Ask an Uber Question, Get an Uber Answer (Read FAQs in First Post Before Asking)

Choice Band Groudon can be devastating with the right support. It has incredible power with the Choice Band boost and Earthquake OHKOes Kyogre switching in which is just amazing. It can 2HKO pretty much anything as well, with only Cresselia, physically defensive Giratina, WallCeus, Hippowdon, and Gliscor being solid switchins. Though, you must make sure that it's better on your team than on one hand the support set which can help your team out with Stealth Rock and countering ExtremeKiller Arceus, and on the other hand a set with Rock Polish and/or Swords Dance which can threaten a sweep.

What would be the most standard build for an Ubers Sun Team? What im looking for: Pokemon 1/ Pokemon 2/ Pokemon 3/ Pokemon 4/ Pokemon 5/ Pokemon 6

I agree with that mostly but I think that Palkia should go over either Chansey or Arceus, and depending on the team/player Giratina-O is also an option > Giratina-A.

Just curious, I suppose this goes here since it's about an uber, but anyway: Why is Blaziken an uber? I get that his DW ability essentially gives him the sweeping potential of an uber, but why not just restrict him from OU play only when he runs speed boost like a drizzle pokemon is restricted from play only when another pokemon on your team runs swift swim?

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This has been discussed many, many times before. We ban Pokemon, not Pokemon + ability combinations. Firstly, the reason is that a Pokemon is made up of all of its components, and banning certain parts of it to nerf it would just get ridiculous once you think about all the different Pokemon. Can you imagine our tiers to be stuff like "Kyogre can't use Water attacks, Groudon can't use Rock Polish and Swords Dance, Dialga can't use Draco attacks", that list would go on forever. For the sake of simplicity and consistency, we just ban Blaziken outright. The Drizzle + Swift Swim ban is a bit different, because Aldaron's proposal was used to stop more bans from happening at the time (rain gets banned, sand would probably follow, then sun). We're all about minimising the number of bans.

As for Speed Boost Blaziken himself, he was just too good of a sweeper to stay in OU.

Do anyone think Bisharp need max speed in the SD set in Uber? The analysis on site does not explain why and I don't really understand why either. I mean I would rather have max HP so it can take scarf Draco Meteor from Palkia and Dialga a lot easier.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I run max Speed on Bisharp, it's actually very beneficial to outspeed defensive Dialgas and OHKO them with a +2 Brick Break. Trust me, you would be thankful to run max Speed.

Hey, I remember that there was a specially defensive Steel Arceus set some time ago, but it's not in the official analysis. Does anyone got the nature and spread?

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
252 HP / 96 SpD / 160 Spe with Timid nature could work, allowing you to outspeed +0 Terrakion and OHKO it easily. 112 Speed EVs could also work, allowing you to outspeed +0 Garchomp and smacking it with Ice Beam or burn it with Will-O-Wisp.

Furai

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The best nature for Darkrai is obviously Timid, which allows it to set up on Calm Mind Ghost Arceus and defeat it with its STAB. With a neutral Speed nature, Darkrai fails to outspeed Arceus and gets smacked by Focus Blast. Outspeeding everything you can is always a nice thing. I don't think Hardy would work, but you can give it a shot.

I'm sorry I didn't mean hardy, I meant hasty. I don't have access to timid Darkrai, but I figured the +Speed, -Defense wouldn't be too bad, since his defenses are already low enough.

Furai

It could work; just note that Darkrai now has 18.75% to be OHKOed by +0 Life Orb Extreme Killer Arceus's ExtremeSpeed after Stealth Rock, so if you plan in using the Substitute set be aware.

Hey, I should probably know this, but I simply don't.

What's the best way to deal with stallbreaker arceus? I keep getting destroyed by it, and on occasion that I do hold out, it takes a nice 2-4 pokemon chunk out of my team. I can usually handle it until it's the last pokemon, by which time phazing is innefective. (obviously)

I'm running a sun stall team, which is currently comprised of:

Physically defensive Groudon (standard moveset)
Specially defensive Forretress (standard moveset)
Chansey (Seismic Toss, otherwise standard)
Subroost Lugia (w/Toxic, 96 speed EVs)
Physically defensive Giratina-A (standard moveset)
Specially defensive Arceus-Water (Recover, Roar, Grass Knot, Fire Blast)

Any help is appreciated.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey, I should probably know this, but I simply don't.

What's the best way to deal with stallbreaker arceus? I keep getting destroyed by it, and on occasion that I do hold out, it takes a nice 2-4 pokemon chunk out of my team. I can usually handle it until it's the last pokemon, by which time phazing is innefective. (obviously)

I'm running a sun stall team, which is currently comprised of:

Physically defensive Groudon (standard moveset)
Specially defensive Forretress (standard moveset)
Chansey (Seismic Toss, otherwise standard)
Subroost Lugia (w/Toxic, 96 speed EVs)
Physically defensive Giratina-A (standard moveset)
Specially defensive Arceus-Water (Recover, Roar, Grass Knot, Fire Blast)

Any help is appreciated.

What exactly do you mean by stallbreaker Arceus ? Do you mean Dark Arceus or some other variant ? Without knowing the variant its kinda hard to suggest checks to Arceus.

Sorry about the ambiguity.

I mean the Calm Mind/Recover/Refresh/Judgement sets I keep running into, usually run by Dark/Rock Arceus.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
You can run Snatch Chansey if Stallbreaker Arceus causes you trouble; It can Snatch Refresh and Calm Mind, forcing them to succumb to Toxic damage.

Furai

Arceus-Fight makes your best friend. It resists both Dark and Rock, packs super effective STAB, and can either Calm Mind or Perish Song to come as the winner.

Snatch chansey/bliss is too situational to use and a waste of a moveslot imo. Fightceus is a really underrated mon as it can check those stallbreaker arceus sets and also take on ekiller.

I mean the Calm Mind/Recover/Refresh/Judgement sets I keep running into, usually run by Dark/Rock Arceus.
There are several ways to beat Mono-attacking Dark Arceus with stall teams

1) Scarf Terrakion. You can fit it in over Arceus or Lugia depending on who you need more. Usually I will recommend making Giratina Specially Defensive and dropping Arceus for Terrakion. Terrakion/Groudon/Lugia already stomps Extremekiller anyway.

2) Scarf Heracross. Same as Terrakion except you can now OHKO Mewtwo/Darkrai easily in exchange for checking SD Arceus with it. Your team is also pretty weak to Mewtwo, Arceus will just get Psytriked, Giratina and Lugia will be Ice Beamed. Although it won't OHKO either walls, you can only phaze it out once.

3) Steel Arceus. You can use Calm Mind Steel Arceus with Will-O-Wisp or Roar to deal with Dark Arceus. Steel Arceus will win in the end due to the typing advantage or if you use Roar, you will easily triumph. Perish Song is fine if you like to use it.

4) Blaziken. Protect on the switch in and OHKO Arceus Dark next turn or just SD right way and kill it. You can probably drop Arceus-Water or Lugia for this. Gives you a Darkrai or Mewtwo(with a Jolly nature) check. Keep in mind your team is quite weak to Manaphy if Groudon is down.

5) Ferrothorn + Chansey/Blissey. Leech Seed annoys the hell out of Arceus if it lacks Sub. If it has Sub, Toxic Spikes can ruin it. Chansey can just simply Seismic Toss Arceus to death with Leech Seed Support and keep on spamming Toxic as Arceus Recovers, forcing it to use Refresh.

6) There are some other checks such as Ho-Oh(SR out means you die), CM Kyogre(not a reliable check if hazards are down), BU Dialga, Skarmory(can't beat Arceus in the end), Heatran. Oh yeah just saying CB Gyarados beats Arceus one-on-one in the rain. SD Excadrill beats Dark Arceus as well. Tyranitar can eventually beat Arceus with Low Kick.

Question about the forums: Is there a thread where I could find a convenient threatlist template for my RMT, I seem to remember seeing one a while ago but now I can't find it. [EDIT: disregard this question, I found it]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)