Kangaskhanite Tiering Discussion [+Demographics Poll Added to OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't we have Pokebank OU for this kinda thing where all the Pokemon are available on the simulator anyway? Since I don't play much PokeBank OU, how well does Kangaskhan do on said Pokebank OU, if it does as well as it does on non-Pokebank OU, then Pokebank would unlikely make much of a difference.
I only play Pokebank and it give Kang a number of amazing options, even with new Pokemon this thing is more powerful.

I only play Pokebank and it give Kang a number of amazing options, even with new Pokemon this thing is more powerful.
I see. Well then, I'm in favor of removing Kangaskhan, because at that point Mega Khan will gain more muscle then in it's current environment, and if it's broken here and given more muscle, it's just gotta go.

For those who will miss Mega Kanga, remember, you can still play her amongst the masses if you own a 3DS. Nintendo has implemented a wonderful wifi feature called Battle Spot where Smogon rules need not apply. My Roserade loves the fact that he can prance around like a flower girl and spread the gift of sleep powder to 3 mons without second thought.

The Kangaskhanite ban will not be the end of Mega Kanga as a mon. It's only the end if you choose for it to be the end.

For those who will miss Mega Kanga, remember, you can still play her amongst the masses if you own a 3DS. Nintendo has implemented a wonderful wifi feature called Battle Spot where Smogon rules need not apply. My Roserade loves the fact that he can prance around like a flower girl and spread the gift of sleep powder to 3 mons without second thought.

The Kangaskhanite ban will not be the end of Mega Kanga as a mon. It's only the end if you choose for it to be the end.
Lawl, the BS is fun but having every JP guy run Mega Mom is getting tedious.

It is fun to run Mega Blaziken, though, and ruin face with it.

Don't forget you can play with her in the ubers tier and she'll still wreck face. She'll have to take care while doing so, but she can still wreck face.

Why can't you just null Kangaskhan's ability?

If I'm correct, that's what most people dislike about it.
If you mean use Pokemon Showdown to overwrite Parental Bond to something else (idk back to Scrappy maybe) then I can explain why that is not going to happen. Generally speaking Smogon doesnt like to do that kind of thing. Because the same argument could then be said about something like "well why don't we just move regular Arceus down to OU if we give it the Truant ability?" etc. It becomes to easy to try and "fix" everything that you end up with a completely different game.

Don't forget you can play with her in the ubers tier and she'll still wreck face. She'll have to take care while doing so, but she can still wreck face.
lol yeah. only a bit more care. you'll have to use 2 braincells to sweep instead of one.

nah it will be harder there for her but A) who cares cause banlist as we all know and B) she'll still wreck face

4 year lurker, new account. Mega Kanga has made me quit playing Pokebank OU and OU on the sim, as well as making me quit in game Wifi Battling. As someone who loves using gimmicks, NU Pokemon, and alternate strategies such as TR in OU, Mega Kanga has made it impossible to do that. If you don't put at least two Pokemon on your team who are 100% dedicated to Mega Kanga, it sweeps you. And even Pokemon dedicated to checking Mega Kanga, are simply semi-reliable checks and not counters. The two prime examples people like to point to are Rockey Helmet Ferrothorn and Prankster WoW Sableye. Might I remind you that after Pokebank is released, Kanga gains access to Fire Punch for a clean OHKO, and Drain Punch to restore all the health that it has lost from Iron Barbs + Rocky Helmet. And for Sableye, take a look at this.

+2 252+ Atk Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 120 Def Sableye: 204-240 (67.1 - 78.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
This means that Sableye cannot switch in on Mega Kanga reliably, hence almost always, something has to be foddered in order to get the burn onto Mega Kanga. As well, after the WoW Burn, which don't forget has a high chance of missing, it's still a guaranteed chance to 2HKO with Crunch. This means that Sableye has to run Recover in order to be useful against Mega Kanga, it has to run 2 specific moves in order to be ALMOST useful, seeing as Burn can be healed easily from Heal Bell, Aromatherapy, and other such moves. Now do you see what I'm talking about when I say Mega Kanga kills a teams creativity and limits player's ability to have fun in the current meta?

Also: Screenie of me reaching the 1900's as proof I am no noob.
Proof of ladder rating: http://prntscr.com/20dgrk

EDIT: Forgot about EQ, which does not make contact ergo negating Mummy, Iron Barbs, Flame Body, and Rocky Helmet. Also changed Sableye to the correct EV spread.

Last edited:
4 year lurker, new account. Mega Kanga has made me quit playing Pokebank OU and OU on the sim, as well as making me quit in game Wifi Battling. As someone who loves using gimmicks, NU Pokemon, and alternate strategies such as TR in OU, Mega Kanga has made it impossible to do that. If you don't put at least two Pokemon on your team who are 100% dedicated to Mega Kanga, it sweeps you. And even Pokemon dedicated to checking Mega Kanga, are simply semi-reliable checks and not counters. The two prime examples people like to point to are Rockey Helmet Ferrothorn and Prankster WoW Sableye. Might I remind you that after Pokebank is released, Kanga gains access to Fire Punch for a clean OHKO, and Drain Punch to restore all the health that it has lost from Iron Barbs + Rocky Helmet. And for Sableye, take a look at this.

+2 252+ Atk Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sableye: 236-278 (97.9 - 115.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO This means that Sableye cannot switch in on Mega Kanga, hence something has to be foddered in order to get the burn onto Mega Kanga. As well, after the WoW Burn, which don't forget has a high chance of missing, it's still a 95% chance to 2HKO with Crunch. This means that Sableye has to run Recover in order to be useful against Mega Kanga, it has to run 2 specific moves in order to be ALMOST useful, seeing as Burn can be healed easily from Heal Bell, Aromatherapy, and other such moves. Now do you see what I'm talking about when I say Mega Kanga kills a teams creativity and limits player's ability to have fun in the current meta?

Also: Screenie of me reaching the 1900's as proof I am no noob.
Proof of ladder rating: http://prntscr.com/20dgrk

EDIT: Forgot about EQ, which does not make contact ergo negating Mummy, Iron Barbs, Flame Body, and Rocky Helmet.

What Sableye is that? 252HP/2h2Def+ is standard, has been for a while, more so now his purpose is to attempt to stop this. Sableye is 3HKOed, he switches in, Burns Recovers.

Additionally, Sableye just sucks.
but this is true.

Will O wisp
your name seems to be pretty misleading. Will-O works. no get one off without losing a mon or using Sableye. Also Trap Kanga, so it can't switch out of your Will-O.

Whats that you Can't? Awww. i thought after the last 67 pages you may have found a way to get one off, thats why you made the cocky 1 move post. but apparently not.

I made a mistake, but I changed it to the correct Sableye. Apologies.
nope. i realized i typed it wrong, but it was obvious to figure it out. 252 HP, 252 Def +. Sableye is a solely physical wall, and only if it gets a Will-O off. no point splitting EVS. and its 3HKoed.

Will O wisp
Why that won't work:
  • From whom exacly? Every half decent user is either outsped or 2HKO'd(at best)
  • PuP brings attack stat back up to normal, even if you use a ghost type to counter act that Mega Kahn will outseed and KO with crunch
  • Facade now ignores the attack drop
  • "Oh look a WoW user, better switch to the status aborber that I totally have because Im running Mega Kahn and therefore would have been stupid not to"
Did you even read the rest of this thread?
Mega Kahn is just too good. I honestly dont think it wouldnt be so bad if the second hit didnt activate on hit effects. But it does, so it is.

nope. i realized i typed it wrong, but it was obvious to figure it out. 252 HP, 252 Def +. Sableye is a solely physical wall, and only if it gets a Will-O off. no point splitting EVS. and its 3HKoed.
Please look on Smogon. Standard OU set says 252/4/ in HP/Def. I was being generous, and using the UU set which recommends 252/120 in HP/DEF, both with sets with calm natures.

Please look on Smogon. Standard OU set says 252/4/ in HP/Def. I was being generous, and using the UU set which recommends 252/120 in HP/DEF, both with sets with calm natures.
To be fair that was the standard set for UU in Gen 5. Completely different from 6th Gen OU (for a 4-year lurker I would have expected that to be obvious). Adapt to the meta. Anyway; facade ignores bunr's stat drop? Holy shit, That is both amazing and scary. So burning Kanga wouldn't even help if they were running Facade then lol. Also now I need to go try out some sets...

Whimsicott.
+2 252 Atk Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 259-306 (79.9 - 94.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
No Parental Bond. so no.

its 252/252+ now, just because of this thing, thats a fact (And it shoulda been before, its pointless to try tank special hits with eye.)

I know this is sort of a niche idea, but mega gardevoir speed-ties khanga, 4x resists PoP, and can burn with will-o-wisp. Unfortunately, this assumes that gardevoir is already mega-evolved.

In any case, as much as I'd be sad to see it go, I'm all in favor of a kangaskhanite ban.

To be fair that was the standard set for UU in Gen 5. Completely different from 6th Gen OU (for a 4-year lurker I would have expected that to be obvious). Adapt to the meta. Anyway; facade ignores bunr's stat drop? Holy shit, That is both amazing and scary. So burning Kanga wouldn't even help if they were running Facade then lol. Also now I need to go try out some sets...
No need to be snarky. I understand they are completely different metas. However the above user was inferring that 252/252 HP/Def with positive nature is standard, and I was simply showing him the closest thing to an authority on spreads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)