Cyzir's Simple Sketches

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
GRAH! Sorry I haven't posted in four days, guys.
Work + Stress + Insomnia + Marathon Gaming = Fried Brain

@Empoleon Guru
Sure. In case you didn't want the Piplup in the image, I rescanned it by itself.

@SWChill
I'm surprised the colors came out good as well, actually. The scanner never picks up the color correctly, so I've adapted to it a bit. They're actually much brighter than they appear here.

Taking a bit of a break from Izuna 2 to draw something so I don't get rusty.

Electivire vs. Magmortar!
ThunderPunch vs. Fire Punch!
Who will rise to victory!?

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
Derp, fixing. Thanks Lorak.
EDIT: CAN NOT FIX D:

This is one major disadvantage of working with traditional media: If you make a mistake with a dark color, you're fucked unless you use paint.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Can you print this and try to fix it this way? :C

Wait, now I'm confused by the original's perspective... what way is its right leg facing? To the right and a bit backwards?

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
Ugh, I couldn't finish Electivire.
I had done 15 over the course of three days, beginning right after this mess. Unfortunately, I became so obsessed with the feet that the quality of the rest of Electivire began dwindling. I nearly developed a foot fetish due to my obsession. Eventually, I did the feet right, but the rest of the body lacked the energy the first one had. So I temporarily shelved the idea and until now took a break from drawing. As for the new drawing for today, I wanted to draw a Syclant specifically for the CAP Website. But since they wanted it to match the quality of the other two CAPs, I had to do it in Photoshop, since a scanned image just wouldn't match the quality of the other two. So here it is, the very first product of the CAP project, Syclant!

UGH, THIS REMINDS ME WHY I HATE WORKING WITH PHOTOSHOP. I just can't get used to drawing with a tablet. Still, it came out pretty well.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Holy shit, Cyzir! That Syclant looks really, really good! Post this thing over in the CAP website thread, for those people that don't come over to Smeargle's Studio. Fantastic piece!

Great to hear of your participation in the project, Cyzir.

I have to admit, I'd be really excited to see hand-drawn submissions of the four CAP monsters from you. Your Photoshop work is great, but your skills with a marker coupled with the ease at which you draw by hand lend your drawings a spark of life that is sometimes missed in a Photoshop piece.

Either way, good to see you back.

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
lol, late update

@ AZ
Sure, I'll give Sceptile a shot once I finish Syclant again.

@bmcle2
lol Protoman. Hmmm... I think I might have an idea...

Okay, slight update today. Just two of my three submissions to the CAP Website thing, and one additional pic.

Pyoak was pretty tough for me to do. It took quite a bit of effort to do the feet (I HATE FEET), but once that was done it was pretty much smooth sailing, up to the coloring. As I've mentioned before, my scanner just cannot scan colors well, and it ends up looking darker or lighter than usual. For example, did you know that I used REGULAR ORANGE to color Pyroak's skin? Ugh, it's quite annoying, but it does have its advantages...

Revenankh was actually pretty easy to do. Instead of giving the bandages a rugged, tattered look, I went with a more smoother, cleaner look. It's not exactly the best interpretation of a mummy, but I think it looks cool.

Finally, here's my bonus picture. Can you guess what series she's from?

Here's a hint: SOU NAN DES KARR!

EDIT: Here's the final CAP pokemon I needed to do, once again Syclant!

Looks like Colette to me!

I like your versions of the CAP pokes. Nicely done. I think the smooth lines on revenankh work.

oh Cyzir, I read through your thread and thought to pop in and say a little word of advice that could save you potential headaches in the future. For me, whenever I want to color something (which is 90% of the time going to be non-digital) what I end up doing is scanning it into my computer, then printing out a copy. If I mess up, I can always print out another copy. Sure it might require a bit of tweaking to get it close to the original size, as in my experience scans are often over-sized for some odd reason, but I believe it's worth it; in the case of your Electivire v. Magmortar it would've come in handy right there.

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
Okay, this update took only a month, but it's here :P
oh Cyzir, I read through your thread and thought to pop in and say a little word of advice that could save you potential headaches in the future. For me, whenever I want to color something (which is 90% of the time going to be non-digital) what I end up doing is scanning it into my computer, then printing out a copy. If I mess up, I can always print out another copy. Sure it might require a bit of tweaking to get it close to the original size, as in my experience scans are often over-sized for some odd reason, but I believe it's worth it; in the case of your Electivire v. Magmortar it would've come in handy right there.
Oh yeah, that's a good point. Though there was nothing that could save the Electivire vs. Magmortar pic, as it was a perspective error that I just wasn't able to get over...

Now for a small rant, whited for those who don't care.

Argh, screw you Photoshop! You're the only thing I can use to draw while my scanner's being fixed. STOP CRASHING AS I SAVE IT! You did it like three times before I finished this thing, and each time took an hour each to color!

Okay with that rant out of the way...
COMBEE MAN!

Megaman 9's kicking my ass and I'm loving it. I defeated two bosses so far, but only Galaxy Man was even remotely easy. I had to use a few E-Tanks on Magma Man, but only because I was trying to kill him using only the Mega Buster. I've been trying Jewel Man's stage, but seriously screw that level and its spikes. SO MANY GODDAMN SPIKES. Overall, I love the game so much even though I've only played one traditional Megaman game (Megaman Powered Up)

EDIT: Only now do I notice my five stars. Thanks!
EDIT2: While I'm at it, I'll link to the pics I made for this thread:
Ice Diglett
Grass/Electric Hypno
Fire/Rock Muk
Dragon Ampharos
EDIT3: SNAIL DOMINATION!

The snail army will conquer the world, one inch at a time...
MWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!

AWESOME!!!!! Cyzir, you are incredible. I doesn't matter that photoshop is all you have to draw with, because it is still amazing. I love this. I love this.

He is so cool looking. Everything you churn out (in that other thread as well) is high quality.

(he makes me think of CptCombee too)

CyzirVisheen let me just tell you that all of your artwork is amazing seriously possibly the best I've seen so far. Anyway I know you don't normally or like to do peoples' requests I was wondering if you could draw me an awesome Lanturn pic, thanks if you can.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Just restumbled into some of the awesome art you'd done for me (the Chimera and Regice), so I had to pop by and say thanks once more. :D

EDIT: Wow, has the last post really been that late ago? That two-month update can't be coming soon enough!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)