Other 6th Gen Pokemon UU Candidate Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rain is the BEST weather to use just because it doesn't have negative effects for any pokemon besides halving the power of fire moves and just help a lot of pokemon to be strong enough to be viable in OU like Toxicroak... Of course, the nerf does hurt some pokès that relies on recovery just because eight turns are not enough, but are at the same time more than enough to almost sweep a complete team with an offensive water pokemon... Also, now the weather wars aren't going to be as exhausting as before, which means that you can still use effectively your team even if your Politoed got kicked early...

To conclude i just think that Weather is going to change just to adapt the new conditions of the metagame and isn't going to be as used as before just because a weather team is going to need a lot more brain to use it than before...

There is no chance Politoed will stay in OU.
Really? I actually think it's very likely be be OU. Maybe not in the first tier list update, but I really do think it'll climb back into OU eventually. Drizzle is still an amazing ability. People are over-estimating the nerf, and thinking the ability is now useless.

It's not just Politoed, there's numerous Pokemon (like some Uber drop-downs) which are getting quite low usage atm, but I'm sure will end up OU when all is said and done.

Politoed will be OU for sure, Rain Still is an amazing weather, especially now that Swift Swim + Drizzle are allowed and the new abusers in OU (Namely Manaphy and Goodra.)

The irony in this is that not only does Jellicent wall Suicune, but it CroCune cannot possibly damage Jellicent even at +6. Jelli just has far too much utility to justify using defensive Suicune or Milotic over it. Vaporeon at least has Wish as a reason to be used over Jellicent.
If Suicine opts to run Rest, Sleep Talk, Scald, and Calm Mind, it can pressure stall standard Jellicent. If Suicine forgoes Sleep Talk for a coverage move due to the new sleep mechanics, it would be able to run something like Rest, Calm Mind, Scald, HP Grass/Electric, thus effectively defeating Jellicent 1v1. Jellicent was great as a stall breaker/spin-blocker. Suicine does not perform either of these duties, please stop embarrassing yourself.

Also, Politoed won't drop to UU. Rain is still ridiculous. If anyone who played 5th gen UU, rain was one of the dominant play-styles towards the end on the suspect ladder. Swift Swim + Rain Boosted Surf's and Hydro's were ridiculous. Its primary abuser, Kingdra, has the stats, movepool, and typing necessary to just poop on lives. Although rain is limited to 5-8 turns, one has to remember one doesn't have to waste a turn actually setting up rain if you pair Politoed up with a Wish User, such as Umbreon or the likes.

As for the other weathers, I could see Ninetails dropping, but I wouldn't care if Hail were also in UU (as is in 5th gen).

For Dragons, Mence and Hax are really, really good. I don't see why these two shouldn't go to BL, but personally, I think they should drop to UU, since each generation the tiers have only gotten stronger and stronger with the addition of new pokes (Keldeo for OU, Manaphy for Ubers), so I would see UU shifting towards what OU was like in the beginning of 5th gen. Just my 2 quid

If Suicine opts to run Rest, Sleep Talk, Scald, and Calm Mind, it can pressure stall standard Jellicent. If Suicine forgoes Sleep Talk for a coverage move due to the new sleep mechanics, it would be able to run something like Rest, Calm Mind, Scald, HP Grass/Electric, thus effectively defeating Jellicent 1v1. Jellicent was great as a stall breaker/spin-blocker. Suicine does not perform either of these duties, please stop embarrassing yourself.

Also, Politoed won't drop to UU. Rain is still ridiculous. If anyone who played 5th gen UU, rain was one of the dominant play-styles towards the end on the suspect ladder. Swift Swim + Rain Boosted Surf's and Hydro's were ridiculous. Its primary abuser, Kingdra, has the stats, movepool, and typing necessary to just poop on lives. Although rain is limited to 5-8 turns, one has to remember one doesn't have to waste a turn actually setting up rain if you pair Politoed up with a Wish User, such as Umbreon or the likes.

As for the other weathers, I could see Ninetails dropping, but I wouldn't care if Hail were also in UU (as is in 5th gen).

For Dragons, Mence and Hax are really, really good. I don't see why these two shouldn't go to BL, but personally, I think they should drop to UU, since each generation the tiers have only gotten stronger and stronger with the addition of new pokes (Keldeo for OU, Manaphy for Ubers), so I would see UU shifting towards what OU was like in the beginning of 5th gen. Just my 2 quid
I never said Jellicent could beat Suicune 1 vs 1. It can, however, Taunt it as it uses Rest, preventing it from doing anything until it wakes up, and then switch to something that can beat it 1 vs 1 or something that can phaze it. I also never said that Jellicent beats HP Electric or Grass Suicune, because it obviously doesn't. And when did I say that Jellicent wasn't a stallbreaker or a spinblocker, or that Suicune was? My entire point was that Jellicent does have defensive utility that other bulky waters don't, so the only reason to run Milotic or Suicune over Jellicent would be offensive sets (or Dragon Tail, in Milotic's case).

Edit: Would you look at that, Jellicent is on the initial UU list. So much for "statistically not going to drop from OU".

Last edited:
Magnemite, did you not read your quote? "The irony in this is that not only does Jellicent wall Suicune, but it CroCune cannot possibly damage Jellicent even at +6. Jelli just has far too much utility to justify using defensive Suicune or Milotic over it."

CroCune from 5th gen was Rest, Sleep Talk, Scald, and Calm Mind. In 6th gen, I am suspecting it to be Rest, Scald, HP Grass/Electric, and Calm Mind due to the new sleep mechanics. You are saying Jellicent essentially outclasses Suicine in terms of being a bulky water, but what you fail to realize is that Jellicent is primarily a spin-blocker or stall breaker, NOT a bulky water: http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/jellicent

You do realize Suicine outspeeds Jellicent naturally? And that Suicine can run speed to outpace Jellicent, right? When Suicine is resting, what can Jellicent do? Scald it to death? Perhaps use Recover over and over again? Effective strategy m8, tell me more.

The only 2 reasons to use Jellicent over every better bulky water in UU are: Recover and it's ghost typing. Other than that, Suicine fulfills every role Jellicent can do, but simply better.
Jellicent cannot stomach hits that well, due to it's terrible defense stat and average HP/Special Defense. Pokemon will Virizion will still shit on both Suicine and Jellicent, but unlike Jellicent, Suicine can actually take a +2 Leaf Blade and phase or attack it. Jellicent will get OHK'd.

EVEN if these arguments do not get through to you, Jellicent is statistically not going to drop from OU because of the last usage percentage, so there was literally no point in bringing it up. That's equivalent to me saying Rotom-W should drop to UU even though it's above the cut-off. Please look at the stats before you try to make your arguments. You can speculate all you want, but if it's above that UU cut-off, it ain't dropping sonny.

The advantage of Diggersby is those immunities against two common attacking types (Ghost and Electric) and also have enough base speed to outspeed most walls without a lot of investment...also Noivern is probably going to be RU since Salamence, Kingdra, Flygon and Haxorus (if they are UU as the usage indicates) are more effective as Dragon Types...
No chance Noivern will be any lower than UU. It's a fairly good revenge killer, one that plays differently from the other dragons. Not to mention it's still one of the better 'mons for Draco spamming (it still works, just not broken anymore).

97 SAtk isn't great, but Noivern has a massive special move pool that it can make good use of, but I think its biggest potential lies in being a support/utility 'mon rather than a purely offensive one. It has moves like Taunt, U-Turn, Switcheroo, Tailwind, all moves it can use to great effect because of its blistering speed. Noivern from the looks of things will be more than OU viable, but will be a very good UU option at the very least.

Magnemite, did you not read your quote? "The irony in this is that not only does Jellicent wall Suicune, but it CroCune cannot possibly damage Jellicent even at +6. Jelli just has far too much utility to justify using defensive Suicune or Milotic over it."

CroCune from 5th gen was Rest, Sleep Talk, Scald, and Calm Mind. In 6th gen, I am suspecting it to be Rest, Scald, HP Grass/Electric, and Calm Mind due to the new sleep mechanics. You are saying Jellicent essentially outclasses Suicine in terms of being a bulky water, but what you fail to realize is that Jellicent is primarily a spin-blocker or stall breaker, NOT a bulky water: http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/jellicent

You do realize Suicine outspeeds Jellicent naturally? And that Suicine can run speed to outpace Jellicent, right? When Suicine is resting, what can Jellicent do? Scald it to death? Perhaps use Recover over and over again? Effective strategy m8, tell me more.

The only 2 reasons to use Jellicent over every better bulky water in UU are: Recover and it's ghost typing. Other than that, Suicine fulfills every role Jellicent can do, but simply better.
Jellicent cannot stomach hits that well, due to it's terrible defense stat and average HP/Special Defense. Pokemon will Virizion will still shit on both Suicine and Jellicent, but unlike Jellicent, Suicine can actually take a +2 Leaf Blade and phase or attack it. Jellicent will get OHK'd.
Christ you're still as annoying as you were back in April.

Anyways, Jellicent handily has access to Shadow Ball (and Energy Ball, right Somalia?), which can offset Special Defense boosts brought about by Calm Mind. As infrequent as that may be, you're asleep for at least two turns, or switching out and potentially taking hazards damage. You're not boosting while your asleep if you forgo Sleep Talk. Simply put, both Pokemon have their niches, and I'd argue that Jellicent is the better of the two, not because of bulk, but its overall utility and handy resistances to Normal- and Fighting-type attacks. In a metagame where shit like Heracross and Mienshao are dropping Close Combats and Hi Jump Kicks left, right, and center, Ghost-typing is pretty handy most of the time.

EVEN if these arguments do not get through to you, Jellicent is statistically not going to drop from OU because of the last usage percentage, so there was literally no point in bringing it up. That's equivalent to me saying Rotom-W should drop to UU even though it's above the cut-off. Please look at the stats before you try to make your arguments. You can speculate all you want, but if it's above that UU cut-off, it ain't dropping sonny.
This part of your post, I find to be rather, uhh, wrong. My issue with them is with what I've gone and bolded. Using what kokoloko has planned for XY UU (you wouldn't know, IS stuff), we most likely won't see anything resembling UU until March / April (January if we're super lucky). By then, Jellicent may very well be below the cutoff (and even if it was last time the stats were released, it hypothetically would have dropped anyways). The speculate part is highlighted in sight of the arrogant remark at the end of your post; this is a speculation thread, and to speculate that Jellicent may drop isn't a wild statement with little to no chance of happening. Calling Magnemite out on it and telling him that doing so is wrong is just ignorant. Especially when nothing is set to drop for a few months anyways. A lot can happen in that time.

Rotom-W was a poor example anyways, seeing that it has zero chance of dropping. Saying something like Noivern or something much closer to the cutoff, but in no danger of dropping, would have probably worked better.

Last edited:

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No chance Noivern will be any lower than UU. It's a fairly good revenge killer, one that plays differently from the other dragons.
Yeah, Noivern will probably be UU. It's faster than pretty much the entire unscarfed tier, which is a great advantage. Completely wrecks non-scarfed Fighting-types (although Scarf is a massive problem for it) and would just be too overwhelming for RU. The only ice-type it really has to fear is Weavile, which can easily be dealt with otherwise. Not necessarily an easy Pokemon to revenge kill.

Won't be a top-tier threat, though. It's a little outclassed, both as an offensive threat and a supporter (Crobat will probably end up in UU and can do nearly everything Noivern can do, support-wise). Still, if you want a more powerful and momentum-gaining Crobat, Noivern seems good.
It really all depends on whether Haxorus will drop to UU or stay stuck in BL. (Salamence might also drop but I doubt it. If it does, Noivern will not get much usage)

Last edited:
On the topic of rain.
Rain dance was really good for UU in gen V, with all the swift swimmers being really strong. And tbh, Politoed is a shit mon (having no merits outside of drizzle), so it's not much better than just running rain dance Azelf (who can even set up rocks and explode for momentum).

And with the hydro pump and surf nerfs, as well as the potential for a bunch of dragons to drop (water resist...), as well as Ninetales bringing sun down, I really doubt rain would be broken in Gen 6 UU as people seem to think.

I can see politoed dropping like a brick, maybe even past UU. Five turns of weather just isn't that much, and unlike ninetales, politoed doesn't really have any big ways to take advantage of the weather it brings. Though ninetales might drop to UU as well.
You've never used SpecsToed, have you? One of the strongest Hydro Pumps in OU.

Mammoswine and Cloyster are both Pokemon that just cannot survive in metagames where every team has talonflame, megamaw and megacario.
Both of these are still more than viable, and especially Mamoswine. He is as good as ever with the best offensive typing in the game.

With ghosts now immune to trapping abilities, dugtrio might drop to UU. It's another Pokemon that I suspect can't keep up with newer threats.
Dugtrio doesn't lose much. The only ghosts he could potentially trap would be Gengar (but levitate), Jellicent (why would you do that?), Treve/Gourg (again, why?), Sableye (why?)...

No chance Noivern will be any lower than UU. It's a fairly good revenge killer, one that plays differently from the other dragons. Not to mention it's still one of the better 'mons for Draco spamming (it still works, just not broken anymore).

97 SAtk isn't great, but Noivern has a massive special move pool that it can make good use of, but I think its biggest potential lies in being a support/utility 'mon rather than a purely offensive one. It has moves like Taunt, U-Turn, Switcheroo, Tailwind, all moves it can use to great effect because of its blistering speed. Noivern from the looks of things will be more than OU viable, but will be a very good UU option at the very least.
I don't really think that Noivern is going to be UU for a lot of time since if Salamence and Hax Drops to UU, i'm pretty sure that Noivern isn't going to get enough usage with those Crobat running rampage trough UU... I'm not saying that Noivern is a bad pokémon at all, since you can use let's say Jynx or Galvantula in VGen OU and have nice results but sadly they never got enough usage... I don't know if somebody takes my point... XD

Chatot has a good chance of moving up with STAB Boomburst coming off 92 SpA, as well as Nasty Plot to boost it further. While maybe not UU material, it will almost definitely reach RU.

So... Call me crazy, but with Galvantula being what appears to be the OU sticky webber it might not end up being available to use in UU. With, as it's been stated earlier, all the grounded game in UU sticky web is a hell of a lot more threatening (which further justifies Galvantula in OU). With Galvantula unavailable, competition for UU's go to webber is a fight between Kricketune, Leavanny, Masquerain, Shuckle, Ariados and of course Smeargle. All of them NU.

With Kricketune and Ariados being horrifying choices and eviolite Swadloon having never been a thing, even by NU standards without sticky web, that leaves us with 4 contenders, all with something unique besides throwing out webs.

Leavanny:
With 103 attack and 92 speed and just below average 75/80/80 defenses, Leavanny's stats are passable. It's movepool is not so great, but it has aerial ace, steel wing, shadow claw, knock off and poison jab for coverage of its grass and bug stabs. Sun teams could use it thanks to Chlorophyll and Swarm provides a very threatening X-scissor, overcoat isn't even unreasonable with hail or sandstorm teams especially if using a focus sash. What truly makes Leavanny dangerous is the rest of its support movepool, dual screens, magic coat, heal bell, knock off, synthesis and baton pass (agility, swords dance, calm mind, iron defence...).
Leavanny can threaten X-scissor on Slowbro, Meloetta-A and Umbreon and can threaten knock off on the eviolite mons Gligar and Duskclops, it has a speed tie with unscarfed Krookodile (which is unlikely really) and threatens its stabs and if we're really fishing for options Shaymin lacking Airslash/Hidden Power.

Masquerain:
Something that differentiates Masquerain from the rest of the bug/flying clutter is that Masquerain can baton pass quiver dance, a status shared only with Venomoth and Smeargle, neither of which have a ground immunity. Aside from baton passing, Masquerain's intimidate provides the perfect ability for getting a free turn. With a weird movepool that has access to water moves, Masquerain can further cripple physical attackers with Scald. Alas bug/flying is kind of awful defensively and no amount of roosting can save you from the horror of 70/62/82 defences. To put the final nail in the coffin, Masquerain's speed is a horrifying base 60 and even if it does manage to hit something 60/80 attacking stats won't leave a big mark. Even so, Masquerain has plenty of benefits, so sticky web may just be the boon it needs to shine.

Shuckle:
If you aren't scared of being setup fodder, 20/230/230 defences as well as sturdy practically guarantees a sticky web. With Stealth Rock also in its movepool it can be a significant boon to any team. But unfortunately shuckle doesn't do much. Just sits there being Shuckle. Using Contrary and Shell Smash to be incredibly aggravating. While Leavanny and Masquerain provide offensive threat to the team, Shuckle... Exists. Unlike the other webbers, Shuckle can actually make use of its recovery thanks to its insane defence.

Smeargle:
The biggest support movepool in the game. I still see him used as a suicide lead these days and he does indeed run sticky web. There's, not an awful lot I can say here.

I really see Smeargle going down to UU when the metagame stabilizes and also Leavanny being UU because they are pretty good at doing the Sticky Web thing (especially if Ninetales drop to UU, which makes Leavanny really fast and strong)... Then Ariados and Masquerain should be RU and sadly Shuckle should be NU again, being used in upper tiers only in teams that needs to ENSURE the Sticky Web support, maybe with Sturdy and Mental Herb...

Also, Masquerain needs some speed investment because 60 base speed is just sad... At least Scald+Intimidate should help to setup not only Sticky Web but some Quiver Dances as well...

Christ you're still as annoying as you were back in April.

Anyways, Jellicent handily has access to Shadow Ball (and Energy Ball, right Somalia?), which can offset Special Defense boosts brought about by Calm Mind. As infrequent as that may be, you're asleep for at least two turns, or switching out and potentially taking hazards damage. You're not boosting while your asleep if you forgo Sleep Talk. Simply put, both Pokemon have their niches, and I'd argue that Jellicent is the better of the two, not because of bulk, but its overall utility and handy resistances to Normal- and Fighting-type attacks. In a metagame where shit like Heracross and Mienshao are dropping Close Combats and Hi Jump Kicks left, right, and center, Ghost-typing is pretty handy most of the time.

This part of your post, I find to be rather, uhh, wrong. My issue with them is with what I've gone and bolded. Using what kokoloko has planned for XY UU (you wouldn't know, IS stuff), we most likely won't see anything resembling UU until March / April (January if we're super lucky). By then, Jellicent may very well be below the cutoff (and even if it was last time the stats were released, it hypothetically would have dropped anyways). The speculate part is highlighted in sight of the arrogant remark at the end of your post; this is a speculation thread, and to speculate that Jellicent may drop isn't a wild statement with little to no chance of happening. Calling Magnemite out on it and telling him that doing so is wrong is just ignorant. Especially when nothing is set to drop for a few months anyways. A lot can happen in that time.

Rotom-W was a poor example anyways, seeing that it has zero chance of dropping. Saying something like Noivern or something much closer to the cutoff, but in no danger of dropping, would have probably worked better.
Ask if I give a flying fuck about your opinion. gg

bann me koko LELLELE

I can see Galvantula and Smeargle dropping to UU (Yes, that sounds so weird, those two DROPPING to UU). I think we're still in new toy phase, and people are just trying to play around with Sticky Web. The suicide Galvantula/Smeargles I see tend to not do that much. You play the game 5v6, supposedly with a Sticky Web advantage but a lot of Defoggers are unaffected by Sticky Web. And what is Sticky Web trying to support? Slow attackers that can't hope to outspeed many of the defoggers

I think Galvantula would be nice in UU. Last gen it was usable but mostly inferior to the other electrics. With Jolteon possibly joining UU, that's gonna be another electric that Galvantula is gonna be worse than. It trades some power for the ability to use Sticky Web, and for many, that trade-off will be worth it. If people are willing to just play 5v6 with Sticky Web, then Galvantula will thrive in a tier where it actually has a use outside of just dying on Turn 2. I have hopes that Galvantula's OU usage will cool down

The Sticky Webber that I've used is Shuckle. I had a set of Stealth Rocks/Encore/Toxic/Sticky Web. If I have Rocks elsewhere, I would replace SR with Knock Off. It can come in multiple times throughout the match and set hazards. It can spread Toxics, though that's pretty easy to play around. Knock Off should make this set a lot better at just disrupting and annoying the opposing team. It's complete Taunt bait (Knock Off Deo-S Focus Sash... lol) but setup sweepers can't come in and just set up on it. Contrary is a cool ability, but unfortunately Shuckle does practically nothing with it, aside from gaining the random Def/SDef boosts from taking Shadow Balls, Crunch, Psychic etc. Theoretically, it can come in on a Defog to get an evasion boost, or come in on Sticky Web to get a speed boost, but I feel Shuckle doesn't do much with those boosts (lol speed boost). As others have said, it kinda... sits there doing nothing and I often switch it out, not utilizing those hilarious boosts

Shuckle is gonna have a tough time even in UU. It has bad matchups against Empoleon and especially bad against Crobat with Taunt. Despite its monstrous bulk, it doesn't do quite enough to justify a spot on the majority of teams. I'm still gonna use it though as its one of my top 3 fav pokemon.

You've never used SpecsToed, have you? One of the strongest Hydro Pumps in OU.
That'll be an interesting trade-off that this rain nerf will bring. Do I put an item on Toed to make it more useful, or do I make a bad Politoed that allows Kingdra more rain turns to wreck stuff? Perhaps people will go with Politoed outside of rain abusing teams and have Politoed just wreck stuff using its own rain.

Choice Specs Politoed hits harder than Mega Charizard Y. It was a popular set in last gen's OU, and mostly, SpecsToed was not used on dedicated Rain teams. I can only imagine how UU would cope with that.

Some calcs:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Politoed Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Dusclops in Rain: 138-163 (48.5 - 57.3%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Politoed Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2 in Rain: 172-204 (45.9 - 54.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Politoed Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gourgeist-Large in Rain: 149-176 (42 - 49.7%) -- 28.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Politoed Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Ferroseed in Rain: 91-108 (31.1 - 36.9%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Politoed Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-C in Rain: 162-192 (53.2 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Those are some of the bulkier resists and the two bulkiest non-resists in UU (Gourgeist-L is definitely UU because it's got basically nothing over Super Size). All I can say is, this is going to be frightening. Start running 252/252 Ferroseed people, you'll need it.

Choice Specs Politoed hits harder than Mega Charizard Y. It was a popular set in last gen's OU, and mostly, SpecsToed was not used on dedicated Rain teams. I can only imagine how UU would cope with that.

Some calcs:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Politoed Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Dusclops in Rain: 138-163 (48.5 - 57.3%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Politoed Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2 in Rain: 172-204 (45.9 - 54.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Politoed Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gourgeist-Large in Rain: 149-176 (42 - 49.7%) -- 28.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Politoed Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Ferroseed in Rain: 91-108 (31.1 - 36.9%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Politoed Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-C in Rain: 162-192 (53.2 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Those are some of the bulkier resists and the two bulkiest non-resists in UU (Gourgeist-L is definitely UU because it's got basically nothing over Super Size). All I can say is, this is going to be frightening. Start running 252/252 Ferroseed people, you'll need it.
Ferroseed is a shit mon lol; I don't think I'm going to be running that. It's not a reliable answer to specs Toed anyway, since it's just going to get worn down after repeated switchins because of its lack of lefties or reliable healing, and it has no way of actually threatening Toed outside of t-wave or leech seed.

I think Noivern will be UU because its power is so underwhelming and its speed isn't enough to not get revenge killed by Choice Scarfers. It's kinda weird, being that it's less powerful than most Specs/CB pokes but it's faster than almost all Specs/CB users but its not nearly as fast as Choice Scarfers bit it is more powerful than most Choice Scarfers. It's kinda like a weird middleground that doesn't make it particularly great at anything. Another thing that I think will happen is that I think Azumarill will be OU with its new typing and Diggersby will be UU because, although Diggersby does bring some other things to the table such as more speed(which is mot enough speed) and power, I think Azumarill's superior bulk and typing surpasses that of Diggersby, considering the particular role they both play on a team.
On the general subject of noivern; having access to switcheroo and being, (i think?) The fastest user of it or trick has to count for something.

It works extremely well in certain niches. Just seeing it on your team means your opponent will hesitate to use substitute, which means you can actually run frisk and get the benefit of infiltrator either way, since only ghost types cant still be hit with boomburst.

I've really lost interest in using the old dragons at this point, but noivyrn actually is a lot of fun. It pairs extremely well with whimsicott, and incinerate is actually a VERY good move to use alongside frisk.

I expect it to be the kinda pokemon that has a strategy page in every single tier from RU to ubers.

I can see Galvantula and Smeargle dropping to UU (Yes, that sounds so weird, those two DROPPING to UU). I think we're still in new toy phase, and people are just trying to play around with Sticky Web. The suicide Galvantula/Smeargles I see tend to not do that much. You play the game 5v6, supposedly with a Sticky Web advantage but a lot of Defoggers are unaffected by Sticky Web. And what is Sticky Web trying to support? Slow attackers that can't hope to outspeed many of the defoggers

I think Galvantula would be nice in UU. Last gen it was usable but mostly inferior to the other electrics. With Jolteon possibly joining UU, that's gonna be another electric that Galvantula is gonna be worse than. It trades some power for the ability to use Sticky Web, and for many, that trade-off will be worth it. If people are willing to just play 5v6 with Sticky Web, then Galvantula will thrive in a tier where it actually has a use outside of just dying on Turn 2. I have hopes that Galvantula's OU usage will cool down

The Sticky Webber that I've used is Shuckle. I had a set of Stealth Rocks/Encore/Toxic/Sticky Web. If I have Rocks elsewhere, I would replace SR with Knock Off. It can come in multiple times throughout the match and set hazards. It can spread Toxics, though that's pretty easy to play around. Knock Off should make this set a lot better at just disrupting and annoying the opposing team. It's complete Taunt bait (Knock Off Deo-S Focus Sash... lol) but setup sweepers can't come in and just set up on it. Contrary is a cool ability, but unfortunately Shuckle does practically nothing with it, aside from gaining the random Def/SDef boosts from taking Shadow Balls, Crunch, Psychic etc. Theoretically, it can come in on a Defog to get an evasion boost, or come in on Sticky Web to get a speed boost, but I feel Shuckle doesn't do much with those boosts (lol speed boost). As others have said, it kinda... sits there doing nothing and I often switch it out, not utilizing those hilarious boosts

Shuckle is gonna have a tough time even in UU. It has bad matchups against Empoleon and especially bad against Crobat with Taunt. Despite its monstrous bulk, it doesn't do quite enough to justify a spot on the majority of teams. I'm still gonna use it though as its one of my top 3 fav pokemon.

That'll be an interesting trade-off that this rain nerf will bring. Do I put an item on Toed to make it more useful, or do I make a bad Politoed that allows Kingdra more rain turns to wreck stuff? Perhaps people will go with Politoed outside of rain abusing teams and have Politoed just wreck stuff using its own rain.
Masquerain may not actually end up IN the UU tier but i expect to see it used there a lot. Even if galvantula isn't OU, it would do better than it in some situations.

Certain Pokemon, notably porygon-z, seem almost DESIGNED for sticky web support (more on that below) and masquerain has the advantage of having intimidate and potentially baton passing a quiver dance after webs, plus a few good options for an attack in the fourth slot like hydro pump or scald that will make any savvy opponent cautious to send in a rock type.

Sticky web works very well in what I assume will be UU. Porygon can run a newly unresisted and slightly buffed tribeam/discharge/darkpulse attack set with nasty plot without the need for agility, and still sweep.

Though the sending in of a defogger is somewhat inevitable, porygon is NOT the sort of thing you send a flying type in on lightly, especially if it got a download boost. A predicted defog often gives you a free turn to nasty plot and wreak utter havok.

Another Pokemon that I expect to still be UU but see a lot of OU usage is coffagrigrus. Like porygon, a whole bunch of small things (the new over reliance on abilities by megas that get ruined by mummy and hex's buff) plus access to toxic spikes make it quite powerful indeed.

Mummy is one hell of an ability This gen when compared to last with so many Pokemon running around like megamaw in ou and megakangaroo in ubers that are completely dependent on it. Both those Pokemon in particular are almost completely helpless against the mighty coffin if they run sucker punch over crunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)