Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xilaa: Get the mystery gift from PBR/Wii. Then go to a pokemart. Save before talking to the guy in green, then talk to him. He'll give you the pokemon. Check it's IVs and if they are not good enough, reset the game and try again.

And for your convenience, here are the max stats for a Modest Magmortar at lv50: 150/103/87/159/115/103, speed last. Having those stats means it has IVs of 30-31 in that stat.
=O

OMG.

If you can get different IVs.... does this mean you could possibly get one... shiny?

If so....... What the H E double hockeysticks am I doing here for!?!?!?

.... I'll wait til someone confirms this before I waste my time. But.... wow. Wouldn't THAT be awesome... o.o

=O

OMG.

If you can get different IVs.... does this mean you could possibly get one... shiny?

If so....... What the H E double hockeysticks am I doing here for!?!?!?

.... I'll wait til someone confirms this before I waste my time. But.... wow. Wouldn't THAT be awesome... o.o
yeah I believe you can

Thanks guys, I completely forgot about Empoleon and Shedinja.

ShinyElite: I don't think it's possible, but maybe someone else knows better.

If both parents know the move that the baby learns when it levels up, will the baby learn the attack when it hatches in this generation? I have two shroomishes with spore and seed bomb, but they do not pass the moves to the baby. It used to work in the last generation though.

k. well. I won't be going for Magmortar. I'll be going for Electivire... Something that's been highly coveted for a long time. I tried breeding but it didn't work. But with this, everything's set up already. I'm gonna try it anyway later, maybe after I get my shiny Bronzor... if I can wait that long!

If both parents know the move that the baby learns when it levels up, will the baby learn the attack when it hatches in this generation? I have two shroomishes with spore and seed bomb, but they do not pass the moves to the baby. It used to work in the last generation though.
It worked when I was breeding false swipe/spore shroomish via Parasect. o_o

They should be passing them down, especially since Seed Bomb is an egg move too. They passed for me when I bred one for PBR's baby battles.

And a question from me. Have the Electivire/Magmortar codes been changed or removed from the PAL versions of PBR? I tried enterng the Electivire code, and nothing happened.

Guys what's a good slow pokemon that counters water types (hopefully mixed sweepers like Starmie?) and isn't Slowbro?
Pory-2 has decent defenses, is relatively slow, and can fire back with thunderbolts.

Empoleon is bulky enough to stop most water pokes, but can't counter starmie due to elec weakness.

Blissey is a slow special sponge. ;)

Pory-2 has decent defenses, is relatively slow, and can fire back with thunderbolts.

Empoleon is bulky enough to stop most water pokes, but can't counter starmie due to elec weakness.

Blissey is a slow special sponge. ;)
Already using P-2, love the guy (Is the perfect Gyrados counter in the history of ever)

I'm thinking Empoleon but is it generally strong enough to take a special hit? This is on a Trick Room team, and it's going to be replacing Forretress (leaving me with no Rapid spin) which has so far been nothing but dead weight besides spinning+Spiking+blowing up... aka predictable and boring. The rest of my team has a major water type weakness in general though. I want to use Venusaur (it's the perfect compliment, it would be a staller+can absorb toxic spikes in Forry's absence) but it's just way too fast. Thoughts?

Empoleon beats Starmie if it has Grass Knot. I use one on my team. Grass Knot on Starmie does ~60% and Thunderbolt on Empoleon does ~30%.

Empoleon is pretty tanky. Apparently [.darkie.] has actual experience with empoleon v starmie which beats my theorymon that's too lazy to run damage calcs. >_>

On the flipside, if you want something that can soak special hits, absorb toxic spikes (but still not stop starmie), and is still slow, there's muk. Interestingly enough Muk can 2KO the standard spinner starmie inside a trick room or if starmie switches into a thunderpunch.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
When are IVs of the pokemon in the egg determined? when u hatch the egg or when u receive it from the daycare man? i read at serebii that they are determined when you HATCH the egg, but i hatched the same eggs more than once, but it had the same IVS. anybody here have an answer or no a place that has 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)