Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Where is everyone getting the wondercards for the Celebi event!? I want in on the action.

EDIT: At Omega, Machamp would make a good partner. Benifits from Togekiss thunderwaving the opposition and can switch in on Stone Edges and such.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How long will it be before the event moves for Raikou (aura sphere, weather ball) are up on shoddy? I have been dyin for a calm mind Raikou with aura sphere and ice weather ball.
After the event has actually occured, along with Shoddy 2 being released. Currently Shoddy 1 has no way of enforcing nature/EV restrictions iirc, so it wouldnt be possible to have the event Raikou until SB2.

I'm back, people.

On a more related note, probably when Shoddy 2 is released.

Question! Why is it legal to use the Pomeg glitch yet it's still illegal to use the Ditto/Berserk Gene/Rage glitch?
we cant control what the mechanics are, but we can control what we bring in to battle (Ie no ubers). Therefore there was a debate over one, but sheercold machamp is just broken, so things like that were just denied

Well, it depends on wether you want something like choice band or life orb, I'll give my personal opinion, since entie doesn't have many options I would assume it would be along the lines of the following: (Too bad he doesn't get Earthquake) (It should be noted that it will not be programmed into Shoody 1, since they can't resrict the nature, so unless you'r using it on wifi, you'll have to wait).

Entie @ Choice Band/Life Orb
Adamant, 252 att/[enough evs to outpace base 80s with adamant]spe/[remaining evs] HP

Extreemspeed
Howl/Iron Head
Flare Blitz
Stone Edge
Thank you =). So 185 speed?

I am not to good with precise EV calculating. How many EVs would that require? (the entei has 31 spd IVs)

A neutral-natured Base 80 with max Speed hits 259. With a Speed-positive nature, said Pokémon hits 284.

Adamant Entei with no Speed hits 236, so it needs 24 Speed points (4 EVs to a stat point, so 24 * 4 = 96 EVs) to hit 260, one above 259. To hit 285, it needs 49 Speed, which is 196 EVs.

This assumes 31 IVs in all points.

ETA: In Shoddy Battle, which I assure you is accurate about this:

Speed - 285 Stat - 100 Base - 31 IVs - 196 EVs

A neutral-natured Base 80 with max Speed hits 259. With a Speed-positive nature, said Pokémon hits 284.

Adamant Entei with no Speed hits 236, so it needs 24 Speed points (4 EVs to a stat point, so 24 * 4 = 96 EVs) to hit 260, one above 259. To hit 285, it needs 49 Speed, which is 196 EVs.

This assumes 31 IVs in all points.

ETA: In Shoddy Battle, which I assure you is accurate about this:

Speed - 285 Stat - 100 Base - 31 IVs - 196 EVs
I went back and double checked the calculator. Turns out it thought my IVs were 30 not 31 (but the entei is alert to sounds so it is 31).

You were both right. Thank you both for helping. =)

A question of my own: With latias gone, is there any point in gengar running enough speed EVs to tie with other base 110s (are there any other base 110s?)? Or should I just run enough with a timid nature to outpace infernape. How many speed evs does that require?
Bumping my old question.

Bumping my old question.
There are other Base 110's (like Jumpluff and Espeon), but nothing that's common in OU. However, outspeeding Infernape requires such a heavy investment in speed that you might as well just max it out to speed-tie with other Gengar, IMO.

I never quite figured this out...

How does breeding with IV's change when using a 'Power Item' in HGSS? How about when it's on one or both parents?

How does breeding with IV's change when using a 'Power Item' in HGSS? How about when it's on one or both parents?
I believe if you put say the attack boosting one on the male parent, it's attack stat is defiantly passed on. It could be the female though.

If only one parent is holding a Power Item in HGSS, the IV of the stat that the Power Item corresponds to is guaranteed to get passed down (for example, the Power Weight guarantees that the HP IV of the parent holding it gets passed down). If both parents are holding it, it does increase the likeliness that those IVs are passed down (but I don't believe either IV getting passed down is actually guaranteed in that case), but it's a lot more complicated, and I'm not sure how exactly it works. In any case though, if you want to use that method, I'd recommend just giving one parent a Power Item and the other an Everstone, for the best results.

Edit: @Despotar: If only one parent is holding a Power Item, it doesn't matter which parent it is--the IV will get passed down. Same with the Everstone, starting in DPPt--it doesn't actually matter what parent is holding it; either way, the nature of the parent holding it will have a 50% chance of getting passed down.

How exactly do the White Flute and Black Flute affect Pokemon encounters? I know the White Flute makes encounters more likely and the Black Flute makes encounters less likely, but I can't find any more detail on this than that.

1. What are "credits"? I've heard them being used on EV Training services, RNGing services, etc.

2. I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but is using Pokesav legal if used responsibly (Like utilizing it to make perfect IV pokemon, correct EVs (Not at 999 EVS but the maximum of 510 EVs overall)?

3. Can someone give me a list of the best EV Training hotspots in HGSS? I need all stats.

1. What are "credits"? I've heard them being used on EV Training services, RNGing services, etc.

2. I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but is using Pokesav legal if used responsibly (Like utilizing it to make perfect IV pokemon, correct EVs (Not at 999 EVS but the maximum of 510 EVs overall)?
1. Credits are the equivelent of currency. You trade something or offer a service for credits which is the money used to sell pokemon in a sense.

2. It is called using legal hacks and you should mention it in your signature. Do not trade these though as doing so WILL get you blacklisted.

I battled the trainers in the Viridian City Trainer House today, and then returned from a stroll on my Pokéwalker. Since I set out on that stroll, I interacted with new trainers on the Pokéwalker, but the trainers in the house are all the same. Do the changes not take effect until the next day since I've already battled the trainers in the house, or do I need to actually set out on a stroll in order for it to take effect?

In Platinum/HG/SS Battle Tower doubles, does the CPU actually use teams that are catered to double battles (at least once you get a high win streak), or do they just use a random assortment of Pokémon that you'd see in the singles mode?

I recently changed my wifi (apple airport extreme) configuration to allow my brothers xbox to be able to access xboxlive. I switched the security password to a WPA Personal from a WEP Key. Today when I heard about the Jirachi event I tried to connect but failed. I didn't play around with it for too long but when I tried to change the settings on my DS, I only had a WEP Key option. Is there a way to fix this on my DS or would I have to change the configuration back to my previous setup?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)