NOC Medieval Mafia - Game Over: Majora's Maskians Win

First of all, how is that degrading? I'm going off of instinct and off of what others who have died AND flipped VILLAGE said. The fact that they flipped village means that their opinions should be carefully examined and therefore there is a likely chance they are more right than you think. If this was Day 2 and I was posting that kind of stuff, of course it would be degrading, but this far into the game? I think not. Like j-squared pointed out, after playing Peace NOCed Down Mafia, trusting my instincts has become one of the greater parts of my gameplay in NOC games. So therefore, I feel that I have every right to point out what others in the past have said about you. They may be wrong, but I can't call it coincidence that two people who were thought to be scum, and who thought you were, would BOTH die and would BOTH flip village.

In other words, I value their opinions much more than I value yours ecause they now have credibility whereas all you have are your past posts, which haven't really been content-driven my friend.
It seems like you fail to understand that this kind of playstyle exactly is what I claimed we are degrading to.

Villagers make mistakes. Villagers are wrong with their opinions 80% of the time. As far as I can tell, you vote me because two flipped villagers thought I was scum doing some period of time in their existence (yes, I'm claiming that you're blowing this out of proportion, which you are), which, yes, is very likely to be a coincidence, because that's how mafia works. Scum may kill people because they're accusing them of being scummy, or they may kill people that accuse someone of being scummy to make that person scummier. It's obvious WIFOM.

You said it yourself - it's day 5. Cases based off of town flips (which, bar rare cases, are barely of any worth) and intuition alone are unacceptable during day 5. In fact, they would probably be unacceptable during day 2 as well. You claim to have played NOC games before. It irks me to see this kind of play and how you don't recognize it as bad play.
B_T, if at all possible, please answer this question. I might be inclined to remove my lynch if I can see more out of you (not that it matters much, I mean a lynch vote is a lynch vote at this point, and really the only thing I'm trying to do is to get you people to talk more).
I ignored this question the first time because it seemed like rolefishing; I told anything of relevancy then, saying anything more would reveal things that hurt the village.

It seemed like rolefishing... then. It's blatant rolefishing now.

I got flavor that includes a sentence about The King being pro-town. That's all you're going to get, chap.

Post coming... sometime... my lack of motivation for this game is astounding.

The reason for my late persuasion is this: Spiffy is a fucking retard and forgot to send me the pm.

@@Lynch Blue_Tornado@@

I think he is probably scum, and I want to hear from him
What do you want to hear from him?

Also lol B_T you and me both, anyone who has been in this game for awhile is unmotivated now, a bunch of us were ostensibly surprised by the j^2 flip, and we keep hitting townies, as such it's not surprising to me that cases are worse articulated...

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Okay, I'm going to @@Unvote@@ for one of few reasons.

A)I hope to see more of Blue_Tornado around. I didn't like his curt responses which was why I voted him, along with the information that both Yeti and j-squared have given us through their posts. Those two reasons were basically the biggest reasons I voted him.

B) There are two people who still haven't posted today and I would like them come and share their thoughts. MrcRanger is one of them, but it seems like Dummy007 already has his vote on him, so...

@@Vote loudkirbyking@@

At this point in the game, I have specific reasons for wanting them to talk...and once they post, I will explain why I am doing so.

In any event to respond to Blue_Tornado, you have to understand where I'm coming from, bro. I'm a sub. I haven't been in this game long enough to theorymon your actions thoroughly as well as the actions of all of the others, which is why I'm working off of intuition here. Yes, it can be bad play. Yes that can be called WIFOM (which, to be honest, I don't even know what the heck that means, so you may need to explain it to me). But that doesn't mean it can't work, and it certainly means it cannot be used.

What's up?

I'm(attempting) to keep up with the thread best I can, just not sure what to say. Seems to me everyone's kinda darting around, screaming at inactives like they're the root of all evil(Which some may be...). I just don't know what all to respond with to that. Yeah, it's kinda suspicious if people are prodded a lot, especially by name, and do nothing about it.

But yeah, I'm keeping up with the thread best I can. Don't ask me to suddenly blurt out some post number purely from memory though, not that good lol. Gotta leave that storage space for school.

Sub me back in

the fact i had sheet will just speed this cesspool of a game up
As long as you share it with everyone.

Anyway, what happened to zorbees? It's been almost 3 IRL days since he's posted. (There are definitely other people that qualify for this, but zorbees was the biggest name to come to mind atm.)

This post may look like an oddly compiled list because that is exactly what it is.
~~

Ace Emerald has had enough time to read through the thread properly and I am no longer willing to accept 'tentative' Crux votes. Who is scum?

Moreover, during the day of the j-squared lynch and afterwards, he's proven himself to be hypocritical; see this and this to see what I mean.
Quoting this not because I'm opposing your case or anything but because I'm genuinely interested as to where the hypocrisy is here. I don't recall jumping on wagons with no explanation, and the second example makes no sense.

By the way, you seemed to want to know why "The King" ended up lynched. To put it simply, Ditto's interactions with Quagsires reeked. I acknowledged this reason at the time while explaining that I would not lynch him regardless, because he claimed what he claimed and, uh, 'gut'.

I don't suspect kingofkongs but want him to post, right now. The latest post with any content in it I can spy was yesterday (game-time), where he pressure votes Crux and promises to switch to j-squared if Crux posts. Yeeeaaahhhh. Opinions please.

I'm sorry SoulTorrent but could you please play? Thanks.

I am unsettled by how Dummy007 pursued a SCall(Engineer Pikachu)/Quagsires suspicion D1 but never mentioned them since. I would like an explanation for this, as well as a scumpick from you.

Scumpick slots of honor go to loudkirbyking and zorbees.

@@Unvote@@
@@Vote loudkirbyking@@

Both of them have had scummy behavior regarding Quagsires, reading now, but I find LKK scummier because he finds time to comment on a myraid of other players, Quagsires being the only player he's fine with waiting on. (example for this is #481) I also did not like his rather nitpicky attempt at painting billymills scum. (here: #661, #839)

zorbees is simply more vocal. Does not excuse him of backing off of Quagsires at record speed D1 due to his claim, acting as if it was law and not doubting it for a second. There's also something in how he switched to SCall back then that seemed out-of-character. He had other suspicions, and the vote looked weak in comparison.

~~
Ahhh, feels good finally reading through everything. I might have motivation to actively scumhunt now!

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I hadn't posted in the last couple days because this thread has moved incredibly slowly as of recent, and nothing of importance to me was said. Real life obligations too, a bit, but I'm not going to blame them 100% when part of my non-posting was just lack of interest. I still think Ace Emerald is scum as addressed below, and am very unlikely to change my vote. Honestly, due to all of the inactives and subbings, this almost feels worse than day 1.

I did not remove my vote on Quagsires acting as if his claim was law, I did it to show caution. This is a reasonable reaction and it has been clarified more than once in the thread, so you should've seen that. I don't really see why my day 1 vote is all of a sudden relevant when it wasn't yesterday. I still don't see why we're letting Ace Emerald off the hook when Brammi staunchly defended quagsires, and then quagsires flipped scum. Honestly, Brammi was an idiot, but the fact that he was so silent for so long before subbing out probably means that he was trying to slide under the radar while we all decided that idiots shouldn't be lynched because their flips won't tell us anything. I'm tired of aiming for info flips, if we don't get our act together soon enough we won't have enough voters to flip any mafias.

As a sidenote, I do find it a bit suspicious that B_T and Acklow both decide to vote lkk despite there being plenty of suspicious users at this point.

Explanations:

I thought Staraptor Call was scummy-looking D1, but he's been subbed so many times since then that I haven't been able to sufficiently read any of his subs. IMO, I think Engineer looks fairly clean, although SCall's D1 behavior says otherwise.

As far as Quagsires goes, 1) he already had a ton of lynch support, so I figured I could turn my attention to more pressing matters (read: Leethoof's persuasion), and 2) I was pretty inactive during that part of the game. I have scumpicks here for your viewing pleasure.

@zorbees

I'm "letting AE off the hook" because the suspicion on Brammi, although true, was lacking, and I feel much better with my LKK vote in comparison. There's also how AE has yet to properly contribute yet and I want to see what's on his mind. He's still suspicious, don't get me wrong. And I'm voting LKK because he seems the most suspicious, so the comment about "having other suspicious users around at this point" is subjective.

Yes, this accusation of mine would have been relevant earlier as well. Thing is, I got around to properly re-reading after Quagsires's flip only now. By the way, there's a difference between showing caution and outright dropping any will to pursue the guy. You did the latter, not the former, at least until he was caught scum via billy's info.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Pretty much nobody was willing to lynch quagsires day 2 from what i recall, so the fact that I didn't pursue him there shouldn't be eye-popping. Also the fact that he had like 8 or 9 votes at his day 1 peak, and ended the day with 3. I don't see why "he very well could be the alliance checker and if he is we certainly don't want to lynch him" is not a valid thought process, especially on day one where we want to at least see if he is hooked or killed at night or see what his results are, for at least one more day. We all knew he was suspicious and could go back and lynch him once more evidence arose. I don't see why you are pinning this completely on me and not on the other people who were similar to me. Is it because they're your scumbuddies?

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Im sorry Walrein, I really dont have time for an NOC right now, please sub me out.
/me has a nervous breakdown

If there is anyone on smogon who has not been a part of this game already and does not have sheet access, please contact me.

I swear this game is gonna set a record for subs ._.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Gimme a sec, will edit into this post.

EDIT:
kingofkongs (3) - askaninjask, billymills, Jumpluff
Engineer Pikachu (2) - Rediamond, Paperblade
Blue_Tornado (2) - Engineer Pikachu, Crux
loudkirbyking (2) - Acklow, Blue_Tornado
Ace Emerald (1) - zorbees
Crux (1) - Ace Emerald
MrcRanger97/whoever subs in (1) - Dummy007

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion
so since so many people have kindly decided that the best way to get me to say shit is to threaten to lynch me, guess I have to give my vote and shit. First off: fuck Rediamond DetroitLolcat MrcRanger and soultorrent, you're being almost as uncooperative as me!

Anyways, on to who I actually want to see get lynched. The viewpoint that makes the most sense to me, since I already explained why I don't support the others, is that "I doubt Quagsires is the only scum who defended Quagsires." While looking through the thread, I noticed a fair amount of shit from brammi saying how he thinks quagsires is clean. While my previous stance on brammi was that he was kind of a dumbass villager, and I may still be right about that, odds are hes more likely to be scum than anyone else I can think of. The reason that I don't support a B_T lynch is that while he defended Quagsires, he did it in such an unsubtle way that he made it clear to everyone that he was defending Quagsires, and I imagine that a scum wouldn't be as forceful on their position.

So, I heard people hate me or something.

Anywho, explanation time, I guess. I was mainly being 'nitpicky' at billy for two reasons.

1. It's worth pointing out that billy could be mafia and moling like a pro.
2. Getting comfy with him/anyone just because they post a lot ain't the best thing... I think.

And I was waiting on Quags because he hadn't posted a lot(Which was why he was suspected), and I wanted to hear from him. I'm naturally paranoid(Or so my reputation has me), so I thought it might be best to hear before casting a meteor. So... yeah. Anything else you wanna ask?

Oh, and how much longer 'till deadline anyway? I forgot...

Acklow

Calling out user pokemonrocks777. I want to what you have to say. Even if it is just a "Hi guys, I'm in this game."

I'll tell my reasons for this in a moment as soon as he posts.

Acklow

Alright. My suspicions have been confirmed. Nobody in this game has been persuaded. I would like everyone to note that now. NOBODY HAS BEEN PERSUADED. I'm not sure atm as to what this may mean yet, but this is very important and I know it. I would like if anyone has thoughts on this, to bring it to the table now. I'm going to look back through the thread to look at past persuasions to compare.

And I meant persuaded today. Not in the past. TODAY. Don't get it twisted. Thanks.

Edit: zorbees, I hope you understand now, the reason why I casted my vote on lkk. I will @@Unvote@@ until further notice. I now have a few good lynchtargets in mind, namely, loudkirbyking, zorbees, or kingofkongs. I will refrain from voting so that today can develop a bit more quickly, as I want to see everyone's opinions on the lack of a persuasion this cycle.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Alright. My suspicions have been confirmed. Nobody in this game has been persuaded. I would like everyone to note that now. NOBODY HAS BEEN PERSUADED. I'm not sure atm as to what this may mean yet, but this is very important and I know it. I would like if anyone has thoughts on this, to bring it to the table now. I'm going to look back through the thread to look at past persuasions to compare.
Posting =/= not persuaded, though, right? See Leethoof and Crux, both of whom posted then posted their persuasion votes later on.

And BT, to answer your question, one of the quoted posts was you stating that "going with this because j-squared is likely to be lynched and understandably so" and the other was you calling lolcat for bandwagoning with the reason "town thinks so." This is supposed to not be hypocritical?

I did my fair share of explaining behind my j-squared vote when I pressured him/Ditto. I don't recall anything from DLC. In fact, he better show up right about now...

LKK, Quagsires was not the only one who was lacking in posts... Also, that 'explanation' doesn't really explain your pointing out of every little detail that might make people think scum!mills. Scummy stuff.

zorbees, you're wrong on several accounts. Quagsires was a very viable lynch target D2 due to people calling bs on his claim. And no, there were not "several other people" acting as if Quagsires did not exist in such a magnitude like you did. Check your info before trying to paint me scum, please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)