Gen 6 Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire Mega Evo discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily. If you wanted to not mega evolve it for some reason (normal Rayquaza's ability is better at answering primal weathers because it can't be overwritten, for instance), it gives you an alternative.

That said, we still don't know how to Mega Evolve it. Maybe we have to do something special in battle. Do we know what the introductory flavour text is yet?

(I can practically feel myself going through the five stages of grief here.)
Still a stretch lol and it's not like the Mega evolution mechanics prevent items from working. Hackers have made Soul Dew work on Mega Latios so I doubt they would change the mechanics just for one Pokemon.

I guess

only the Rayquaza from Delta Chapter can auto Mega Evolution

it might mean that those Rayquazas from old gen wont be able to do mega evolution

Yeah, I don't think item limitations are probable by any means. But it would be very odd (and obviously broken, even by GF's standards) to just get a mega-evo option on every Rayquaza (to the point where you can just use it as a backup mega if you don't feel like m-evolving your main mega, assuming you would even bother carrying another one) without any sort of opportunity cost. And with Dragon Ascent being a tutor move rather than a level-up one, something's fishy here.

Did the demo data miners try carrying every key item when they tried (and failed) to figure out how to proc Megaquaza?

This is very interesting. Maybe they thought holding items would make up for Delta Stream's lack of a large offensive boost like Desolate Land or Primordial Sea.

holy fuck mega ray...wtf were they thinking...
pls tell me it still counts as a mega and that you can't do some shit like mega ray+mega mence.
pls

Ok

We can start to discuss

scarfed mega ray,banded mega ray,glassed mega ray,LO mega ray,lum Berry mega ray...

LOL

Last edited:
Banded mega ray lololol

Anyway but serious tho, we know it can hold item but we dunno if the item will work while in mega form.

Banded mega ray lololol

Anyway but serious tho, we know it can hold item but we dunno if the item will work while in mega form.
Well Choice scarf would make a great item then in that situation since it'd at least up the turn order, seeing as that wouldn't change. Otherwise, if it is able to MEVO and use an item at the same time I think the comments have been clear regarding that :P.

Looks like ORAS Ubers will be like ORAS OU, except its Mega Ray which is vastly stronger than anything else instead of Mega Mence. Primal Don will be the closest rival in terms of power and it has no opportunity cost, but Ray will still outshine it by being able to kill everything reliably once it sets up. In ORAS OU there are lots of great Megas, but a competitive team should always have M Mence simply because it is far better than all the other Megas and can 6-0 teams with no support. The same will probably be the case in Ubers. Why would I use Mega Blaze, Kang or even Mega Gengar when it means I cannot use something that has no counters and is very difficult to revenge kill (extreme speed at +1 speed will almost certainly be a thing)? The power creep has just skyrocketed to new levels (Mega ray is Deo-attack with actual defenses, great speed and an amazing ability which makes it even harder to kill) and many of the current Uber stables just won't be able to handle it.

I am so pumped for this new Metagame :-)

Can we get some video proof or something I really can't trust a random that posts random irrelevant images that doesn't actually show mega ray.
Most of information r from Chinese players

Showed lots of pics,we can trust it is no need to make a fake information

Are...Can you not post the pics here?
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3420763512

this guy almost finished all story

I will translate some information about mega ray

Q:烈空座到底有没有MEGA石??
A:烈空座没有MEGA石,同时可在MEGA时候使用道具
(我用XY传过来的生命玉给烈空座携带,结果是: MEGA进化>使用技能>生命玉的扣血效果)

Q:is there a Mega Stone for Rayquaza?
A:No , it can use item when mega from.
(I've used the Life Orb from XY on Rayquaza, the result is : Mega Evolution -> used move -> lost 10% HP)

Q:烈空座没有MEGA石,那烈空座是用什麼MEGA的呢?
A:经发现,烈空座能否MEGA的关键是技能"画龙点睛"
没错,只要烈空座带了画龙点睛便可以MEGA了
同时也证实用技能机器把画龙点睛忘记掉,烈空座便无法MEGA了

Q:How can Rayquaza do mega evolution?
A:after testing, the key is the move "Dragon Ascent"
so if u let ur Rayqyaza forgot the move, it can't Mega Evolution anymore.

Q:"画龙点睛"可以重复教学吗?
A:目前地图上目前未发现DETLA章后的希迦娜的所在地,无法断定"画龙点睛"是否可以再次教学

Q:is there a tutor for Dragon Ascent?
A:We haven't found it yet , so can't make sure if u can learn "Dragon Ascent" repeatedly

Last edited:

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Whelp. Fuck ubers then. Rayquaza is so much better than every other mega in terms of ability, power and bulk and versatility. Being able to switch between a specs/mixed lo/band/scarf/sweeper, it's simply too much lol. Literally everything is 2hko'd by it at the best if not outright ohko'd, not to mention that the few things that can threaten it are ohko'd (xerneas, other dragons, and uh no other relevant weaknesses since a non stab ice beam won't even ko it). Also WoW isn't a fucking answer since 180SpA with a LO is lulzy and unlike the other mon with 180 offenses, it isn't cursed with 50/20/20 defenses lmao.

Stall is officially dead. Primal don + mega ray shits all over it.

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
liked how they introduced megas in xy, having several choices with their own kind off viability to grab the mega spot on the team, while also making the game more fun as you could use a lot different megas, pokemon, playstyles etc. oras completly broke this by introducing primal groudon and mega rayquaza which only by themselves (this how i see it now) will simply just make everything more unviable, im afraid it will make ubers extremely centralizing and will make teams extremely similar (boring) like how aegislash made ou teams extremely similar just because off it's existence. fuck this shit seems like gf completly broke the ubers tier..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)