5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

That isn't the correct PID. Current bug in reporter, the 0x8 xor was broken in the v5 update. If you have v4, that will work.

IDs: 1 and 1
PID: BF392FF8 (1 and 0)

The PID you are getting is 3F392FF8, not the shiny one.

See here for more info.

Find a new seed.
Found a new seed. The shiny PID is 2B0DBBCB. ID/SID = 14081/42949. Will it work this time?

Found a new seed. The shiny PID is 2B0DBBCB. ID/SID = 14081/42949. Will it work this time?
I used calculator to convert these to binary (thanks Kaphotics):

2B0DBBCB 101011000011011011101111001011 (hex -> bin)
14081 11011100000001 (dec -> bin)
42949 1010011111000101 (dec -> bin)

1+1+1+1 = 4

And if I didn't get it wrong 0, 2 and 4 are shiny and 1 and 3 are not.

I'm still looking for Adamant Shiny Ability 1 PID that works and also has nearly flawless IV spread... :/ I guess my ID/SID combo just sucks too much. Actually I found one... but from frame 24000. xD

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I used calculator to convert these to binary (thanks Kaphotics):

2B0DBBCB 101011000011011011101111001011 (hex -> bin)
14081 11011100000001 (dec -> bin)
42949 1010011111000101 (dec -> bin)

1+1+1+1 = 4

And if I didn't get it wrong 0, 2 and 4 are shiny and 1 and 3 are not.

I'm still looking for Adamant Shiny Ability 1 PID that works and also has nearly flawless IV spread... :/ I guess my ID/SID combo just sucks too much. Actually I found one... but from frame 24000. xD
Good, except you dropped the two leading zeros. It's not a correct PID. Reporter beta 5 doesn't predict them right currently.

Good, except you dropped the two leading zeros. It's not a correct PID. Reporter beta 5 doesn't predict them right currently.

I guess you did mean those two... Windows Calculator tricked me then. :P

So the answer was 3 not 4.

I'm not very good with numbers and math... meh.

How would I take control of the Pokemon to appear when I sweet scent? I don't understand what Encounter Slots are for.

Still looking for an answer. I'm trying to Sweet Scent for Solosis; also where does the PID Frame start for C-Gear?

im interested on how to rng eggs on bw. I already have my parameters and i know how to rng stationary legendaries. Id like to ask if they're the same process? And i still haven't figured out how to determine my starting point in a seed, which is mentioned in bearsfan092's rng video for non-c-gear.

Alrighty so I found a ton of low frame non C-gear seeds and I was thinking about RNGing one of the starters. Does anyone know what frames the starters are on?

I'm trying now to capture a wild Exadrill with C-Gear method and I have a few questions after my first few failures :p (My seed is A64C8D4B, Frame 9 (so target frame = 6), Delay 3951)

First, can I do this like I would for a stationary pokemon? After starting my game with the updated EonTimer, I take my 250 Max Repel, and walk 256 steppes with 3 pokes in the team. During that time, I always hope that a shaking spot shows up. If it shows up during that time, I walk into it, after the Repel finishes, and capture it. If not, than I take a Small Repel (100 steps) and try to prolongue my chance to get a shaking spot, while still being under 384 steppes.

Is this correct until now? I know I can't determine its nature and Ability, so I'm using a Synchro-Pokemon at my lead Spot and hope for the 50^2% chance.

My second question is more general.. When I correctly hit my delay and frame for a 31/31/31/31/31/31 spread, does this mean EVERY wild pokemon that I can catch during this frame has perfect IVs? If yes can I capture it and continue catching more of them right afterwards?

Thanks in advance!

@Lowen, the only thing I am sure to tell you is that engaging in a battle advances the frames by approximately 120 per second, so you can't just stay on a frame after catching a pokemon.

I want to start off by saying that I have never tried to to use RNG Abuse to get flawless Pokemon in any of the previous times that I have played Pokemon. With that said, I would like to start now.

I've tried reading the guide and watching the video tutorial, but I'm still not getting it.

If anyone could help me out, it would be immensely appreciated.

The first Pokemon that I'd like to get is a flawless Bold Male Frillish with Water Absorb as the ability.

I've already downloaded the newest RNG reporter, but am unsure of where to start. I probably need someone to figuratively hold my hand as they walk me through it. The process seems easy once you get the hang of it, but being new to RNG Abuse, I have no idea what I am doing.

Thanks in advance to anyone who decides to help me out on this.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Is there a way to tell which non C-gear seed will generate some shaking grass/water ripples/bridge shadows/dust clouds?

Because I've noticed yesterday whenever I hit my seed, one of the grass just shakes after running for 150+ steps (to advance the frame, because I'm looking for Sawk at that Badge Gate at Route 10, due to the absence of NPCs). The same spot at the grass also shook whenever I hit the same non c-gear seed, after running 150+ steps.

I also took advantage of the shaking grass phenomenon to find myself a Throh, after considerable PID advancements.

Maybe the future RNG Reporter will tell us which seeds will generate those phenomenon (if NPCs are absent).

Is there a way to tell which non C-gear seed will generate some shaking grass/water ripples/bridge shadows/dust clouds?

Because I've noticed yesterday whenever I hit my seed, one of the grass just shakes after running for 150+ steps (to advance the frame, because I'm looking for Sawk at that Badge Gate at Route 10, due to the absence of NPCs). The same spot at the grass also shook whenever I hit the same non c-gear seed, after running 150+ steps.

I also took advantage of the shaking grass phenomenon to find myself a Throh, after considerable PID advancements.

Maybe the future RNG Reporter will tell us which seeds will generate those phenomenon (if NPCs are absent).
Are they even tied together? I also managed to get a Staryu RNGed with non c-gear so yeah...that is a good question; maybe I had mad luck with mine lol because I was even using a syncher before I found out how loopy those things can be along with just haphazardly advancing frames.

I just found my parameters for my white version and I've started to search for spreads, and I was wondering which encounter type to set it to for eggs. Do I choose gift, stationary, or wild for it? Also, when searching the natures for eggs, would giving a parent an everstone work the same was a synchronizer works for wilds? Also, when breeding, is it better to search for a shiny PID and then find a frame in that seed for the IVs, or vice versa?
Repost for the 4th time now...

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I just found my parameters for my white version and I've started to search for spreads, and I was wondering which encounter type to set it to for eggs. Do I choose gift, stationary, or wild for it?
I'm pretty sure encounter type doesn't matter for eggs.

Also, when searching the natures for eggs, would giving a parent an everstone work the same was a synchronizer works for wilds?
Everstone will give you a 50% chance that the baby has the same nature as the everstone holder, so in that sense it is like Synchronize. It will also affect how the egg is generated slightly, but RNG Reporter should take care of that part for you.

Also, when breeding, is it better to search for a shiny PID and then find a frame in that seed for the IVs, or vice versa?
In general, it's quicker and easier to advance the PID frame than the IV frame, unless you happen to have an IV frame that is near to a multiple of 7 (since there's a PC in the daycare place). In the end, it's your preference.

When searching for IV's to breed in Time Finder, with Gift selected, is it auto set to 8 frame minimum, as in Min frame 1=8? Or do you have to set the minimum frame to 8 as if it were a wild/stationary Pokemon?

andrea

/me cresselias
That isn't the correct PID. Current bug in reporter, the 0x8 xor was broken in the v5 update. If you have v4, that will work.

IDs: 1 and 1
PID: BF392FF8 (1 and 0)

The PID you are getting is 3F392FF8, not the shiny one.

See here for more info.

Find a new seed.
So can I just use v4 to do everything instead of v5? Searches will be accurate/correct frame etc etc?

Okay, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong (according to bearfan's non-c gear abuse video). I have my seed, time/date, and frame, which is 5. I'm trying to catch a Special Flawless Deino in Victory Road 1F. I need to walk 128 steps...but I'm unsure what a step is. Is it one space forward? What about when you turn when you run into a wall?

Any help is appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)