The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
You sure that confidence has nothing to do with the fact that currently the Patriots are second place in the AFC to the team your picking to lose?

That said I pick the Chiefs. Go gettem Andy!

BREAKING NEWS: with Danny amendola out until the playoffs with a high ankle sprain Good Old Boy Bill Belichik has signed a player to fill out roster depth at Wide Reciever.

Griff Whalen! Interesting factoid. Unlike the vast majority of players at his position he is, yes you guessed it: Vegan!

Cant wait to try and sign Jordy Nelson to a big contract when hes a free agent.

Last edited:
Big game tonight. I'm throwing down the winner will be taking the division. The odds are for Chiefs to win, but I'll expect the Raiders to keep it competitive, lively in the second half. Their biggest shot is if they can prevent any major turnovers.

Tyreke Hill is the fastest player in the NFL.

And Jimmy Graham used to play shooty-hoops and Fitztragic went to Harvard.

were people really actually considering Carr an MVP candidate before last night??? that award is a total joke but that is crazy pushing it. Marcus Mariota has had just as good or better of a season but the Titans are a .500 team so no one would consider him (not that he should win either)

KC wins series and I don't see either team losing two of the next three, so Oakland's gotta play wild card. No way Denver will catch up. They'll be mad come tournament time though.

The only ones who could threaten Denver's hold on wild card this point is the North, but that's really a stretch for Baltimore. They have New England and Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh's toughest game will be the next one against Buffalo (as long as they keep the pass yards contained, they'll win), so they'll take division. It'll just be a West playoff this year.

On the other side, unless they completely flatline after Dallas, New York's in. I'm predicting Tampa Bay to actually get in the playoffs this time after failing last year. They'll take the second card, as Atlanta's last four games are nowhere near as ugly.

TheValkyries

How can you have any confidence in that with Earl Thomas gone and with Seattles sporadic and inconsistent offense let alone the fact that I'm not sure it's even clear that the Steelers will make the playoffs?

It's weird because you'd think this is the year a wild card or lower seed/10-6 team goes to the SB because the best teams aren't actually that great. But if you look back at the year the underdog teams won, they had to beat some extremely dominant teams to get there. So we'll just have to wait for the season to play out to see what teams start fixing the side of the ball they've been struggling with all season. 4 games is a lot, also.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh
How can you have any confidence in that with Earl Thomas gone and with Seattles sporadic and inconsistent offense let alone the fact that I'm not sure it's even clear that the Steelers will make the playoffs?
I actually forgot about earl Thomas. I would pick the Cowboys but I feel like they can only keep this up for so long. I'd favor more experienced playoff team but at this point it doesn't look like there even are that many in the nfc. the Packers and seahawks are the most experienced but have major issues at the moment. the only other team I could see possibly upsetting Dallas is Atlanta, but that's a long shot. it's a tough call honestly, I just have a feeling about Dallas. they are far and away the best team though. as for Pittsburgh, they'll win the division so they'll make the playoffs. even if they manage to screw the pooch against buffalo, they'll win the last three games and finish at 10-6, which will be better than Baltimore at 9-7. once they're in, they won't have bad teams to play down to so they should at least make the afcc, and this is the one time I could see them sneaking past the Patriots on account of Gronk being out. none of the other afc playoff teams worry me much, unless they catch the Raiders on a perfect day.

TheValkyries

The thing I'm rooting for the most is for Dak Prescott to collapse under the first sign of a pass rush (Which is something he shares in common with Derek Carr). But more than that I'm hoping it happens far too late for them to go back to Romo and be like "can you please save us".

Frankly with Romo in, that team is probably a lock for the Super Bowl which is hilarious, but since they're drinking their own kool-aid on Prescott, I want them to get burned for flying too close to this particular Sun.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The thing I'm rooting for the most is for Dak Prescott to collapse under the first sign of a pass rush (Which is something he shares in common with Derek Carr). But more than that I'm hoping it happens far too late for them to go back to Romo and be like "can you please save us".

Frankly with Romo in, that team is probably a lock for the Super Bowl which is hilarious, but since they're drinking their own kool-aid on Prescott, I want them to get burned for flying too close to this particular Sun.
It's looking fairly similar to big Bens wookiee season, where he won like 13 straight games and was undefeated right up until the afcc where the pats beat them. dak has been good, great even, but he hasn't had to face too much pressure. I suspect they can even win a couple playoff games, but the pressure will grow each game until it finally breaks through his rookie bubble. I'm pulling for them though honestly, it's a good storyline and I'd love to see romo get a ring

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
All that matters for the good of everybody is that Dallas doesn't win. Hopefully they lose right away in the playoffs.

love you too guys >_>

TheValkyries

I want Romo to get his own damn ring not on the coat tails of a lesser QB than him getting all the credit and praise.

To be clear though Dak is fucking good. Like really fucking good. But he's not as good as Romo. We learned about this in English class in the MacBeth unit. We call it the Tragic Flaw. From this vantage point all the dramatic ironies become stark and rich. The completion of the Tragedy of the Cowboys is so much more fun than them bungling through without getting caught and being rewarded.

Although if they went balls out and said "Romo's back in let's fucking go." And they win the Super Bowl? Sign me the fuck up right fucking now. That is the NFL I want to watch. Bold decision making being rewarded is so much more fun than cowardly decision making being punished. But both are infinitely more fun than cowardly decision making being unpunished.

What Tom Brady does against the Ravens+Broncos will probably decide the MVP race

If he plays well i think he wins it

If not I think it goes to Zeke

We are roughly 15 minutes into deflategate 2

by this time in deflategate 1 every beat writer in america knew the patriots were guilty and put an asterisk next to Tom Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)