Returning to Our Roots NOC Mafia - GAME OVER: The Mafia Wins

In no particular order, although you have justified your list of reads by saying you do it a lot in other games (which I have to take your word for)
-Please explain why a list of reads is scummy
Every last one I've seen (and that I remember) has been written by the mafia
you've twisted my words some (such as subreason d)
-I've yet to twist your words, only interpreted your actions. You keep joining the biggest wagon, every single time. It looked like you were trying to hurry up an lynch someone, far from the accuracy you say you want.
All right, I'll clarify:
All throughout the game he’s been pushing wagons, and I find it interesting how his reactions under pressure are so bad. Also in that post, d) looks scummy. Let’s just lynch someone random and get the day over with (so mafia wont die).

I fail to see how "Quick and decisive" could possibly imply that except when twisted.
you list one of the major people I've voted as slightly mafia and another as probably mafia (paraphrasing your list's categories)
-wtf at this 'scumtell' lol
I was not completely awake then; I forgot to put the second half of the reason. Here it is: yet you also list me as probably mafia, when most of what I've done has consisted of voting them, debating on the odds, and debating with you.
you mentioned that you didn't figure out at first that you needed a no read category, yet you claim to make these lists a lot in other games
-in other games, half the village isn't inactive
Ok, I'll take your word for that one... especially since you probably have lots of experience on sites dedicated to mafia, so the culture there is more active.
you voted me (and I know I'm clean)
-if this wasn't a joke, OMGUS
Mostly an afterthought that I added before I looked again at your posts.
your RVS voting stage info request (ignored by everyone, IIRC) seems like mafia trying to figure out who to kill first
-"In fact, there are a lot of new users playing in this game, which will make it much harder discerning between mafia and "noob town". " <-this is why I wanted the info. I'm new to this mafia community.
Then why didn't you include that in your post that first asked for that information?
and you changed votes what seems to be even more often than I have (though to be fair, others change votes a bit, too)
-changing votes is definitely scummy.
No, but changing votes that often and in conjunction with the other stuff I mentioned is.
You're still grasping at straws in an effort to invalidate my read on you. Any reason why this is?
I fail to see how being thorough is "grasping at straws." I'm answering your arguments as I see them. Also, I would like an answer to this, from the post you quoted:
Aura Guardian said:
Any one of those reasons alone could be coincidence. However, all of them together seems very suspicious to me.
There are still three reasons I feel you have not adequately answered, so my suspicion of you based on your posts taken holisticaly still applies.

Oh, alright.

1. To be honest, I'm not sure about Aura Guardian, but I'm pretty sure he's village. Primarily I think he's village because he does seem to have given solid reasoning throughout this thread. For now, I'm thinking village. (Redundant enough yet?)

2. Hmm. zorbees seems pretty suspicious, voting people for attacking NWO. They both could be mafia, though I'm thinking it's more NWO being new to the game in his case. I'm withholding my judgement on him for now, as I think he could be either way.

3. Spiffy, I haven't seen him do anything suspicious yet, so I think he's village as well.

4. Metal Bagon. He jumped on the bandwagon of Aura pretty quickly, and I think it might have been an attempt to get people voting for random village people. Personally, I think he's mafia.

Therefore,
Lynch Metal Bagon

Going to assume this is the post you spoke of:
Also, I don't understand why you think list of reads is bad, because, despite Finn being mafia and doing a list of reads, all a list of reads really is is thoughts about the game described thoroughly, which you seem to like.
Mostly, this is a case of first impressions of the "list of reads." And his style... vaguely unsettling. It reminds me of Finn's strategy. I just can't shake the feeling that Finn's strategy is being repeated. Though, I could just be a bit paranoid.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Your argument on list of reads is so...my god I don't even want to talk about it. Even I knew that my "scum don't sub out" was if anything still a RVS reasoning. You taking this listing=scum seriously...wow.
I honestly don't care at this point in time how you worded it. All I know is that you've actively been trying to push only the largest bandwagon in town. Only. Ever. Actions speak louder than words, and I still feel that you're scum going for an easy lynch.
You having the same reads as me is probably something to do with above point. Trying to go with the flow, not attract too much attention but still putting on a show of pro-town by posting a lot, etc.
I thought my RVS info request was obvious. I wanted to know the playstyles of people to see what to expect. Um...
Changing votes, I assure you, is not a scumtell. I swear, you list the weirdest things.

Here's why I keep saying grasping at straws:
I list you as scum
You come up with a variety of strange 'reasons', among them listing, changing votes, and RVS info requests as scum. You're trying to build a case on me using evidence that doesn't exist. Sounds hilariously desperate if anything else.

Anyone else want to ring in?

@Zorbees, how much would you say your playstyle is gut-based?

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
A decent amount of my play is gut based. I generate discussion based on my gut, trying to force someone to slip up, I suppose, but the majority of my reads are based off of analysis of everyone's arguments. I generally am very skeptical about everything though, so I do have to go with my gut for the reads that I can't really place.

Maxim quoted spiffy which conveniantly at the top asks spiffy to not make me claim publicly. However, if you guys keep the lynch on me I'll have too. However, the rules state I may not post my role PM so I'll bullet-point it if that is the case.

Also Walrein, please don't call deadline during the next 9 hours as I won't be able to get back online to defend myself with my claim so guys don't end up lynching a villager.

EDIT: Either I was looking on the wrong page when I posted this or Maxim deleted the post. I'll get the quote.
No Metal Bagon do not public claim, there is no reason to.

And OD, I really don't think TalkingLion is acting scummy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he is a newer user and just didn't understand what a mayor is and how it could be proven. In fact, there are a lot of new users playing in this game, which will make it much harder discerning between mafia and "noob town".

Without further ado,
Vote Maxim
Please post your thoughts!
The only reason I haven't claimed is because of that top line. Spiffy seems to be helping more then anything else so I decided to follow him. However, I will claim if you guys ask.

Something I've just noticed after reviewing the thread is, despite having one of the higher amount of posts in this thread, nEsp hasn't casted one vote for anyone, and hasn't even really given any thoughts on who he thinks we should lynch. I'm not sure if this is a "scumtell", but I found it a bit strange. I just feel that if you've made that many posts that you should have at least given your opinions on the players.

@Maxim: I'll calm down on you for now but that extra vote on Metal Bagon was not needed...

Unvote
Vote Mithril
Please post your thoughts, the amount of noncontributional players is ridiculous.

Also nEsp, you have answered this before and I just missed it, but have you had any previous experience in NOC?

First of all, user: Mithril hasn't posted since the second page of the thread and should probably give his opinion again sometime soon.

Metal Bagon I really don't get what you're doing here. We told you that if you are a power role claiming is a bad idea, especially since mayor already claimed. The best way to get the lynch turned away from you would be to make a solid defense explaining your actions. Instead you're practically threatening to claim, which is only making you look more suspicious. Either you're being retarded or you're mafia trying to scare us off of lynching you before you're forced to fake a role. If you are village, then again, there is NO NEED to claim a power role unless you're actually about to be lynched (keep in mind you're nowhere near majority yet and aren't actually in any major danger unless more people start voting you).

As for Orcinus vs. AG, I'm not entirely sure what I think, so I'll post again once I've more thoroughly read their posts. I wouldn't be surprised if they're both village from what I got through skimming, but hopefully after some more reading I'll have a better opinion.

EDIT: Ninjaed by Spiffy because I got sidetracked -_-

Something I've just noticed after reviewing the thread is, despite having one of the higher amount of posts in this thread, nEsp hasn't casted one vote for anyone, and hasn't even really given any thoughts on who he thinks we should lynch. I'm not sure if this is a "scumtell", but I found it a bit strange. I just feel that if you've made that many posts that you should have at least given your opinions on the players.

@Maxim: I'll calm down on you for now but that extra vote on Metal Bagon was not needed...

Unvote
Vote Mithril (vote and unvote unbolded, just in case)
Please post your thoughts, the amount of noncontributional players is ridiculous.

Also nEsp, you have answered this before and I just missed it, but have you had any previous experience in NOC?
Regarding experience, I don't think I've answered it, but if I've answered it, the answer would have been "I haven't played any forum NOC before, even though I've lurked and read through recent NOC games here on smogon. I sometimes play mafia IRL, but the people whom I play with are, unfortunately, not that accustomed to the mindset you need to have in mafia. So, yes, I have some experience of NOC, but it's far from much."

I guess the lack of anything new in my posts are explained by the fact that I'm not experienced in playing mafia yet.

The lack of lynch votes from me are probably due to the same reason, I'm not as accustomed to voting in order to express opinions as you experienced players are.

Opinions on people:

Aura Guardian: Seems town to me, although most of all he does is defending himself. I guess that's mostly because Orcinus Duo is attacking him constantly.
Orcinus Duo: Seems like he's town as well.

I'll have to go back and analyse this whole argument between AG and OD. I will probably post something again regarding them.

Users zorbees, EP, mithril, auramaster, flamestrike, khz, pokémaniac, kok, talkinglion: I'm not really having an opinion on yet, mostly due to the lack of interesting posts. If you guys want me to, I could probably give you my opinion on them.

Ditto: Promotes discussion, or rather, promotes other talking while he listens. While having people talk is good, not talking much yourself isn't that good. I'm not yet sure what to think here.

Empoof: Either new to NOC or a mafia, seeing how he vote a no lynch so early. I believe the truth is that he's new to NOC. Mostly a gut feeling here.

Metal Bagon: He's quiet if you don't vote on him (apart from the early voting). But then, I cannot find that much mafia games here that he took part in, so it might just have been that he had nothing to add to the discussion due to a lack of experience.

Spiffy: Seems town to me. Done nothing that convinces me otherwise, and seem to promote discussion by calling out inactive people, or people who just don't post. Such as me.

Paperblade: Subbed in just like Spiffy did. Still, he has done nothing bar saying "hello". If Spiffy is town, then paperblade with the opposite behavior is probably scum, but I'm very unsure of both of them. I guess you just have to post something contributing if I should be able to give an opinion on you, Mr. Paper.

Maxim: Lurking, saying nothing until asked to talk. Pretty much the same as Metal Bagon.

NWO: As long as we have no counter-claim and he doesn't do anything outright suspicious, he's most likely town.

NJiggly: One post of very flawed logic without explanation. If you don't count the"good luck"-post on page one. That'd make it two posts. He's been asked to explain the strange logic at least once, but don't provide us with anything. If I had to vote anyone right now, it'd be NJiggly.

Let me know if I forgot someone/something.

NJiggly: One post of very flawed logic without explanation. If you don't count the"good luck"-post on page one. That'd make it two posts. He's been asked to explain the strange logic at least once, but don't provide us with anything. If I had to vote anyone right now, it'd be NJiggly.
I, being the person he was defending, would also like to hear NJig explain his logic further. Perhaps Njig was trying to let people know i actually have a brainstem so that throughout the rest of the game i could be taken seriously. That's my best guess anyway. It seems as though listing me as a good mafia player would lead to labeling me as suspicious instead of town, seeing as I No-Lynched at the start of the game. (Judging solely on my first 2 posts)

I remember Njig and I had conflicting timezones in MUDS, and his last activity was about 24 hours ago, so hopefully he'll respond soon.

In the mean time, while Ditto had some good insight and direction at the beginning of the game, he hasn't said too much recently and I'd like to hear his thoughts. And he seems to be online right now which would help increase productivity.

Aura_Guardian having a list of reads doesn't seem scummy to me seeing as it promotes discussion and helps identify different perspectives of reasoning. You guys both seem village to me but should stop attacking one another seeing as you did say earlier that vendettas are not beneficial to the town.

Currently the most suspicious to me is still Metal Bagon. It's as if you're trying to play up a power role that you don't have because if you did have one, it seems as though you'd really like to hide it from the mafia. We have already said that the early claim for mayor wasn't exactly the best move. It's still just D1.

Unvote Aura_Guardian

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry, I've been dealing with a family crisis and haven't had access to a computer. Currently I've just been reading the thread on my phone. I'll post my thoughts when I get back, but I might have to sub out. Hopefully I won't, but just a warning.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Since discussion has waned a bit, but I did promise an extention, the deadline is moved back 2 hours. However, if no one posts between now and the original deadline, I will revoke the extention. Step up the discussion!

Just to let everyone know, I looked at this thread about an hour ago and I noticed that Mithril was looking at the thread! Thinking he would respond shortly, I did a few different things and checked his profile to see what he was looking at, only to see that he was viewing the part of Smogon labeled "Projects". I refreshed his profile about 10-15 minutes later and he was still looking at the forum "Projects". Feeling generous (:P) I logged off for an hour and checked back and he had logged off, and as you can see he didn't post in this thread even after Flamestrike and I asked him to.

So if any of you guys don't mind I think it would be in the village's best interest to tack on three or four more votes for Mithril. I do not want Mithril to be lynched, but we need him to talk. If he is a villager, all he is doing is diverting our attention from others that could potentially be mafia by refusing to post.

I'd also request that Walrein extend the deadline a little longer; We have too many inactive/unhelpful people in the game as of right now. :(

And Ditto I hope everything is going well with your family and we understand if you have to sub out.

It would also be nice if Pay per Blade shared his thoughts!!!

EDIT: Actually now that I think about it, (and if Walrein is only extending two hours past deadline (AGAIN PLEASE GIVE AT LEAST A 24 HOUR EXTENSION ;_;) we shouldn't really put more than 2 more votes on Mithril. This deadline is really giving us problems!
EDIT EDIT: Thank you Walrein it is greatly appreciated!

We've spent way too long distracted by the same people (including myself) aguing forever. I agree with spiffy that it is time to change things up and forcibly add someone to the argument.

Vote Mithril.

So if any of you guys don't mind I think it would be in the village's best interest to tack on three or four more votes for Mithril. I do not want Mithril to be lynched, but we need him to talk.
I'd also request that Walrein extend the deadline a little longer; We have too many inactive/unhelpful people in the game as of right now. :(
^this^ is good enough for me
Lynch Mithrilalso forgot to unbold lynch for Aura_guardian a while ago and will do that now.

Sorry to hear that ditto, i hope everyone goes well

EDIT: Walrein when exactly is deadline?

I'm just wondering the reason on the Mithril lynch, other then the fact s/he has obiovusly been on the thread yet has not posted (other then glhf) . Although I do think the fact s/he has not posted (other then glhf) and we need to pressure is a good enough I will again withhold my vote so I'm not pinned for bandwagoning again.

PS; Who likes my new avatar?

Alright, just finished skimming over the stuff that happened before I subbed in (I had read it before, mostly wanted a refresher) and what happened while I was asleep.

I am suspicious at anyone who goes "X is being really scummy because Y and Z, but I still think you're town." (I believe it was either NWO or Orc... hm, I should start taking notes when I read through) Get off the fence, please, this is incredibly useless and just sounds really scummy. It's okay to actually have a neutral opinion on someone (esp. if they're inactive/not posting), but saying something like that is just really weird. Why do you think he's town if everything he's down has been suspicious in your opinion?

I also (like pretty much everyone else) think that Metal Bagon's being overeager is suspect. A town member with a powerful role would not be so eager as they run the risk of just being hooked for the rest of the game, whereas currently the mafia would have to rand and runs the risk of hitting people without night actions or hitting someone whose night action just isn't that useful. However, there is a possibility he's just noob town.

also lynch mithril pressure vote because spiffy told me to

Thank you everyone, I think we've gotten our point across regarding Mithril.
Aura Guardian, I really dislike this post of yours:

We've spent way too long distracted by the same people (including myself) aguing forever. I agree with spiffy that it is time to change things up and forcibly add someone to the argument.
"Yeah good idea let's get the pressure off of me and onto Mithril good idea Spiffy!!!!!"
That's how I interpreted it. :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)