Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
VS Elite Four Karen

I feel the life being sucked out of this thread...IT MUST NOT DIE!!!
Anyway, sorry for the inconsistency of my updates, but I'm getting back into the swing of things with school, and it's just too hard to be consistent now. As such, I'm reverting back to boring updates for everything but major battles such as the battles against Lance and Red. With that, let's get down to it.
This battle was much too easy, mainly because of SCARF HERACROSS (With a little assitance from Blaster the Typhlosion--thank you mom for the only useful item you bought me). I was a bit worried about Gengar, but Blaster one-shotted it with Flamethrower. Actually, I think I got an OHKO on each of her Pokemon...so yeah. That's about it.
I'll try to have the battle with Lance up sometime this week, but I can't make any promises. I'll put in a good effort though. So until then, hasta la vista.

I'm starting an Emerald Nuzlocke, wish me luck!
Rules:
1. Any pokemon that faints must be boxed and never taken out
2. Can only catch the first pokemon encountered in every location
3. Trading (even in-game) is not allowed
4. Cannot use legendaries (but can still be caught)
5. Maximum of two healing items in a battle
6. No duplicates
7. No more than 5 dead mons

VS Champion Lance

Here it is, a major point in my Nuzlocke, and the beginning of the end for my team. Yes, the time has finally come...my battle against Lance, the Dragon Trainer. I feel that the battle was slightly disappointing, but whatever. On with it!
VS Champion Lance: Part One
I've prepared for this battle so cautiously, and it's finally come. The pinnacle of my Pokemon League challenge. I've reached the top, and it's all come down to this one battle: Me and Lance, pitting our Pokemon against each other in an epic battle for the ages.
"Ah, Rogue, so you've made it! I congratulate you on your achievement," Lance remarked.
"Um, thanks."
"However, as you well know, your challenge is far from complete. You must face the Champion--I, Lance the Dragon Trainer, shall be your opponent! My Dragon Pokemon are nearly indestructible...you will crumble before their mighty power! Ready or not, Rogue, your challenge begins!"
"Alright, then, so be it. Go, Egg 'em!"
Lance sized up my three-headed tree. "Hmm...an Exeggutor. Is this not the one with which you defeated the Red Gyarados? It has grown remarkably well since we last met. Let us reconstruct that glorious battle...go, Gyarados! Use Ice Fang!"
I flinched as the ice-cold fangs pierced Egg 'em's hide. But he shrugged off the hit and retaliated. "Like we rehearsed, Egg 'em! Sleep Powder!"
Soon, Gyarados collapsed into the realms of sleep, unable to make a move.
"Impressive," Lance commented. "Do not assume victory yet, however."
Gyarados didn't budge.
"Now, Egg 'em, Leech Seed!"
Vines wrapped themselves around the giant sea Pokemon, slowly sapping its health to heal Egg 'em.
Egg 'em launched a barrage of powerful psychic attacks at the Pokemon as it lay motionless in the clutches of sleep. Soon, however, the beast awakened, as had its inner fury.
"Aha!" Lance exclaimed. "Gyarados, Ice Fang!"
Egg 'em continued to use Confusion, leaving Gyarados in critical condition. I anticipated Lance's move and went for a Sleep Powder, knowing I'd be safe, no matter what.
"Full Restore, Gyarados!" Gyarados shook off its weariness and regained its energy.
"You're predictable, Lance. Egg 'em, Sleep Powder!" I ordered.
Once again, Gyarados lay immobile, leaving it open to Egg 'em's psychic attacks. Finally, between the Leech Seed and Confusion, Gyarados had lost too much strength and went down, leaving the score 6-5, Rogue.
"Ah, good work, Rogue," Lance said. "You have truly grown powerful. But that was only the beginning...go, Charizard!"
"Oh crap," I said. "Get back, Egg 'em!"
Now I had to decide who to use next. Clappy had significantly better Special Defense than Landslide, but Landslide would have a much easier time defeating the fiery dragon. Besides, I needed Clappy at full strength against the true Dragons in Lance's arsenal.
"Okay, it's your time to shine, Landslide!"
The Megaton Pokemon appeared before me, cracking the floor beneath its weight. "Ah, a Golem. An excellent choice...but it shall fall against my Charizard! Charizard, hit it with a Shadow Claw!"
Landslide took the hit like a champ and retaliated with Rock Blast. He only managed to fire off two hits, but that was enough. Charizard went down.
Lance seemed stunned. "Wow...the sheer power of your Golem! Truly impressive! But you have yet to witness the full power of dragons...go, Dragonite!"
The moment I had anticipated and feared so greatly had finally arrived...would Clappy be able to hold its own against the Champion's mighty Dragons? Or would it fall at the hands of the most unworthy (Aesthetically) Dragon Pokemon of all time (Besides Altaria)? Only time would tell.

So that's that. Will I be able to defeat Lance? You'll have to wait to find out.
FYI, if I'm bored, I may update periodically with my White Nuzlocke.

I just started an Emerald Nuzlocke with my friend.

Here are the rules:
-If something faints it is considered dead. It must be kept in a dead box.
-Can only catch the first Pokemon on every route, not including the Pokemon you have already captured. (Must have a Pokeball next to it's name)
-Trading is allowed, but only with each other and it can only be used to evolve possible Pokemon. (The person who is getting their Pokemon evolved must receive a Pokemon he has already has catalogued in his Pokedex)
-Game is over if one person looses ALL pokemon, including boxed ones. It is not over if the player looses his party.
-Before the Elite Four we will battle each other with our final teams to see who looses and who wins tour Nuzlockes. The winner of the battle will be able to move onto the E4 while the other player looses his nuzlocke.

I'll try and keep regular updates on my adventure, as for my friend, he doesn't have a Smogon so... you get it. I'll try to record our final battle or do something cool for it, still not sure.

Wish me luck!

-EDIT-

First Update! (didn't want to double post)

Route 101:
Curry the Treecko

Nature: Mild
Met at lvl 5
Ability: Overgrow

Route 102-104:
Route: 102

Puddles the Lotad

Nature: Naughty
Met at lvl 4
Ability: Rain Dish

Route 103:

Rocco the Zigzagoon

Nature: Hardy
Met at lvl 3
Ability: Pickup

Route: 104

Aeirl the Marill

Nature:Lonely
Met at lvl 5
Ability: Huge Power

Petalburg Woods:
Nickypoo the Slakoth

Nature: Calm
Met at lvl 5
Ability: Truant

The Gym Battle:
~Rustboro City~
Sauce: Rustboro gym… Let’s do this, guys! And by guys, I mean Curry ‘cause the rest of you are all under leveled and wont stand a chance against anything, not even my foot.
~ Rustboro Gym~
Sauce: Ok Curry, lets breeze through these wimps and get to the gym leader.
Gym trainer: Hey, you! Don’t underestimate us gym trainers, OK!? We gym trainers are super strong, OK!? It’s going to take a lot to beat all of us, OK!? *Rambles on*
Sauce: How bothersome, Curry, go ahead and attack his Geodude.
Gym trainer: And that is why we gym trainers should be respected at all times, OK!? Now, lets battle! OK! Go Geodu- Hey where’d she go. Not OK, running from a battle like that. GASP! GEODUDE WHAT HAPPENED!? ARE YOU OK!? NOOOOO(K)!!!!
Gym trainer 2: Hey, creepy hiker dude, lets team up on that trainer over there, OK!?
Hiker: GOD DAMMIT! Do all of you gym trainers have to say “OK” all the time?
Gym trainer 2: I… guess not. Its kind of our thing though.
Hiker: Yeesh. Anyway you’re right, lets team up on this girl, I’ll hold her down while you take off her clothes.
Gym trainer 2: OK!
Hiker: STOP THAT!
Gym trainer 2: Sorry.
Hiker: Huh? Where’d she go!? She was right over there a minute ago. AAAH! What happened to our Geodudes!? HOW’D SHE GET PAST US!
Gym trainer 2: I think she walked.
Hiker: HEY YOU! GIRL! GET BACK HERE SO WE CAN RAPE YOU!
Sauce: *Turns around* Excuse me!? Curry, looks like they need be taught a lesson, Fury Cutter!
Hiker: AAAH! My soft parts!
Gym trainer 2: This is not OK!
Sauce: Hmph, simpletons.
???: So, you’ve been the one attacking my students and that creepy hiker man.
Sauce: Name’s Sauce, and don’t worry, you don’t have to thank me.
???: Name’s Roxanne. And I’m not.
Sauce: So do you wanna give me the badge now or?
Roxanne: Ha! Good one, my gym trainers’ Geodudes might have been weak, but mine are strong!
Sauce: Bring it on, Brock!
Roxanne: What? No, my name is Roxanne. I just told you that.
Sauce: No, you’re Brock, get used to it.
Roxanne: Brock is a boy’s name. I’m a girl!
Sauce: Good one Brock, but are we gonna get this started or what? I’m getting hungry.
Roxanne: I’M NOT BROCK! GO GEODUDES!
Sauce: Curry Absorb!
Roxanne: No wonder all of the Geodudes in this gym didn’t stand a chance, she’s been using a grass type! Ew, grass types are all gross and mangled.
Sauce: Just like your hair, now hurry up and send out your next Pokemon.
Roxanne: Go! Nosepass!
Sauce: *Grins*
Roxanne: Wha! How? How’d this happen!
Sauce: While you were blabbing about being a Brock, I figured I would just finish you then.
Roxanne: IF YOU KNEW THAT MY NOSEPASS WAS DEAD, WHY’D YOU MAKE ME SEND IT OUT!
Sauce: Oh, ya know, torment and stuff.
Roxanne: I hate you so much…Ugh, but whatever here’s your badg- Huh? Where’d the badge go?
Sauce: What? Oh, that? I took it before the battle started.
Roxanne: THEN WHY EVEN BATTLE ME!?
Sauce: Exp, duh. Anyway, see ya Brock. Well, hopefully not, I don’t want to inhale any more of your ugliness.
Roxanne: RRRRRRRRRR.

The Team:
Curry the Grovyle

Nature: Mild
Met at lvl 19
Move set: Pursuit/Fury Cutter
Absorb/Quick Attack
Ability: Overgrow

Puddles the Lotad

Met at lvl 4
Move Set: Astonish/Growl
Ability: Rain Dish

Rocco the Zigzagoon

Nature: Hardy
Met at lvl 3
Move Set: Tackle/Growl

Aeirl the Marill

Nature:Lonely
Met at lvl 5
Moveset: Tackle/Defense Curl
Ability: Huge Power

Nickypoo the Slakoth

Nature: Calm
Met at lvl 9
Move set: Tackle/Yawn
Encore/
Ability: Truant

You can really see how much my "team" has grown, I plan to use Slakoth after I get the EXP share and the rest of the low levels are HM slaves and death fodders. Rocco having Pickup is like my own little Pokemart, so she's staying on my team until i replace everyone else. (also sorry about some of the sprites, I have no idea what happened to them and don't ask me about naming Slakoth Nickypoo, long story)

It's a shame to see this thread has gone a bit quiet! I only heard about the Nuzlocke challenge yesterday, long time Pokemon player but never taken it too seriously, just assembled the team with the best mix of types and high base stats and just tried to steamroller the game with type effective OHKO's... it gets a bit boring so this seemed perfect. I had a read through Petty's Nuzlocke comic yesterday, found it fantastic and was insipired to do my own. Hopefully it will inspire some life in this thread as well!

Rules -

1. If a Pokémon in my party faints, its dead. I must release it as soon as possible.
1a. If all the Pokémon’s in my party die, I can make a new party with Pokémon’s that are waiting in the PC. If there are no Pokémon’s in the PC, the game is over.
1b. Pokémon that hit 1HP due to poison are considered dead.
2. The battle type will be SET - no switching out after defeating an enemy trainer's Pokémon.
3. I can only catch the first Pokémon I encounter in an area.
4. If I already have a Pokémon of the same species as the first Pokémon I encounter in an area, I can ignore that encounter.
5. Pokémon that are given, traded or obtained in any way other than in the wild don't count.
6. Legendaries don't count, but I will only have one try to catch them. If I fail, I will not reload and I will not try to catch them later on. If caught, they follow the same rules as any other Pokémon.
7. I will nickname all my Pokémon’s.
8. No healing items to be used outside of battle.

The updates were originally being emailed to a friend so a bit of back story up to the point of the updates - Started with Cynaquil (Hellfire), caught a Pidgey (Skyla) on the first route (caught the first Pokemon I saw when I didn't have Pokeballs) and Caterpie (Worm) on the next (same rule), caught a Mareep (Bolt) which I was chuffed about and a Geodude from the short Route to the north of the first route. Killed the first Geodude I encountered in Dark Cave so nothing from there.

Update 2
Update 2

Badges - 1
Location - Union Cave

Progress
Bolt just wiped the floor with the 1st gym. He OHKO'd the entire gym up to Pidgeotto who went down to a 2nd critical Thundershock. After the win it was time to head to the Ruins of Alph to pick up a Geodude through Rock Smash, was pretty pleased to pick up a LV10 one at that, Rocky was the obvious choice for name but oddly female... are any Geo'dude's actually female?

Picked up the old rod from the Pokemon Centre on Route 32 and went back up to town to catch Magikarp from the town pond... The main reason I was so eager to do that is if I start fishing on a route before I catch any other Pokemon I can discard duplicates so can fish and fish and fish till I get something other than a Magikarp... Tentacool is a definite option as my 'annoy-er'... but the stats are awful until they evolve and they are easily accessible later on in the game so I'm in two minds about that. I'm also aware of some pretty cool options from Headbutting.

Looking at my team i couldn't see much hope for the Union Cave, full of Rock and Ground types and Fire, Flying/Normal and Electric types as my main party I turned to Rocky who had picked up the fighting move Rock Smash... perfect. After a few levels Rocky picked up Magnitude and had leveled to the parties average LV, even manged to take down two Koffings single handly (epic exp!)... the last trainer in the cave was Pokemaniac Larry and his Slowpoke, I figured a 2 hit KO was in order and Slowpokes are pretty stupid and definitely slow so I thought I was pretty safe, Magnitude... 7 down to 25% hp... great one more hit... Slowpoke used Water Gun... *F**K* 30/45 to 0/45 in one fell swoop and I learnt my first cruel lesson of the Nuzlocke challenge - always play it safe. I was pretty gutted. R.I.P. Rocky. I was really considering her for a permanent slot in the team.

Pokemon

Team
Hellfire (Quilava) - Starter. Naughty - LV14
Skyla (Pidgey) - Caught Route 29. Sassy - LV14
Worm (Caterpie) -Caught Route 30. Bold -LV4
Bolt (Flaffy) - Caught Route 32. Lax - LV15
Egg

Box
Rat (Rattata) - Caught Route 46. Quiet - LV4
Onyx (Onix) - Caught Union Cave. Sassy - LV6
Flounder (Magikarp) - Caught Violet City. Jolly - LV10

Passed Away
Rocky (Geodude) - Killed by Slowpoke's Water Gun - Union Cave LV15

Update 3
Update 3

New Rule - 8. No healing items to be used outside of battle.

Badges - 1
Location - Azaela Town

Progress
I released the remains of Rocky at the Pokemon Centre before heading back to Route 33 to catch my Pokemon of the route, ended up being Spearow... fantastic another Normal/Flying Bird Pokemon, waste of time *grumble*, just before I caught Javelin the useless-piece-of-s**t-even-with-extrasensory-cos-i-cant-evolve-to-final-form-until-endgame-without-trade-to-get-item Togepi made an appearance before Prof. Elm verbally jizzed in my ear with excitement.
I've decided to train Worm, not only to make his name completely irrelevant, but also to forget the pain of losing Rocky and because I have a free spot now. Unfortunately training around this part of the game is awful and its going to take a long time to get a Butterfree.
Ilex Forest has brought Worm to LV7 and a Metapod, boost in defense and not a lot else from that evolution, really need to push onto LV10.
The Rockets in Slowpokes Cave were harder than I remember them being, that probably because I wasted a few trainer battles on Rocky but still, LV15~ with 3 Pokemon is slightly underleveled at this point. Proton was as expected though, pointless Zubat... do they only known Supersonic? I swear... But then a SUPER annoying LV12 Koffing. Skyla did her bit with 3 sand-attacks before I got Worm in on the action, only for her to get immediately poisoned too... not looking good. Swapped out to Bolt for a Thunder Wave but got hit by ANOTHER Poison Gas with HP low. No Antidotes in my bag, smart, whipped out a Super Potion instead... time to win this. With Thunder Wave hit and accuracy down this Koffing was fucked - Thundershock bringing it down to 5% HP before rounding it off with a tackle. Luckily I ended up at Kurts House magically so my Pokemon didn't die of Poison... I need antidotes before I go anywhere near Bugsy!
*half an hour grinding later*... BUTTERFREE! Thank god, I haven't decided 100% if it will be a member of the team due to double flying with Skyla and prettyaverage stats but their move sets are alright and being fast and having 75% effective Sleep Powder is pretty good, before I consider the Compoundeyes ability. She can also learn Dream Eater which is win.

Pokemon

Team
Hellfire (Quilava) - Starter. Naughty - LV14
Skyla (Pidgey) - Caught Route 29. Sassy - LV14
Worm (Butterfree) -Caught Route 30. Bold -LV10
Bolt (Flaffy) - Caught Route 32. Lax - LV15
Halfshell (Togepi) - Hatched Route 33. Docile - LV1
Onyx (Onix) - Caught Union Cave. Sassy - LV6

Box
Javelin (Spearow) - Caught Route 33. LV6
Speedster (Slowpoke) - Caught Slowpoke Cave. Lv*

Passed Away
Rocky (Geodude) - Killed by Slowpoke's Water Gun - Union Cave LV10-15

Update 4
Update 4

Badges - 2
Location - Azaela Town

Progress
Azaela Gym has always been deceptive easily up to the point that Bugsy sends out Sycther, I knew he was going to be a problem, the plan was to status and stat drop abuse but unfortunately he had a similar plan. Worm went out first and put him straight to sleep but after seeing Confusion do about 10% damage I knew I had to swap out so over to Hellfire who got caught by a double leer and a focus energy, dangerous situation. I managed to throw a few smokescreens up to try and lower accuracy but one quick attack took Hellfire to 8HP and he was out of there, swapped out for Onyx who used Screech to lower Sycthers defense before getting OHKO'd by U-turn I figured it was going to happen, but the 2nd Pokemon to die wasn't one I had come attached to.
Skyla up next and she did the team proud, got off about 4-5 sand attacks with a few gusts but eventually Sycther setup Focus Energy and Quick Attack, got lucky with the crit and down she went, pretty gutted but now determined to win I throw out a healed Hellfire and finished him off with an Ember before OHKO'ing the other two shitting bug Pokemon with Ember too. The team is looking sparse.
Time to take on Silver, he started with a Gastly with its hilariously frail defenses but as usual it Curse'd from the off leaving Worm limited to a few turns, still managed to get a Sleep Powder followed by Confusion in to finish it off but as Croconaw came out for him it was time for Bolt. Croconaws tactic was clear, lowering speed and pretty soon Scary Face had Bolt at -6 but I had my own plans Thunder Wave and Growl greatly limiting his functionality before picking it off with 3 Thundershocks. Only little old Zubat left for him, Supersonic of course and Bolt decided to start whacking himself over the head for minimal damage before cracking off a Thundershock, not risking anything I tagged in Hellfire to finish the fight with Ember though, I'm not losing anymore Pokemon anytime soon...

Pokemon

Team
Hellfire (Quilava) - Starter. Naughty - LV17
Worm (Butterfree) -Caught Route 30. Bold -LV14
Bolt (Flaffy) - Caught Route 32. Lax - LV17

Box
Javelin (Spearow) - Caught Route 33. LV6
Speedster (Slowpoke) - Caught Slowpoke Cave. Calm - LV8
Zubat - Caught Ilex Forest . Timid - LV5

Passed Away
Skylla (Pidgey) - Killed by Scythers Quick Attack - Azaela Gym LV4-16
Onyx (Onix) - Killed by Scythers U-Turn - Azaela Gym LV6

Update 5

Update 5

Badges - 2
Location - Goldenroad

Progress
Illex Forest is only good for one thing, picking up Headbutt which is way too strong with a STAB bonus at this stage of the game and perfect for a certain Aipom I named Aibo which was caught using the headbutt method back in Azaela Town. Moving out of the Forest and onto Route 34 I picked up a Drowzee in the grass as my first encounter, perfect. Traded it for 'Muscle' the Lonely (+ATK - DEF) female (avoids Miltanks Attract) Machop in the Department store and have decided to make her a part of the team. I may need to trade into a Machamp at some point as Machokes stats are pretty poor apart from ATK.
Ran through the usual setup in Goldenroad and renamed Worm to Nina and Bolt to Light before setting off to Route 34 to catch the first Pokemon I find... 60% chance its either a Nidoran M or F... 1% chance is a Yanma (fingers crossed) but nope its a Nidoran M but as Nidoking has a solid moveset in Gen IV - its for keeping and actually makes a team of 6 - probably a few too many at this point and not nearly enough variety in terms of types as the Gym Leaders main Pokemon will always be a few levels ahead but I think Muscle has this next Gym down. My Nidoran M is called Reno by the way. Time to train a bit...

Pokemon

Team
Hellfire (Quilava) - Starter. Naughty - LV18
Nina (Butterfree) -Caught Route 30. Bold -LV17
Light (Flaffy) - Caught Route 32. Lax - LV17
Muscle (Machop) - Traded Goldenroad. Lonely - LV13
Aibo (Aipom) - Caught Azalea Town. Naughty - LV6
Reno (Nidoran M) - Caught Route 35. Adamant - LV12

Notable Box Pokemon
None

Passed Away
Skylla (Pidgey) - Killed by Sycthers Quick Attack - Azaela Gym LV4-16
Onyx (Onix) - Killed by Sycthers U-Turn - Azaela Gym LV6

Has anyone tried to nuzlocke Pokemon Expert Emerald? I tried many times, never got farther than to Lilycove City.

I made myself a new rules for this game.

1) I may catch only ONE pokemon for each different area/route.
2) I may catch ANY pokemon on that route.
3) If a pokemon faints it he has to be released as soon as I get to the Pokemon Center.
4) I must not use more than TWO starter pokemon at the same time.
5) No legendaries.

I just made that up. Gonna try it now. Hopefully I can beat this game.
What do you think about it? Have you tried to nuzlocke this game? How far did you get?

I love to nuzlocke this game. Moves like growl/harden are actually worth using. Mainly during gym battles.

VS Champion Lance Pt. 2

Hey, nice to see the thread is picking up a bit of steam. Anyway, I have here the final part of Rogue's saga in the Johto region. How will he fare against the might of Lance's Dragonite(s)? Read on, brave souls...read on.
VS Champion Lance Pt. 2
"Umm..." I stammered. The moment I had waited for had finally arrived. The moment I had so vigorously prepared for was here. Lance had sent out his Dragonite, and frankly, I was a bit unsure I could do it. But I had a trick up my sleeve, and I hope would work.
"Go, Clappy!" Dewgong appeared before me, ready as ever for battle.
"Ah, a Dewgong. An Ice-type...how I despise those," Lance said bitterly. "But enough talk! Let us get on with the battle! Dragonite, use--"
"CLAPPY, ICE BEAM!"
Clappy rushed forward with a speed the likes of which I hadn't seen before and blasted Dragonite with a beam of frozen energy.
Now that answered one of my questions...Dewgong would be able to outspeed a Dragonite when equipped with a Choice Scarf. Now the only question remaining was if it would be able to one-shot the Dragonite, and if not, would it be able to survive the return blow? Only time would tell.
To my delight (And, honestly, surprise) Dragonite was frozen solid. It managed to muster up the energy to break out of the ice, but the energy it expended doing so caused it to collapse, fainted.
"YES!" I exclaimed. "Awesome, Clappy! Let's hope you can pull it off again!"
Clappy's look of joy suddenly deflated.
"Aww, don't be that way," I said. "I mean it in a good way...not that you got lucky or anything."
"Enough!" Lance commanded. "If you're quite finished, let us continue. Go, Aerodactyl!"
While a Scarf'd Dewgong could outpace a Dragonite, I was quite certain it would fall short of beating an Aerodactyl to the chase.
"Come back, Clappy! You've done awesome," I said. "Now, get back out there, Landslide!"
The giant boulder roared defiantly at the ancient pterodactyl. Aerodactyl responded in kind.
"Aerodactyl, use Crunch!" Lance ordered.
"Use Stone Edge, Landslide!"
Sure enough, Aerodactyl hit Landslide with blinding speed. Landslide shrugged off the blow (Golem be bawsin') and launched a series of razor-sharp rocks at the dinosaurian creature. Aerodactyl was battered by the sudden barrage of stones, and fell to the ground in a heap.
"Nice job, Landslide. Now, finish this up for us, Clappy!"
"Not so fast. Go, Dragonite," Lance said as he tossed his fifth Poke Ball into the air.
"Just like last time, Clappy. Ice Beam."
I sat down, confident that the move would KO. But it was not so. I stared in shock as Dragonite lived with a sliver of health.
"Ahaha, check and mate. Outrage!" Lance said triumphantly.
I paled. As good a tank as Clappy was, I wasn't sure it could survive STAB Outrage coming from 134 base Attack (Or is it base 135?...idk. I don't play OU). Dragonite opened its maw, flames spewing out as it charged towards Clappy, claws outstretched...

Well, I guess this isn't the final part. Oh, well. I'll have the conclusion up on Sunday. It should be pretty short. And I won't update with White. I accidentally deleted the file. Not like anyone was pissing themselves with excitement. But maybe I'll do a White 2 Nuzlocke soon when it's released on Sunday (I so excited!). And I'm just writing off random stuff now, so I'm gonna finish this before I waste another two minutes of your life.
Gorm, I've never played Expert Emerald, but to Nuzlocke it seems really challenging. Good luck...you'll probably need it.

Two updates and my last for this Nuzlocke...

Update 6

Badges - 3
Location - Ecruteak City

Progress
Reno in training got killed by my own stupidity. I didn't notice the level increase between two Magmars a trainer had and got killed by a single Faint Attack, great. Felt ready for Whitney with Muscle in the team so sweeped the gym with a mix of Muscle and Hellfire before taking on the lady herself.
Clefairy is shockingly bad, its like they tried to counter how awesome Miltank is. Nina put it to sleep before Muscle setup with x-attack, x-defend and focus energy and boshing out a OHKO Karate Chop.
Miltank was a lot more difficult. Her and Muscle exchanged a few Karate Chop's and Stomps before we both paused to heal and I swapped in Light to Paralyze to prevent rollout damage. Swapped back to Muscle but forgot I had lost the effects of x-attack and x-defend making the battle a lot more difficult. Eventually after plenty of swapping healing Lights thundershock dropped the fat cow, but not before Aipo was used as death fodder.

I picked up 15 soda pop... might need a dentist soon and set out to pick up a Heracross, I would have to go past Ecruteak City to get one though. Found a Heracross on the route, it almost OHKO'd Nina.. despite a 5 level difference, I knew it was badass... caught with Great Ball. Rubbish nature but no matter. Back to Goldenrod to pick up Eevee and start a mass training session.

Pokemon
Team
Hellfire (Quilava) - Starter. Naughty - LV18
Nina (Butterfree) -Caught Route 30. Bold -LV17
Light (Flaffy) - Caught Route 32. Lax - LV17
Heraboss (Heracross) - Caught Route 42. - Quiet LV13
Knight (Eevee) - Gift from Bill. Sassy LV5
Muscle (Machop) - Traded Goldenroad. Lonely - LV13

Notable Box Pokemon
None

Passed Away
Reno (Nidoran M) - Killed by Magmars Faint Attack - Route 35 LV12-14
Aibo (Aipom) - Killed by Miltanks Stomp. Goldenrod Gym - LV6

Update 7

Badges - 3
Location - Ecruteak City

Progress

Trained Eevee by following the route earlier on in the game through Union Cave Illex Forest, got him up to Lvl 15 and decided to train Heracross too as we were not ready for Morty. Came through Mt. Mortar and fought the last hiker before the next town, through out a Diglett which I thought Knight had covered, started with Dig but forgot that Magnitute works on Pokemon on underground and got 2 hit KO-d by it (Magnitute 9... bollocks). That was devasting cos I was excited by the prospect of Umbreon, even though I wasn't going to evolve it until LV29 I had all intentions of getting there.

Released Knight before continuing to Lake of Rage, trainers and Pokemon pretty much inline with mine now, really feeling underleveled but carried on as Heroboss was really starting to live up to his name now he knew Brick Break and Strength. Came up against a Nidoking whicih was a 2 hit KO with Stength but he started with a Focus Energy and got a Critical Peck of all things to take down full health Heraboss in one hit (4x weakness). My own stupid fault really, but who has a LV25 Nidoking with Peck >_<. Picked up a Noctowl on the route, not bad.

Looked like the end with only 3 Pokemon LV20+ and Gengar being LV25 but continued to Burned Tower and wanted to give Morty our best shot. Easily defeated Silver, Gastly OHKO from Confusion and Light dealt with Zubat and Croconaw with ease. Picked up a LV17 Koffing on the way out, too frail to use in a Nuzlocke though...
Nina solo'd the gym Pokemon picking up Psybeam half way through, perfect. Time for Morty, not feeling confident at all. Nina did her bit and OHKO'd Gastly but Morty always swaps into Gengar next and on came the Shadow Balls... hitting Nina for about 55% of her HP everytime. I tried using x-speed to balance the playing field and spamming Sleep Powder when possible but eventually it took Nina down by lowering Sp. Def with Shadow Ball. Put Hellfire out next but Shadow Ball left him with 2/63 HP... not looking good. I heal and get off a Smokescreen to try and stem the tide but no luck... 2nd Shadow Ball OHKO. Light would fare better due to having higher Sp. Def and I tried taking allt he speed of Gengar with Thunder Wave and Cotton Spore and it worked well even though its high Sp. Def meant Thundershock was pretty weak but out came the Hyper Potion and I was back to square one.

Whooping came out next and actually impressively took 50% of Gengar's health with critical hit assurances but Shadow Ball hit and its a OHKO... Sleepy the Noctowl and Rat left... was waiting for Gengar to end its sweep in style but surprisingly due to Sleepy being part normal type and having Hypnosis it managed to Peck the life out of that f**cking Gengar and picked up over 1,000exp. Still two haunters to go with just Sleepy on the field though and the Haunter starts off with Curse, about the only move that can damage me in the moveset and starts eating away at my Soda Pops. Peck is a weak move but due to Haunters awful physcal defense Sleepy managed to take out one of the Haunters and reduce the next one to minimal HP before Morty ruins the fun with another Hyper Potion. With no healing items Sleepy slowly died from Curse... sad and Rat was easily disposed of despite neither Pokemon being able to damage eachother due to another Curse. Black out.
My team after releasing -

Pokemon

Team
Muscle (Machop) - Traded Goldenroad. Lonely - LV18
Sword (Sycther) - National Park. Careful - LV13
Javelin (Spearow) - Route 33. Sassy - LV6
Paulton (Hoothoot) - National Park. Quiet - LV12
Aibo (Aipom) - Azalea Town. Naughty LV6

Notable Box Pokemon

Passed Away
Reno (Nidoran M) - Killed by Magmars Faint Attack - Route 35 LV12-14
Aibo (Aipom) - Killed by Miltanks Stomp. Goldenrod Gym - LV6
Knight (Eevee) - Killed by Digletts Magnitude. Route 42 - LV5-16
Heraboss (Heracross) - Killed by Nidokings Peck. Quiet - LV21
Hellfire (Quilava) - Killed by Gengars Shadow Ball. Naughty - LV23
Nina (Butterfree) -Killed by Gengars Shadow Ball Bold -LV25
Light (Flaffy) - Killed by Gengars Shadow Ball. Lax - LV22
Rat (Rattata) - Killed by Haunters Curse. Quiet - LV4
Sleepy (Noctowl) - Killed by Haunters Curse. Gentle - LV18
Whooping (Koffing) - Killed by Gengars Shadow Ball. Bold - LV16
RIP... I lost too many of you.

So its over, my first Nuzlocke got me 3 badges. I knew Gengar was going to be a problem, its probably the hardest relative Pokemon in the game due to its insane Sp. Atk and Shadow Ball. My team was too weak due to the loss of a few team members and defiantly too weak to continue on without days of grinding and even then I don't have the type balance to actually beat Gengar. I'm not giving up though. It's going to be FR/LG now, which I think will be easier without the insane leading Pokemon of the Gym leaders in this one. Also, images as I will be running it on an emulator!

After failing my first Emerald Nuzlocke (Maxie and Tabitha killed my best Pokemon in Mosdeep city), I have come back with avengance to take on the Hoenn region again in my Emerald Nuzlocke Mark II.

Rules:
-Battle style is set
-Standard "first pokemon you see" rule-- excluding duplicates and evolutions of duplicates (i.e., seeing a Zigzagoon first on Route 102 after already catching one on Route 101)
-The only other exception to the rule above is the Starter Pokemon, who is technically caught on Route 101, but I count it as given to me in Littleroot
-No legendaries will be used
-I WILL catch a shiny if I see it
-Gift Pokemon are allowed (though I'm pretty sure that is a non-issue in Emerald)
-PC is allowed
-Pokemon Center and PokeMart trips are limited to 5 per town. (This includes using PC boxes to heal, but does not count using them to swap and store Pokemon)
-In battle, only 3 items from the bag are allowed to be used, and as many held items as equipped.
-If a Pokemon faints, I will put it into the PC into the 'RIP' box
-I will be catching back-ups who will be immediately boxed. (But the 1st pokemon on route still applies)

First Update, The Early Game
Second Update, Electrifying Battles and the Fiery Mountain
Third Update; Off of the Grindstone and into the Fire
Fourth Update; The Price of Victory
Fifth Update; Rebuilding Phases
Sixth Update; The Twin Terrors

First update of my Emerald Nuzlocke Mark II, comprising my trip from the beginning all the way to right before the battle with Wattson.

Little Route - Named myself Severus, moved in, met the neighbors
Route 101, 103, and Little Route - Got Jupiter the Torchic (M), Saved the Prof, easily defeated my rival
Route 101 - Captured my very first Pokemon: Sheala the Zigzagoon (F)
Route 103 - Captured my second Pokemon: Georgina the Poocheyena (F)... named her after my actual dog who looks like a Poocheyena
Route 102 - Captured Margarita the Lotad (F). Defeated all the puny trainers along the route, ran into a Ralts right after catching Margarity -_-
Petalburg City and Route 102 - Helped Wally catch his Ralts (wish I had his luck), met the stalker Scott
Route 104 south side - Captured Entre the Wurmple (M), defeated more trainers
Petalburg Woods - Captured Toadette the Shroomish (F), defeated more trainers, met Team Aqua for the first time
Route 104 North Side - See "defeated puny trainers," Entre evolved for the first time into Silcoon (heck yeah), got Bullet Seed TM
Rustboro City - Entered Gym, destroyed all the Gym Trainers with Toadette and Margarita, Soloed Roxanne with Toadette, got Rock Tomb TM, left gym and was recruited again to stop Team Aqua.
Route 116 - Captured Ino the Nincada (F), defeated more Trainers, Entre evolved again into Beautifly, met Mr. Briney.
Rusturf Tunnel - Caught StevePerry the Whismer (M), defeated Team Aqua, save Peeko
Route 116 & Rustboro City - Got a Great Ball, got a Pokenav, got recruited to do more work, easily defeated my rival for a second time, Margarita evolved for the first time into Lombre.
Route 104, Petalburg Woods, Sea Route to Dewford - Hitched a ride to Dewford Town, got an Old Rod while in the town
Granite Cave - Got HM Flash, captured the useless Flapper the Zubat (M -- really wanted a Makuhita), gave Steven his letter, Jupiter evolved for the first time into Combusken
Dewford Town - Changed hip Slogan, fought gym trainers with Jupiter and Entre, Soloed Brawly with Entre. Entre's usefulness finished, he was boxed at level 16.
Routes 107, 108, & 109 - Sailed through, beat Trainers on the beach
Slateport City - Delivered the good *drugs,* stomped Team Aqua flat
Route 103 & 110 - Stomped more puny trainers flat, beat the Trick House, easily beat my rival for a third time. Captured Kearra the Electrike (F) -- named after the character in the Lion King II
Route 117, 118, 111, Mauville City - Stomped more Puny trainers, beat Walley, Captured ??? the Oddish (M) on Route 117, evolved Sheala into Linoone. Currently hanging around these routes to grind for Wattson.

Jupiter the Combusken (M)
Level: 20
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Double Kick, Ember, Peck, Focus Energy
Opinion: As always, the starter is a solid Pokemon to have. But right now it suffers from lack of really powerful moves, even Roselia's can survive Embers, but still, hopes are high for Jupiter

Sheala the Linoone (F)
Moves: Headbutt, Tackle, Tail Whip, Sand-Attack
Opinion: It's a Linoone, not much can really be said in her praise. She does carry the most powerful move on the team (STAB Headbutt,) coming off the second highest attacking stat, so for now she will stay. Unfortunately she will most likely be doomed to being boxed and/or HM Slavery. Getting random items from Pickup is nice though

Margarita the Lombre (F)
Nature: Rash
Ability: Swift Swim
Moves: Fake Out, Absorb, Astonish, Bullet Seed
Opinion: While she has great typing and beneficial nature, she suffers heavily from her weak moves and the amount of Pokemon around the resist her moves. Hopefully once I get more TM's she will get out from being just a mere back burner Pokemon.

Toadette the Shroomish (F)
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Effect Spore
Moves: Tackle, Mega Drain, Leech Seed, Stun Spore
Opinion: Technically speaking, Toadette is the most accomplished Pokemon that I am carrying on my team, and tied with Entre for overall accomplishment. She Soloed Roxanne in Rustborro through a combination of Stun Spore Hax, Leech Seed drain, and then Absorb recovery. As of now she has fallen from grace, but evolution will hopefully give her the power she needs. Much like Margarita, she suffers heavily from weak and resisted moves.

Kearra the Electrike (F)
Ability: Static
Moves: Tackle, Thunder Wave, Quick Attack, Spark
Opinion: As of right now, I am calling her the MVP. Unlike almost the entire rest of the team, she does not suffer from lack of statistical power of lack of powerful moves. While she hasnt seen much action due to being leveled up through EXP. Sharing, she will soon become a power house. My only fear is that her fraility will be the death of her. Still, hopes are extremely high for her.

Georgina the Poocheyena (F); Lvl 3
Entre the Beautifly (M); Lvl 16
Ino the Nincada (F); Lvl 6
StevePerry the Whismur(M); Lvl 6
Flapper the Zubat (M); Lvl 7
??? (forgot a nickname) the Oddish (M); Lvl 13

None =D

Looking over my resources and prospects, things dont look to great, but nor do they look too grim either. Wattson looms in the near future, but by that time I will have a Breloom and a Combusken to fight him off. And if I really want too, I can grind Ino the Nincada to evolution to get a Shedinja who completely walls Wattson. Unfortunately, much of my team suffers from Weak Move syndrome, and that wont change for a good 15-20 levels at best, or until I get some good TMs. As far as boxed Pokemon go, I fear what will happen if I have a tragic accident on one of the routes and most of my team dies, because none of them are easily grindable, nor do they provide very good final evoltions (the only exception being Crobat). But hopefully when new routes open up these issues will work themselves out.

Starting a White Bi-type/Nuzlocke
Rules:
-I can only catch the first Bug type or Grass type I see in an area
-If a pokemon faints it is considered dead and must be put in box 7 upon reaching a PC
-Trading can only be used to evolve Karrablast and Shelmet,
-Battle type is set.
-No Legendaries can be caught
-If the the first pokemon I encounter in a route is one I've already caught, it will be ignored
-I will nickname all of my pokemon
-Healing items cannot be used outside of battle.
-1 HM slave of a different type may be caught(it would be impossible without surf/waterfall slave)
White Sewaddle Nuzlocke...GO.

Chapter One
I already knew the early game was going to be boring, as the next pokemon I would catch will be in Pinwheel Forest, then in Desert Resort. I picked naturally picked Snivy, stomped Cheren and Bianca, nicknamed Snivy Rodger, took my first steps, and left into the vast world that had way too many Fire, Steel, Dragon, Rock, Flying, Poison, and other Bug pokemon.
I encounter a Lilipup, but that doesn't matter.
N is still the creep he was before, but I still stomp the Purrloin and Rodger gets to level 8.
I somehow manage to catch nothing in Route 2, but Rodger gains a couple levels and I move to Striaton. But wait! Bianca wants to battle. I totally got destroyed in this battle lol no. Nothing particularly interesting happened in the Dreamyard, couldn't accept Panpour of course. Rodger is level 12, nothing special.
Now I get to battle Cheren, and level 8 pokes are not hard to counter, even with a type disadvantage. Rodger grows to 13 and learns growth, and I'm off to the gym.
Cheren reminds me to buy more potions, because Pansear will not be fun...
I destroy the minimum wage waiters and
MAJOR BATTLE 1:
Chili
Lillipup lvl 12
Pansear lvl 14
I knew this was going to be tough, but I also knew I couldn't lose this early in the nuzlocke. Before the battle, I gave Rodger an Oran Berry beforehand, just so I could get enough Growth boosts before Pansear. I got three before I get smashed by a Bite. I faint Lillipup, and he sends out Pansear. I spam Tackle and Tackle until I was hit by a crit on Incinerate. I was left with 1 hp, and I land the final blow. w00t. Trio Badge.
I get the C-Gear and HM 1, the Plama members posed somewhat of a problem with Bide,but I beat them anyway, and get Rodger to level 16 and learns Leaf Tornado. I also had to teach Rodger Cut=( Cut is going to SUCK.
Party: Sinvy Lvl 16, Timid

Chapter 2
As I move toward Wellsping cave I decide to to a bit of training at the daycare center. I make it through without taking a single point of damage (off topic, but how did a 4-5yo get a pokemon??) but Rodger gains a level.
AND OMFG RODGER EVOLVES. HOW AMAZING.
And theres a slight problem... the twins won't let me pass them... I need to bend the rules a little for this battle...
I go back to the Dreamyard and grab the pokemon Patrat TEMPORARILY.
Nickname: Fagbag
I murder Fagbag and take on the twins with Rodger and breeze through the battle. I then proceed to cover up any evidence that I murdered a small pokemon.
I move on to Cheren who is fairly easy, I cut the shit out of Tepig, and OHKO Purrloin with Leaf Tornado. Oh no, Team Plasma, how terrifying. They stole a preschoolers pokemon and now I'm expected to get it back, but lol Cheren thinks he can get it.
Encounter with Pidove. DGAF.
Encounter with Adleaide. DGAF.
Encounter with Woobat. DGAF.
Encounter with Team Plasma. 2HKO. DGAF.
Encounter with another Team Plasma with Cheren. Not even gonna bother.
Then goes a heated debate on whether nuzlockes are certain death for all pokemon (which they are). I get some Heal Balls, then I go back to the Center in Striaton.
I battle with some trainers on Route 3, learn what doubles grass is, and I move to Nacrene City.
BUT WAIT! Pidove encounter.
I'm now going to take the liberty of showing you all the things I can get for my first pokemon!
35% Petlil(good) 35% Sewaddle (bad) 15% Venipede(good) Trade Petlil for Cottonee(terrible)Shaking spots 10% Pansage(ok) 5% Lilligant (ok)
Excitement boils in my blood.
I meet with Cheren, and he gives me Chesto Berries... Super Potions would be nice. He also gives me the really helpful advice of using fighting types on the normal gym leader. REAL FUCKING FUNNY CHEREN HAHAHAHA.
I heal my pokemon, and attempt to go to Pinwheel Forest. I grab Rock Smash, an Ether, and a Super Potion. And surprise surprise. Pinwheel Forest is blocked, but I promise I'll get a pokemon before the end of this chapter!
I now go to the museum to go face that pedophile N, and he's still really easy. So easy I feel like Rodger is OP but lolno. I go heal then I go to the Gym to do some smashing.
I get the tour and whatnot. Then I have a delicious nacho break. Then I get a Fresh Water. The Guide tells me to use Fighting pokemon against Lenora. HAHAHAHA. I read some books and smash some nerds, and now...
MAJOR BATTLE 2!!
Lenora
Herdier lvl 18
Watchog lvl 20
Rodger uses Growth while Herdier uses Leer, the I get a crit with Leaf Tornado an it dead. She sends out Watchog and I use Leech See. Watchog puts me to sleep, so thank god I had Leech See up. I proceed to use a Chesto Berry while Watchog uses Retaliate. I hit with Leaf Tornado while it puts me to sleep again. I use a Potion on Rodger while he gets hit by a NOTHING BECAUSE RETALIATE MISSED lol. Leech Seed wins the game on this fine day and Rodger is level 22!
I now get the Basic Badge, which allows me to do something something. And Team Plasma threatens to steal some bones. Lol great thievery guys. They scream Koooooooooobraaaaaaaaaa and run away. Burgh the a-MAZ-ing Bug type leader, Cheren and Bianca appear to help, i get the Dowsing Machine, and I'm off to Pinwheel Forest finally.
I totally slide past some twins, then I battle a Plasma guy. lol.
And then I find it. The patch of grass that holds MY FIRST POKEMON! It was..
Pidove..NEXT It was..
FUCK SEWADDLE.
Slasher the Sewaddle Female
Careful
Tackle
String Shot
Bug Bite

I think I'm gonna end the Chapter there.
Team:
Servine:Timid
Sewaddle: Careful

Team:

Rodger lvl16 Male
Timid
-Leaf Tornado
-Growth
-Leech Seed
-Cut
Opinion: He did great in the last two gyms, hope I don't lose him anytime soon. Cut still sucks.

Slasher lvl 14 Female
Careful
-Tackle
-String Shot
-Bug Bite
Opinion:I haven't battled with Slasher yet, but it doesn't look promising.

Box 1:
Still none

Box 7:
What, no small animals were murdered and put here?

Doing a Yellow Nuzlocke (for personal amusement, not YouTube), and was wondering:

This is my first nuzlocke, so forgive the n00bish question. If you accidentally kill the first Pokemon that you run into on a route, are you unable to catch any more for that route, or can you get the next one you see?

First Update!
I already knew the early game was going to be boring, as the next pokemon I would catch will be in Pinwheel Forest, then in Desert Resort. I picked naturally picked Snivy, stomped Cheren and Bianca, nicknamed Snivy Rodger, took my first steps, and left into the vast world that had way too many Fire, Steel, Dragon, Rock, Flying, Poison, and other Bug pokemon.
I encounter a Lilipup, but that doesn't matter.
N is still the creep he was before, but I still stomp the Purrloin and Rodger gets to level 8.
I somehow manage to catch nothing in Route 2, but Rodger gains a couple levels and I move to Striaton. But wait! Bianca wants to battle. I totally got destroyed in this battle lol no. Nothing particularly interesting happened in the Dreamyard, couldn't accept Panpour of course. Rodger is level 12, nothing special.
Now I get to battle Cheren, and level 8 pokes are not hard to counter, even with a type disadvantage. Rodger grows to 13 and learns growth, and I'm off to the gym.
Cheren reminds me to buy more potions, because Pansear will not be fun...
I destroy the minimum wage waiters and
MAJOR BATTLE 1:
Chili
Lillipup lvl 12
Pansear lvl 14
I knew this was going to be tough, but I also knew I couldn't lose this early in the nuzlocke. Before the battle, I gave Rodger an Oran Berry beforehand, just so I could get enough Growth boosts before Pansear. I got three before I get smashed by a Bite. I faint Lillipup, and he sends out Pansear. I spam Tackle and Tackle until I was hit by a crit on Incinerate. I was left with 1 hp, and I land the final blow. w00t. Trio Badge.
I get the C-Gear and HM 1, the Plama members posed somewhat of a problem with Bide,but I beat them anyway, and get Rodger to level 16 and learns Leaf Tornado. I also had to teach Rodger Cut=( Cut is going to SUCK.

Chapter 1 of Bugrasslocke is over!
Team:

Rodger lvl16
Timid
-Leaf Tornado
-Growth
-Vine Whip
-Cut
Opinion: I used this on my first playthrough, and he was OK then, sooooo I like the smug little douche. He's close to evolving, which will make him a powerhouse for a while. I can't wait to get rid of Cut and Vine Whip. I will eat a pen and pay 4 Red Shards to get rid of it.

Box 1:
There's not going to any for a loooooooooooooong time.

Box 7:
Can't afford any right now.

for most nuzlockers as long you didn't get one from that area already then its fine
EDIT: Whoop Whoop Update!
As I move toward Wellsping cave I decide to to a bit of training at the daycare center. I make it through without taking a single point of damage (off topic, but how did a 4-5yo get a pokemon??) but Rodger gains a level.
AND OMFG RODGER EVOLVES. HOW AMAZING.
And theres a slight problem... the twins won't let me pass them... I need to bend the rules a little for this battle...
I go back to the Dreamyard and grab the pokemon Patrat TEMPORARILY.
Nickname: Fagbag
I murder Fagbag and take on the twins with Rodger and breeze through the battle. I then proceed to cover up any evidence that I murdered a small pokemon.
I move on to Cheren who is fairly easy, I cut the shit out of Tepig, and OHKO Purrloin with Leaf Tornado. Oh no, Team Plasma, how terrifying. They stole a preschoolers pokemon and now I'm expected to get it back, but lol Cheren thinks he can get it.
Encounter with Pidove. DGAF.
Encounter with Adleaide. DGAF.
Encounter with Woobat. DGAF.
Encounter with Team Plasma. 2HKO. DGAF.
Encounter with another Team Plasma with Cheren. Not even gonna bother.
Then goes a heated debate on whether nuzlockes are certain death for all pokemon (which they are). I get some Heal Balls, then I go back to the Center in Striaton.
I battle with some trainers on Route 3, learn what doubles grass is, and I move to Nacrene City.
BUT WAIT! Pidove encounter.
I'm now going to take the liberty of showing you all the things I can get for my first pokemon!
35% Petlil(good) 35% Sewaddle (bad) 15% Venipede(good) Trade Petlil for Cottonee(terrible)Shaking spots 10% Pansage(ok) 5% Lilligant (ok)
Excitement boils in my blood.
I meet with Cheren, and he gives me Chesto Berries... Super Potions would be nice. He also gives me the really helpful advice of using fighting types on the normal gym leader. REAL FUCKING FUNNY CHEREN HAHAHAHA.
I heal my pokemon, and attempt to go to Pinwheel Forest. I grab Rock Smash, an Ether, and a Super Potion. And surprise surprise. Pinwheel Forest is blocked, but I promise I'll get a pokemon before the end of this chapter!
I now go to the museum to go face that pedophile N, and he's still really easy. So easy I feel like Rodger is OP but lolno. I go heal then I go to the Gym to do some smashing.
I get the tour and whatnot. Then I have a delicious nacho break. Then I get a Fresh Water. The Guide tells me to use Fighting pokemon against Lenora. HAHAHAHA. I read some books and smash some nerds, and now...
MAJOR BATTLE 2!!
Lenora
Herdier lvl 18
Watchog lvl 20
Rodger uses Growth while Herdier uses Leer, the I get a crit with Leaf Tornado an it dead. She sends out Watchog and I use Leech See. Watchog puts me to sleep, so thank god I had Leech See up. I proceed to use a Chesto Berry while Watchog uses Retaliate. I hit with Leaf Tornado while it puts me to sleep again. I use a Potion on Rodger while he gets hit by a NOTHING BECAUSE RETALIATE MISSED lol. Leech Seed wins the game on this fine day and Rodger is level 22!
I now get the Basic Badge, which allows me to do something something. And Team Plasma threatens to steal some bones. Lol great thievery guys. They scream Koooooooooobraaaaaaaaaa and run away. Burgh the a-MAZ-ing Bug type leader, Cheren and Bianca appear to help, i get the Dowsing Machine, and I'm off to Pinwheel Forest finally.
I totally slide past some twins, then I battle a Plasma guy. lol.
And then I find it. The patch of grass that holds MY FIRST POKEMON! It was..
Pidove..NEXT It was..
FUCK SEWADDLE.
Slasher the Sewaddle Female
Careful
Tackle
String Shot
Bug Bite

I think I'm gonna end the Chapter there.

Chapter Two of Bugrasslocke is over!

I've actually had fun with my Yellow Nuzlocke, so much so that guess I'll keep a little mini-log here. Posting nicknames and thing of note (not much):

Team:
'Weakachu' (Pikachu, lv. 22)/'Neato King' (Nidorino, lv. 24)/'Penusaur' (Ivysaur, lv. 21)/'Lighter' (Charmeleon, lv. 21)/'Wormy' (Caterpie, lv. 3)

Interesting happenings:
- Caught a lv. 11 Spearow after Brock, named him 'Birdman'. He was killed by a crit while training :(
- Caught a new lv. 9 Spearow after Mt. Moon, nicknamed him 'Birdman II'. He also died while training, after taking up like all my potions. These damn things are too frail.
- Misty: ooh boy she was actually kind of hard. Led off with lv. 20 Pikachu, and 2HKOd her Staryu with Thundershock. It wasted its first turn using an X Defend, so I got to face down Starmie at full health. If I could at least get in one Thunder Wave, there would no longer be a threat of critical hits. I remember clicking the move, saying, "oh god oh god use harden or tackle"
-->"Enemy STARMIE used Bubblebeam!"<--
Now I'm thinking "oh shit oh shit don't crit don't crit!" I survive (barely) and get off a Twave, then swap out to lv. 18 Ivysaur to finish the job. Pikachu has now officially become a useless piece of crap, can't wait to trade up to Jolteon.

Other Mons I have:
- 'Crap' the lv. 3 Pidgey
- 'Bastard' the lv. 4 Rattata
- 'Useless' the lv. 5 Jigglypuff
- 'Bat Man' the lv. 9 Zubat

I now have 2 badges, and am about to go aboard the S. S. Anne. My projected final team is Venusaur/Charizard/A good water type (hopefully Starmie, I won't spend a crap load of time raising a Squirtle)/Jolteon/Snorlax/Nidoking OR Hitmonlee OR Dugtrio or whatever filler catches my eye.

What I want to know is: should I evolve Nidorino, or ditch it for a Diglett/Dugtrio? Also, should I just give the Dig TM to Charmeleon, or is there something better that can use it?

My Super Duper bugrasslocke continues!

So I caught Slasher, and now I'm gonna grind outside Pinwheel Forest, and thank Arceus nobody died to a stray crit.
EXCEPT SLASHER:(
Slasher has died because of a crit on a wild Throh...
Just peachy. Nothing but Rodger again.
Oh well, it seems like the next pokemon I'll have will be in Desert Resort. Hoping for Dwebble, but I'll be fine with Maractus. So back to the Plasma chase. Rodger survives, and gains a couple levels. I get the Dragon Skull, and grind Rodger a couple more levels.

I'll continue this tomorrow, as I am very sleepy.

So here is my second installation of my Emerald Nuzlocke Mark II

Route 117, 118, 111, Mauville City - Spent what felt like HOURS grinding my team to near constant level 25, Toadette evolved into Breloom (finally), making her a real tank. Also, I established the "Illegals" box in my PC. Basically, it consists of really rare/shiny Pokemon that I find but cannot use in the Nuzlocke, but dont want to give up for the sake of rarity. Placed a Volbeat and a Seedot into the Illegals Box. Again: THEY WILL NOT BE USED AT ANY POINT IN THE NUZLOCKE
Mauville City - I enter the gym, and after a bitter fight I escape with no casualties (though Jupiter and Sheala nearly died) and the Dynamo badge. MVP of the Battle: Sheala.
Route 111, 112, Fiery Pass, 113, Fallabor Town - Smashed a whole bunch of pathetic trainers, Kearra evolved into Manectric, making her another major powerhouse of my team, captured Noomnooms the Numel (F) on Route 112, captured Freighter the Torkoal (F) in the Fiery Pass (wanted a Machop or a Koffing), Captured Disappoint the Spinda (M) on Route 113, made it through the Ninja-Koffing Minefield of Route 113, arrived in Fallabor Town and rested up.
Route 114 & Meteorite Falls - Swept past some more trainers for useful EXP. Growth, Captured Cloudia the Swablu (F) on Route 114, Captured the very originally named Helios the Solrock (-) in Meteorite Falls, and soon learned about Team Magma's dastardly plot against humanity-- though personally I could go for some more land, I dig solid ground.
Mt. Chimmney - Took the cable car up to the mountain summit, beat the Magma goons, and wrecked Maxie. MVP: Kearra. Had a dark revelation: I have no Pokemon that can reliably take down Maxies team on its own, making me worry for the Maxie-Tabitha battle in the future. Took Meteorite from machine.
Jagged Pass - Captured Chopper the Machop (M), beat trainers
Lavaridge Town - Arrived with a rather underleveled team for the upcoming match, preparing for more hours of grinding along the Jagged Pass

Level: 29
Moves: Double Kick, Ember, Peck, Bulk Up
Opinion: With Bulk Up, Jupiter can now reliably set up and spam Double Kick-- which is an intergral part of my plan to defeat Flannery, who I expect to be a difficult battle. Other than that, Jupiter is exactly what I expected him to be: a real power house.

Sheala the Linoone (F)
Level: 28
Moves: Strength, Rock Smash, Tail Whip, Sand-Attack
Opinion: It's a Linoone, not much can really be said in her praise. She does have a strong STAB in Strength, but already her HM slavery is becoming evident. Right now her stats are just good enough, but after Flannery I'll probably get rid of her and open up a spot on my team. She was the MVP of Wattsons battle for taking out 2 of his Pokes and Tail Whipping Manectric to allow for a cleanup by Toadette.

Margarita the Lombre (F)
Opinion: Margarita is pretty much the same as last time, only 8 levels stronger. She has good bulk, good typing, and a good nature, however she still suffers heavily from extremely weak moves and lack of coverage. Once I get Surf and Ice Beam I expect her to change, but for now she gets the LVP status.

Toadette the Breloom (F)
Moves: Mach Punch, Headbutt, Mega Drain, Leech Seed
Opinion: Toadette is granted arguably the best typing on the team, the highest attacking stat, and the best moves to abuse all those attributes. Right now she is a solid Pokemon, taking down most foes with ease. Leech Seed is still her best move, providing much needed passive damage and recovery. Right now she will see little action due to a horrible typing disadvantage, but I doubt this is the end for her.

Kearra the Manectric (F)
Moves: Quick Attack, Spark, Tackle, Thunderwave
Opinion: Kearra is exactly what I expected: and that is a great Pokemon. With the second highest attack stat on the team, and the second strongest STAB, she leaves a dent in anything that opposes her. Unfortunately she is frail and lacks coverage, but that will change once I aquire Flamethrower. Overall the future looks bright for Kearra.

Chopper the Machop (M)
Nature: Serious
Ability: Guts
Moves: Seismic Toss, Karate Chop, Leer, Focus Energy
Opinion: Not really sure about Chopper, as he is the newest member of the team. I plan for him to replace Sheala, but who knows, as I already have two fighting types. For now he will just be ground to 28 and I'll see where it goes from there. Good luck Chopper.

??? (forgot a nickname) the Oddish (M); Lvl 13

Noomnooms the Numel (F); Lvl 16
Freighter the Torkoal (F); Lvl 15
Disappoint the Spinda (M); Lvl 14

Cloudia the Swablu (F); Lvl 16
Helios the Solrock (-); Lvl 14

None =D

The overall strength and longevity of my team has definitely increased with the evolutions of Kearra and Toadette as well as the aquisition of Chopper and several other back up Pokes (namely Cloudia, Noomnooms, and Helios), meaning in case an accident occurs, I'll have some cusion to fall back on. While there are still some defininte weak links-- namely Margarita's lack of power and Sheala's rapid fall of usefulness --I find myself needing moves and replacements faster than they are coming. Luckily Jupiter, Toadette, and Kearra can pull up that slack. But with Flannery waiting, I dont know if they will be enough. And farther down the road I'll have to devise a plan for taking on Maxia and Tabitha, but that is for another time. On the whole I am quite happy with the position my team is in.

Help?

I'm deciding to do my first Nuzlocke challenge and I need help with the ROM to do it with: Yellow, Crystal, Emerald or FireRed Omega.
If it's Yellow the rules go by:
-Standard Nuzlocke rules (first Pokemon in each route only, fainted Pokemon are released unless I need them for HMs, nicknames)

-Limited healing items used in battle (Maximum 5 HP items, 2 PP items, 5 status items, including Revive)

-No in-game trades

-Duplicates bypass "first encounter" rule

-Gift Pokemon (Lapras, Eevee, Hitmons) do not count

-Legendaries can be caught, but not used (excluding Mewtwo, since it does not matter anyway)

-Mew Glitch (and any other glitch) is illegal

If it's Crystal:

-Standard Nuzlocke rules

-Gift Pokemon do not count

-Duplicates bypass "first encounter rule"

-Legendaries can be caught but not used (Suicune is too cool to pass up lol)

-Limited healing item use

-No in-game trades

-Game is not complete until Red is defeated

If it's Emerald:

-Standard Nuzlocke rules

-Duplicate clause

-No in-game trades

-Legendaries can be caught but not used

-Game is not complete until Steven is defeated

-Battle Frontier is considered wasteland

FireRed Omega:

-Standard Nuzlocke rules

-Duplicate clause

-No in-game trades

-I am excluding the "Game Over" situation in this ROM since this hack modified crits to occur more often and those SUCK!

-Legendaries can be caught but not used

-Game is not complete until every hacked-in Trainer and Pokemon League are defeated

Rule suggestions are appreciated!

Third installation of my Emerald Nuzlocke Mark II is done

Lavaridge Town and the Jagged Pass - Ground Chopper to lvl 26 in the Gym and the Pass when his EXP. Growth began to grow slow, his risk of fainting was growing high, and my patience was thin. I also realized that due to my two bag item limit, I would need a Pecha Berry to defeat Flannery, thus inspiring my trek across Hoenn.
Site Seeing Through Hoenn - First I levelled Chopper to 27 inside the Trick Masters House, and then I searched all available routes for a Pecha Berry. Unfortunately for me, I found none, and only got a White Herb in the process. I then headed to Granite Cave, where I knew a Rare Candy was hidden. I found the candy, gave it to Chopper, and he finally evolved into Machoke. My missions done, I headed back to Lavaridge.
Lavaridge Town - Without the Pecha Berry, I knew I would have to resort to using a status healing item, luckily I possessed two Full Heals. I also purchased 5 Energy Roots for maximum HP restoration. Then, once I healed my team, I headed in to face my fate.

Trainer Severus vs. Gym Leader Flannery

Trainer Severus' Team:

VS.​
Gym Leader Flannery's Team:

Now I shall reveal to you my master plan for taking on this powerful Gym. Clearly I lack a Water, Ground, or Rock type move, as well as any notable resist to Fire and Ground. So, my plan was this-- abuse Jupiter's decent bulk, set up Bulk Ups, and spam Double Kick. This strategy had actually worked exceptionally well for me in my previous run, so I figured it would again here.​

VS.
Alright, so immediately I am going "Fuck," because I thought that Flannery used Slugma first, not Numel, which was why I was so insistant on getting a Pecha Berry, because Slugma always poisons me with Smog. But this put me a far more precarious of a situation, I knew Numel was packing Magnitude, but I also knew I outsped and out powered by 6 levels (my 30 to her 24), so I took the gamble and used a Bulk Up.​

Jupiter used Bulk Up, Numel used Take Down, Numel was hit with recoil.

VS.
That could have gone worse, thankfully it didn't. I lost about 10 HP, and had a +1 Def and Atk boost, sounded pretty good to me. Might as well go for another.

Jupiter used Bulk Up, Numel used Magnitude-- Magnitude 7!!!

VS.
Here I closed my eyes, because I feared a crit and the loss of my star player. But surprisingly, the Magnitude only did about 10 damage as well. Even more confident now, I went for another Bulk Up, as +3 is better than +2.​

Jupiter used Bulk Up, Numel used Sunny Day. The sunlight is strong.

VS.
I kinda shrugged my shoulders at this moment in the game. While my Fire resist had technically just been removed, I was at +3 Atk and Def, as well as faster than her whole team, meaning I was a freakin monster. Knowing I was in a good position, I went on the offensive.​

Jupiter used Double Kick, Hit 1 time, foe Numel fainted! The sunlight is strong. Gym Leader Flannery sent out Slugma!!

VS.
So as expected, +3 Double Kick coming off a Pokemon who outlevelled by 6 was too much for Numel to handle. And now Slugma joined in to meet the same fate. Well, can't have too much of a good thing, so I happily clicked Double Kick again and watched the carnage unfold.​

Jupiter used Double Kick, Hit 1 Time, the foe Slugma fainted!! Gym Leader Flannery sent out Camerupt. The sunlight is strong

VS.
Another one bites the dust. Camerupt now only had a 4 level disadvantage and a whole lot more power behind it. But still, at this point my only real option was too Double Kick, as none of my other moves would have been effective.​

Jupiter used Double Kick, Hit 2 times, the foe Camerupt fainted!! Gym Leader Flannery sent out Torkoal. The sunlight is strong.

VS.
Here is where I grew worried. My options were limited to exactly 1: Double Kick. Switching out was pointless, as I would lose all momentum, boosting again would also do very little, and my other two attacking moves were extremely weak. Meanwhile, Flannery's Torkoal would not be KO'd by my Double Kick, and could cripple me either through a sun boosted Overheat, a paralysis from Body Slam, or by striking me with Attract. But not having any options I clicked Double Kick and prayed.​

Jupiter used Double Kick, Hit 2 times, foe Torkoal used Attract. Jupiter became infatuated with foe Torkoal. The sunlight faded.

VS.

Here I basically proceeded to swear with every foul word I knew. I mean seriously!! I can understand falling for the hotty that is Flannery, but not for that ugly tortoise!! And worse yet, Flannery could easily take back the match now if attraction roles didnt work in my favor. And all I needed was one more turn of Double Kicks to win!! I resumed my prayers, and clicked Double Kick.​

Jupiter is in love with foe Torkoal, Jupiter used Double Kick, the foe Torkoal fainted!! Trainer Severus defeated Gym Leader Flannery!!!!

And now comes the obligatory whoops, hollers, and random dances of joy, as one of the most difficult battles in the game was won without a single casualty, item, or dipping into the orange health zone. It was a flawless battle, good job Jupiter and better luck next time Flannery, you are still gorgeous either way.​

Lavaridge Town - Leaving the Gym, I met up with May, got my Go-Goggles, healed my team, deposited Sheala, who had outlived her usefulness (as of now), and saved.

Level: 31
Moves: Double Kick, Ember, Peck, Bulk Up
Opinion: Officially the MVP of the team, his performance in Flannery's Gym was nothing short of fantastic. Soloing one of the hardest gyms in the region is something to brag about. Strong, reliable, and packing 2 great moves in Bulk Up and Double Kick, the future should be bright for Jupiter.​

Margarita the Lombre (F)
Opinion: Margarita is exactly the same as last time. She saw absolutely no usage this instalment. While still boasting the same great attributes in bulk, typing, and nature, she is held back again by lack of powerful moves and a reliable STAB. Sorry Margarita, you are the LVP, but that will soon change after we beat Norman.​

Toadette the Breloom (F)
Moves: Mach Punch, Headbutt, Mega Drain, Leech Seed
Opinion: Toadette is granted arguably the best typing on the team, the highest attacking stat, and the best moves to abuse all those attributes. Right now she is a solid Pokemon, taking down most foes with ease. Leech Seed is still her best move, providing much needed passive damage and recovery. Right now she will see little action due to a horrible typing disadvantage, but I doubt this is the end for her. (Yes, this is the exact same post as from last time)​

Kearra the Manectric (F)
Moves: Quick Attack, Spark, Tackle, Thunderwave
Opinion: Kearra is exactly what I expected: and that is a great Pokemon. With the second highest attack stat on the team, and the now strongest STAB, she leaves a dent in anything that opposes her. Unfortunately she is frail and lacks coverage, but that will change once I aquire Flamethrower. Unfortunately her only usage was in EXP. Share grinding Chopper. But still, the future looks bright for Kearra.​

Chopper the Machop (M)
Nature: Serious
Ability: Guts
Moves: Revenge, Karate Chop, Leer, Foresight
Opinion: Evolution should have been a blessing for Chopper, though I am still unsure, as he lacks power and coverage. But soon I'll evolve him, get some better moves, and then things will probably turn around in his favor. Here's to the future Chopper.​

??? (forgot a nickname) the Oddish (M); Lvl 13​

Noomnooms the Numel (F); Lvl 16
Freighter the Torkoal (F); Lvl 15
Disappoint the Spinda (M); Lvl 14​

Cloudia the Swablu (F); Lvl 16
Helios the Solrock (-); Lvl 14​

Sheala the Linoone (F); Lvl 28​

None =D​

As of now, I have to say I think my teams position has never been better. I have 3 heavy hitters in Jupiter, Kearra, and Toadette, one solid back up in Chopper, and a soon-to-be-hero in Margarita. As for the battle with Norman, I think a team of level 33's will suffice, especially since half my team is of the Fight-type. As for the past, I really cant complain. No deaths, a Gym superbly soloed, and a pretty good set of backups in the box, I think I am pretty safe. As for the future, I still fear the Maxie-Tabitha battle, and I am beginning to fear the battle against Liza and Tate, as I have no real way of beating them. I'll have to devise that plan soon, or else this Nuzlocke may turn from hero to zero real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)