Bleach Discussion Thread

I would assume he's still imprisoned since Bach didn't free him as Aizen declined his offer to join. Though who knows why he decided to play a mind trick on him to slightly alter his perception of time, it's weird to think Aizen would know some long-assumed dead Quincy king can only be out in the field for so long.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
I would assume he's still imprisoned since Bach didn't free him as Aizen declined his offer to join. Though who knows why he decided to play a mind trick on him to slightly alter his perception of time, it's weird to think Aizen would know some long-assumed dead Quincy king can only be out in the field for so long.
I still didn't get how he did it without his Zanpakto. Highly unlikely Bach has ever seen it in the past.

even so with it's disintegration, he shouldn't be able to trigger it's ability anymore.

EDIT: this is interesting: http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=437208

Last edited:

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I always assumed aizen had absorbed his zanpakuto spirit or something, so maybe he can kyoka suigetsu people that look at him or make eye contact

James is pretty broken, though surely there's a liimit to his boost...

So now we see his shikai, next is Quincy form, then new bankai, etc etc...this battle will be done by probably march at this rate. Unless he's weak enough to be killed by a shikai now.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Even Dragon Ball Z wasn't this bad.

this chapter was literally skimmable in 5 minutes. -_-"

I can't wait for this Luchador thing to end so that I can FINALLY see Urahara's Bankai(eventually somewhere in the war)!

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
...and the Superstar finally goes down. I loved the guy's design, don't get me wrong, but I want to see Renji and Rukia kick more Quincy ass. Kenpachi's newly awakened Zanpakutō is also something that I want to see in action.

Overall, this was a good chapter. We finally get an explanation of Ichibei Hyōsube's title (Monk of Perception) and why Renji wasn't as powerful as he is right now.

I guess next week we'll see if he's truly dead or if James' cheers is enough to resuscitate the superstar...

...yeah I hope he's dead so we can move on already. Still lame as shit the vizord couldn't deal with him, but Renji's true bankai looks decent. And Bonze's ability is finally revealed.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The backstory of Yhwach has creepy implications attached to it; it also explained the lettering system and provided a plausible reason for why Yhwach wanted Cang Du (Sternritter I of "The Iron") dead. Does this make him (Yhwach) a dark parallel of the Soul King? I think it does.

Overall, this was a good chapter.

Kinda interesting, Bach's background. Maybe that's why Yamamoto and the others couldn't kill him outright, because he lent his bits of soul out too much so he was just disabled for a thousand years.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
All of this brings a psychotic edge to the Quincies. What human would want to serve a king who basically wants you to die. The idea of a fragmented soul lends itself to the theory of sublimation; these Quincy have no inclination to abandon Ywach and are being fed lies that Hollows are pure evil. It also makes sense when you think about the Quincy eradication.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
Rather than lending his soul out too much, I think Yhwach went into limbo because he didn't lend his soul out to people. Assuming that old man Yama and Yhwach fought 1000 years ago, I think the old man injured him to the point where Yhwach couldn't fight, but rather spend his time recovering (hence his heartbeat recovering after 900 years, intellect after 90, and power after 9, as stated in his song), thus rendering him unable to give pieces of his soul out.

That wouldn't make sense though, as he'd be stuck in his whole blind/deaf state until someone touched him?

But when I meant lending out his soul too much (and it's my bad for not being clear enough), I meant that since so many people had fragments, he wouldn't be possible to kill conventionally because there's still some piece out there to reform him eventually. Bad example incoming, but kinda like Cell from DBZ, you have to kill and vaporize all of him to truly kill it, otherwise he can reform from a given fragment. So even if Bach was killed off, some bit of his soul out there was gifted to another, so he just took a thousand years to reform back slowly since he couldn't lend out as much. At least that's what I got from reading it and theorizing. So like you said, kind of a limbo state.

But who knows, hopefully we'll get a bit more history. Makes you wonder if he's even truly a Quincy since his powers are so dissimilar in a way.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So this week's chapter was a snoozer...still wont tell what's become of Byakuya either.
It'll be interesting to see if Rukia can actually beat someone by herself now.

my money is on no, she won't be able to.

Depends, Byakuya probably went through the whole training/unlocking stuff as well, so probably on par with more likely. Who knows though as he wasn't identified as one of the specials by Bach, heck we haven't seen him at all since he was unceremoniously dumped into the hot tub for that matter. And Ichigo is falling down to Seretei, so eh...who knows. Still waiting for Kenpachi to make an appearance, his will be epic and badass hopefully. Probably wont even need to use his new shikai/bankai initially.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)