Smogon University PO Statistics — March 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
This should be interesting to see how RU replaces claydol as premier spinner/SR user. Unless everyone gives up and plays different tiers instead.....

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
The top 10 for Rated VGC2012 are quite fascinating and radically different from last month.

New Top 10:
Metagross from #7 to #1 (it really is just friggin that awesome though)
Tyranitar from #4 to #2
Hitmontop from #1 to #3 (likely because Metagross is a near perfect counter for it, if it runs Zen Headbutt)
Chandelure from #3 to #4
Cresselia unchanged at #5
Abomasnow from #12 to #6
Togekiss from #32 to #7 (wtf?!)
Zapdos from #2 to #8
Ferrothorn from #27 to #9 (wtf?!)
Garchomp from #9 to #10

Old Top 10:
Scizor from #6 to #12
Latios from #8 to #20
Amoonguss from #10 to #24

Other notables:
Volcarona from #11 to #56 (holy crap)
Politoed from #17 to #11
Ninetales from #40 to #57
Rotom-W from #13 to #37 (the highest rated Rotom-A I might add)
Jellicent from #29 to #16

Please let this be April Fools 2, Antar. Please.

Sawsbuck AND Charizard in NU? And I thought Sun was bad enough...

Scrafty and Toxicroak still OU? Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Charizard is gonna be a pain to deal with if you don't get those rocks up in time.

Thick Fat Miltank and Grumpig are gonna rise in usage and all the base speed 101+ pokemon will rise in usage to revenge him.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well with Charizard, Ludicolo and Sawsbuck dropping down from RU, looks like this'll be the weather round of NU. Although it should be interesting as the #1 weather setter has left the tier (speaking of which, massive sadface!) I get the feeling there'll either be more leads like Electrode, Jumpluff and Volbeat to get things started, or sweepers are going to be more self-sustaining, and using Sunny Day and Rain Dance on their own accord (Ludicolo, Seismitoad, Rapdiash)

Should be an interesting three months now that the most popular mon's left, I won't have to pack Skuntank for Sub CM sets anymore :D

| 51 | Wartortle | 647 | 4.137% |
| 32 | Wartortle | 1032 | 5.653% |

The drop in Wartortle usage is quite surprising, although I definitely support it, as it's a complete pushover.

Also...

| 110 | Omanyte | 215 | 1.375% |
| 255 | Omanyte | 8 | 0.044% |

| 50 | Luxray | 652 | 4.169% |
| 91 | Luxray | 328 | 1.797% |

Carry on my wayward sons...

So hitmonlee is still RU they didn't steal all the good pokes then, but seriously put scrafty out of its misery and let it drop.
(use swampert people)

Scrafty for UU... He's too cool for to be OU. Guys there are nerds!

On the other hand, Milotic continues to be stuck at the middle/bottom of UU. Haven't played for 2 months. I miss her... the former queen of UU.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OU Usage's top 12 appears as if you could make one half of the dozen into a solid rain team and the other six into a vicious sand team.

Breloom's proving to be a Dream World contender; Fight Gem and Life Orb are really useful. Life Orb varients should be Jolly most of the time.

Thanks once again for these useful statistics, Antar!

OU The change that never happened

Well for OU to not lose toxicroak and scrafty was more of a 50/50 chance. However the big mover in OU is Hydreigon.

February 2012:
36 | Hydreigon | 15910 | 5.533%

March 2012:
24 | Hydreigon | 7.328% |

Looks like people were liking his awesome coverage and power.

That nice +12 :]

*Thought there was that small chance deoxys-D was on its way up, but hey don't really use it myself anyway. Also it was nice to see azelf getting close to usage for OU :D

Double01

Hate it or love it the under dog's on top
If Uxie was a prominent force WITH honch and sharpedo, I can't imagine how much it will be used now.

Also uu sucks for taking sharpedo and screwing over my team :'(.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
ugh fuck charizard that thing is going to be broken as hell

Specs Timid Fire Blast in Sun vs 252/252+ Lickilicky: 433-511 (102.12 - 120.51%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Specs Timid Fire Blast in Sun vs 252/0 Alomomola: 540-636 (101.12 - 119.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Specs Timid Fire Blast in Sun vs 252/252+ Camerupt: 251-296 (72.96 - 86.04%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, an OHKO with a little prior damage
Specs Timid Fire Blast in Sun vs 252/252+ Mantine: Fire Blast: 165-195 (49.4 - 58.38%) -- 67.97% chance to 2HKO
Specs Timid Fire Blast in Sun vs 252/252+ Hypno: 381-448 (101.87 - 119.78%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I like the part where nothing without a resistance or immense SpD can take that hit.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Im still prolly gonna use Scrafty in OU. He's been real sucessful for me at least.

ol Zard finally back in NU. get ready for rocks.

I always felt like PU Tier would have been Pokemon used less than 1% of the time in NU. But then again, the cut off line will always be 3.41%. I actually did do a little PU battle with a friend before the tier was even made and actually landed a kill with a Squirtle (it was meant to be my team's Rapid Spinner, but it still managed to get a kill).

Also wtf ferrothorn the king of 1337 ubers? Come on
Well that's what happens when you check half the tier. Very little can OHKO it if Rain is up.

I can't say I'm surprised about Honchkrow and Claydol moving up. Claydol moved up to replace Donphan and Honchkrow is a powerhouse with priority that just keeps getting stronger. I'm a little surprised about Gligar and Sharpedo, though, as they always seemed pretty underwhelming in UU.

Either way, it's good news my RU team as Honchkrow always gave it problems and I can use Sandslash as set up fodder just like I did with Claydol. I also think Sandslash and Kabutops usage will rise, as they're really the only good spinners in RU right now.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I also think Sandslash and Kabutops usage will rise, as they're really the only good spinners in RU right now.
calling bs on that, hitmonchan is far better than sandslash and kabutops, although kabu is cute

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
| 19 | Rotom-F | 143 | 10.415% | 112 | 9.745% |
| 37 | Rotom-S | 82 | 5.972% | 64 | 5.568% |

Freezer > Fan ^___^

Wow, did RU ever take a blow. While I haven't played the teir before personally I've read enough to know this is going to completely reshape the tier once again. I feel bad for all the people who have to rework their teams now.

As for OU, I honestly was really expecting Scrafty to drop and Deoxys-D to rise, but it looks like we're going to have to wait another 3 months at least before Scrafty makes the fall. Deoxys-D being banned from UU isn't much of a surprise to me either, as I've been hearing so much complaining about spike stacking in the teir and even in OU nothing can really stop Deoxys-D from getting up its spikes.

Ok, first, "Wow. Nothing came in or out of OU. I think that means we found ourselves a balanced tier. " < That is the stupidest thing I have heard in a long time.

Btw, fuck Scrafty.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Lead Usage in Ubers:

| 21 | Politoed | 112 | 1.018% |

I don't play Ubers, but isn't Politoed, like, completely outclassed by Kyogre?

Stratos

Banned deucer.
thank god all of the bullshit is finally out of RU. I'm gonna start playing it again probably

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Lead Usage in Ubers:

| 21 | Politoed | 112 | 1.018% |

I don't play Ubers, but isn't Politoed, like, completely outclassed by Kyogre?

no way, does Kyogre got encore and hypnosis? I don't think so, if anything Kyogre is outclassed by Politoed.
On a more serious note uber stats were always easy to manipulate because there are not many players. With a little patience you can get everything in the ubers top 50.

Looking at the stats OU had almost no bigger shifts in the last few months and seems really balanced, so i am looking forward to the BW 2 and Keldeo release to shake things a little up, because it's getting a little boring at the moment.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Because the next tier changes will be in 3 months, Scrafty's next chance to fall to UU will be in July after BW2 comes out.

Ain't that a bitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)