Orugos's art thread- pretty hiatus-y for now sorry!

horndrill: the way I learned to use PS was by watching LOTS AND LOTS of artists' tutorials. It's not good to follow exactly how one person does things but watching a tut can help you start if you have no idea where to, and once you get into it you can take and learn a little from everyone. I've been using PS for like 8 years and I must have watched/looked at hundreds and hundreds of PS painting tutorials in that time, and just last year I learned about layer masks from watching someone else paint and it's the best thing ever.

But yeah I do it this way rather than crack a book open b/c it makes PS tools and techniques relatable. Plus it's fun to watch people paint. :>

:p good luck! It seems like a long tedious process but its a lot easier to digest this way, in my opinion.

Not a request and quite tiny; I was making sticker sheets today and I have a neurotic problem with leaving space wasted on them, so I made a tiny drifloon to fill the gaps.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I really love your work; the Drifloon is so cute, and all your work looks as awesome as ever!

PS the angel kid looks nothing like justin bieber lol

Horndrill: well, I don't really know what artistic direction you're looking to go in, but here's a pretty basic one.

http://shilin.deviantart.com/art/Process-of-Doom-20326545?q=gallery%3Ashilin%2F104219&qo=0

Here's one that is a particular favorite of mine; it seems pretty simple but actually uses a few PS concepts that are kind of in depth, in that it's not really a way that people who aren't familiar with PS would try to paint. I'm only giving it to you because it shows the infinite possibilities of how one person can work differently from another.

http://jdillon82.deviantart.com/art/Mini-Painting-Tutorial-58099272?q=gallery:jdillon82/122920&qo=53

One-Vox has a series of youtube tutorials, and while I've only watched about half of them, they're amazingly good and pretty comprehensive.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bugmeyer#g/u

Umm

these are just a couple of my favorites, there are sooooo many more. Because I don't know your tastes or how you want to develop, you should look for artists you like, and see if they have any tutorials. I find that a lot of established artists (who maintain an internet gallery and/or interact with a large internet art community) do one or two, and many less established artists do too. I've even made a small instructional on how I make use of PS's basic circle brush, which you can find here:

http://suguro.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d1rf08m

Anyway, hope these help! :>

Love your artwork so far, gonna wait for the list to go down a bit before requesting, but I'm gonna put my request for the heck of it cuz I'm not sure when I will be able to get this request through, anyways, requesting a flygon

Your art is amazing. I like how versatile your style is, most easily exemplified by your starters as well as the difference between Dusknoir and the Slowpoke. Mind if I make an avatar out of that Slowpoke, it's adorable, and my current one is...lacking.

Keep up the good work!

can you make me two pictures
a charizard using flamethrower toward the right
and a torterra using leaf storm toward the left

thanx

flooooooooooooooooon fuck yeah. great art here, I especially love the step-by-step dusknoir. I won't post a request since you're backed up pretty far already, but keep it up because I like clicking on this thread!

Adding my 5 stars to your pile.. getting quite a stack there hehe.

I really enjoyed seeing your process with the dusknoir.

Thank you for linking to the tuts. It's always good to see how other people do things.

Great art in here!

I know you've got a pile of requests so feel free to completely disregard this.. but if you're in the mood sometime would you pls draw a snotty chatot for me? *grins* Tis my fave pokemon ^_^

So glad you joined and are an active member on Smeargle's Studio.

ohhhh my god okay Im back from AFO! sadfsadsdff Im so wiped @____@ I slept for like 11 hours last night fssss

Mentlegen: yes you may! :D thank you!

Horndrill: I don't use anything in PS that isn't in most versions, I started with PS7. You can certainly use elements :>

wow this is one of the best,if not the best art I've ever seen,your style is just amazing.I give you my personal 5 stars ^^
I also requesting Zapdos if you have the time :)

awesome artwork, I love how smooth the lines are, I can't draw that smooth :s

wait, you can paint with elements?
why wouldn't you be able to?

all digital painting really needs is the brush tool, which is in all photoshops. advanced versions will let you do more but they aren't a requirement

Good lord these are amazing!

Can I request an epic avatar sized probopass? He wants revenge for all the shit Nin10doh gave him for it's types (D:)

dragonsyth is right. I haven't played with elements since they first released it, but all I really use is
-the default circle brush with varying brush settings, and I cant imagine they took out any brush settings.

-sometimes, adjustment layers, but they're really not necessary; if you can add any adjustments directly to layers (just a simpler way to do it) that would be an alternate way, and I dont think they can call photoshop photoshop without adjustments :p I keep stuff pretty flat (layers I mean) so adjustments are easy to add.

-On rare select occasions I use some of the blur filter effects (gaussian blur, motion blur), but they're really really not necessary.

thats.... pretty much it

jumpluff: I loved AFO. I did a lot better financially than I expected (though commissions solid god that was exausting @__@) and it was a lot of fun, though Im sad I missed out on all the power rangers stuff ): all the guests are kind of related to each other through work, so there's tonnnnnns of joint panels and fun stuff to see, if you like devil may cry and power rangers and street fighter and.... martial arts. haha. It's really too much fun for such a small convention.

OH MY GOD I was going to wait until I finished this typhlosion BUT I CANT I just discovered ovopack holy shit
well thats not true, I knew about him (very limited..ly) before but I didnt know he drew pokemon regularly HOLY SHIT

Fkjgkajgdkagkjfhgdskjfhgsdf http://almal.blog7.fc2.com/ if you are not gushing the hell out over this art right now there is something wrong with you GOD

AFFFJLSHDF SO GOOD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)