Platinum/HG/SS Battle Frontier and DP Battle Tower Records

pretty sure the psych up magnezone has explosion and iron head (and swagger i think lol) - its mainly explosion coming off +6 attack that i'm slightly worried about lol :)
Yep, but I only switch if it's the last poke, so in that case Explosion would be beneficial!

well, congrats for getting past 500 - that is kind of my goal in this run. i was happy with my last streak but a bit disappointed it didnt get beyond 500. i'm still behind my old score though. actually (this is probably stupid) i've done the occasional set of 7 trainers using my salamence + suicune + blissey team - it just makes things go a bit quicker - hopefully it doesnt make me lose :/
Whoa, that sounds like a risky tactic (swapping teams occasionally...) - I definitely wouldn't do that myself.

i've never noticed an exact team replica, but then again, i dont pay a huge amount of attention to that kind of thing. with things like PI's, they have a much smaller pool of pokemon to choose from, so i wouldnt be particularly surprised in that case.
I know the chances aren't that low for PIs and such, but I've seen identical teams so many times now that it can't be a coincidence (including Set 4 trainers, Cyclists, and more...).

not that anyone seems to care about the castle these days lol.....
I would play the Castle if I had infinite time! The extra time required to check teams and play around with CP seems very tedious when added to the already-very-slow Tower time.

My hate for Thorton is rising. Two times in a row I got to him with good teams in the Platinum Battle Factory, and twice he's managed to Hax a win, first with his last pokemon, Mamoswine, surviving my attack with about 2 HP left and getting a Crit on my last pokemon to kill it, and then with 3 Crit OHKO's in a row with a -1 Weavile.

lol - everyone hates the factory! (even those who defeat it vow to never return.) btw i like your sig - it reminds me of a line from a flight of the conchords song - at the end of your life you're lucky if you die.

anyway, just posting some more thoughts about whether you could face registeel + steelix + etc in the same team. it's gotta be possible i think - i faced a psychic trainer with cresselia + latias + slowbro, and also a blackbelt with a heatran (and other random stuff). so i reckon a policeman or ruin maniac could easily have a registeel.

also, just had a funny situation. my salamence vs a machamp. aerial ace missed the KO by what must have been about 1hp. then as my hp plummeted from stone edge i was wondering why they always just barely hang on, while i never do. and sure enough i live with exactly 1hp lol. also, this was a set of 7 with my salamence+suicune+blissey team, and i hadnt got round to moving the 6 HP EVs to Sp Def, so that's what saved mence hehe.....

anyway, just posting some more thoughts about whether you could face registeel + steelix + etc in the same team. it's gotta be possible i think - i faced a psychic trainer with cresselia + latias + slowbro, and also a blackbelt with a heatran (and other random stuff). so i reckon a policeman or ruin maniac could easily have a registeel.
I know that's a logical assumption to make based on those occurences, but I guarantee you will never see a Registeel on a non-legendary team. My proof is that if you go the 100-trainer list and do a Ctrl+F search on Cresselia, you see her appear a second time among the Psychic-trainer list. Same with things like Heatran and other Fire-type legends, etc. But Registeel only appears once, in the legendary section. Plus I've never ever seen Registeel in a non-legend team myself.

By the way, I just survived another battle that I really deserved to lose, but at least I've learned to play it safe at all times... I do play it safe usually, but ridiculous paralysis hax occurred and I easily could've lost (Magmortar + Rhyperior vs Registeel, not fully set up).

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Peterko, you seem to have Jumpman on the Platinum Battle Tower list twice - he's currently listed as being in 1st and 10th.
fixed

Chinese Dood said:
Not a big deal, but the 54 streak was actually for Double Battle Arcade, as mentioned inside that post.
fixed as well, sorry man :)

Bozo said:
nah, while what you say about black belts and battle girls (fire & fighting, including fire legends), psychics (including psychic legends) etc. is true, you should better trust the smogon sources

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2278079&postcount=19

use that list, extremely helpful when you´re in a difficult situation and need to know what you could potentially face as the last poké...fused the trainer list with the movesets including lv.50 stats (taking into account the 21 IV trainers as well)

so...only these trainers use registeel (unless proven otherwise) above battle #49

Ace Trainer, Chloe, Legendary Pokémon, All Sets, 31 IVs, 56
Ace Trainer, Sawyer, Legendary Pokémon, All Sets, 31 IVs, 56
Gentleman, Joachim, Legendary Pokémon, All Sets, 31 IVs, 56
PKMN Ranger, Alma, Legendary Pokémon, All Sets, 31 IVs, 56
PKMN Ranger, Geoff, Legendary Pokémon, All Sets, 31 IVs, 56
Socialite Rioha, Legendary Pokémon, All Sets, 31 IVs, 56
Veteran Costin, Legendary Pokémon, All Sets, 31 IVs, 56

now I suddenly remember an interesting piece of info from the non-conflict-era (I could be wrong here about the time), the two fishermen that are supposed to use water types only, they don´t use all of them (water types, more exactly they don´t use the water starters, none of them (no suicune as well)...this is similary interesting to sailors, who, generally speaking, use water and fighting types, but they only use set4 water type pokémon and all 4 fighting type pokémon movesets (obviously, poliwrath is an exception to the first statement)...

EonADS said:
Peteroko, probably a stupid question, but what about your record? It should be in the #2 slot, right?
which one, huh?

no, seriously, that was not a stupid question. thanks for pointing out the "mistake", there were a few people wondering about the same thing before

haha Peteroko

gonzaaaaaaaaaa said:
I know that nobody does it, but maybe you should read the wall of text that Peterko ang Jumpan wrote some pages back :P
reading those posts in relation to finding the reason why 2363 is not up there would be a waste of time

why? because I haven´t posted a reason lol

each person who asks that his/her team should be added, has also the right to ask the streak to not be listed or to be taken down, for whatever reason(s) they have...and then ask again to be put back, down, back...

I know that's a logical assumption to make based on those occurences, but I guarantee you will never see a Registeel on a non-legendary team. My proof is that if you go the 100-trainer list and do a Ctrl+F search on Cresselia, you see her appear a second time among the Psychic-trainer list. Same with things like Heatran and other Fire-type legends, etc. But Registeel only appears once, in the legendary section. Plus I've never ever seen Registeel in a non-legend team myself.

By the way, I just survived another battle that I really deserved to lose, but at least I've learned to play it safe at all times... I do play it safe usually, but ridiculous paralysis hax occurred and I easily could've lost (Magmortar + Rhyperior vs Registeel, not fully set up).
ah gotcha. i guess i thought they all followed the same general rules! i guess at the end of the day, a team of aggron, steelix, bastiodon would prove difficult for a salamence with outrage as its only attacking move!

you should better trust the smogon sources

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2278079&postcount=19

(taking into account the 21 IV trainers as well)
ah ok that is truly useful!i just have printouts of the trainer list and the pokemon list. but i guess this is even better (especially with the 21 IV stats although i usually just calculate that in my head).

actually, something that would be particularly useful would be some kind of marker (asterisk etc) on the pokes that have HP a multiple of 4. just so you know how many struggles they have.

now I suddenly remember an interesting piece of info from the non-conflict-era (I could be wrong here about the time), the two fishermen that are supposed to use water types only, they don´t use all of them (water types, more exactly they don´t use the water starters, none of them (no suicune as well)...this is similary interesting to sailors, who, generally speaking, use water and fighting types, but they only use set4 water type pokémon and all 4 fighting type pokémon movesets (obviously, poliwrath is an exception to the first statement)...
yeah, ive always thought that was a bit stupid. the sailors should use all the water types. although just grouping things into types doesnt really give an accurate picture of the trainer - eg i faced a bird keeper whose collection of "birds" included a drifblim, aerodactyl, salamence - the only one you could conceivably call a bird being aero....

which one, huh?

no, seriously, that was not a stupid question. thanks for pointing out the "mistake", there were a few people wondering about the same thing before

haha Peteroko

reading those posts in relation to finding the reason why 2363 is not up there would be a waste of time

each person who asks that his/her team should be added, has also the right to ask the streak to not be listed or to be taken down, for whatever reason(s) they have...and then ask again to be put back, down, back...
my natural reaction to such a person would be that either (a) their record was dubious in some way, (b) that they were craving attention in some very immature kind of way, or (c) something else i can't imagine. i highly doubt (a) in this case, and would prefer to give the benefit of the doubt in case (b).

gone past my old plat record :)

Let's say I'd challenge the Single Tower on D/P with a original D/P team and manage to become #1 there, will you delete your streak again? I ask this because we all know you splitted the records list so you could be #1 in at least 1 Single Tower list.

Well, maybe i'm not as good as english as other people, but i guess that somewhere i saw you saying: "it's not really important to have your name on the list if you have a record and you know that" (OBVIOUSLY, those wherent the exact words lol).

Btw, i stopped at 98 battles just because i wanted some "drama" lol, i'm using the same team, except that Latios has a different moveset and i'm using a Garchomp now (in your face, Electrode!) :)

Grumble grumble ... urge to destroy DS rising. Got to Thorton again, only for the most Haxtacular match ever. He sends out Regigigas, and I miss with EVER SINGLE MOVE, EVEN BEFORE A SINGLE DOUBLE TEAM. And then he gets 2 Crits in a row with Facade to knock out my team.

I lost against a Slowking -_-
the whole battle I was outslowing it under Trick Room condition, and at the end it turned out Dusknoir and Regirock had a speedtie with the Slowking.
It was up +2 Sp.Atk/Sp.Def while it outslowed me with Surf and fainted Regirock and Dusknoir (crit)
Sorry this was a couple pages back, but I just realized something didn't quite make sense. It said your Regirock and Dusknoir both had 0 Speed IV with negative speed nature, but Rock has 50 base speed while Noir has 45 base speed, so they can't both have a speed tie with Slowking.

Slowking's speed should be 45 with negative nature (31 IVs) and 50 with neutral nature. Noir with negative nature and 0 Speed IV has 45 speed, so speed tying is quite natural. Regirock has 49 speed... which shouldn't ever speed tie with Dusknoir or Slowking, so that's a bit strange.

It seems like a number of people are playing more double, so I'm happy! I haven't played Pokemon for around 10-ish days (due to school being too busy), but I'm going to try to start a Double tower streak today, with a lvl 1 duskull (which I think is superior to drifloon, kind of slightly different from starly/smeargle/kiss so wouldn't compare those) / Trick Room. I'm not using an exploding snorlax though (since I don't have one), so yah, at least it wouldn't be extremely similar to eppie/TRE's teams, but it will be similar for sure.

I lost in the BT due to hax, and I'm back to the 50-57 round. I stopped to take a crack at the Battle Arcade, and I'm fairly happy with my team, but I lost to Blissey hax :/ any suggestions?

Starmie
Modest
252/252speed SPATK
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunder Bolt
Psycic(tried grass knot, but it wasn't giving me anything worthwhile)

Latios
Timid
252/252 speed SPATK
surf
thunderbolt
dragon pulse
draco meteor
(note, most replacable member. NEVER saw use until forced)

Garchomp
Jolly
252/252 speed ATK
Earthquake
Outrage
Crunch
Swords Dance(any suggestions>SD?)

I have a very funny story lol (sorry, i didn't save the video):

Gyarados is locked in DD
Garchomp SD +6
Fire Fang (I don't have lum berry)
AI switches to ninetales (flash fire ftw)
Garchomp Earthquake
AI switches to Gyarados o_o
After that it was easy, fire fang, Outrage and GG!

EDIT Final: Okay, that was fast. I lost at 124 streak in Double Battle Tower.

Team
Lead #1:
Bronzong / Brave / Heatproof @ Lum Berry
IVs: 31 / 31 / 27 / 7 / 29 / 20
EVs: 252 HP 252 Attack 4 Sp Def.
Lvl 50 stats: 174 / 155 / 134 / 87 / 136 / 43
Moveset: Trick Room / Explosion / Earthquake / Iron Head

Lead #2:
Duskull / not important / Levitate @ Focus Sash
IVs: not important
EVs: none
Lvl 1 stats: 11 HP / x / x / x / x / x
Moveset: Protect / Foresight / Leer / Pain Split

Strong TR Attacker #1:
Camerupt / Brave / Solid Rock @ Life Orb
IVs: 29 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 25 / 0
EVs: 252 Attack 252 Sp. Attack 4 Sp Def
Lvl 50 stats: 144 / 167 / 90 / 157 / 93 / 40
Moveset: Eruption / Explosion / Protect / Earthquake

Strong TR Attacker @2:
Tyranitar / Brave / Sand Stream @ Iron Ball
IVs: 30 / 31 / 21 / 4 / 31 / 31
EVs: 248 HP 252 Attack 4 Def 4 Sp. Def
Lvl 50 stats: 206 / 204 / 126 / 102 / 121 / 72

Comment on Speeds:
None of my pokemon are bred with RNG abuse. Camerupt is easily one of the best pokemon I've ever bred, and I've always wanted to use him in a team, so there he is. I originally thought that Bronzong's high speed might be a problem, but -speed Slowbro/king's speed is at 45, so all of my pokemon should be safe. That tyranitar was the very first brave one that hatched, and I just punched in the stat calculator to check that even with 31 Speed IV, Tyranitar is still sitting at 36 Speed after Iron Ball, which is fine, so I kept it. Shuckle sometimes might be annoying, but then it's not like I can do much about it so whatever (not like I'm going to use an Iron Ball Fling Snorlax just for Shuckle lol).

Comment on reasons for using Duskull:
The first is that I wanted to use something no one used before if possible. In Bronzong's case, it's kind of unavoidable, but I was almost surprised that no one used Duskull. Maybe people thought that since his evolutions have Pressure ability it must also have that, but nope, it has the good ol' Levitate for letting partner earthquake freely.

Leer is quite an underestimated move in Double, as it lowers both opponents' defense in the same turn. Leer + Bronzong's Explosion OHKOed all the non-resist / sash Legendaries I encountered so far, as well as all bulky water, so it's a fairly useful support move, I'd say. Duskull being slower means it can always leer before Bronzong (or anyone else) in TR. Protect is obvious. Foresight should be obvious too (lets Bronzong explode on ghosts and cancels out double team).

Pain Split is interesting. I wasn't sure if it is the ideal last move, and I still am not, but it is certainly useful in many cases. Most of the time it is a debate between using Leer or Pain Split. At 11 HP, Duskull's Pain Split is quite similar to a Super Fang, except it only takes off about 43-ish% of their health on average, but its huge advantage over Super Fang is that it never misses (not even bright powder or double team), and it has no immunities. Pain Split is mainly used for ruining sashes and weakening opponent enough for Explosion or EQ or Eruption to KO.

EDIT: Obviously, if not for Levitate or Pain Split, I'd easily have used a Dusclops or Dusknoir.

Strategy and Pokemon Talks:
It should probably be obvious since it's nearly the same as TRE's or eppie's. First turn = Trick Room + Protect, then attack accordingly, usually Leer or Pain Split + Explosion. For ghost leads, it really depends. If it's Gengar/Mismagius/Froslass, I sometimes might not Foresight and just Leer + Iron Head because that at least KOs one lead (assuming unleered Explosion doesn't KO the other).

Camerupt's Eruption usually KOed at least one opponent when facing two opponents, but about half the time it doesn't even need to explode. e.g. VS something like Magnezone + Raikou, I just use Eruption + Pain Split on Raikou since I know that will KO both (and is faster than EQ since it won't have to show super effective statements). If all goes well, Camerupt should never be below 80% health (unless it exploded) so Eruption's power isn't much of an issue.

Tyranitar is usually not seen in most battles, and I might breed something in place of it. For some reason, I thought that Slowbro/king might be really troublesome and I wanted something that can almost guarantee OHKO on both, and Fling Iron Ball off a base 134 attack will do (Slowbro has a small chance to survive, but dies to sand). I've only ever used Rock Slide once.

Earthquake is almost funny. I have 3 pokemon with Earthquake, and I also have 3 pokemon weak to earthquake. It's got to be the strangest thing. Bronzong can survive an explosion or earthquake from Camerupt (and thus Tyranitar). Tyranitar can survive an explosion and earthquake from Bronzong, assuming no crits, but yeah, this totally doesn't mean it's a good set up, lol. I do think that I need to do something about that. I am thinking of giving Tyranitar Thunder punch to deal better against damp pokemon (about half of them will survive a Fling, meaning Tpunch will still be 2HKO). Earth Power on Camerupt to decrease the EQ stupidity also seems like a good idea.

I never switch pokemon with this team. But that's probably because Bronzong's TR has never failed to start in turn 1 yet. Most of the time they target duskull. Rock slide hasn't flinched Bronzong yet. So, yes, after TR is set up, just explode or get KO'd. Camerupt comes out next, followed by Tyranitar (by which time Duskull should be dead and all my other pokemon are immune to sand). Most battles don't involve Tyranitar since Camerupt does the job.

Damp pokemon are certainly a huge problem though, since camerupt dies to any water attack and Tyranitar doesn't do much better. I'm thinking of using something else in place of Tyranitar. I thought about Carrnivine (Levitate, grass STAB, slow - can speed tie negative nature slowbro/king) and Togekiss (Follow Me lets Camerupt live, EQ immunity, and... I have one already). I'll see. Haven't decided. I'll probably just play through this run until I lose, and then decide.

How I lost:
A bit to my surprise, I didn't lose to Damp pokemon like I thought I would. Anyway here goes:

Bronzong + Duskull vs something bulky (I forgot what it was!) and Torterra.

Turn 1: Trick Room + Protect. Torterra used Leech seed on Bronzong. The other pokemon targetted Duskull.
Turn 2: The other pokemon used a priority move on Duskull sash activate. Leer + Explosion. Explosion KO'd bulky pokemon, but Torterra avoided it. Torterra used Leech seed on Duskull and gets KO'd . Golem switched in. My Camerupt and Tyranitar switched in.
Turn 3: (I was going to use Fling + Eruption to KO both opponents, but...) Golem KO'd Tyranitar with Hammer Arm, lowered speed. Eruption KO'd Torterra but only about 25% to Golem... didn't matter at this point unless the Golem is afraid to use EQ next turn. Alakazam switched in.
Turn 4: Golem EQs and KOs Camerupt and Alakazam.

667,Golem 3,Brave,Iron Ball,155,178,182,75,85,58,Gyro Ball,Earthquake,Hammer Arm,Fling,Attk/Def

- Didn't know about this dude. Clearly I didn't theorymon enough. :P So yeah, Tyranitar's definitely gone in my next streak. I'm liking Iron Ball Machamp at the moment (since it's slower than that Golem). It'll be another week or two before I start another streak again if I'm breeding for another Bronzong and Machamp (and school's going to be extremely busy too). I'm going with Earth Power on Camerupt since from my recollection nearly every time Camerupt's using EQ, the other pokemon either gets hurt or has to protect. Eruption and Explosion cover my bases for multi-target already. I'll keep my Duskull moveset for now, but I'll give Destiny Bond replacing Leer or Pain Split afterwards.

Yet again I survived a battle that placed me in mortal danger...

I still don't want to reveal my team members apart from the obvious Registeel, but here's what I'll say for now (until I post the final record streak and also upload the video of this battle):

Basically, lead Armaldo got 5 crits in 10 turns against Registeel with X-Scissor, including my second incident of 3 crits in a row with the standard CH rate >_>. This involved breaking several Subs and thus leaving Steel with red-zone HP upon defeating it, then Skuntank4 comes out next. Sounds pretty safe since Steel resists all its moves, but it also has Explosion and Night Slash's high crit rate, which at my low HP would've been fatal. Therefore, I impulsively chose Iron Head (+6) rather than trying to stall it until Leftover recovered enough HP... it has Aftermath so Registeel dies too. Oops. I wonder if Peterko or Jumpman ever made a mistake that bad during their 2000+ streaks... anyway, I sent out my weakened lead (taken one X-Scissor) and out came Mismagius4 (Timid, Focus Sash)... crap. But due to the wonder of RNG abuse and the flawless IVs it brings, I survived with 5 HP and Thunder Waved it... then Tricked my item to it, thus stealing its precious Focus Sash. Lead dies, then my powerful sweeper comes out and ends it easily.

Moral of the story: Don't forget about abilities.

I really didn't deserve to win that battle... or did I? After all, 5 crits in 10 turns is somewhat unfair.

That was my closest call since the time Registeel had to finish off 1 HP Guillotine Gliscor without a Sub. These battles are no good for my heart rate!

IT HAS BEGUN.

First post.

So I'm sick of breeding and decided to just sit down and start playing with my current stock, flawed as they are, and if they can't keep up then I'll go back to breeding and try to do better.

First attempt final: 19-79577-93589. It's not very interesting so don't bother looking it up unless you want to see my choice of seals or critique my attempt at setting up scizor against...well, read it first.

First streak started off great than ended on battle 42 (lol didn't even face the brain second match yet :< ) because of my own foolish error. I was playing away from my computer (no lists to check) and the opponent led with a tauros - I suspected CB but wasn't sure and tricked anyways, it was. Locked into Return and now Gard is locked into Trick meaning all I can do is give it the band back, so I switch to Scizor and pray that it has the defense to set up through STAB return - I may have been able to if not for a couple crits making me take more damage than expected and roost too late, though it's also possible that I was using a poor method and I should have been trying something else there. I switch in gard again on scizor's death to try and get a grudge in so that it's at least struggling instead before going up against garch but it outspeeds and kos of course so garch doesn't survive very long either.

From this I learn that it would have been fantastic to have known for sure what I was fighting - but also to have that last move filled. Two flashes or charms should have slowed it down enough that scizor could stall and sd even with the band (didn't run calcs on this but it sounds like it should based on the damage it was actually doing). Twave may have helped by letting scizor outspeed and thus make roosting worlds easier but again, band damage - so unless I twave, switch to chomp, die, switch to gard safely, trick....I'm not really sure what the right thing to do would have been in that situation. Charm probably would have been the best move here, but against say specs users it would have been worthless so I'm still not sure what to put there.

I have also learned that I'm trying to use Scizor more like a wall than I realized I would be teambuilding and that some extra defense would go a looong way. I have had no reason to make it face special attacks yet so it might make sense to switch those evs, but I'm already not sure how to best handle specs and that would only be worse at responding to them.

Fought QC/Sheer Cold Lapras and tricked it into SC. That was a little scary, but it only took out gard and a single sub so luck was on my side this time. From this I learn that while that is a killer of long streaks because eventually luck won't be on your side and the statistical likelihood of EVENTUALLY dying to it rises, the odds of surviving any one particular fight like that seem pretty good, as a failure to ko either garch or scizor before they get a sub up makes them a lot less scary. It really has to be 3/4 hits IN A ROW to actually kill you, anything else you can beat.

to be honest that team's going to have trouble dealing with anything with a high ATK stat. even if you bring it down to struggle there are plenty of things that will deal 25% to those two with struggle, and that means you won't be set up in time. usualy trickscarf leads are there to lock the opponent into a move and then the other two teamates take advantage of resistances and immunities to get set up.
Yeah, I'm beginning to see that, but I'm also beginning to see that while forcing struggle is a great tool, it's far from my only one. There are plenty of cases, for example, where a resisted attack does less than struggle so I won't bother, and let's not forget wonderful enemy first turn moves like any stat up, twave (chomp), toxic (scizor) that have no effect at all. While I'll probably end up losing to powerful unresisted attacks (of which struggle could be one given a sufficiently high attack) I'm hoping on being able to reach 100 before that happens. This is also part of why I'm considering switching scizor's spdef to def, as while specs can rock me by stopping me from easily forcing struggle, non-specs/sticky hold/etc special sweepers do next to nothing when stuck on struggle anyways so I don't seem to need the boost there. It was originally in case something went wrong and it had to face an unexpected stray flamethrower or whatever, but now that I've gotten some play in it seems like in any situation where that could actually happen I've already lost the match, so it seems a waste when it could be doing more good in def.

Comment on reasons for using Duskull:
The first is that I wanted to use something no one used before if possible. In Bronzong's case, it's kind of unavoidable, but I was almost surprised that no one used Duskull. Maybe people thought that since his evolutions have Pressure ability it must also have that, but nope, it has the good ol' Levitate for letting partner earthquake freely.
You shouldn't be that surprised as there are way better Lvl 1 of 2 Pokémon to think of when you are planning to run the Protect + Trick Room strategy.
Drifloon / Togekiss / Starly / Smeargle / Clefairy or Clefable are a few examples.
Ofcourse, you've mentioned you wanted to use something no one did before, which is fine by me.

To critisice your Duskull set:

Protect / Foresight / Pain Split / Leer.

I suggest you to use this in the future:

Protect / Foresight / Destiny Bond / Pain Split
Protect / Foresight / Spite / Pain Split

Destiny Bond allows you to take out something and is a must, as Duskull is one of the very few Levitaters that has acces to Destiny Bond at that level due to it being a egg move.

Spite allows you to reduce the PP of 1HKO moves, this is very helpful as the AI doesn't use max PP on their pokémons moves, and only Lapras has the PP restoring berry + a 1HKO move.

You could try this over Duskull unless you want to stick with it:

Clefable / Magic Guard Lvl 2.
Protect / Endeavor / Helping Hand / Encore / Knock Off.

But you wouldn't be the first one who uses it as I am using it right now.

About your Camerupt.
I personally prefer Rock Slide > Earthquake as Rock Slide hits alot of stuff SE that is used by Ice trainers (They are your biggest problem, I swear.)

The speed IV's on Bronzong are still too high as -Speed natured Slowking/Bro with 21 IV's in all stats will outslow you.

I also think you might want to change Tyranitar as you make it yourself slightly harder to combat rock typings thanks to Sandstream.

You can consider a Brave Metagross @ Iron Ball, but then again, you wouldn't be the first one who uses it as I did it multiple times, but I find myself having better chances to high streaks with Regirock > Metagross.

I'm also wondering how you deal with pokémon that might have the Damp ability.

QUESTION

Is your streak considered illegal if you use legit hacks in the tower?
I ask this as I have theorymonned a prety perfect team, but I would need 1 SAV'd Pokémon for it.

@eppie: Thanks for the suggestions.

Yeah, I was thinking of breeding Destiny Bond on Duskull. I'm not quite sure about getting rid of Leer yet though since it and Pain Split are both useful (but they do sometimes accomplish the same thing). I was thinking of maybe getting rid of Pain Split. I haven't had trouble with OHKOers yet as they'll be leer/pain split + exploded on in turn 2 if Bronzong gets trick room down (and if it dies to OHKO first turn then I most likely would lose anyway). I see that Pain Split might be more useful in getting rid of sashes. Leer lets explosion KO both pokemon that sometimes wouldn't have happened otherwise though. I'll see. I'll probably give Protect/Foresight/Pain Split/Destiny Bond a try after I lose this streak. I was planning to do that anyway.

EDIT: O yeah, of course, Damp + OHKOer would be really bad in this case. Fortunately I haven't come across that yet.

Ice trainers never gave me troubles yet either since Eruption takes care of most of them, and walrein / lapras / dewgong are often just exploded on. I do realize there's a bright powder/lax incense walrein/lapras, but rock slide's inaccuracy (and inability to OHKO those) might make me want to use explosion instead anyway. Tyranitar only ever "had" to use rock slide once, and that was against a low health Quagsire lol.

Currently, vs Damp pokemon, if there is just one leading, I just leer + EQ (with Bronzong). If Duskull is still alive, then Pain Split + EQ might KO next turn, but usually Duskull's dead by then. If it's low enough health, then Eruption + Iron Head will most likely finish. Eruption itself generally takes off 30 - 40+% HP to most damp pokemon. If I didn't get Leer down (i.e. Damp pokemon is not leading), Tyranitar Fling + pretty much anything else (sometimes not even needed) will KO the damp pokemon, unless it's Poliwrath. In which case, yeah, it's bad.

There was one battle where I faced Poliwrath (not lead) and Quagsire (lead). I don't exactly remember the full details, but definitely leered + Bronzong EQ, and I think that might have been the battle where Ttar used Rockslide + Eruption on Quagsire to kill off Quagsire while Poliwrath KO'd camerupt with a water move, followed by EQ finishing off Poliwrath. I think the other lead was a Lanturn which was fortunate (not some other bulky water neutral to quake). It was definitely not good dealing with Damp pokemon by hitting them with NVE moves.

So, Damp pokemon are by far my biggest problems I faced so far, not so much steels, ice, rock, or double ghost (Leer / Pain Split + Iron Head OHKOs Mismagius / Gengar / Froslass, Froslass doesn't even need a Leer/PS). O yeah, potentially Slowbro/king with Grass Knot/Energy Ball would work too, but the STAB water moves Surf and Brine and Hydro Pump all have their limitations (If I were to choose one, I'd most likely use Brine, if I still have a TM for it).

This post is getting long. Just one last thing. I'm not really getting how Drifloon is necessarily better than Duskull. Other than Aftermath, the Drifloon you used and Duskull are pretty much the same (Duskull can learn everything Drifloon can), but I saw Foresight > Disable/Embargo. Leer's usefulness might be questionable when put alongside Pain Split (which Drifloon can also learn of course), but it was definitely more useful than Pain Split in situations (which I mentioned earlier).

I'm only comparing Drifloon with Duskull because they work differently from the other lvl1s (in that they're not using Endeavor, which is huge). O yeah, I actually thought about using Sableye and Misdreavus before deciding on Duskull. Sableye would have been using the exact same moveset as Duskull but with Fake Out > Leer / Pain Split, but having Levitate was a big enough reason for me to use Duskull. Misdreavus was just inferior to Duskull (and Drifloon) in terms of movepool. Gastly's inferior to Drifloon (same moveset without Aftermath).

EDIT: O yeah, I might re-breed for a better Brave Bronzong after this streak ends. I do have a 31 Attack 0 speed ditto.

Ugh died again, this time thanks to lead Muk 554. I made some bad choices fighting it, but it should be beatable. My best bet is a +0 EQ from garchomp, but Ice Punch OHKOs it (120.5% - 142.7%) so I need to switch it on...well, ANY other move, really. I don't know if it's better to switch first turn, sacrifice gardevoir for a safe switch, or switch to scizor first to bait fire punch then switch to garchomp - it led with poison jab this time but I don't know if it always will. What would you all do in this situation?

I led with trick in hopes that it would have stench (abilities are random, correct?) but of course it had sticky hold so gardevoir takes a poison jab to the face and gets poisoned. I switch to Scizor, hoping for another Poison Jab but instead get Ice Punched - good thing I didn't go with garchomp I suppose. At this point I now know what set it is and so I'm sure it will fire punch but instead of doing the smart thing and switching again to garchomp I try to sub like the stupid bitch I am and just delay the inevitable. Bullet punch does just over half before fire punch takes me down. Chomp comes in and eqs it - Toxicroak is next. I switch to Gardevoir hoping to get a trick in but ice punch leaves me with 1 hp and poison kills me. Back to garchomp, now naked and unboosted versus 2. EQ goes first and OHKOs toxic (why didn't I do this at first?!) and it sends out floatzel. Looks like I may be able to win this after all! Except no, DT+attract hax stops me from hitting it and it wears me down. :<

I still have much to learn in the ways of the pogeymanz, but at least I am learning from these failures. When the Black Card is finally mine it will be something I can be proud of! =D Blood, sweat, and tears indeed.

Video for this one is 62-87645-32235 if you want to see how royally haxxed I got by that stupid floatzel :P

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just beat Dahlia in the battle arcade and nabbed myself my first gold print. Before I continue my run, though, I need some advice. I always had trouble with deciding on a lead, so they tend to keep flipflopping. My ideal lead is a nice mixed attacker that can do lots of damage before dying and letting my other two team members clean up, or at the very least something that can patch up holes in my team.

Firstly, the permanent members:

Hitmonchan***Triple H
Iron Fist
Adamant
IVs: flawless except for special attack obv
EVs: 170 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Set: CC / Ice Punch / Mach Punch / EQ

In the beginning of my run, I just slapped random shit from my box together that I don't use very often, and to my surprise, Hitmonchan always preformed amazingly. It has excellent coverage, and with this analysis spread has decent bulk. I used the Agility set EVs because this was originally bred for use on an NU team to abuse Iron fist Mach Punch and I felt that a lot of other things will outrun Hitmonchan anyways. The HP has actually saved my ass several times, such as in the match against Dahlia, in which it was my last Pokemon against her Togekiss, and I survived Air Slash with 6 HP. I prefer the slightly better speed and attacking power over Technitop, and this has preformed too well to be dispensable.

Latias
Timid
IVs and EVs: unknown, received in a trade from Negator with Choice Specs, so I presume it is near flawless with Specs set EVs
Set: Trick / Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse / Surf

I use this on a regular OU team for Specs, and since I don't have AR, I'll have to get this cloned before I replace Trick with Recover so no one give me shit about that please. Trick did have some use once, though, when the AI got a Life Orb from the 'give items' event, and I was able to give it to myself for awesome sweepage later on. I don't think I really have to talk about how Latias is good, is decently bulky, blablablabla. I will speak on how Hitmonchan and Latias work together well; I never have to worry about stupid crap like Umbreon that has cropped up a few times, and nearly every special oriented ice type is kept away. I prefer her better defenses to Latios' greater attack; they've saved me a few times.

Now that you have a general picture of what I use that works, here are the failed experiments, the replacements for what I need help with:

Flygon***Holy!
Rash
IVs and EVs: too lazy to post, but for mixed set
Set: Draco Meteor / EQ / Fire Blast / Roost

Used for one round towards the beginning. Didn't do shit. Replaced quickly.

Dragonite
Quiet
IVs and EVs: Too lazy to check, received in trade from friend, presumably near flawless and with mixed set EVs
Set: Draco Meteor / Fire Blast / EQ / ES

The problem with this was that it offered no extra coverage besides Fire Blast, and extra priority. It did better than Flygon, but the enemy AI kept sending things with ice moves that did a large chunk, so most of the time, I just fired off Draco Meteor and let it die.

Registeel***Cubicle
Careful
IVs: 31 / 30 / 30 / 25 / 31 / 30
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 158 SpD
Set: Iron Head / EQ / T-Wave / SR

The rocks are just there since I use this for UU on Wi-Fi as well, nothing much to replace them with and I used them a few times to rack up some damage and saved me from a goddamn Yanmega once. Probably my most successful lead, my usual strategy with this is paraflinch with T-wave and Iron Head. I'm still uneasy about it, however, and a lot of things like to Focus Blast/fire move to leave a dent in it when I'm not necessary prepared to switch in Latias (ex: Gengar, Mismagius at 100%). It has some nice synergy with the rest of the team, resisting Psychic, Flying, Dark, and Ice, along with Fighting, Fire, and Ground taken care of, but eh. tl;dr, depending on what the opponent runs, it's hit and miss.

So yeah, that's all. Any helpful commentary on how I can finish my team will be appreciated. I have a lot of Pokemon, so I can conceivably get my hands on most anything suggested. Someone said Electivire would be nice, and given that bulky waters and Staraptor give me headaches, that might not be a bad idea. Thanks in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)