Pokémon Pinsir

Status
Not open for further replies.
0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Pinsir: 186-218 (68.6 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-1 0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Pinsir: 122-146 (45 - 53.8%) -- 44.1% chance to 2HKO

Sure it does
i mean after Pinsir hits with close combat and gets -1 defense. and how the heck would pinsir lower skawmodore's attack?

EQ hits Heatran. That's it. And before you say that Skarmory walls me, I'm just going to say, CC doesn't land an OHKO, and Skarmory's brave bird OHKOes Pinsir at -1. So you're not getting past Skarmory anyway unless you're being stupid and running impish nature with 252 hp and 252 defense. Ciao.
You understand that +2 CC OHKOs Heatran anyway, right? Not every team has a Magnezone lol

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Feint's not entirely pointless, since at +2 it lets you OHKO Talonflame after Rocks.

+2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Feint vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 192-226 (64.6 - 76%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Personally I'd rather use Earthquake over CC since CC makes you way easier to revenge kill.

Feint's not entirely pointless, since at +2 it lets you OHKO Talonflame after Rocks.

+2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Feint vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 192-226 (64.6 - 76%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Personally I'd rather use Earthquake over CC since CC makes you way easier to revenge kill.
EQ helps me more I found, as I already have Rotom and Skarmory counters.
Also, correct me If I'm wrong, but don't most teams with Talon have Defogger/Spinner? Not many would people would switch in Talon with rocks up, unless they're real sure they can kill you, considering Feint is hardly seen on M-Pinsir.

It's also worth noting that Pinsir can almost always OHKO Rotom-W with Mold Breaker EQ at +2. I don't think I'd ever run Mold Breaker myself, though, because of the text that shows up and reveals it. Hyper Cutter is a lot more useful overall, IMO.

Last edited:
It's also worth noting that Pinsir can almost always OHKO Rotom-W with Mold Breaker EQ at +2. I don't think I'd ever run Mold Breaker myself, though, because of the text that shows up and reveals it. Hyper Cutter is a lot more useful overall, IMO.
Is there any other use for Mold Breaker on Pinsir? You're not mega, you have lower attack, and you don't have the best of speed, and you'd have to go for CC/EQ because Return/QA hits nothing for SE, and its not STAB.

Is there any other use for Mold Breaker on Pinsir? You're not mega, you have lower attack, and you don't have the best of speed, and you'd have to go for CC/EQ because Return/QA hits nothing for SE, and its not STAB.
You can hit Rotom-H too, and there's also like...Solid Rock and Filter from Rhyperior and Mega Aggron lol (but I think Mega Pinsir hits them roughly as hard as regular Pinsir with Mold Breaker anyway). Other than that, I don't think so, which is another reason why I'd never use it.

So sometimes I don't think SD is that necessary so I have been thinking about sub pinsir. In theory, it beats stall and does not have to take status and on things it threatens it can set it a sub so it can't be revenge killed with a sub. It's just smth I've been thinking about take this as a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Something of note
0- Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Pinsir: 168-198 (61.9 - 73%)
+2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 140-165 (41.9 - 49.4%) -- 25.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Granted, Skarmory is probably coming in when you SD so this may not be so important, but with just a tiny bit of prior damage or if Skarm has had lefties knocked off you 2HKO Skarm with +2 return, not even necessitating close combat to defeat it. Skarmory can't OHKO you with Brave Bird like it can when you get the defence drop from CC, so you don't need CC to beat Skarm at all.

Granted, you're still going to want to run CC for Rotom, balloontran/drill and Ttar, but if you're like super duper scared of physically defensive Doublade or some shit you can use Earthquake if you'd really like.

Edit:
Just realized that unless Skarm is switching into you while you're already at +2 and attacking it can just roost stall you anyway rather than Brave Birding you. So unless it's spdef skarm disregard busting through Skarmory with return.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Something of note
0- Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Pinsir: 168-198 (61.9 - 73%)
+2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 140-165 (41.9 - 49.4%) -- 25.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Granted, Skarmory is probably coming in when you SD so this may not be so important, but with just a tiny bit of prior damage or if Skarm has had lefties knocked off you 2HKO Skarm with +2 return, not even necessitating close combat to defeat it. Skarmory can't OHKO you with Brave Bird like it can when you get the defence drop from CC, so you don't need CC to beat Skarm at all.

Granted, you're still going to want to run CC for Rotom, balloontran/drill and Ttar, but if you're like super duper scared of physically defensive Doublade or some shit you can use Earthquake if you'd really like.

Edit:
Just realized that unless Skarm is switching into you while you're already at +2 and attacking it can just roost stall you anyway rather than Brave Birding you. So unless it's spdef skarm disregard busting through Skarmory with return.
If Skarmory is running Brave Bird there's really no reason to run Bold over Impish.

0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Pinsir: 186-218 (68.6 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Without a -Attack nature, Skarm has a 43.75% chance to OHKO Mega Pinsir after SR (assuming it took SR damage before Mega Evolving and that I did my math right).

If Skarmory is running Brave Bird there's really no reason to run Bold over Impish.

Without a -Attack nature, Skarm has a 43.75% chance to OHKO Mega Pinsir after SR (assuming it took SR damage before Mega Evolving and that I did my math right).
My bad, I used the wrong nature because I was adjusting some things earlier in the calculator and must have changed the natureby accident.

Feint is inferior to QA. Its only job is TFlame, meanwhile
+2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Quick Attack vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 234-276 (77.4 - 91.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Feint vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 175-207 (57.9 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Feint vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 220-259 (83.9 - 98.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
+2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Quick Attack vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 294-346 (112.2 - 132%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Absol: 294-346 (108.4 - 127.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Feint vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Absol: 220-259 (81.1 - 95.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Feint vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Lucario: 195-229 (69.3 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Lucario: 258-304 (91.8 - 108.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Get it? Feint makes revenge kills waaay easier, other then TF.

Guys, I'm just pointing out that Feint is a very good move and everybody should use it (maybe it's a redundant concept, but I don't feel like reading the whole thread). Then people make mistakes, It happens. We're all human beings.

Feint honestly shouldn't be used in Singles unless you have no other way to deal with Talonflame, and if you have no other way to deal with Talonflame your team probably sucks ass.
>having unboosted Pinsir on the field
>staying on Talonflame

I think that in that situation Feint is your minor problem.

The only time you get protected on as a Mega Pinsir is against Unaware mons for an extra bit of leftovers. No other pokemon in their right mind risks giving Mega Pinsir a free SD.
Feint isn't used in singles to break Protect, it's used because it has higher priority than Quick Attack, which allows Pinsir to sometimes beat priority users like Talonflame in exchange for about 30% less power.

Feint isn't used in singles to break Protect, it's used because it has higher priority than Quick Attack, which allows Pinsir to sometimes beat priority users like Talonflame in exchange for about 30% less power.
I know that, but the person I was responding to said "Feint is really worth the power loss for screwing people scouting your set with Protect."

I know that, but the person I was responding to said "Feint is really worth the power loss for screwing people scouting your set with Protect."
Well, add that to the list. It's not like I have an agenda of things to say when I write a post, I can forget about something.

Karxrida

Guys, I'm just pointing out that Feint is a very good move and everybody should use it (maybe it's a redundant concept, but I don't feel like reading the whole thread). Then people make mistakes, It happens. We're all human beings.

>having unboosted Pinsir on the field
>staying on Talonflame

I think that in that situation Feint is your minor problem.
You're not staying in unboosted, you luring it out since +2 Feint OHKO's after Rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)