US Regional Qualifier -Atlanta, GA-June 5th, 2010 - DOMINATED BY THE ARNOLD FAMILY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back home about an hour ago. I lost round 3 to a hacker who won the fourth round and got dqed when he tried to enter the finalists lounge. Really wish I had called for a hack check, I don't know why I didn't except that I just wasn't paying attention (2 1/2 hours of sleep ftl). Lesson here is, always call for a hack check while you still have the chance, no matter what.

It was fun meeting and hanging out with everyone (if it weren't for that this would've been a complete waste of a trip), and congratulations to the Arnold family for dominating Atlanta.

Just got back home about an hour ago. I lost round 3 to a hacker who won the fourth round and got dqed when he tried to enter the finalists lounge. Really wish I had called for a hack check, I don't know why I didn't except that I just wasn't paying attention (2 1/2 hours of sleep ftl). Lesson here is, always call for a hack check while you still have the chance, no matter what.

It was fun meeting and hanging out with everyone (if it weren't for that this would've been a complete waste of a trip), and congratulations to the Arnold family for dominating Atlanta.
Damn. Bad hacks are getting by way to much this year. My TCG friend lost to a hacker in San Mateo. Ferrouswheel and TeeJay both lost to a hacker last week too. I wish TPCi would do something more about this.

Well six, I will be cheering for you the loudest at the LCQ (even louder than for Tyler).

Dam Sixonesix you had a very promising team. Hopefully hack checks are done when you enter the tournament next year. The number of DQs are rediculous this year

That sucks. Trust me, I know how it feels to loose like that. I was in the fourth round and had to watch the hacker walk to the hack check and walk away dq'd as I was getting my arm band cut and a black x on my hand knowing that I should have made it after all. It really sucks to work so hard then get it ended like that. Im sorry that it happened. Hope you do well at LCQ.

That sucks. Trust me, I know how it feels to loose like that. I was in the fourth round and had to watch the hacker walk to the hack check and walk away dq'd as I was getting my arm band cut and a black x on my hand knowing that I should have made it after all. It really sucks to work so hard then get it ended like that. Im sorry that it happened. Hope you do well at LCQ.
Junior Division = No DQ's!

Sadly, I couldn't go to this year's tourney. :x Have exams to deal with this week 'n all. All I can say is, well... I hope you guys had fun over in Georgia, and I too I'm looking forward to watching any Battle Vids and reading some warstories of your time over there. XD (Still quite the surprise that a family claimed Georgia...)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So, no smogoners won this one?
Yeah, but who cares? Another Smogoner winning the stop wouldn't be nearly as cool as the whole Arnold family winning.

As I understand it, there's an even more heartwarming story behind the Arnold family's victories, starting with the JAA, but that's a story HagridTwin should tell if he so chooses.

Congrats again, Arnold family!

WOOOOOO TOP 16 SCREW THE HATER you know who you are. OH and FYI everybody if you want to know how to beat Len the trick is that his teams are unusually blizzard weak yeeeeah. Great to meet all of you smogon and skarmbliss peeps.
One victory away from top 16 and I get kicked out by you! CURSES!

*sigh*

Anyways, it was a good match. I made mistakes, but I learned from them. It was a lot of fun for the Florida State Pokemon League's first VGC tourny, and we hope to see you all again next year! FSPL REPRESENT!

Hello everyone. New to Smogon, just got home from the Atlanta regionals. Had a blast!! got through the preliminary round but lost my final battle... Congrats to the winners.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
very true tichu. You had a great team, fought well and deserved to make it farther. Oh and about all the hackers, i talked to mike about it and told him i understood the logistical difficulty of hack checking seven hundred carts. He said the main problem was that they currently only have two moded hack checking ds's but that he realized there was a problem and would be looking into it. I for one trust him. The biggest problem from last year was hundreds of people being turned away, the players let him know and he took care of it. When you guys go to newark or indi feel free to tell him that it's an important problem for you too.

My war story will be delayed because Im making videos of battles -_-' either way. I had fun even though I got knocked out in R4. I probably won't be making it to the LCQ because Im in a period of transition and unless I get some extra cash, I don't see it happening.

Hey Arnold(s)!

Congratulations to David, Gracie, and Glenn, what a neat accomplishment! It was great to see the lot of you in Seattle, and Cade and I will be rooting for you from afar to make it through to Worlds… and bring home some hardware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)