Pokémon Black and White - Ingame Discussion

Any recommendations for other members?
Darumakka, he's in the desert. Hits like a truck, and has decent moves right from the start.

And I'm seriously underleveled against the leader's level 18 and 20 pokes. Was I supposed to do something else first or is the game just hard? Because I haven't been skimping on my leveling.
You're probably underleveled because you've been raising 6 pokemon as opposed to 2 or 3. At least evolve Miji asap, Shell Blade + Evolution at lvl17 is huge.

On another note, the gems that you get occasionally from the dust cloud in caves (the equivalent of rustling grass), what the heck do they do? I've got a fair amount of them at this point, and I'm assuming they're just a +20% damage for X type...just not sure.

I just started playing yesterday. Currently I've just beaten the first gym and am grinding a bit.

Currently my team is Munna, Tsutaaja and Yorterrie's evolved form (who's name escapes me)

Yorterri is just incredible early game. This thing is way more useful than my starter for the most part. It learns Take down at level 13, which is a 1-hit KO on most early game opponents. Not to mention it's a STAB normal type pokemon who evolves early and quickly. It has great attack for an early game pokemon as well.

Munna becomes awesome when it learns psybeam. Having yawn straight away also makes things much easier. I'm not using my monkey for anything other than HM slavery at this point.

Am I missing something or why is Take Down so ridiculously strong? Every time I get hit with one, one of my Pokemon dies/nearly dies from either Haderia or Shikijika.

@HeartGold In Hiun City on the first dock. A man gives you one of three stones. Lowest choice is water.

Uhm, so I just got to the point where the black legendary swooped up the green haired guy and they flew off. Gotta head towards the 8th gym i guess, but I've been running around and do not know where to go. Do I need to go all the way the other way around to get there?

I suspect that I have to do something with the goon squad. In the forest to the east of the 7th gym's city, there is a place where the goons are blocking, but I don't know what to do. I've been looking at a lot of places for information, if anyone is this far, help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Currently at the 6th gym. My team consists of:

Emboar lv 39 (Pokabu's last stage)
-Heat Stamp
-Nitro Charge (or whatever it's called)
-Arm Thrust
-Take Down

Warubiru lv 36 (Ground/Dark crocodile 2nd stage)
-Assurance
-Crunch
-Smooth Over
-Dig

Doryuuzu lv 36 (the mole)
-Earthquake
-Horn Drill
-Rock Slide
-Claw Sharpen

Hitomoshi lv 34 (the ghost candle)
-Wil-O-Wisp
-Memento
-? (fire move it learns at lv 28)
-? (ghost move it learns at lv 20)

My team's horribly Water weak, but apparently all gen V Pokemon I like are Water weak except for the Dragons. That's why I always seem to struggle with the rival that chose the Water type starter. I can't wait to get surf so i can get myself a Kibago, probably the pokemon I've been looking forward to use the most. I've really been enjoying the game so far, i really like the new pokemon and the game music

I Dunno if anyone else has found this but the Day Care Man calls out to you if you pass him and he has an egg for you. It surprised me

Uhm, so I just got to the point where the black legendary swooped up the green haired guy and they flew off. Gotta head towards the 8th gym i guess, but I've been running around and do not know where to go. Do I need to go all the way the other way around to get there?

I suspect that I have to do something with the goon squad. In the forest to the east of the 7th gym's city, there is a place where the goons are blocking, but I don't know what to do. I've been looking at a lot of places for information, if anyone is this far, help would be appreciated. Thanks.
You have to backtrack to the desert first and find Geechisu there, I believe.

I've beaten Team Plasma's boss and have gone through the credits. After that, I've explored the other remaining cities, but I haven't really seen anything I'm supposed to be doing. So, what am I supposed to be doing? =P

Oh crap the second gym is hard I'm in front of the gym leader and my team is

Water starter Lv 14
Puppy Lv 15
Fire monkey Lv 14
Weird rock thingy Lv 15
Pidgey equivalent Lv 14
Electric zebra Lv 14

And I'm seriously underleveled against the leader's level 18 and 20 pokes. Was I supposed to do something else first or is the game just hard? Because I haven't been skimping on my leveling.
I would highly recommend visiting the construction site to the left side of the town you're in. You'll find the Wood-wielding fighting type and, if you're lucky, one of the two stone fighters.

Also, thank you very much Death Phenomeno for posting that map. You don't know how badly I wanted some of those pokemon.

Might as well post how I'm doing in my run. Darumakka is absolutely insane. It wiped everything in Huin city with Fire Fang and then started dominating even more once it learned Fire Punch. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who needs a fire type pokemon. I picked up a Meguroko on the sandstorm route as well and leveled it up with the trainers to the side of the carnival city. Overconfidence is an amazing ability which allowed him to destroy the electric gym with Crunch and Dig. Defiantly keeping him. I also caught a Yuniran while messing around with Meguroko but it hasn't been of much help as of yet. I'm still going to keep him however as I love his final evolution aesthetically. Meguroko was also a huge help with the ground gym.

Current team is:

"Smug" Level 31 Janobi- The grass twister move is starting to dwindle in its usefulness, but I'm only one level away from Leaf Blade and a few from Coil Up. Still love this guy

"Mask" Level 29 Darumakka- Fire Punch is awesome. This thing destroys everything, although hustle gets annoying at times

"Shore" Level 14 Hiyappu- Still lugging him around...

"Fatso" Level 26 Nageki- I've decided to drop Nageki for my flying type once I get it. It's been really helpful, but I just don't have enough team slots.

"NAD+" Level 29 Yuniran- Still waiting for it to be useful

"Dundy" Level 31 Warubairu- An awesome member. Love Overconfidence.

Excellent map Niklink. I shall be using this along with the map of the pokemon on it to further plot my domination over B/W ingame play >:)

I just cleared the 7th gym my team is

Emboar lvl 42
-Nitro Charge
-Arm thrust
-Take down
-Assurance

Pendoora lvl 40 (Centipede pokemon)
-(???) Some big chunk of metal with spikes stomps the foe.
-The mini EQ that slows the opponent
-Screech
-Protect

Gantoru lvl 40 (stone spider, Gigaiasu's pre-evo)
-Mini EQ
-Rock slide
-Iron defense
-Headbutt

Baniricchi lvl 40 (ice cream stage 2)
-Ice beam
-Icy wind
-Flash cannon
-Taunt

Kurimugan lvl 38 (It's a lady :D, redhead standalone dragon)
-Dragon Claw
-Slash
-Revenge
-Crunch

Im stuck at this tower apparently i need strenght but i don't know where it is and i don't know the names of the cities =/.

I beat the Elite Four and N and the Plasma leader yesterday.
I was a bit paranoid about the Elite Four so I kinda over-leveled but my team was
Lv. 78 Emboar (Bacon)
-Head Smash
-Arm Thrust
-Flamethrower
-Nitro Charge
This guy demolised everything, Nitro Charge is a great move, FT is the powerhouse move. Never used Head Smash. And Arm Thrust was great secondary STAB, it always managed to hit 5 times just at the right time.

Lv.68 Croc( Ground/Dark gator) w/Intimidate
-Outrage
-Assurance
-EQ
-Dig
I erased Crunch for the new 95 base power Dark move, but that was a mistake. It has some type of drawback that made Assurance almost always outdamage it. Dig was good until I got EQ, but kept both due to PP reasons. Outrage only got used once but it was a good PP saver. Lack of Earthquake Spira/Overconfidence wasn't really a big deal as Intimidate was very useful throughout the game.

Lv.68 Gochi
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Not sure...psychic type status move
-Charm (I think)

He was such a great Special tank. Didn't outspeed much, but Psychic hit like a ton of bricks.
Lv. 68 Pole (Water/Ground ugly thing)
-Strength
-Mudshot
-Surf
-Drain Punch
This guy was a beast, and it's ability (Poison Skin?) is awesome. Posioning folks when I hit them with a physical attack is great.

Lv. 68 Ice Cream Cone
-Icy Wind
-Ice Beam
-Not Sure..some psychic attack
-Mirror Shot
This thing wasn't really that great most of the game to be honest, but it did beat the 8th gym leader with a total of 3 Ice Beams. It also swept 4 of N's pokes on the last encounter with him.

Lv. 68 Bird (Normal/Flying bird)
-Fly
-Roost
-Air Slash
-Facade
This guy was pretty beast too, fastest poke on my team. Not bulky enough to effectivelyuse Roost though. And Air Slash coming off 65(?) Base Special Attack was surprisingly strong.

Does anyone know where I can catch a Ditto? I guess breeding starts NOW.

Anyway, beat the E4 and the subsequent events last night.

My team was Smuglord, Fighting-type-with-two-concrete-blocks-on-hand, Flying-Unown-Thing, Water Monkey, Kamina Glasses Crocodile and Hihidaruma. My team didn't have a powerhouse- everyone was great and did what they had to do at the right time. They were all decently leveled and the battles were challenging and fun. The storyline was also quite awesome!

Now I'm just adjusting some weaknesses, exploring the map, catching some legends and training some new favorites. Loving the game so far.

Yaguruma no Mori (ヤグルマの森)

The Plasma grunts are gone! The trainer with a level 17 Munna that knows Moonlight is a huge pain in the ass, so I go down the west path instead of the north one. The double battle here has me up against 2 level 16 Kurumirus (クルミル), which were also pains in the ass (but less so than Munna). Along the path, I'm stopped by a Plasma grunt with a level 16 Meguroko (メグロコ), quickly dispatched by Otamaro. The same generally goes for the rest of the Plasma grunts. I find a Big Root and catch a level 15 Kurumiru and a level 14 Churine (チュリネ). The latter will hopefully be useful due to Sleep Powder. With Kurumiru in tow, the Munna trainer is no longer a problem, but Aati turns me back at the end of the route... likely because I need to defeat all of the Plasma grunts in the forest. Backtracking, I go to a point where there's a hollow log, but a hidden trainer ambushes me with a level 18 Yanappu (ヤナップ). This is also easily dispatched by Kurumiru, who is probably the best grass type counter in the game thus far. The trainer gives me some more Chesto Berries after the battle. I let myself get ambushed by a couple more of those Pokemon trainers (one has a level 18 Hiyappu, and the other has a level 18 Boappu (ボアップ)) and fight 2 more Plasma grunts. Defeating the last one gives me a stolen skull. After some exploration, I also find TM86 (Grass Knot).

Sky Arrow Bridge (スカイアローブリッジ)

Weird camera angles.

Hiun City (ヒウンシティ)

I first discover here that the area immediately south of the east entrance offers me a free evolution stone for the monkey of your choice. It's a shame that there are no other Pokemon in this game that evolve through a Leaf, Fire, or Water Stone, because a level 10 evolved monkey is not going to help me at this point in the game. I run all the way to the west side and go north to an area with a fountain and some dancer guy. The dancer has a level 21 Yanappu, whom Kurumiru quickly destroyed. I completely ran past the gym, so I backtrack and am stopped by both Cheren and Aati upon attempting to enter. At the second dock from the west, I use Otamaro to defeat a dancer with a level 21 Boappu. In the second street from the left, a shady guy in black assults me and gives me TM70 (Flash). I also find the third dancer here, whose level 21 Hiyappu is met with a swift defeat by Churine. Upon defeating all 3 dancers, I go back to the fountain area and speak to the middle one for an Amulet Coin.

At the center dock, Beru, Aati, and Airisu (アイリス) engage in some conversation that I quickly skip through. Next, I head back to the fountain area and see Aati run south along the street to his gym. In the street on the left hand side, there's Aati confronting a group of Plasma grunts. The one that I battle has 2 level 17 Megurokos - at this point pretty much all of my Pokemon can destroy them with SE moves. I decide now that it would be a prudent to look for some new recruits, so I exit Hiun City through the north.

Route 4 (4番道路)

Some construction materials and a guy block the route to the north, but the west is still explorable. I catch a level 17 Darumakka (ダルマッカ), which should be incredibly helpful for the third gym. The end of the west section yields a TM41 (torment)... not very useful.

Hiun City (ヒウンシティ)

Once back in the city, I head over to the building that the Plasma grunts retreated into in order to complete the event that lets Aati return to the gym. As for the gym itself, Darumakka OHKO'd nearly every scrub trainer's Pokemon with Fire Fang - the only exception was an Ishizumai (イシズマイ), whom I had to switch to Otamaro for.

Aati himself was also a fairly easy battle. Darumakka 2HKOs his level 21 Hoiiga (ホイーガ) with Fire Fang and takes minimal damage in return. I switch to Otamaro against his level 21 Ishizumai to get off an SE Bubblebeam and then switch in Dokkoraa to chip away with Low Kick and do heavy damage with Bide after Aati uses his second Hyper Potion. Against Aati's level 23 Hahakomori (ハハコモリ), I sacrifice my own Kurumiru in order to restore Darumakka to full HP and get in a String Shot. Apparently Hahakomori's Bug Resistance (むしのていこう) doesn't even OHKO Kurumiru, even with STAB and SE. Also, it still outspeeds Darumakka even after -1 Spe, but it was only a matter of time before Darumakka landed a fatal Fire Fang. Aati gives me TM76 (Bug Resistance), a 30 BP, special Bug type move, upon defeat... which looks like a useless move.

Code:
Pokemon      Lv. Nature   HP  Atk Def SpA SpD Spe
Otamaro       15 Gentle    43  21  18  20  23  28
Dokkoraa      14 Quirky    46  29  20  12  16  15
Nageki        15 Hasty     63  36  28  18  34  20
Kurumiru      15 Adamant   43  27  26  15  25  17
Churine       15 Bold      40  13  23  29  20  15
Darumakka     17 Careful   53  39  22  10  24  22

anyone else having trouble nuzlocking in this game? Maybe its the japanese and not really knowing exactly whats going on, or maybe I haven't gotten used to all these new pokemon and moves, but I just can't seem to keep a team of more than 4-5, everything else keeps dying to random crits or just me not paying attention and whatnot. I'm 5 badges in, 4 main pokemon, 1 guy playing catch up, and 13 DEATHS!!

Does anyone know where I can catch a Ditto? I guess breeding starts NOW.

Anyway, beat the E4 and the subsequent events last night.

My team was Smuglord, Fighting-type-with-two-concrete-blocks-on-hand, Flying-Unown-Thing, Water Monkey, Kamina Glasses Crocodile and Hihidaruma. My team didn't have a powerhouse- everyone was great and did what they had to do at the right time. They were all decently leveled and the battles were challenging and fun. The storyline was also quite awesome!

Now I'm just adjusting some weaknesses, exploring the map, catching some legends and training some new favorites. Loving the game so far.
I think encountered a Ditto at the area where you meet Kyuremu.

I used Jaroda, Doryuuzu, Hihidaruma, and Burunkeru to get through the main story. It swept through pretty much everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)