Smogon Fantasy Football: 2013-2014 Season

If you are interested in trading, I'd be willing to listen to offers. Tight Ends and Running backs is what I'm looking. I'm Victorious Secret in League D. Hit me up.

Last edited:
I'm pretty much in the opposite situation. My money league has only 4 bench spots, so there's a ton of talent riding the waiver wire. This week, I can (probably) get one of the following:

Chris Ivory (might become the feature back)
Mike James (if Doug Martin is put on IR)
Ben Tate (hamstrings are dangerous, Foster could reinjure it any game this season)
Jordan Reed (has looked fantastic, I've had my eye on him for a while in deeper leagues)
Harry Douglas (he'll still put up numbers as the #3 target)
Jarrett Boykin (new #3 in Green Bay, looked alright last week)
Darrius Heyward-Bay (new #2 in Indi)
almost literally everyone else you could think of that's on your waiver wire

I'll be dropping Eli Manning for one of them (bye week QB). I'm rather thin at RB2 (Charles, Bell, and MJD), but could also use a weekly WR/TE flex starter (currently bouncing between Jordan Cameron, Marques Colston, and Greg Jennings is on the bench). Any advice? I really really like Reed, and his playoff schedule (weeks 15-17, Atlanta/Dallas/NYG) is fantastic. Thinking Reed > Ivory > Douglas > DHB at this point, but I might take a gamble on Tate or grab two of them in place of Jennings.
Boykin>Reed>Douglas>James>Ivory>DHB>Tate

Finley is probably done for the year and Jones is still hurt so that means more targets for Boykin. Reed is pretty much the #2 passing option and has a nice schedule. Douglas should see plenty of targets as the #1 WR but he faces 3 elite defenses in a row and White could be 100% after Week 11. James is meh but he should see a good amount of carries, since he has no competition. I still see Powell splitting carries with Ivory. DHB still isnt reliable even with Wayne gone and I wouldnt be surprised if Tate is more injured than Foster atm. I would drop Jennings, he isnt fantasy relevant.

I had already picked Reed, the playoff schedule was too enticing and I'm worried Boykin will have a drop in production whenever James Jones comes back. The rest were all taken except for DHB and Tate, but Danny Amendola was dropped this week and I'm tempted to take (another) gamble on him in place of Jennings.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Amendola wasn't seeing a ton of targets even when he was healthy, so I doubt he'll make much of a splash when if he comes back, especially now that Cronk is back in the lineup.

great now Randle is losing the start to Dunbar.

forced to start Peyton fucking Hillis.

also dropped Jennings and am starting Boykin.

Do I start Roy Helu or Chris Ivory in the flex? I also am starting Morris already, so do I go all-in on Washington's backfield or mix Ivory in and hope for a TD/another big workload?

there's about a 50:50 chance that Rex Ryan wasn't bullshitting us last week when he said he didn't know why Bilal Powell got so few carries. chances are, Powell's going to get a much larger role this week, and Ivory will be demoted to 10-15 or so carries.

Helu is the Redskins hurry-up back, and against Peyton Manning and the high powered Denver O I expect them to alternate between huddle and no-huddle just like last week. if it's PPR Helu's more likely to get a few catches, and I'd rather play the guy that probably has a sure workload over gambling over someone who's had <5 touches 3 out of the last 4 games.

fucking Spiller is "doubtful" and will likely get only a few touches. he's hurt.

Hillis is a shit gamble, and now i have to start Bell too.

T_T

hopefully Gronk + Cameron will carry me home.

man I feel sorry for anyone who owns Spiller this year

that includes myself

tho I also have Charles, Broshon, and Ridley (someone dropped him the week of his two TD game lol) in that league

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm currently processing a trade of Torrey Smith for FJax. Judging by Spiller's injury, this is looking positive for me, but it may backfire down the road if he gets healthy and takes the starting job back from Fred. That, and Torrey might rise in numbers as the season goes on (as Flacco gets more settled). Is there anything I'm grossly missing here, or does it seem like a pretty even trade at the moment?

For trade purposes, who do you guys think is going to be a better fantasy player for the rest of the season: Justin Blackmon or Torrey Smith?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Torrey Smith. The Ravens have a better QB and offense in general than the Jags, and Smith is also the clear cut #1 there whereas Blackmon has to compete with Shorts.

Also at least I got a TD out of Gibson before he tore his patellar tendon...

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
poor Del Rio. At least this time your team didn't score a bunch and still lose!

PS - did anyone start Marvin Jones this week?

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ugh Cowboys / Fantasy Analysis all week "Yeah DeMarco looks ready to go, look for him to have a good chance of scoring 10+ points this week!"

I've made so many Waiver moves in Smogon League B that my team is actually looking pretty solid even without terrible Ray Rice / Roddy White / Matt Ryan.
Pickups: Philip Rivers, Harry Douglas, Zac Stacey, Jarrett Boykin, Terrance Williams, Pierre Thomas

speaking of League B, i have a bunch of depth at RB with Foster/Morris/Bernard/Woodhead/Helu/Ivory/Mike James, so hit me up if you need an RB or two. i'd like to upgrade at QB or do a package deal for a good player if you are really hurting for depth.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
speaking of League B, i have a bunch of depth at RB with Foster/Morris/Bernard/Woodhead/Helu/Ivory/Mike James, so hit me up if you need an RB or two. i'd like to upgrade at QB or do a package deal for a good player if you are really hurting for depth.
I have Andrew Luck as my backup and could really use a top rb

won my money league lost my fun league.

so not a bad day.

had Gordon on my bench in both leagues though which sucked.

hopefully he'll get dealt to the Patriots or Niners or something before Tuesday.

In one league, I entered MNF with a 17.32 lead (and 6-1 record). They had Russell Wilson left to play.

In my money league, I entered MNF with a 15.2 deficit (and 4-3 record). I had Russell Wilson left to play.

So the sweetspot is 15.2-17.32 and I win both games. But if I have to choose, I obviously go with the second one, I have money on it and my record could use it.

Wilson scores 15.16, and I lose in the money league by 0.04 points.

.04 IS THE SAME AS 1 FUCKING PASSING YARD

SO FUFFFUFUFDCKCCKDKD CLOSE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASKLDHGLA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)