Who here uses UU pokes in higher tiers?

I tend not to look beyond the BL tier when I compose standard teams, but my Uber teams usually make full use of under used Pokemon.

Mostly Pokemon that specifically counter other Ubers thanks to some unique resistances, immunities, or whether abuse.

My current team holds Mamoswine, Houndoom, and Shuckle

@ Whoever called Mamoswine a Manbearpig, you are SO right! And yeah I do love South Park XD

Electrode. I just find it endearing, I think it's the cocky smile. Anyways, it's amazing how many people will actually switch a blissey into it to eat an explosion. Can KO a lot of things with explosion, actually. Thanks to its speed, although it often does not get the chance to do much beyond explode, it will usually take out 1 pokemon.

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
I really love using Trick Rotom. They only problem is whether I should use Choice Scarf or Choice Specs. =\
Specs is usually the superior choice only use scarf on tanks but then again you shouldnt use trick on a sweeper anyways unless ur sure ur faster. (beware other scarfs as you should switch out if u get a scarf then safe yourself to trick again another day.

I use Purugly. It is the fastest unscarfed sleeper (I think, does Jumpluff have over 112 base) that isnt an Uber that isnt named Crobat.

If Typhlosion isnt OU I use him. A full HP Eruption OWNS. From what I can tell it 2HKO's Salamence and Dusknoir. Putting a scarf on him basically makes him almost uber IMO lolz.

Mamoswine also owns pretty hard also, though I dont use him much.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If Hitmontop still counts as UU, then I use him. I have also been testing the numerous merits of Rotom, Omastar, and Raticate in a competitive environment. Yes, that's right, Raticate.

I've used a SubSeeding Jumpluff before in higher tier battles. I would use it as a lead. Basically set up Sleep Powder, then a Sub, then Leech Seed it. After that, stall it out if I'm faster or switch into something that can better handle the Pokemon.

It worked out surprisingly well. :D

I use Purugly. It is the fastest unscarfed sleeper (I think, does Jumpluff have over 112 base) that isnt an Uber that isnt named Crobat.

If Typhlosion isnt OU I use him. A full HP Eruption OWNS. From what I can tell it 2HKO's Salamence and Dusknoir. Putting a scarf on him basically makes him almost uber IMO lolz.

Mamoswine also owns pretty hard also, though I dont use him much.
persian is a faster sleeper than purugly

yes i use venomoth it has 306 speed which suprises people
I've been juggling around the idea of Venomoth. I really like the TintedLens trait since nothing gets a safe switch into Bug Buzz. Problem for me obviously is the stats, can't decide on timid for Sleep or Modest for power.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
You could always use Tinted Lens Yanmega instead, Forsety.

That aside, I'd go Timid. WAY too many Pokemon that lurk between 279 and 306.

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Really, if you have a base 90 that isn't Scarfed, it should ALWAYS be +Speed. Outspeeding +Speed Heracross, Neutral base 100s, Electivire, and tying with Lucario and Roserade. Honestly, way too many extremely powerful Pokemon in that range to risk it.

BTW, I tried out Honchkrow, and its amazing! Screech+Sucker Punch+Pursuit+Haze means that your opponent is pretty much in a checkmate if he's lost some HP prior to this.

I wouldn't be able to give up Speed Boost if I used it.

Also I rather like having possible Baton Pass, STAB Sludge Bomb and lack of 4x weakness. In fact only reason I consider Modest is because it can Agility and can Baton Pass.

But I think I might orientate towards Timid due to Sleep Powder.

BTW, I tried out Honchkrow, and its amazing! Screech+Sucker Punch+Pursuit+Haze means that your opponent is pretty much in a checkmate if he's lost some HP prior to this.
Maybe a silly question, but is it sashed? Honchkrow isn't exactly good defensive-wise. I've been looking into a Honchkrow recently, and I like the looks of that set. Screech scares off a lot of stuff, and if they stick around for a Sucker Punch, that's a lot of damage on one of their pokes already.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
I almost never incorporate Pokemon from lower tiers into my OU teams, unless something is really special and does whatever I direly need. The very reason many Pokemon are UU is that there are better counterparts in OU that can do nearly the same thing and more, and I tend to use whatever is best or most fitting at a certain sector.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)