Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhm, do a Xatu or a Lanturn or both. They're my favorite pokemon. And when I saw that Lapfloon, I had to do a double take. I thought it was a Squirtle at first. :p Ah, I wanna start my own dex, but I'm still pondering a pokemon. But meanwhile, enjoy a revamped Ivysaur!

Finished revamping my Lapras (it didn't take 3 days my computer broke down).

(Yes I know I copy-pasted the eye from the B/W Lapras sprite but it flowed well and I suck at making eyes.)

C&CC still appreciated.

Thinking of continuing my Wobbadex from way back in the day (around 50 or so pages ago).

E: All the sprites from back then were deleted because I didn't have photobucket so I'm starting from scratch.

Because simply going from 1 to 549 would be boring, would anyone care to make requests for the Voltorb dex? :D

ALSO! NEW WSC TOMMOROW, EVERYONE BE PREPARED!

I request mudkiporb, togepiorb and psyduckorb!

Going to have a lot less free time starting tomorrow, /sob. Bloody work! Hopefully I can still make shit for the WSC and/or the loondex, regardless. Anyway, here are a few new/revamped/shinified ones.

Kind of want to keep the 'loons having a roundish outline, so I removed the cheek spikes/quills... not really sure how I feel about it though. Zapdos' wings are too thick. >:(

Shiny 'loons!

Really not sure about poochloon here, looks too much like a cat... but I can't really add much else to it, really. Any recommendations or more 'dex requests?

I'd like to request Diglett, Voltorb and Wobbuffet loons, please!
Anyway, here are some more sprites I made:
For a WSC.
For a contest in the Smogon Spriters social group.
Miles Double-Edgeworth and Gododuo.

Aw turdshits. My computer with all my spiriting files has a nasty virus, so to prevent risk of further infection, I won't be spiriting on it for a while. I have my laptop, but it utterly sucks. Oh well. Oh and I have my iPod touch to post too :D

Woah those are great... but i think they exceed the 96x96 pixel limit. But they're still great. A few of them are kinda messy (like serperior) but the concepts and executions are near perfect. I really like your "End of the level boss" kind of theme (and Mr.Kool Aid) Overall your sprites are probably 9 or 9.5 out of 10. You remind me of twoohfive205 on YouTube.

Oh yeah, and how about a Hydrei...orb. yeah, thats one of the reasons i dont work for gamefreak.

Woah those are great... but i think they exceed the 96x96 pixel limit. But they're still great. A few of them are kinda messy (like serperior) but the concepts and executions are near perfect. I really like your "End of the level boss" kind of theme (and Mr.Kool Aid) Overall your sprites are probably 9 or 9.5 out of 10. You remind me of twoohfive205 on YouTube.
lol, i only limit myself to 90x90 for actual game sprites. splices it just limits too much.
I REMIND SOMEONE OF 205?!?!?!? *falls over from shock of awesome*

Here we go, fresh out of the oven! :D
Also, my brother asked me to use Scizor's claw as a head, on Rayquaza's body, with Salamence's wings, to make a Dragon. TnT

Crazy, but I made it for him. Come on, he's my brother. :p

After seeing this, I thought TvTropes should have a new trope called: So Cute It's Evil

This could and should become Smogon's own rendition of trollface.

Also, my brother asked me to use Scizor's claw as a head, on Rayquaza's body, with Salamence's wings, to make a Dragon. TnT
Nice! Your brother had an awesome idea, and you pulled it off with an aplomb (wink RSE wink).

So I was thinkin' about WSC Week 1...ReBIRTH. I made this sprite simply for competitive purposes, nothing more, and no harmful intentions of any sort. According to the rules (which I read thoroughly) it's safe for me to use / display this sprite.

Be wary that this is made to represent birth, so it's in Hide tags for maturity purposes (although everyone on Smogon should be 13+, so everyone should be able to handle it).

The miracle of child birth. Perfectly ready for WSC, albeit the WSC copy won't be animated(and yes, both frames are 96x96). Cloyster serves as the primary Water type, Darumaka serves as the primary Fire type, and Ludicolo serves as the primary Grass type. The whole sprite consists of​

• Cloyster
  • Darumaka​
  • Ludicolo​
  • Onix​
  • Miltank (colors)​
  • Jigglypuff (colors)​
Edit:
Heracross Zombie, wooo. :B

You know, Toast, between yours and Rittercat's entry, I'm starting to think this theme was just an excuse to show certain organs in all their naked glory. Tsk, tsk! Oh well, both entries gave me some inspiration for mine, although it definitely has nothing to do with what you'd find in someones pants.

Anyway, in unrelated news, here's the updated loondex!

Gunna need some feedback on the digloons. All three that Romeert requested were extremely tough because they're pretty unremarkable mons once you take away their arms/eyes/mouths, and in diglett's case, their rocks. The second digloon is more distinctively diglett, but it's sort of out of place in the dex because I want all the 'loons to have the same eyes/x bandage and their strings. Opinions?

Edit: Also, more requests would be cool!

Anyway, in unrelated news, here's the updated loondex!

Gunna need some feedback on the digloons. All three that Romeert requested were extremely tough because they're pretty unremarkable mons once you take away their arms/eyes/mouths, and in diglett's case, their rocks. The second digloon is more distinctively diglett, but it's sort of out of place in the dex because I want all the 'loons to have the same eyes/x bandage and their strings. Opinions?

Edit: Also, more requests would be cool!
As per the Diglets, both look pretty good. What you could do (if you're up for a little scratching) is incorporate the rocks as a little platform underneath the body / above the legs. If you want to go with one or the other, I would go with the grounded one. It's only fair that he be on the ground, Diglet aint' got no feet. :B

For requests, shall I challenge you with Nattorei and Teshiido? I think I shall, for I am an evil bastard! >:D

You know, Toast, between yours and Rittercat's entry, I'm starting to think this theme was just an excuse to show certain organs in all their naked glory. Tsk, tsk! Oh well, both entries gave me some inspiration for mine, although it definitely has nothing to do with what you'd find in someones pants.
Now see here mister! :'D To be fair, I don't exactly think that's what Rittercat's is supposed to be, and I don't even know if that's my ACTUAL entry yet(I merely thought "Re-BIRTH" and went to the idea). Besides, I just meant for the theme to be a simple, like, "Eggs and Flowers and Youth" theme, not anything purposely suggestive and out there.

As per the Diglets, both look pretty good. What you could do (if you're up for a little scratching) is incorporate the rocks as a little platform underneath the body / above the legs. If you want to go with one or the other, I would go with the grounded one. It's only fair that he be on the ground, Diglet aint' got no feet. :B
I tried one with the rocks + strings but it looked weird, imo. Here's an example (my scratching sucks so I just hijacked some extra rocks).

Edit: Second (and hopefully less awkward) version.

For requests, shall I challenge you with Nattorei and Teshiido? I think I shall, for I am an evil bastard! >:D
Psh! I don't actually think those two will be too difficult, they do have distinctive spikes/markings/attachments. I think the absolute hardest for my 'dex will be the defining shittiest evolution ever, poliwrath, against poliwhirl. Machamp and pre-evos might be a pain too since I really want to avoid adding arms and legs to the 'loons except in the case of wings and fins. There are a couple of others I've come across but the poli's are definitely the worst.

Now see here mister! :'D To be fair, I don't exactly think that's what Rittercat's is supposed to be, and I don't even know if that's my ACTUAL entry yet(I merely thought "Re-BIRTH" and went to the idea). Besides, I just meant for the theme to be a simple, like, "Eggs and Flowers and Youth" theme, not anything purposely suggestive and out there.
Haha! I know the theme wasn't meant to be anything skeevy, I just found it funny how both you and Ritter went to the exact same place when thinking up your entries (if Ritter's isn't meant to be some sort of suggestive... thing... I will eat my hat, I can't unsee it). I'm pretty sure making those sorts of sprites is the only purpose to cloyster, anyway.

I'd like to request a Bastiodon sprite mixed with Sauron from Lord of the Rings.

Here is some reference picture

Id also like to request a trainer sprite similar to this, but male:

Hand hand, imo. Red or blue works best as well, I think, though I prefer blue.

Anyway, here's my first go at my WSC sprite (I'm so good at time management).

Phoenix, rising from the ashes! Woo. Thinking I might just add straight mini-flames to the ashes since I seem to suck at making them look like they're smouldering. For what it's worth, 'mons used: Braviary, tropius, ho-oh, articuno, swanna, diglett, shiny ho-oh for colours, ofc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)