Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried a forum search but I couldn't find it there, so I'll try here.

Is there a thread or a guide somewhere that can tell me the location of all the wild berry trees and their respective colours?

well I might have a real dumb question but say my honchkrow has a taught move like sucker punch and I breed it, is it possible that my murkrow will have it as well? Just wondering with bp/taught moves from other generations like a treecko with thunderpunch

well I might have a real dumb question but say my honchkrow has a taught move like sucker punch and I breed it, is it possible that my murkrow will have it as well? Just wondering with bp/taught moves from other generations like a treecko with thunderpunch
Tutor moves do not pass down unless they are also egg or TM moves for the offspring.

What happens when you have +5 viable egg moves between parents? Are only 4 passed on at all, or are the extra's only available through move reminder?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
What happens when you have +5 viable egg moves between parents? Are only 4 passed on at all, or are the extra's only available through move reminder?
You can only pass 4 moves.

TheMantyke tested this. Males moves are passed down first, then the females moves override those in the same way the daycare would.

So Daddy can pass down moves A and B and mum passes down C D E Child gets B C D E (Assuming it can have them as moves).

You can only pass 4 moves.

TheMantyke tested this. Males moves are passed down first, then the females moves override those in the same way the daycare would.

So Daddy can pass down moves A and B and mum passes down C D E Child gets B C D E (Assuming it can have them as moves).
Yeah I checked myself just now and came back to say that. Thanks.

Asking the following again:
Is there really no way to access your Battle Box when a friend/acquaintance challenges you to a battle over the internet?
Also, I'm trying to breed an HP Ice Alakazam under the unfortunate circumstance of currently having no access to another 30 speed IV human-like Pokemon. So far, I've managed to breed two Timid Magic Guard Abras with a spread of 31/31/31/31/31/28. Are these ultimately worth using, or should I keep trying my luck for that 30 speed IV? Put another way, are there any specific threats that I wouldn't outspeed given the 2-point IV difference (aside from other Alakazam, of course)?

Edit: Just got another one with 28 Speed. AAHHH.

Double Edit: OK, never mind about the Abra. Finally got one with 30 speed, and oh is he beautiful.

Last edited:
Asking the following again:

Also, I'm trying to breed an HP Ice Alakazam under the unfortunate circumstance of currently having no access to another 30 speed IV human-like Pokemon. So far, I've managed to breed two Timid Magic Guard Abras with a spread of 31/31/31/31/31/28. Are these ultimately worth using, or should I keep trying my luck for that 30 speed IV? Put another way, are there any specific threats that I wouldn't outspeed given the 2-point IV difference (aside from other Alakazam, of course)?

Edit: Just got another one with 28 Speed. AAHHH.
Alakazam has 120 base speed. So does Dugtrio, which will outspeed you. Hawlucha has 118 base speed... With an IV of 28, you should still outspeed it by one point at level 100. At level 50 you might tie, I didn't calc the stats. Everything else you should outspeed still.

Alakazam has 120 base speed. So does Dugtrio, which will outspeed you. Hawlucha has 118 base speed... With an IV of 28, you should still outspeed it by one point at level 100. At level 50 you might tie, I didn't calc the stats. Everything else you should outspeed still.
That pretty much what I was thinking, yeah. Even if I was going for a 31 speed Alakazam, there would still be the issue of Dugtrio using Sucker Punch so that was always a lost cause. Other than the moles, both Arceus and Sceptile have 120 base speed, and given that the former is banned to Ubers while the latter is rarely used in the higher tiers the only real issue (unboosted-wise) is an opposing Alakazam. Plus, even had I opted to go for the Mega Alakazam route, the only notable unboosted threat I see is Mega Aerodactyl which won't likely be one of the more common megas, anyway.

Regarding scarf-mons, I noticed that 28 speed timid Alakazam still outpaces jolly scarf-tar. That's cool. Not sure if anything notable between base 61 speed and base 74 speed would commonly run scarf/neutral-nature/max speed EVs/IVs. At least, nothing outside of Tyrantrum which 28 speed Alakazam still outspeeds.

In any case, I think I would have been pretty safe running 28 speed Alakazam had I not just hatched a 30 speed one.

Your first three pokemon will win the game for you, run anything you want. One of the fossil 'mons is fun, and you get it for free.

Lately I've been trying to do the Celebi Egg Glitch in Gold, but I've been having trouble getting a bad clone. (A couple of times I got a level 255 clone, but I tried it; it doesn't work). Since I don't have access to Pokemon Stadium 2, what's the best way to get the bad clone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)