Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! i like the second one a little better because of the line, now i can imagine reuniclus as a trick room death machine instead of a teddy bear.

Could someone make me an avatar of Roy Mustang from Fullmetal Alcheimst? Try to make it a serious one please. i'd greatly appreciate it. thank you in advance.

So guys, I wanted to pracitce with symmetry / shading / scratching, so I decided to take on something super complex! I took one of my favorite pokemon (screw the fact that it's a CAP, idgaf because he's awesome) and completely scratched it, and shaded, and colored and such. :B He's a WEEEE bit shorter than Argh's actual sprite, but keep in mind, this is just practice. :>

Any C&C?

Oh my Arceus, that is so amazing TT13. The only flaw I could find is that its hook is a bit flat on the side. Do you get what I mean.

Oh my Arceus, that is so amazing TT13. The only flaw I could find is that its hook is a bit flat on the side. Do you get what I mean.
Yeah, it looks a bit funny, but I tried to stick to the previous sprite / art concept.

Does it still look a bit too flat? It'd be a simple change, but I'm having trouble deciding on if I need to fix it or not.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'd like a banner with Celebi + Gyarados to recognize their achievements on ma team.

Maybe "The Forest Fairy and the Sea Serpent" can fit somewhere?

thx

^Like the ones used in games? I usually google them, and try to find whatever it is I'm looking for. :3 The user Flora might have a source, since she knows where they are for her Battle Hall reffing.

ALSO, here I have somethin' else I've been working on. :B

My vert own scratched Stratagem! The positioning of the "feet" are bothering me a bit, but I'll fix those some other time when I'm not drop-dead exhausted because of school. :B

It's...so small. Devamping it is impossible as any more shrinking will reduce it to vapor.
But it's cute, to say the least. :D
Too small? D: I tried to make it a little popcorn-shrimp-baby-dude, but I didn't think I made it that small. :x

@doominic - idk what's going on then, since everyone else can see them. :c

Wyverii told him to make it less vapory and more clump-esque. You see a man's dilema? The lighter blue for the normal fur is much better DD, Makes the tail look less like it's attached to the back. The bent front paw looks more camp than anything else. The top left of the joint looks a bit jerky. Great Sprite though

Just dropping in to pay my respects for Doran's and Toast's CAP sprites. Best stuff I've seen in years. Wish they become official.

I really hope I can post something soon
exams

Against my will, I did vote for Protowat, Simply because it was the best choice there. Well done Tyrant.

thanks ICC.

heres another few sprites to show! All my Starters! yes, the second and third evos look about the same size, but i dont care :p

Excellent. I'm wondering, why do your sprites have such a unique style? Do you make you own palettes? Do you shade your outlines differently? Beats me.
But how do you pronounce Vulcelk?
Have you ever tried reading "Typhuck" aloud?

EDIT: I sincerely apologise if it's offensive. I was just noting stuff down in (what I hope is) a polite way.

lol I didnt take it as offensive. and you pronoucne Vulcelk, as the first part of vulcan with a hard c, then just elk, and yes, I know about typhuck, but in my defense cofaggirus?

also, I do make the palletes for each one on the spot, but use it throughout the entire line. I think its just that I sprite with the same way i draw. I also dont scan my drawings and sprite over that, I just sprite it outright.

I think Ursungle could use a different, more mature face than Beark. But I really love your style. It's soft. Reminds me of the GBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)