Some sort of Egg 'RNG' Abuse (Read the first post!)

Used a pair of braixen as test parents. Noticed the randomized IV was attack so used two protean froakie parents that had the right distribution of the rest of the stats, the baby came out with 4IV's... AND it had torrent when the baby fennekin had magician.

Weird, it worked perfectly when I used gyara/carvahna as test parents and used 50/50 babies

Edit: just did a charmander ( I saved before I put the froakie pair in ) and it had the exact same distribution as the froakie pair... this is bizarre

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
is this method locked nature too? or just IVs? thx. <3
Theoretically, the nature can be controlled this way I believe. But you're better off just using an Everstone, since an Everstone-holding parent is guaranteed to pass its nature to the offspring (The other parent should hold a Destiny Knot, of course).

We haven't got consistent information about the shininess. Is the shininess locked when you use this method?

Also, is this method any good when you breed with flawless parents? From what we understand it is faster to spam eggs that way.

This isn't enough to conclude anything. Mom Pokemon have a 60% chance of passing their ability to the child, with a 40% chance of the child having Non-hidden ability 1 or Non-hidden ability 2 (effectively an 80% chance for non-hidden ability, 60% chance for hidden ability to pass from mom to child).

Its possible the egg seed you landed on is an ability inheritance seed, hence why Sap Sipper Goomy produced Sap Sipper and Hydration Goomy produced Hydration. To test this you would need a Gooey Goomy (hidden ability is Gooey). If the offspring is not Gooey, then it is a non-inheritance seed, and if it is Gooey it IS an inheritance seed; if its non-inheritance you can determine which ability you will end up with.

Its something that will need to be tested for.
I just test this, now using a Gooey Sligoo it produced a Hydration Goomie , btw i know that they're not going to produce a Gooey Goomie because when i lock the egg, the egg come with a normal ability (using a Moxie Gyarados+Ditto) and as i posted before HA egg only comes when u previously lock a HA egg, which wasnt this case, i hope that this help in some way.

Also, is this method any good when you breed with flawless parents? From what we understand it is faster to spam eggs that way.
Not sure what you mean. Are you talking about both parents having 6IV? In that case, you're better off using the standard method.

Can someone make a guide on youtube or something so this is a little easier to understand? Then add it to the original post. (If there has been one made and I missed it in the comment sorry)

Hmmm, I think I've got this, but let me confirm it.

1. Put some Random Pokemon with random IVs in the DayCare.
2. Reject Egg.
3. Save
4. Load another egg, hatch it, continue to check IVs later on.
5. Reset.

At this point, I know what IVs are inherited by the Mother / Father, let's just say Attack, Speed, and Defense from the father, and Sp. Defense, HP from the mother.

If I put a Female Charmander with 31 HP and Special Defense, and a Father Charmander with 31 Attack, speed, and Defense into the Daycare, get the egg, hatch it.

Does this mean I will receive a Charmander with 31/31/31/x/31/31?

Hmmm, I think I've got this, but let me confirm it.

1. Put some Random Pokemon with random IVs in the DayCare.
2. Reject Egg.
3. Save
4. Load another egg, hatch it, continue to check IVs later on.
5. Reset.

At this point, I know what IVs are inherited by the Mother / Father, let's just say Attack, Speed, and Defense from the father, and Sp. Defense, HP from the mother.

If I put a Female Charmander with 31 HP and Special Defense, and a Father Charmander with 31 Attack, speed, and Defense into the Daycare, get the egg, hatch it.

Does this mean I will receive a Charmander with 31/31/31/x/31/31?
If your test subjects have the same Male/Female Ratio as your desired baby, yes.

Again, rejecting the egg is NOT necessary. The RN is ALWAYS locked. You only have to reject/get an egg if you want to randomize the offspring (I.e: you don't like the one you're getting).

If your test subjects have the same Male/Female Ratio as your desired baby, yes.
So, Eevee would work, correct? I want to use Eevees to get the egg, but I want the breed a Perfect Charmander.

So, re-evaluation of my post.

1. Put Eevees (I know the IVs of both) Into the DayCare.

2. Reject First Egg, Save.

3. Get 2nd egg, hatch it, find out the IVs it inherited. From Mom, Speed, Defense. From Dad, Attack, HP, Sp. Defense.

4. Soft Reset.

5. Replace the Eevees with Charmanders. (Eevee and Charmander have the same Male / Female Ratio, 87.5 M / 12.5 F. With Dad having 31 IVS in Attack, HP, Sp. Def. Mom having Speed and Defense.

6. Egg should be Charmander with 31/31/31/x/31/31 Correct?

It seems to be this doesn't work with genderless pokes at all ... ( To inconsistent ). If it worked with genderless pokes, I should have a perfect Rotom right now. My theory is that I must of messed up the method when I changed the Knot and Stone to opposite genders. Will test after posting this.

Stats of Karps, they are both hardy to it's easier to understand their stats at 50.

Female@Everstone HP, 85 | ATTACK, 16 | DEFENSE, 70 | SPECIAL ATTACK, 26 | SPECIAL DEFENSE, 27 | SPEED, 94
Male@Desinty Knot HP 93 | ATTACK, 16 | DEFENSE, 74 | SPECIAL ATTACK, 35 | SPECIAL DEFENSE, 30 | SPEED, 92

Stats from the the baby Karp

HP 85 | ATTACK, WILD | DEFENSE, 70 | SPECIAL ATTACK, 35 | SPECIAL DEFENSE, 30 | SPEED, 94

So that's a F/X/F/M/M/F Pass down.

My Rotom is 31/x/x/31/31/31 and my Ditto is 31/x/31/x/x/31
I then put them both into daycare.

Rotom@Everstone
Ditto@Destiny Knot

The result was a 31/x/x/31/31/31. If this method worked the way it was suppose to, my Rotom would be 31/x/31/31/31/31.

Last edited:
Just tested my theory, I still got the same result. So yeah, this has definitely got to be inconsistent with genderless pokes. I will now try a different set of non genderless pokes to see if I get the F/X/F/M/M/F pass down.

K Just tried different set of non-genderless parents. And as I thought I got the F/X/F/M/M/F pass down. Sucks this doesn't work for genderless :(.

Last edited:

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So, Eevee would work, correct? I want to use Eevees to get the egg, but I want the breed a Perfect Charmander.

So, re-evaluation of my post.

1. Put Eevees (I know the IVs of both) Into the DayCare.

2. Reject First Egg, Save.

3. Get 2nd egg, hatch it, find out the IVs it inherited. From Mom, Speed, Defense. From Dad, Attack, HP, Sp. Defense.

4. Soft Reset.

5. Replace the Eevees with Charmanders. (Eevee and Charmander have the same Male / Female Ratio, 87.5 M / 12.5 F. With Dad having 31 IVS in Attack, HP, Sp. Def. Mom having Speed and Defense.

6. Egg should be Charmander with 31/31/31/x/31/31 Correct?
I'd use a different 87.5/12.5 ratio mon, since Eevee takes forever to hatch. But yeah, this is what you should do.

Should I rebreed my scizor if it has 4 perfect ivs leaving out spe attack and def not maxed? Def has 29 ivs btw. Willit make any difference at all? I feel like rebreeding it and using another one. Could I get some advice on what to do? Im kinda new to breeding and all.

That video on YouTube checked out, however, the recoder relied on the IV checker in Kiloude to determined IV's, instead of using a calculator. If still does a great job of explaining things though.

I recommend that the people who don't understand this method check it out.

That video on YouTube checked out, however, the recoder relied on the IV checker in Kiloude to determined IV's, instead of using a calculator. If still does a great job of explaining things though.

I recommend that the people who don't understand this method check it out.
Once everyone knows how to do it, it's gonna be pretty much pointless to trade around.

Once everyone knows how to do it, it's gonna be pretty much pointless to trade around.
Not really, because the method is still tedious, and there will always be lazy people who would rather trade what they have for what they want.

Just tested my theory, I still got the same result. So yeah, this has definitely got to be inconsistent with genderless pokes. I will now try a different set of non genderless pokes to see if I get the F/X/F/M/M/F pass down.

K Just tried different set of non-genderless parents. And as I thought I got the F/X/F/M/M/F pass down. Sucks this doesn't work for genderless :(.
I'll address this to everyone in the thread...

This does work for genderless pokes, HOWEVER, the scouting/test pair has to be genderless as well. so....use magnemites and dittos to accomplish this or do like I did for Rotom and just use a rotom and a ditto then switch to a set of each have line up once you find a favorable spread.

I'll address this to everyone in the thread...

This does work for genderless pokes, HOWEVER, the scouting/test pair has to be genderless as well. so....use magnemites and dittos to accomplish this or do like I did for Rotom and just use a rotom and a ditto then switch to a set of each have line up once you find a favorable spread.
Holy shit, you mean instead of using Magickarps, use Magnemites and dittos ? I mean, that's nice, but wouldn't you be better off breeding normally when it comes down to genderless pokes ?

Does it work for the opposite gender ratios? Could I use Miltank as a test parent for Tyrogue? Or for Rotom? Because that would REALLY help. Someone test this.

In that case, I would recommend parents that are all in the Field Egg Group, rather than based on their number of egg cycles, in order to require only ONE "perfect" 31/31/31/0/0/0 father.

0:1 Mother: Miltank
1:3 Mother: Snubbull
1:1 Mother: Pachirisu
7:1 Mother: Eevee

All four of these have two abilities and an available Hidden Ability.

In that case, I would also recommend breeding multiples of the father so you can trade them away, and also breeding a father whose IVs are identical to the mothers' so you can breed mothers to trade away. Getting that Eevee would probably be a pain though.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)