Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know why banette was faster and why wow didn't affect my weavile :mad:
My weavile had the item life orb and banette was just mega evolved in this turn, so prankster shouldn't be considered

Unfortunately I forgot to save the replay because it's 4AM here, but I was just playing a S&M Random Battle and had my Spiritomb be hit by Focus Blast repeatedly.

Don't know why banette was faster and why wow didn't affect my weavile :mad:
My weavile had the item life orb and banette was just mega evolved in this turn, so prankster shouldn't be considered
Mega evolution no longer has a lag; bannete has prankster on the turn it mega evolves.
Unfortunately I forgot to save the replay because it's 4AM here, but I was just playing a S&M Random Battle and had my Spiritomb be hit by Focus Blast repeatedly.
Could they have been scrappy, or using foresight?

I have been working with galvanize alolan golem and i tried using normalium z and electrium z on explosion and frustration and neither of them would work (the z-move button did not appear) so is that a glitch or is there some fatal flaw im missing because as we know they are both normal moves but galvanize changes them to electric moves on the showdown move options. Last night only normalium z would work on them and this morning now neither work. So again to reiterate, is this a glitch, a coding error, or is it just not going to work at all?

I don't know where to post this, but since it involves showdown's damage calculator I guess here is ok? (Please someone direct me to the correct place if this is wrong.)

There seems to be a disagreement with Fur Coat and the damage taken with the showdown calculator and the jake-white VGC one. Both calcs below are exactly the same EVs, nature, etc, and I set them all to the same level (100) for the sake of the comparison. As you can see one shows a 91.8% chance to 2HKO while the other shows 89.1%.

https://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/
252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Fur Coat Persian-Alola: 161-191 (48.2 - 57.1%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO
(161, 164, 165, 168, 169, 172, 173, 175, 177, 179, 181, 183, 185, 187, 188, 191)

http://jake-white.github.io/VGC-Damage-Calculator/
252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Fur Coat Persian-Alola: 161-190 (48.2 - 56.8%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO
(161, 162, 164, 166, 168, 170, 172, 174, 176, 178, 180, 182, 184, 186, 188, 190)

If you remove Fur Coat as the ability on both, then they both become the same % and damage rolls, so it seems the issue is with Fur Coat.

So my main reason for posting here is to find out if this is an error with the showdown calc or the jake-white one? (I don't know which to believe!)

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-493291570

I'm running normalium Z on this Galvanize Golem-A. And yet Breakneak Blitz is still acting as if it's a normal type move. Is that meant to happen? Even though i'm running Galvanize?

Set i'm running:

Golem-Alola @ Normalium Z
Ability: Galvanize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Bulldoze
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Any ideas?

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-493291570

I'm running normalium Z on this Galvanize Golem-A. And yet Breakneak Blitz is still acting as if it's a normal type move. Is that meant to happen? Even though i'm running Galvanize?

Set i'm running:

Golem-Alola @ Normalium Z
Ability: Galvanize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Bulldoze
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Any ideas?
Abilities that change the type of moves don't effect Z-Moves, although I believe the client still says they do, which would be a bug.

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST
Abilities that change the type of moves don't effect Z-Moves, although I believe the client still says they do, which would be a bug.
Damn... I had fun with Electric-type Breakneck Blitz lol, put Toxapex in a 50/50 which was beautiful.
Hey, there's Double-Edge I guess :0

*ahem* anyway:

I don't know where to post this, but since it involves showdown's damage calculator I guess here is ok? (Please someone direct me to the correct place if this is wrong.)

There seems to be a disagreement with Fur Coat and the damage taken with the showdown calculator and the jake-white VGC one. Both calcs below are exactly the same EVs, nature, etc, and I set them all to the same level (100) for the sake of the comparison. As you can see one shows a 91.8% chance to 2HKO while the other shows 89.1%.

https://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/
252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Fur Coat Persian-Alola: 161-191 (48.2 - 57.1%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO
(161, 164, 165, 168, 169, 172, 173, 175, 177, 179, 181, 183, 185, 187, 188, 191)

http://jake-white.github.io/VGC-Damage-Calculator/
252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Fur Coat Persian-Alola: 161-190 (48.2 - 56.8%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO
(161, 162, 164, 166, 168, 170, 172, 174, 176, 178, 180, 182, 184, 186, 188, 190)

If you remove Fur Coat as the ability on both, then they both become the same % and damage rolls, so it seems the issue is with Fur Coat.

So my main reason for posting here is to find out if this is an error with the showdown calc or the jake-white one? (I don't know which to believe!)
The Jake White calc is a VGC calc, and defaults to Doubles. You are aware AOE moves do less damage in doubles to multiple targets, no?

Introduction
[00:25] <woodchuck> and if people are mad tell them to be angry at me​
This thread is dedicated to reporting all kind of bugs in Pokemon Showdown.
Note that issues with sprites go in another thread.
Also, if you don't want to report a bug, but rather to ask a question use the SQSA threads about Pokémon or about the simulator.
This is not the place to post if you're having trouble connecting or if you have a feature request. It is ALSO not the place to post about problems with the ladder.

Rules
Before reporting a bug,
  • ...check the lists of Not Bugs and Known Bugs in the post below.
  • ...look up the relevant moves/abilities/items on Veekun and the first post of the Smogon Research thread. Don't look on Serebii, Bulbapedia, or Smogon's own dex, they are too unreliable.
  • ...if your problem involves incorrect damage, include your damage calculation. This is my damage calculator of choice, but there are plenty of others.
  • ...make sure your opponent's pokemon isn't Zorua/Zoroark
  • ...save a replay (the "Share" button, or alternately the "/savereplay" command), generate a screenshot or copy the FULL log of the battle to include in your post
  • ...make sure no one has reported this bug on, say, the last page or two of the thread. No one expects you to go through the whole thread, but it's kind of ridiculous when three posts in a row report the same problem.
  • ...make sure this bug exists on the official server, and with no custom styles enabled.

If you are posting a screenshot, PLEASE put HIDE tags around it. No one likes having their browser stretched by an enormous image.

The Jake White calc is a VGC calc, and defaults to Doubles. You are aware AOE moves do less damage in doubles to multiple targets, no?
Spread moves don't change really minor % damage and slight damage rolls between singles and doubles - they change much more than that. Those are both singles calcs, which I probably should have said in my post. Fur Coat is the problem, not anything else, but I'm not sure which calculator is "correct".

Also while we're discussing the SD calculator, I'll mention that Water Bubble doesn't seem to include the damage boost for Water moves.

So in Mix and Mega, I use Greninja and faint a pokemon to transform Ash-Greninja. But after that when I mega evolve, it reverts to normal Greninja and only applies the blastoisinite stat changes to normal Greninja
That's the way Mix and Mega works. It made slightly more sense before the rule change to allow mega evolutions that exceeded the 1-255 base stat limit. (Using the current forme would be problematic for Ditto.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)