Electro Dance Music

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Third Party - Feel is brilliant, love it.

I would like dubstep if there was some variety, I think, but it all sounds like the same song to me, most of the time. There are exceptions of course, recently posted it in the youtube thread but might as well post it again

edit: ok so I have basically had Feel on loop for 7 hours straight now this song is officially too good

There's the word 'ambient' in the title and the thread was already on the sixth page and there is no mention of Shpongle yet. I'm flabbergasted.

Simon Postford is a modern day musical genius. Shpongle has been providing great psybient since 1998 starting with their incredulous debut album, Are You Shpongled?, which is considered a classic in mind-altering psychedelic ambient music. And definitely for a reason - the atmoshphere is vivid enough to be grasped by ethereal hands.

The duo of Postford and Raja Ram continued things off with Tales Of The Inexpressible, which follows the footsteps of the debut album - long, atmospheric tracks with tribal instrumentals blended well together without being a coherent entity in itself, rather just great individual tracks. Nothing Lasts... But Nothing Is Lost is their first take at a concept album and works its wonders on you. It's sheerly an outstanding piece of work and must been listened to with you lying on your back, your eyes closed, from the beginning to the end. It's an experience.

Their latest album, Ineffable Mysteries From Shpongleland, has a bit more going to the electronic department but the shift has been crafted intricately and leaves absolutely no room for disappointment. One of the highlights of my musical 2009.

Producing only four albums in approximately 10 years shows the meaning of quality over quantity in music. They have put a lot of effort into each album and it can be seen, heard, felt even.

(try: divine moments of truth: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/flashback - i don't recommend watching the video when high though, it gave me the creeps)

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I like Daft Punk, deadmau5, Distrance, DJ Tiesto, DJ Weaver, DJ Kurt, Kr1z, and Wolfgang Gartner alongside some others.

Here are some songs I particularly enjoy listening to.

Title: Aspiration
Artist: Distrance

Title: Come Into My Dream (Hixxy remix)
Artist: DJ Weaver

Title: Spaceman
Artist: DJ Kurt

Title: Time has Changed
Artist: Impulserz Inc.

Title: Forever
Artist: Kr1z

Title: Burning Summer

Title: Revolution of Dreams (note: Newgrounds link, couldn't find this song on Youtube / any other video hosting site)

I might just post some songs already posted on this thread. I did enjoy them after all.

Title: Strobe
Artist: deadmau5

Title: Human After All
Artist: Daft Punk

Title: Raise Your Weapon
Artist: deadmau5 feat. Greta Svabo Bech (vocalist)

Title: Superheroes
Artist: Daft Punk

Title: Fire Power
Artist: Wolfgang Gartner

I think Justice, Daft Punk, Deadmau5 and MSTRKRFT are the best here are my favorite songs by them

Justice
Phantom Part 2
Waters Of Nazareth

Deadmau5
Moar Ghosts 'n' Stuff
Animal Rights

Daft Punk
Derezzed
Harder Better Faster Stronger (Deadmau5 Remix)

MSTRKRFT
Vuvuvu
Neon Nights
It Ain't Love

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
Beautiful Sunshine is really, really excellent. It reminds me a lot of Gouryella's Walhalla, which might be my favorite song of all time. I already posted it two pages back... but no shame in posting this classic again ;)

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thank you so much for sharing, guys. :) There's a lot of good stuff in the last posts that I need to check out now that I've finally got some free time in my hands. (!)

I really haven't been able to look for new cool songs on YouTube lately, so I'm just gonna post a song from Gareth Emery which I've already said is so good.

> Gareth Emery - All Is Now

Enjoy. ;)

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I love the activity this thread has gotten in the last few days. I'm going to have to listen to all your songs and let you guys know what I think of them!

Anyway a few more from me

Exit vs Kent & Gian - Pura (Original Mix)

I heard the above track on Sean Tyas' "Tytanium Sessions Alpha" compliation and I have to say that it has one of the most energetic, uplifting break downs I've ever heard in my life. Definitely something that you'd love nastyjungle!

Sean Tyas presents Syat Naes - NYPD (Original Mix Edit)

Gets really good after 3 minutes but is a little short for my liking

P.A.F.F - Duplicitous (Freakhouze Remix)

A bit different to most songs I've heard but fairly catchy.

BT feat. JES - Every Other Way (Armin Van Buuren Remix)

This isn't a dancefloor killer like the other songs I've posted, but this is an awesome chill song!

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
http://www.vimeo.com/16289927
First song in that video: amazing. I'd love to know the name of it, or the artist or other music like it. Currently all my electro music is super percussive and idm mainly, and I'd love some more relaxed stuff. Any ideas? I guess it might not be considered electro-y enough? I dunno, the past two posts have been very stereotypical (not in a bad way) electro music so I'm really not sure how much it pertains to the thread.
I have every intention of making it through this thread though, based on the couple of amazing posts of the first page.

On the off chance that he hasn't already been mentioned, pogo is amazing (if not a severe sufferer from ammss)
Willi und Sohn has always entertained me as well.

Last post from first page proved more fruitful than much of the other pages. Kicking myself for not re reading the first page. But yeah. Autechre and boards of canada are amazing.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Grove, I'm not sure if I've heard the above song before (I listen to waaay too much music) but it's an awesome song. Thanks for sharing, definitely favouriting.

Markus Schulz feat. Ana Criado - Surreal (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)

Traumer - Cobraphobie (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)

I think I've posted the second one already but I can't find the post where I did, and if I did the old link I had got sadly deleted. Had to post it again though because its an amazing tune. Anyway, turns out Markus has made a few big room reconstructions of his songs, and I absolutely love them because they are perfect to play at gigs, house parties or even on an awesome stereo system. Seriously, listen to these on your speaker system at full blast even; makes you feel like you're at a live set. Also, do yourselves a favour and just Youtube "Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction", there's a few of them lying around and they're generally awesome!

Finally gonna contribute to this thread after many months of jizzing myself to excellent tunes... Most of these songs are just from Gatecrasher compilations, but w/e:

Hybrid - Finished Symphony Massive tune. This is the sort of dance I love, it's more telling a story than just a song if you know what I mean. The sort of thing you can lose yourself in... Definitely one of my favourite songs ever.

Lange - Follow Me Kevin and Perry has to be the best film ever, I swear half of my favourite songs are on it. Very nice bit of trance.

Daft Punk - Television Rules The Nation / Around The World I'm fond of all Daft Punk stuff, but this one just stuck out... Would have loved to hear that live hahah.

Tiesto (Feat. Kele Okereke) - It's Not The Things You Say Now I like Tiesto. I also like Bloc Party. So this song was a given hahah. Might not be very dance or electro or w/e, but it's by Tiesto and it's a massive tune, so w/e :P

That's my lot for the minute, I'm sure I'll find some more stuff to add later on... Tell me what you think! :D

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thank you for sharing, guys! Nice stuff on both sides.

I wanted to make a quick post to say that I'm really hooked to this Dance song that I posted earlier today: AlexUnder Base ft. Lys - Call Again. IMO, it's surprisingly good. But many of you guys may disagree with me given how much can music tastes vary even within a particular genre such as Dance.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
Just thought I'd bump the thread with this little gem.

I'd heard this song about 3 or 4 years back, and I have literally been haunted by this beat for that entire time (1:24 on is fantastic), unable to remember the name of the song or any words to it. Finally after all these years heard it on TV today. Mystery solved

Dirtyphonics - French Fuck VIP Just popping in to say I'm way late at, but just discovered the Dirtyphonics. They are an incredible DnB group who dabble in dubstep afaik. This song is free to download in HQ from their facebook page if you just like it. It's pretty cool. They also have WARP which is about my favorite dubstep song to date. It's more than just heavy bass, its heavy bass with a ballin rhythm.

Stallion

Tree Young
Godskitchen Boombox - Mixed by Cosmic Gate

This isn't the usual YouTube link's that are normally posted. This is a CD that I just purchased today because some of the artists caught my eye on it. Mark my words, I'm usually very very picky with my CD's - I bought Trance Energy a few weeks ago and I must say that I was very disappointed with it (especially seeing as Sander van Doorn is one of my favourite artists). However, this is probably amongst the best albums I've bought in a long time (since the end of last year). Disc 1 is mixed by Cosmic Gate and has some classic trance tracks, disc 2 is mixed by James Brooke and contains some incredible remixes of some already brilliant Trance tracks (and is almost flawlessly mixed imo), and disc 3 mixed by Punk Ninja's has some electro and house for a change of pace. The best part of this album is the sheer variety of song genres within combined with some hard to find songs and an energetic vibe through each disc. Nastyjungle, if you still frequent the threat I definitely recommend that you in particular check this album out man!

EDIT: Same deal as you Nastyjungle, I've heard this song so many times in nightclubs and loved it for ages but never actually had it/knew its name. Thanks so much for posting!!!!

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
Ah I love Cosmic Gate, buying sounds so tempting haha. I will have to check this out when I'm ready to drop 20 bucks ;)

Here is what I have been listening to recently, just a little track that I thought sounded pretty good (repetitive in places, though).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)