Type Combos You Wish Existed (Hope Exist Later)

Dragon/Fire would be nice. Hitting everything with its STAB moves other than Heatran is quite nice. Plus, I've been wanting one since I was six.

Fire/Electric would also be fun. Double Ground weak sucks, but it can atleast hit some waters with STAB Thunderbolt or something of the like.

Although we have Heatran, I want a defensive Fire/Steel with Intimidate, Solid Rock, or White Smoke (Torkoal Evo!).

Electric/Ice does sound quite fun with STAB bolt beam.

Fighting/Flying also can do some damage; especially after seeing Staraptor.

Fighting/Electric is something I'd also like to see.

To anyone that wants pure flying: what does roost do to it? I'm pretty sure that's the main reason there isn't a pure flying.

Let's see...

Dark/Fighting--Double STAB on a type combo that's only resisted by one or two Pokemon? Yes please.

Fire/Grass or Bug--Bombardier beetles! Yay! And mushrooms that also resemble plush volcanoes...so the typing and design CAN work. >:|

Electric/Dragon--Fire, Electric, and Water...we have a new legendary trio!

Electric/Fighting--What Electivire should have been, to make up for the fact that he looks like a yeti freshly painted and out of a compressor...but that would have made him tiptoe on the edge of broken, mayhap. Anyway, it'd be a cool combo, and works well with kangaroos or rabbits. Yup.

Ghost/Fire--Will-o-the-Wisp. :3

Ghost/Normal--It CAN work! Either as a zombie thing or as a ghost napkin...turned Pokemon...

Ghost/Grass--Like to see that. Perhaps based off of falling leaves or the ghost orchid.

I'd like to see a Ground/Flying Pokemon with Blissey's (mirrored) stats, to create the ultimate physical wall. Intimidate maybe, but probably not.

...guess that's it. Mwoop.

I have always wanted to have a fire/ice typing, with a special ability which turns the pokemon into a pure water type after 3 turns in play, returns back to fire/ice when switched out. It would have the stats of like darkrai or azelf, since it would incorporate like the idea of a volatile mixture, one that has both elements battling against each other, so that means weak ass defenses, but also powerful ass offensive power (preferably special attacks)

I've been thinking about this same thing alot recently and I was going to create this topic myself, until you beat me to it. I was thinking of type combinations for a potential 5th gen.

Grass/Dragon
Fire/Ghost
Water/Bug

Those as starters. A Grass Dragon would make a team of 6 4x Ice weaknesses possible without having to repeat your typings.

Fire/Dragon with Drought.
Ice/Dragon with Snow Warning.
Electric/Dragon with Drizzle.

Those as the legendary trio. It would make weather teams alot more popular.

A Pure Flying type as the beginning bird.
An Electric/Bug and a Ground/Bug as your two early game bug pokemon.
A Psychic/Ghost and a Psychic/Dark would be awesome, despite the horrible weaknesses of Psychic/Ghost.
A Normal/Fighting and a Dark/Fighting could be interesting typings for some new ubers.

I'd like to see a Ground/Flying Pokemon with Blissey's (mirrored) stats, to create the ultimate physical wall. Intimidate maybe, but probably not.
Why? Levitating Poison or Steel/Psychic are far better. If Weezing or Bronzong had decent means of recovery and anything even close to Blissey's HP they'd certainly be considered the ultimate physical wall, with more resistances, no 4x weakness, and only one 2x weakness that is rarely physical. A high HP Skarmory would also be better than your suggestion IMO.

Why? Levitating Poison or Steel/Psychic are far better. If Weezing or Bronzong had decent means of recovery and anything even close to Blissey's HP they'd certainly be considered the ultimate physical wall, with more resistances, no 4x weakness, and only one 2x weakness that is rarely physical. A high HP Skarmory would also be better than your suggestion IMO.
I'm just going by type, and not trait technicalities. Skarm evolution would be wonderful though (and speaking of which we do need more Steel/Flying).

miltank + tauros need a devo.

If i remember correctly, in GSC they said that miltanks were the female counterpart to tauros

Not just types, but I'd like to see more abilities that null or absorb. Everyone is saying levitate, what if there was an ability that absorbed/nulled ice? Put that on the Grass/Dragon and gg.

Psychic/Poison. It'd lose it's bug weakness and gain a ground weakness basically.

Man poison really needs more type combos. It's the most neglected type.

i would love to see defensive tank with bug/steel typing and flash fire trait

~drools~ no weakness, mass resists, if it had good recovery move, it would be far more over used than blissey :P

Why don't we just get rid of Earthquake? Every other post is weak2ground/weak2ground +levitate.

Anyway, I think Fight/Ground would be cool, even though it'd be pretty useless. I just have a crush on Marowak and think it needs another evolution. Maybe Dark/Ground would work a little better.

They should actually make a Rock/Ghost Pokemon with Levitate. Seriously, Immunity to Close Combat and Return, and a Flying and Bug Resist, which would make it THE Staraptor counter. Oh and give it 120 Atk plus Head smash.

More Ghost/--- types would be cool.

A lot of these typings people are coming up with are downright silly. For example, how would a Bug/Steel with Flash Fire look like? Why would a metal insect absorb fire?

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
I'd like to see a Fire/Electric with Water Absorb. I think that would be a cool little dude to have, and it makes sense since water only makes electrical fires worse. Stretching that concept a bit, a Fire/Poison would be good, too.

Ice/Dragon would be cool to see. An Ice Drake Pokemon. Speaking of Dragons, perhaps having a Water/Dragon, Special-based Magikarp alt evo with Gyara's Physical and Special stats switched would work? It would be nice to have three Dragon typed legendaries (perhaps Fire, Ice, and Electric, all with Levitate?).

Electric/Bug evos for Illumise and Volbeat would make me a very happy camper.

A Dark/Psychic would be really, really cool to see.

Sceptile should have been Dragon/Grass. Why?Because it has the lower body of a Dragon, it can learn Dragon Attacks and it's in the Dragon egg group yet Flygon isn't. Yanma/Yanmega should also be Dragons, because they're Dragon flies. Need I say more? Anyways, i'm hoping they add Pokes next gen with these types.

I've been thinking about this same thing alot recently and I was going to create this topic myself, until you beat me to it. I was thinking of type combinations for a potential 5th gen.

Grass/Dragon
Fire/Ghost
Water/Bug
We have water bug, surskit.Anyway I would like a Normal/Ghost and Fire/Grass.A Poison/Dark with levitate would be intresting too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)