OU CCAT: Zoroark [See Post #663]

1. Metagross (Gravity) HELL YEAH GRAVITY TEAM !
2. Deoxys-D (Agility Stall) Love Stall
3. Mienshao (SD + BP) BP + HP recover ? YES PLEASE
4. Hydreigon (Work Up)
5. Infernape (Work Up)

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
iamQmai said:
Please nobody use Scrafty in this. As much as i love it, i would love it to drop to UU and start raping everything.

I like the idea of either Banded Aggron or Specs Jellicent.
It's perfectly fine to vote for only two things, but you need to express a preference between them. Otherwise this would need to be done randomly.

Triangles

Big Stew
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
1. Swampert (Physically Defensive)
2. Nidoqueen (Toxic Spikes)
3. Espeon (Calm Mind+Baton Pass)
4. Scrafty (Dragon Dance)
5. Porygon2 (Offensive Download)

As someone who primarily plays ADV, I've always seen Swampert as a cool utility counter on balanced teams in OU. Its one real issue is lack of reliable recovery and possibly being outclassed by Gastrodon. However, Pert can phaze, set up rocks, and also take physical hits a bit better.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh yeah, and did I miss when this poll is closing? Or are you (Pocket and ginga) just going to play it by ear and keep it open until the votes really dry up?

There is no deadline on voting as yet, Pocket and I will likely set a deadline within the next few days after judging activity, number of votes etc etc, don't worry though, we will give you all fair indication of when the voting closes.

1). MixMence

Used it and abused its power. NEVER underestimate!!

2). SubRoostRaptor

Deady and Roost makes it moreso.

3). Darmanitan

Its the power man!! Never going to get over this much power!!

4). CBAggron

STAB + CB + Adamant + Max Attack + 150BP move = PAIN!!! I have used this a lot before.

5). AgiliGross

I cannot count the number of times I have been swept by this >.>

1. Aggron (Choice Band) - Tomahawk9
2. Yanmega (Choice Specs & Tinted Lens) - skidilidy
3. Zoroark (Illusion) - Katakiri
4. Infernape (Work Up) - TrollFreak
5. Cobalion (Bulky Support) - Cesc

Having tried all but Yanmega on this list, I feel they should be very interesting with better teams than mine built specifically around them. The insane power of Aggron and Yanmega should be fun in particular.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
1. SubRoost Staraptor
2. Specs Jirachi
3. Illusion Zoroark
4. Toxic-Spikes Nidoqueen
5. Substitute Medicham

I was really split between Staraptor and Jirachi, but because Choice items are a bit limiting, i went for Staraptor. I love Staraptor, both in design and in power, and i think it has a lot to offer in this meta!!!

1. Zoroark
2. Jirachi (Expert Belt)
3. Espeon
4. Mienshao
5. Wobbuffet

I picked these Pokemon partly because I think they'd be interesting Pokemon to base a team around. There's also the fact that they can all support the team and (aside from Wobbuffet) can sweep through the opposing with some support.

1. Staraptor (SubRoost)
2. Metagross (Agility)
3. Lucario (CSpecs or NP)
4. Kingdra (Rain Dance)
5. Alakazam (Life Orb)

I have tested that Staraptor set a little, and I must say it absolutely murders stuff. Little can stay in the way of its Brave Bird alone, making it excellent at faking a Choice set, before throwing up a Sub or Roost when your opponent least expects it, fucking them up totally. The only problem it has it switching in really, but that's what this CCAT is for.

I don't think I need to explain Metagross again, being the one who submitted the set <.<

Special Lucario strangely has that surprise factor about it, since for some unexplainable reason people seem to forget that Luce has a Special Attack stat, despite that being his higher attacking stat and his special move pool being just as good as his physical one (- Extremespeed).

RD Kingdra is awesome because it takes the rain of all those annoying rain teams and shows them who the King (pun not intended) under the rain clouds is :D priceless.

Alakazam has that awesome 120 base speed, which means you only need to keep it away from priority and scarfers. Magic Guard + Life Orb is just icing on the cake. If you can catch a burn or toxic off something you're immune to paralysis and sleep as well.

1. Yanmega (Choice Specs & Tinted Lens)
2. Kingdra (Rain Dance)
3. Mew (Nasty Plot)
4. Nidoqueen (Toxic Spikes)
5. Aggron (Choice Band)

1. Zoroark
2. Cloyster
3. Scrafty [Dragon Dance]
4. Aggron [Choice Band]
5. Staraptor [SubRoost]

These all look extremely awesome to me. And the coolest part is this; just because we nominate only one of these in the end doesn't mean we CAN'T use some of these nominations on the final team. For instance, Zoroark's analysis states how well it and Heracross or Mew go together. That Swampert set of Katakiri's is amazing from my own use, and while not as fun to center a team around in my opinion, it can be a key support member on just about any team. We could use that sucker as well here!

1. CSpecs of NP Lucario
2. Life Orb Alakazahm
3. Bulk Up Heracross
4. Salamence Mixed
5. Substitute Medicham

All these guys can hold their own against teams and a common theme among them is that they all are extremely powerful hitters. All them can break up the defensive backbones of teams easily.

1. Zoroark (Illusion)
2. Raikou (Special Weather Attacker)
3. Jirachi (Choice Specs + Doom Desire)
4. Staraptor (SubRoost)
5. Salamence (Mixed)

1.Medicham (Substitute)
2.Nidoqueen (Toxic Spikes)
3.Zoroark
4.Kingdra (Rain Dance)
5.Aggron (Choice Band)

These are some really cool nominations. My personal preference here is medicham, an awesome underrated mon that can rip ou teams to pieces if they let it. I've only used ScarfCham in the past, but substitute seems great too. The rest are just some of my favorite pokes which would also be cool to see.

1. Staraptor (SubRoost)
2. Medicham (Substitute)
3. Jirachi (Choice Specs and Doom Desire)
4. Deoxys-D (Agility stall)
5. Zoroark (Illusion durrrr)

Explanation:
Ok, I've already voiced my support for Staraptor; the thing just destroys crap and everyone underestimates it's power. Even if you know it hits hard, you don't truely appreciate HOW hard until you face it, and then it's too late. Sub-Roost just adds another layer of unexpectedness to it, as those familiar with traditional Choiced sets now find themselves getting screwed over the second you throw up that incredibly trolly substitute. Medicham is much the same thing, as I didn't even know how hard it could hit prior to this thread, and that means virtually no one in OU is going to know it either... until it's destroyed one or two of their walls that is. Doom Desire Jirachi is in the third spot just because the concept of a delayed attack facinates me, and I know how hard it will be for people to deal with it simply because they're unfamilar with the mechanics of the move. I see potential for great devestation with it given the right teammates. Finally, Deoxys-D agillity stall has interested me ever since I first saw it in its OU thread, and really just want to see how it works out. Finally, Zoroark is just a cool idea due to all the directions we could go with it.

1. Alakazam (Life Orb)
2. Staraptor (Choice Scarf)
3. Jirachi (Specs Doom Desire)
4. Kingdra (Rain Dance)
5. Yanmega (Choice Specs)

Alakazam is so good, I can't believe it doesn't see more use

1. Victini
2. Cloyster
3.Alakazam
4.Kingdra
5.Metorgross

REASONS
1. victini is the top spot because, i chose it and it is such a good wall breaker its not even funny it also has surprising bulk, easily living SE attacks from support pokes
2. Cloyster is underrated, hugely after a single ss any unprepared team will be ruined
3. alakazam is hugely powerful, it nonexistent bulk is an issue but no passive damage alleviates that slightly
4. kingdra is blindingly fast under the rain and although its attacking stats are average at best that doesn't matter when it can take hits with ease then kill you're pokes with ease
5.like cloyster after one agility boost this can and will take out at least 2 or 3 pokes with ease, it also has great bulk

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
1) Abomasnow (Physical Leech Seed) - AfroThunderRule
2) Omastar (Shell Smash) - JellyOs
3) Yanmega (Choice Specs & Tinted Lens) - skidilidy
4) Mienshao (Swords Dance & Baton Pass) - ginganinja
5) Jirachi (Choice Specs & Doom Desire) - ginganinja

Lots of good choices here.

SkullCandy

She Bangs The Drums
is a Contributor Alumnus
1. Staraptor (Choice Scarf)
2. Porygon2 (Offensive Download)
3. Kingdra (Rain Dance)
4. Scrafty (Dragon Dance)
5. Metagross (Agility)

Explanation: I hummed and ha'ed over whether to put Staraptor first or Porygon2. Eventually I decided to go for Staraptor, even though I didn't nominate it. Staraptor is just a complete beast. Flying is a great offensive type in the metagame in the movement; it hits almost everything that's commonly used for neutral damage, and Close Combat covers the rest. Porygon2 has great coverage, bulk and and a way to boost its Special Attack without sacrificing attacking prowess as well as reliable recovery! What more can you ask? Kingdra I've always loved. It has better neutral coverage than Staraptor as well as being very anti-weather. Scrafty is generally a cool Pokemon. It has been hovering on the UU mark for a while now and I think its time it be rediscovered. It hits the most commonly used Pokemon hard thanks to is coverage moves and can take out Scizor and Rotom-W (that annoying VoltTurn combo) with Hi Jump Kick in one hit. AgiliGross is a Pokemon that I feel is quite easily countered but does have a lot of raw power. That's what CCAT is about, though! Even a Pokemon that can be countered quite easily can succeed with the right support. It has a sky high Attack (which cannot be lowered) and a powerful attacks.

I really should do this...:

1. Porygon 2 (Offensive Download)
2. Heracross (BU, though I might want this to change)
3. Staraptor (SubRoost)
4. Jirachi (Choice Specs)
5. Kingdra (Rain Dance)

Porygon 2 is a pretty epic pokemon, as both on paper and in battle. Able to both wall AND pose a threat at the same time is something few pokemon can boast, with reliable healing and great coverage no less. Status and too bulky walls can pose an issue, but everything has a fault. Bulky offense is what will probably form from this.

HeraBOSS will make an awesome start for an offensive team, it taking down the Psychic types mean to wall the other Fighting types, while they in return provide a one-two punch and most of them being capable of crushing the walls that trouble HeraBOSS. FU Slowbro and Celebi.

Staraptor might change to a CB set (At least I'm holding out for that), but either way, STAB Reckless BB coming from base 120 hurts. Add in good coverage and, quite frankly, watch your opponent quake in fear. Sturdier walls with no weakness to it's attacks can be troubling (Skarm >.>), but trapping and the like should fix it. Offensive teambuild yet again.

Specs Jirachi captivated my attention due the fact it gives an very, very unique way of support. Think of it as a boulder above the opponent's head that he/she has to take while dealing with the landslide in front of it (CB pokes, anyone?). This will probably not be the focus, though, as the partners that work best with it will steal the show. But who knows?

And finally, RD Kingdra. Nothing to say here, besides FU Rain. And weather. Or anything on the receiving end of a Rain+LO boosted STAB Hydro Pump for that matter.
Guess what? An offensive team will come from this set too! ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)