

SWITCH=PUSSY
NO ITEMS
ALL ABILITIES

I'll take Simon Says' battle.

Items On
One Ability
Switch=KO

Just so you know, I'll be using Evolved mons, but they have rather sparse movepools due to being evolved mostly by Ref counters :P.

I am sending out an open challenge. I am a newbie, so don't bring super strong pokemon.

3v3 Singles
2 Day DQ
Arena: Berry Forest:
A regular forest, with nearby water and rocks, so all moves are allowed. However, a Pokemon may spend one action and 6 Energy to forage a specific berry from the selection in the forest, which is all of them. However, each berry can only be used once.

Accpeting Simon

Switch= INSERT FUNNY PHRASE HERE
Items= INSERT ANOTEHR FUNNY JOKE THAT MEANS NO
Abilites= None (that's right, no funny joke here)

EDIT: Also issuing a melee

1v1v1v1 melee
DQ 2 days for players 4 days for ref
2 recoveries/2 chills
Arena: Well, I'm not going to become a flying type gym leader 'cause of objection so I'll use it one last time.

Field Type: Flying
Complexity: Moderate
Format: Anything
Restrictions:
1. Only the following Pokemon lines can use Rock Type moves: Regirock, the Gigalith line, the Golem line, the Steelix Line, the Aggron Line, the Rhyperior line, Terrakion and Arceus. Also if the rock type move is 4x SE STAB is removed.
2. Electric Type moves don't hit SE unless it would originally have hit 4x SE, in which case it will only hit 2x SE. All paralyzing effects of Electric type moves is removed
3. Ice type moves won't get STAB and all pokemon that don't gain STAB from Ice type moves will not be able to use special type Ice type Attacks. Hail has no effect on this rule.
4. Ice Type moves also can't hit for SE, if they do ice moves will only do neutral damage.
5. No Sandstorms.

Aaah Cloud City, or rather a perfect replica of it built in the middle of Route 129, Hoenn Region close to Ever Grande City.This city heavily favours Flying Type Pokemon due to sereval instalments ment for comfort but also cancels out Flying Type pokemon's weakness'. For example there are no rocks in the city, meaning only a handful of pokemon can use rock moves, these pokemon usally have rocks as part of there body. Lightninng rods are used to store electricity but they alo draw a lot of power away from powerful electric type moves. There is also a temperature leveling system (TLS) which keeps the tempature at a certain level. This however, nerfs the ice type attacks as residents like tropic temperatures all day all night (apart from on ski day but MB takes a day off on that day as well!). The person in control of the TLS comes from Hawaii, so 2x and 4x SE ice type attacks will do neatrul damage because the person will turn up the arena's tempurature! Also Sandstorm may not come into effect as the gym arena isn't near the beach which unlike other aspects of the city, is natural.

First person chooses items.
The second chooses abilites
The third doesn't get to choose anything, sorry.
My doubles match still needs some refs my brawl still needs some players and a ref. Please and Thank You

EDIT: Dropping the Melee to accept Rezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy
Switch=yezzzzzzzzzzzzzy
Items=No (a bit boring after my first one don't you think)
Abilities: All ovvvvvvvvvvvv them

EDIT2: Note: Spelling mistakes are made purposly.

So Simon and I still need a ref.
I have canceled the brawl
I accpeted Rezzy and we need a ref.

Again, please and thank you.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Challenging DA because she challenged me
Training Match (doesn't go on record)
3v3 Singles or 2v2 Singles (DA can pick or choose something else I don't mind)
2 day DQ | 3 for ref
2 recovers / 5 chills
Arena: Royal Caribbean

So we're riding some ship and battling on the deck. Of course there's a water source available - it's all over! Grass Knot and Dig are unusable since it's a ship (I'll allow Energy Ball I guess). Earthquake is actually usable. Various Wingull and Pelipper inhabit the area, as well as the rare Gyarados, Tentacruel, and Mantine. They're just there for scenery though. Any Pokemon can be brought, even if it's a Dugtrio or Groudon (though it won't make too much sense).

I guess I won't make it that complicated.

Reffing Flora and DA8828. See how good of ref I've become, former tutor!

EDIT: Might as well ref MB and Rezzy, PM me teams as well.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE

3v3v3 FE Doubles Melee
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon
Items=On
Arena: Gliscor's Peak MkII
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: No Water Source, No Digging

Description: THE SETTING
Gliscor's Peak is a place 900m above sea level set on a wide, flat rocky expanse, about 100mx100m in size. Surrounding the place is several other mountainous peaks, which is only there for flavour. There are rocks around in this expanse if you want to use moves like Rock Slide.

THE COMPLEX PART
Gliscor's Peak is home to a Gliscor hailed by locals as "The King". This Gliscor is not happy that a battle is taking place here & right from the outset, he'll attack, using Referee controlled AI. He has unlimited energy, but he has finite HP. If you knock him out, the Pokemon that does gains 1 KO Counter. However, after 6 actions, he'll regain consciousness & start attacking again. Also, every 6 actions, he'll summon a swarm of Gligar that will hit everyone.

GLISCOR'S STATS

Gliscor (M) @ Razor Fang
NATURE: Adamant

TYPE
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

ABILITIES
Hyper Cutter: (Innate) This Pokemon always keeps its claws/teeth/pincers extremely sharp, and thus cannot have its attack reduced.
Sand Veil: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.
Poison Heal: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability have internal structures that absorb the toxins in poison and uses them to recover two (2) HP/action instead of taking poison damage. Their Toxic counter will still go up should their ability be disabled.

STATS
HP: 150
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 95
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 19

ATTACKS
Entire Movepool
Gligar Swarm (Flying Type, 8 BAP, hits everyone, doesn't account 75% Rule, no added effect)

Summary: "Wait, no water, no digging, huge fucking Gliscor..." - Lord Jesseus

Anyone?

EDIT: Whoops, forgot. First person chooses Switch Method, second person chooses Abilities.

Apparently I have a third slot, and didn't even know it!

1v1 Basic (single stage mons NO)
1 Day DQ, 2 for REF
Arena: ASB Arena

Training Match, 2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/ 5 Chills
Arena: Unown Soup (or something else more exciting)
Bring what you want, I'mma be using NFE.
Accpeting Simon

Switch= INSERT FUNNY PHRASE HERE
Items= INSERT ANOTEHR FUNNY JOKE THAT MEANS NO
Abilites= None (that's right, no funny joke here)
It should be a quick match: I'm using a Combee, and he's got the Rock moves. Ref please?

And another challenge:
Open Challenge, 3v3 Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/ 5 Chills
Arena: ASB Arena, or Acceptor's/Ref's choice.
Bring what you want, I'mma be using Middle Stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)