Excadrill

im using this monstous mole in-game, and this set works surprisingly well
Mole @ Expert Belt
252 Att 252 Spe 4 HP
Ability: Sand Throw
(Nature that raises Speed and lowers SpA)
Earthquake
Rock Slide
X-scissor
Swords Dance

Those 3 moves provide EXCELLENT coverage, scoring SE hits on every type except Normal, Water(ouch), Fighting, Dragon, Ghost and Ground so, 11/17 types SE and all other types Neutral. There could be some pokes who fully resist this set, but im too lazy to search it

The Water weakness really hurts it, especially when it has no SE move on it.
the choice of Rock slide/Stone Edge depends on the accuracy/ both opponents(double battle)

I respect any comments/critics/improvements on this set

EDIT: This set works very well with the Psychic, TBolt, Ice Beam and Surf Starmie'

EDIT i used this:
http://www.psypokes.com/dex/atktypeanalysis.php and NO pokemon AT ALL fully resist this movepool

^Too bad it dsn't get Stone edge ={.
Expert belt is somewhat reduendant seeing as anything you are going to hit Super effective with that god almighty Mole is already going to die anyway so Life orb is the way to go for more power.(*Cough*Be cool use Chope though*Cough*)
about the stone edge, i kinda really thought that he learnt it, but oh well, Rock Slide isnt THAT bad

About the life orb, i still think Expert Belt is better, as with Life Orb, you lose some of your bulk, and 110 Base HP is nothing to laugh at(although 65 and 60 Base Defences is pretty bad)

^Too bad it dsn't get Stone edge ={.
Expert belt is somewhat reduendant seeing as anything you are going to hit Super effective with that god almighty Mole is already going to die anyway so Life orb is the way to go for more power.(*Cough*Be cool use Chope though*Cough*)

Im surprised no one is using Rotom-W who serves as an absolutely fantastic check/counter to this thing. Will-o-Wisp, Hydro Pump, immunity to ground and immense bulk is more than enough to keep this mole in check. Try it out if you are struggling with Dory, even with it losing its ghost typing it doesn't disappoint defensively.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Im surprised no one is using Rotom-W who serves as an absolutely fantastic check/counter to this thing. Will-o-Wisp, Hydro Pump, immunity to ground and immense bulk is more than enough to keep this mole in check. Try it out if you are struggling with Dory, even with it losing its ghost typing it doesn't disappoint defensively.
Rotom-W would have to run max HP / max Def Bold in order to pull it off since +2 Return hurts like hell.

This guy is ridiculously threatening in sandstorm. I run SD/EQ/Brick Break/Shadow Claw. It works pretty well, but i might try out X-Scissor instead after seeing this. I also run a jolly nature. He is partnered with scarftar, which I may switch out for hippo...

Far too often, Skarmory gets flinched to death by Rock Slide, which is a 3HKO. And besides, if phazing Doryuuzu out is the best option available, that's not exactly a huge threat.

I see your point, but not once have I had a skarmory beaten by dory, and with entry hazards, you can phaze down his health

BurningMan

fueled by beer
He's good, but can't touch skarmory, who just laughs in his face and whirlwinds him away
problem is Skarmory can do nothing when Dory is your last pokemon then you can just SD in Skarmorys face wich can do nothing in return (except maybe Brave Bird lol).

I see your point, but not once have I had a skarmory beaten by dory, and with entry hazards, you can phaze down his health
If Doryuuzu is holding a Balloon, it's immune to Spikes and 4x resistant to Stealth Rock. Phazing Doryuuzu isn't nearly as good as phazing something like Salamence.

He's good, but can't touch skarmory, who just laughs in his face and whirlwinds him away
doryuuzu = immune to Toxic Spikes
doryuuzu= 4× resistant to SR (3.125%)
doryuuzu takes 25% damage from 3 layers of spikes, which is rarely the case
maximum total= 25+3.125= 28.125%
Doryuuzu's Rock Slide 3HKO's skarm, and has a chance to flinch
Doryuuzu can come in 3 times in these conditions
add in the chances of the flinch/crits
so...... i think Dory has quite a big advantage

I think Skarmory, Zong and other levitators resistant to rock wall him very well. (even maybe Pre-evo stone Gligar/ Gliscor or Dusclops?) Besides happyHippo and the bucketload of BulkyWaters. I think the annoying jellyfish counters this to. (Boiling Water spam)

this isn´t the biggest threat on the B/W metagame, even BEFORE the release of shadow tag shandeera. the man out there is Axe-Face dragon with SD+Taunt+DD Dance+an base Atk that makes Salamence self-esttem go down combined with a DracoBomber like Sazandora. Not this Sandstorm mole

don´t forget that when DrizzleToad and DroughtTales are released, sun cancels the speed and Rain simply kills it.

but it´s my favourite poké and still a fantastic poké.

IN SOVIET RUSSIA, YOU MAKE HOLES ON MOLES BACKYARDS

Ononosuku has yet to sweep anyone, while Doryuzzu is on every goddamn team, being 2nd most used poke only to Shandera. Thing is, Doryuzzu on a baloon is only weak to Surf, Fire and Fighting, and you can trap and kill two of those with Shandera.
Neither Rain or Sun beats Sand teams, as Tyranitar beats and outlasts both Politoed and Ninetales.
Doryuzzu is the most threatening pokemon in the current metagame, so beware. Neither Skarm, Bronzong, Hippowdon or Gligar/Gliscor like facing it, though they can.
The ones running anything beside Shed Shell are going to get trapped and killed, so that leaves Gligar/Gliscor out, and posibly Bronzong too. Bronzong doesn't even KO with EQ and has to first take off the Baloon. Doryuzzu with +2 3HKOs with Rock Slide, barring any flinch. Skarm can't have Leftos recovery and thus gets worn down by Doryuzzu. Specially since it doesn't take phazing damage till the Baloon breaks.
Hippowdon is somehow the best counter to it, just try to not get trapped by Shandera, you'll need an Impish 252 Def spread to hold off the Mole, and Shandera can capitalize on anything below 60-70% to Energy Ball or Overheat it.

Doryuzu is just a complete monster, it can come in a multitude of things and set up a SD and sweep the other team, assuming there is sandstorm support. Doryuzu is though easily defeated by anything using mach punch or ice shard. I like to use hippowdon to get rid of these physical attackers and it setups SS, so its very useful.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Neither Rain or Sun beats Sand teams, as Tyranitar beats and outlasts both Politoed and Ninetales.
errhm...What? Both Politoed and Ninetales can put you to sleep with Hypnosis and can then proceed to kill TTar. Both Rain and Sun teams have the type advantage over you, as Water and Grass fairs very well vs. Ground and Rock types.

Yeah Balloon Dory is such a dick, im running SuperPower + EQ on Hippowdon just so i can check all versions of this mole shaped drilldo. :/

I didnt think it was broken before but wow after playing against the Balloon variant it like outlasts everything and moots most of its counters and checks at the same time lol. -_-

IMO, most times my Doryuuzu has been beaten was by Roobushin, by bulky waters, or skarmory. Doryuzuu is priority weak something fierce and can't handle a Mach Punch from the likes of the concrete clown. even when the guy was at 3/4 health, I couldn't knock it out with a non-boosted eq and it was crushed. The others are iffy but have worked.

Stunted Potential

IMO, most times my Doryuuzu has been beaten was by Roobushin, by bulky waters, or skarmory. Doryuzuu is priority weak something fierce and can't handle a Mach Punch from the likes of the concrete clown. even when the guy was at 3/4 health, I couldn't knock it out with a non-boosted eq and it was crushed. The others are iffy but have worked.
yes that turn me off about doryuuzu he needs a priority ground/bug move and since I could pair him with empoleon at first it din't seem like a problem untill rohbushin swept my team of course, in my opinion if they gave him a priority flying type attack and a viable "physical" water type attack he would best sweeper in the game.

Swampert is a great Dory counter. He can take any +2 Attack with ease, and Waterfall/Surf/Earthquake, or even, failing that, roar it out.

Also, so is Roopushin with this set:

Roopushin + [Status Orb]
Guts
Adamant Nature
252 Attack [Can't recall my defense and HP EV's]

Protect
Mach Punch
Drain Punch
Payback

Mach Punch with Guts OHKO's Dory. And Darkai. And Sazando. And basically anything that it hits for SE, or dosen't have some bulk.

In all honesty, this set destroys things...

I've been running Dory alongside NP Borutorosu with lefties. It OHKO's all of Dory's usual counters except Roobushin, who takes 85% min (252/0) from a +2 tbolt. Also Randorosu can be a pain in the ass when it's a speed tie. Other than that, it's an amazing offensive core.

EDIT: I meant Scarf Randorosu.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Also Randorosu can be a pain in the ass because it can speed tie. Other than that, it's an amazing offensive core.
How can Randorosu speed tie with Dory or Borotorusu, except if you are using ev spreads to be able to do so?

Other than that Latios works very good with Doryuzu they cover each others weaknesses perfectly and attck from different sides of the spectum and can therefore destroy the counters of the otherone.

Birijion is another option, and checks a variety of pokemon with its high speed. This is the set I'm referring to:

Birijion@Leftovers
Jolly/Naive; 252 HP / 44 Def / 208 Speed

- Reflect
- Close Combat / Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade / Grass Knot / Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Ice / Stone Edge / Taunt

Birijion resists the Rock/Ground combination, which forces Doryuuzu to use either Return or X-Scissor. Birijion can survive any attack Doryuuzu has except for LO +2 Return (assuming Jolly), and OHKOs back with Close Combat. It does the same to Lucario, surviving a +2 LO Extremespeed without much difficulty.

Leaf Blade is consistent damage, but the targets it would be used against will more often be taking more damage from Giga Drain or Grass Knot; I prefer the latter as it allows Birijion some form of recovery.

The last slot is more utility than anything else. Gyarados lacking Bounce will hate Stone Edge, and unboosted threats that are hit include Salamence, Urugamosu, Zapdos, etc.

We all know what Taunt does, no need to explain that.

HP Ice pairs nicely with both Grass and Fighting moves, and allows Birijion to check Salamence, Flygon, Garchomp, and others with the attack, which is convenient given its high speed. Tossing up a Reflect in Garchomp's face and proceeding to attack it is usually the way to go.

I apologize for the long post, but it just goes to show that Birijion does have its other uses than just checking Doryuuzu.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Birjions problem is Breloom does the same, but with higher attack and priority not to mention the mind games with spore and his powerful Bullet Seed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)