Platinum/HG/SS Battle Frontier and DP Battle Tower Records

Short und clear:

Battle Hall (Single, Lv.100)
Wins: 216

Garchomp (Virgin) /adamant @Focus Sash

-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide (because Stone Edge ist the worst mo.. you already know)
-Flamethrower

Outrage and Earthquake are the strongest STABs, Rock Slide for Moltres, Articuno, some hax with flinching, and kill everything with a 4x-Weakness of rock. Flamethrower kills Steelix, Scizor and Skarmory, because of their low Sp.Def even if your Garchomp doesn't have any Sp.Atk-EV.

Proof (picture):

Yeah, and then, here are the videos of the most important fights:

1. When I almost lost: 57-53008-44374
2. The fight for the coloured photo: 95-10978-65995
3. When I lost: 52-66456-59227

Platinum Battle Tower Single Record - 802 wins
(Uxie, Salamence, Drapion)

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq39/pmasison/zzx.png
-----

Uxie
@ Choice Scarf ** SHIBBY
Levitate | Bold
EVs: 248HP / 70Def / 192SpDef
-Trick
-Thunder Wave
-Flash
-Memento
-----

Salamence (♀) @ Lum Berry
Intimidate | Adamant
EVs: 6HP / 252SAtk / 252 Spe
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance
-Substitute
-----

Drapion (♂) @ Black Sludge ** QUINCY
Battle Armor | Careful
EVs: 252HP / 6Def / 252SpDef
-Crunch
-Acupressure
-Substitute
-Rest
-----

you all know the strategy to this one, no need to explain because i'm not good with words.
my Drapion is very similar to jump's Drapion except for the IVs of course

lost to an Electrode of all things
522 | Electrode | Timid | Brightpowder | Charge Beam | Thunder Wave | Flash | Swagger | SpA/Spe
trick never hit after swagger and it got a +3 SpAtk from Charge Beam after killing Uxie
(THE mistake) i send out Drapion, trode used swagger, Drap hit himself blabla after Drapion trode was up +6 SpAtk and i already know it was over
i send out Salamence, trode Charge Beams, i survived (!) with 5 (or 6) HP, EQ for OHKO
foe sends out Dugtrio, Sludgebomb for the KO

so i figured that if i sent out Salamence instead of Drapion, i still might have a chance to win it
lol Electrode, so embarrasing

videos:
69-42830-20232 battle 763
30-44234-25687 battle 803 how i lost
-----

EDIT: here's a video of a metagross4 onslaught which i really didn't have any business surviving. it's a close match, and there was a luck shift half way through. metagross got 3 atack raises and a crit in the first 4 turns of the match. a couple of turns later, he got a crit + attack rise in the same turn. i felt i had to upload it since i already had one against lead kingler and gastordemon - somehow i recorded over an awesome lead gliscor match before recording it on the camera (it u-turned and let to a really interesting battle).

now the original reply, which refers to the above video in the incorrect tense, but whatever.....

It's close, but I honestly think this has much more to do with you having EQ on Salamence instead of Roost or Rest. You did notice that you were only able to get Salamence to +4 because you were afraid of Crabhammer CHing—a fear allayed by Flash and not Charm, btw. But if you had Roost over Earthquake, you have been able to get up to 100% HP and then also get up to +6...I'm sure you realize that you CHing Bronzong was worse hax than it QCing your Sub since you almost never kill with +4 Outrage. I'm glad you were able to get out of the mess but I never saw the utility of Earthquake over Roost and that's what this battled outlined more to me than Recover vs. Flash.
just replying to the bits that concern me... couple of things:

1. flash / charm / recover - they're all good. some would save you in some cases, some not. i'm definitely glad i had recover for that battle, but as you say, flash might have saved me in the earlier stages (or maybe not - i still dont like the fact that it still could hit you 10 times in a row, but charm has problems with crits still) - certainly would have been more useful in the event of hyper cutter.
  2. roost - yeah, the only thing is a 2 turn outrage, and you you have a 50% chance of being screwed if you had to use your berry for a status move. even if the 2nd opponent has a focus sash and you had to OR the lead and used your berry, you'll be guaranteed some confusion. this will happen way too often to consider it unlikely lol.
  3. there is a sense in which the crit hindered me more than anything else. think about it - i got screwed because of static. imagine if quick claw and the crit had never happened. i would have been in the same state of health with the bronzong dead, and my outrage would have finished. next i EQ the electrode down to his sash, survive the thunderbolt, and finish it next turn. it was just a close battle - i'm sure you must have had one or two in your streak, where things don't go as planned? actually, i was in the car, and didnt notice salamence was confused at that point - in hindsight i could have just switched to latias, paralyzed it, let latias die, and had an easy win.

Congrats on your progress so far. One thing I noticed with both your and Bozo's team is that you don't have anything that can outspeed that Gliscor even if you don't Trick...that's a big problem since you're not supposed to be Tricking it if you can help it. Garchomp and Latios before it were both able to outspeed Gliscor, Kingler and Pinsir (Pinsir had a Scarf in DP but no Speed EVs), which was not by accident. That may be reason enough to use Salamence over Dragonite and Jolly so it can actually Gliscor since that really, really matters. The loss in power may be off-putting, but Latios and Garchomp already both have +Spe Natures and have proven to be very effective with them.
i have indeed considered jolly for a couple of reasons, including that gliscor - just yesterday i got stuck with salamence naked vs a modest espeon, and had to rely on psychic not crit'ing. now, don't tell me i'm a bad battler for this! i'm about to upload the video actually - it was a meta4 lead which got 3 attack rises and a crit in the first 4 turns of the match.

however, you lose things like 99% OHKO on metagross with +6 outrage. and if you face meta4 like that, you know it will QC you after breaking your sub too many times to consider it safe. at the end of the day, if you're suggesting jolly > adamant and roost > EQ, you end up with more problems than you started with! (in my opinion anyway - feel free to discuss)

lost to an Electrode of all things
522 | Electrode | Timid | Brightpowder | Charge Beam | Thunder Wave | Flash | Swagger | SpA/Spe
trick never hit after swagger and it got a +3 SpAtk from Charge Beam after killing Uxie
(THE mistake) i send out Drapion, trode used swagger, Drap hit himself blabla after Drapion trode was up +6 SpAtk and i already know it was over
i send out Salamence, trode Charge Beams, i survived (!) with 5 (or 6) HP, EQ for OHKO
foe sends out Dugtrio, Sludgebomb for the KO

so i figured that if i sent out Salamence instead of Drapion, i still might have a chance to win it
lol Electrode, so embarrasing

videos:
69-42830-20232 battle 763
30-44234-25687 battle 803 how i lost
-----
wow - that sucks man :( how long did that streak take?

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
EDIT: here's a video of a metagross4 onslaught which i really didn't have any business surviving. it's a close match, and there was a luck shift half way through. metagross got 3 atack raises and a crit in the first 4 turns of the match. a couple of turns later, he got a crit + attack rise in the same turn. i felt i had to upload it since i already had one against lead kingler and gastordemon - somehow i recorded over an awesome lead gliscor match before recording it on the camera (it u-turned and let to a really interesting battle).
lol what a dick metagross is...battles like this make me long to use timid FT/VW/NP/Sub Infernape once and for all. subbing at 62/187 didn't help since it was bound to put you under 46 HP, but the FPs certainly helped (and you would only have needed one if it had killed registeel since latias and espeon both die to +1 outrage after wounded meta dies to +1 eq). it's battles like this that continue to validate metagross as the biggest fuck in BT/BF history.

1. flash / charm / recover - they're all good. some would save you in some cases, some not. i'm definitely glad i had recover for that battle, but as you say, flash might have saved me in the earlier stages (or maybe not - i still dont like the fact that it still could hit you 10 times in a row, but charm has problems with crits still) - certainly would have been more useful in the event of hyper cutter.
  2. roost - yeah, the only thing is a 2 turn outrage, and you you have a 50% chance of being screwed if you had to use your berry for a status move. even if the 2nd opponent has a focus sash and you had to OR the lead and used your berry, you'll be guaranteed some confusion. this will happen way too often to consider it unlikely lol.
  3. there is a sense in which the crit hindered me more than anything else. think about it - i got screwed because of static. imagine if quick claw and the crit had never happened. i would have been in the same state of health with the bronzong dead, and my outrage would have finished. next i EQ the electrode down to his sash, survive the thunderbolt, and finish it next turn. it was just a close battle - i'm sure you must have had one or two in your streak, where things don't go as planned? actually, i was in the car, and didnt notice salamence was confused at that point - in hindsight i could have just switched to latias, paralyzed it, let latias die, and had an easy win.

i have indeed considered jolly for a couple of reasons, including that gliscor - just yesterday i got stuck with salamence naked vs a modest espeon, and had to rely on psychic not crit'ing. now, don't tell me i'm a bad battler for this! i'm about to upload the video actually - it was a meta4 lead which got 3 attack rises and a crit in the first 4 turns of the match.

however, you lose things like 99% OHKO on metagross with +6 outrage. and if you face meta4 like that, you know it will QC you after breaking your sub too many times to consider it safe. at the end of the day, if you're suggesting jolly > adamant and roost > EQ, you end up with more problems than you started with! (in my opinion anyway - feel free to discuss)
well most of the time facing meta4 it will have 21 IVs, on which jolly outrage does 95% min which is "bearable". I think that with a jolly nature, you might be compelled to run just enough speed EVs to get to 162, 252 in Attack, and rest in HP. using a berry for your status move isn't something i recommend...like, i'd definitely trick and retrick if something paralyzes or burns latias, and go registeel on locked sleep moves and obviously toxic/poison moves. but with electrode...to be fair you had a ~40% of having a 3-turn outrage anyway if you dont CH bronzong (cause +4 doesnt always kill), which wouldn't give you the chance to EQ electrode.

all in all it was a lame battle but i would still lean towards at least giving salamence roost...i'm speaking from the little experience i had with my Metatarsal (Metagross/Tyranitar/Salamence) team that i used for like a day before Team Drapula I wooed me away, but the one thing i hated was how my salamence was only 114 speed (it was the second-to-last poke i bred straight up and it had 30/31/31/x/31/14 IVs iirc which was good enough for the DD i had planned, i thought), because nidoking and like walrein or whatever is 80 speed would have been able to get it with sheer cold in addition to gliscor, and without twave on metagross that blew. i'd go jolly before replacing EQ if you had to choose one.

I lost early to myself being really stupid >.> I got to battle 117 with a really easy set up.

Zapdos W/ scarf(after trick) uses thunderbolt
Latias gets +6 and is behind a sub

Zapdos uses thunderbolt, crit, broke sub
dragon pulse KOs.

in comes Regice, I sub, he crits.

here's where I went horribly wrong, and clicked dragon pulse out of rage(it was late)
ko, in comes Heatran. shouldn't be a problem right? Crunch >.> I'm pretty much out at this point, though maybe Registeel could pull this out... burn :/ so a combined amount of stupidity on my part and luck on his puts me out of the tower. I updated my orriginal post(link in sig), and like it says, I'll get back to the tower, but I want to complete my Pokedex and beat a master rank contest first

made it to 138 in the plat tower with jump's star/tar/gar team...

Battle #139 starts against some trainer...
Dugtrio v. Starmie:
-checked for arena trap, stuck. "i hope it's not dug3, either way night slash needs a CH..."
-night slash CH, Starmie faints
Dugtrio v. Garchomp:
-figured getting locked into Outrage with potentially bulky guys coming out is no good, went for EQ, duggie faints
Mamoswine v. Garchomp:
-EQ doesn't even 2HKO, all mamo have 252 HP EVs, switch to T-tar
Mamoswine v. T-tar:
-lol fissure, T-tar faints
Mamoswine v. Garchomp:
-Outrage, mamo uses hail
-Outrage, mamo faints
Gliscor v. Garchomp:
-Outrage, counter, gg

it happens

lol what a dick metagross is...battles like this make me long to use timid FT/VW/NP/Sub Infernape once and for all. subbing at 62/187 didn't help since it was bound to put you under 46 HP, but the FPs certainly helped (and you would only have needed one if it had killed registeel since latias and espeon both die to +1 outrage after wounded meta dies to +1 eq). it's battles like this that continue to validate metagross as the biggest fuck in BT/BF history.
yeah, pretty much. i mean you can have good plans against it and all, but in the end, if it decides to get attack boosts from its first 6 turns, it will!

i know what you mean. if in fact i had died when i should have (ie when it got FP with registeel at 8hp) then salamence would have subbed, hoping for a FP. i prob would have EQ'd it as soon as i got the chance, on the offhand chance that i would have been able to KO the incoming opponent without needing to lose my sub. but ive never had any luck waiting for the opponent to be FP while salamence subs - ive actually got down to 2 hp with no luck twice - once i lost, and once i won (the last pokemon was an absol).

as for the sub at 62hp, yeah that was a bad move. i'd like to say in hindsight that i did it "hoping for a FP", but the truth is i was totally in shock by that point lol. i had finally sub'ed, so it goes "ah screw that, i'll just get a crit and attack rise this turn". i was angry and wanted my sub back, and wasnt thinking.

i was lucky to get out of that one, but the AI's hax was far worse than mine, so i think i deserved the change in fortune.

well most of the time facing meta4 it will have 21 IVs, on which jolly outrage does 95% min which is "bearable". I think that with a jolly nature, you might be compelled to run just enough speed EVs to get to 162, 252 in Attack, and rest in HP. using a berry for your status move isn't something i recommend...like, i'd definitely trick and retrick if something paralyzes or burns latias, and go registeel on locked sleep moves and obviously toxic/poison moves. but with electrode...to be fair you had a ~40% of having a 3-turn outrage anyway if you dont CH bronzong (cause +4 doesnt always kill), which wouldn't give you the chance to EQ electrode.

all in all it was a lame battle but i would still lean towards at least giving salamence roost...i'm speaking from the little experience i had with my Metatarsal (Metagross/Tyranitar/Salamence) team that i used for like a day before Team Drapula I wooed me away, but the one thing i hated was how my salamence was only 114 speed (it was the second-to-last poke i bred straight up and it had 30/31/31/x/31/14 IVs iirc which was good enough for the DD i had planned, i thought), because nidoking and like walrein or whatever is 80 speed would have been able to get it with sheer cold in addition to gliscor, and without twave on metagross that blew. i'd go jolly before replacing EQ if you had to choose one.
yes true about meta4 often being 21 IV (it's still scary as hell). and i have "planned" a spread for jolly salamence. i feel like it would be useful to have something faster than things like gliscor etc. in fact, ive thought of upping latias' speed to outspeed scarfed articuno, but havent done that yet (i often just twave them right off the bat).

i often do use the berry for a status move, but only if:

1. i can paralyze the lead, giving me a 25% chance they will actually move.
  2. i can hit the lead with EQ. this way it is unlikely i will have to outrage the second opponent, and very unlikely they will also have a sash.
otherwise, as you say, registeel can take sleep/poison, and latias can retrick (or stall out) burn/paralysis if need be (i usually stall out twave on jolteon).

roost is interesting. when i was planning this team, i was thinking of roost together with dragon claw. i could really see outrage and confusion being a major drawback. but both options also have the problem of static, flame body, etc. i mean imagine the second poke is raichu! with outrage, you have the chance of parafusion when facing the third poke.

well, a couple of interesting things that have happened in the last 100 or so battles:

1. 3 crits in a row. i was facing a paralyzed togekiss which i had assumed had hustle (due to a few misses and lack of flinch on locked air slash). the turn before i sub it gets a crit - 47 hp (1 more point than my sub - this worried me a bit). i sub. next turn i plan to attack it anyway (feeling lazy - should have been more careful). it crits me, but luckily doesnt break sub. i KO and think about how lucky i am the damage roll was lower this time. in comes electivire. i know i have to sub, so i do. the sub (which must have about 1 hp left) was broken by a crit EQ. so, factoring in paralysis and decreased accuracy of air slash odds = (0.0625)^3 * (0.75)^4 = 1 in 12945
  2. fling golem. i tricked it my scarf which it flung back at me (i now had his iron ball). after pp wasting gyroball and hammer arm i recovered as its first EQ hit me. i then realised that i had iron ball, so of course it hit me. but the question is, why didnt it use EQ in the first place? it knew i had iron ball, and EQ was its most powerful attack right from the start. i've had a rampardos use EQ on me right off the bat, so the AI understands mold breaker, but not iron ball. stupid.....
  3. bright powder is gay. trick missed twice in a row against bright powder manectric, who failed to 2HKO with signal beam.
  4. the best opening ever. 1. latias used trick. latias' attack missed. drifblim used shadow ball. 2. latias used trick. latias obtained lax insense. drifblim used explosion. drifblim's attack missed. lol!!!!!

OK then i'm back finally, the reason i was away for so long was becuase i had a very bad virus on my computer and my anti-virus is crap. Anyway no one cares about that so ill move on to the reason i posted

Uxie@choice Scarf
Bold
Evs: 252HP/252Def/4Spd

-Trick
-Thunderwave
-Flash
-Memento

Lucario@Leftovers
Modest
Evs: 244Hp/228SpA/33Spd

-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball
-Calm Mind
-Substitute

Gyarados@Lum Berry
Adamant
Evs: 76HP/252Atk/4Def/4SpD/172Spd

-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-Dragon Dance

Yep Uxie, Lucario, Gyarados interesting combination yeah.
Well first I owe lucario's moveset to Jumpman and Gyarados to McGrue but lucarios EV spread was made by me because although a sitrus berry and 213 speed is good leftovers is better. I did not copy Lucario off EonADS I was using him before he posted his team and mine is different anyway.

Team Elaboration:

Uxie: Wow Uxie is seriously awesome it not only has flash and t-wave like most trickers but memento which is an awesome move that lets lucario set up more easily on strong attackers and with uxie's massive 200 def stat i can usually trick t-wave flash and memento on strong opponents. You may be thinking why i didn't give it 134 or 136 speed to outrun all base 130's and meta but with 116 speed i reach 174 speed which is good enough. I really cant say much more about how great and bulky Uxie is even against Super effective STAB moves.

Lucario: You may look at its bas 70 defences and poor hp stat but with leftovers memento and intimidate for physical or CM for special it can set up as well as any other set up sweeper (Registeel, Scizor) and come out better off with a base 90 stab and Shadow Ball. What made me choose Lucario was because of its Double resistance to bug and dark 2 of uxie's weaknesses and the double resist to rock is also welcome.

Gyarados: Mainly just my backup sweeper if something goes wrong. the difference between him and sala is it has 3 attack moves and DD for better coverage and perhaps this is better for Gyarados than sub since status in not a major problem. As i said this Gyarados is not mine and the moveset was made by McGrue, Waterfall is for STAB Earthquake is for his gaping electric weakness and outrage for things that resist ground and water (grass maybe) and Water + Dragon is good covergage and it worked for McGrue?

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
made it to 138 in the plat tower with jump's star/tar/gar team...

Battle #139 starts against some trainer...
Dugtrio v. Starmie:
-checked for arena trap, stuck. "i hope it's not dug3, either way night slash needs a CH..."
-night slash CH, Starmie faints
Dugtrio v. Garchomp:
-figured getting locked into Outrage with potentially bulky guys coming out is no good, went for EQ, duggie faints
Mamoswine v. Garchomp:
-EQ doesn't even 2HKO, all mamo have 252 HP EVs, switch to T-tar
Mamoswine v. T-tar:
-lol fissure, T-tar faints
Mamoswine v. Garchomp:
-Outrage, mamo uses hail
-Outrage, mamo faints
Gliscor v. Garchomp:
-Outrage, counter, gg

it happens
yeah it does, and it's the main reason i stopped using that team after battle 49. you played that perfectly and there was no way you could win, even if garchomp had focus sash probably because gliscor would have countered you...unless mamo decided to use hail against sash garchomp that maybe has SD over AA so sash gliscor will die to hail after getting hit by +2 outrage and countering but eh. i dont like the chances against weavile without having scarf on garchomp so yeah

well, a couple of interesting things that have happened in the last 100 or so battles:

3 crits in a row. i was facing a paralyzed togekiss which i had assumed had hustle (due to a few misses and lack of flinch on locked air slash). the turn before i sub it gets a crit - 47 hp (1 more point than my sub - this worried me a bit). i sub. next turn i plan to attack it anyway (feeling lazy - should have been more careful). it crits me, but luckily doesnt break sub. i KO and think about how lucky i am the damage roll was lower this time. in comes electivire. i know i have to sub, so i do. the sub (which must have about 1 hp left) was broken by a crit EQ. so, factoring in paralysis and decreased accuracy of air slash odds = (0.0625)^3 * (0.75)^4 = 1 in 12945
to be fair it's closer to 1/8068 since the 75% "accuracy" only applied to togekiss, and twice (though air slash's real accuracy was 95% in that instance, as it always is since hustle doesn't affect special moves)

fling golem. i tricked it my scarf which it flung back at me (i now had his iron ball). after pp wasting gyroball and hammer arm i recovered as its first EQ hit me. i then realised that i had iron ball, so of course it hit me. but the question is, why didnt it use EQ in the first place? it knew i had iron ball, and EQ was its most powerful attack right from the start. i've had a rampardos use EQ on me right off the bat, so the AI understands mold breaker, but not iron ball. stupid.....
this one's odd, though i guess the AI understanding of ability is more broad than its understanding of items since they never know when they are tricked a choice move and use the optimal move, like tricking uturn infernape a choice scarf and having it come back in to use fake out...but that doesnt explain why the AI will constantly Surf Dry Skin pokemon. i only remember once, if ever, that cress/mesprit was EQed after taking an iron ball from a fling poke...

bright powder is gay. trick missed twice in a row against bright powder manectric, who failed to 2HKO with signal beam.
yeah, and bp is really gay when it's SD scizor that's BPing you twice (this is a mess for like all trick teams that dont have something like infernape)

the best opening ever. 1. latias used trick. latias' attack missed. drifblim used shadow ball. 2. latias used trick. latias obtained lax insense. drifblim used explosion. drifblim's attack missed. lol!!!!!
lol that's great, so deserved

to be fair it's closer to 1/8068 since the 75% "accuracy" only applied to togekiss, and twice (though air slash's real accuracy was 95% in that instance, as it always is since hustle doesn't affect special moves)
ah, does hustle only effect physical moves?? i never knew that.

this one's odd, though i guess the AI understanding of ability is more broad than its understanding of items since they never know when they are tricked a choice move and use the optimal move, like tricking uturn infernape a choice scarf and having it come back in to use fake out...but that doesnt explain why the AI will constantly Surf Dry Skin pokemon. i only remember once, if ever, that cress/mesprit was EQed after taking an iron ball from a fling poke...
i think someone (you or peterko) posted a while back about the AI's poke "learning" something had sturdy and then stopped using its OHKO moves (spamming rest and sleep talk instead).

yeah, and bp is really gay when it's SD scizor that's BPing you twice (this is a mess for like all trick teams that dont have something like infernape)
lol yeah. also gay when you are scizor and the opponent's moltres doesnt even need BP hax to give you a hard time. i still feel bad that your 500th d/p battle wasnt say the 501st battle :(

lol that's great, so deserved
totally!! i did record that one, and uploaded it to my computer - might make a video one day, but the rest of the battle is slightly meh.... had a similar one yesterday when trick missed gaydol (who used rockslide) - i was really scared it would blow up on the 2nd turn, because it was a PI and i really didnt want to face it with absolutely no setup.

The Battle Arcade too..

Then let's post a record.

49 Siege
Battle Arcade Single

Battle Arcade is funny 8) Really, it's so easy to stop this roulette to get whatever you want lol. This time there's no photo because i always made them with the webcam in my father's laptop but now it doesn'nt work. My team, well, my team, I just took the Garchomp from the Battle Hall and then I took Metagross and Latias from D/P-times which are just EV-trained, the 2 lasts have random IVs.. The truth is that I just wanted to try out how the Battle Arcade works, but then I came to the battles 35+ and at the moment I don't have the time to build a good team so I just took this team (I just wanted the gold photo)
But a proof is necessary so I recorded the battle for the gold photo, I didn't record the battle I lost which was the next one:
32-02800-14399

Thanks for your attention.

Finally got a bit of break from school to play a bit of Pokemon! Yay!

I just got up to 154 streak in Platinum Double Battle Tower, beating my previous 148 rain dance team streak (hence the reason for posting). Streak still continues. I'll post a better write up probably when I lose.

Team is nearly the same as my previous Trick Room team (TR Bronzong, lvl 1 Duskull, LO Camerupt, Iron Ball Fling Ttar), except now Iron Ball Fling No Guard Machamp replaced Tyranitar. It was quite the logical replacement.

Other than two first turn Sheer Colds missing (Lapras and Dewgong), the only other close call was at battle 152 facing Legend leads Moltres and Regirock and Rockslide flinched Bronzong. For some stupid reason I decided to switch Duskull out to Machamp. No idea why I did that since that's quite a dumb move, but luckily still won that one. I actually made another mistake too. It was the last turn of Trick Room with full health Duskull and full health Camerupt facing full health Articuno and Heatran. I should have just exploded with duskull using pain split on Heatran (gets rid of potential sash problem and also guarantee OHKO unless bright powder), but instead I pain split Articuno and Eruption to guarantee KO on Articuno. Heatran Crunch to activate sash. (I didn't realize it then, but now I realize it's the QC one.) TR ends, Duskull Protects. Heatran Stone Edge Duskull. EQ KOs Heatran. So anyway, I should never switch. Not sure what I was thinking.

Hopefully I'll get over 200 at least. I'll see. O yeah, Duskull still has the same moveset (Protect / Pain Split / Leer / Foresight). I see Pain Split being slightly more useful than Leer (PS does considerably more than a lvl 50 night shade most of the time, with 100% accuracy), but yah, leer's still better in some situations, but Destiny Bond certainly deserves serious consideration for my next run when I lose this one. Machamp's moveset is Rockslide / Protect / Dynamic Punch / Fling.

Battle Castle (Single)
CP: 9
Wins: 50

Just too easy another time. I got with the same cheap team from the Battle Arcade to the Gold fight and the next one, at the first try! Then I had a meeting with the legendary birds and I lost.

Here are the 2 Videos:
Gold fight: 50-73295-15863
How I lost: 41-55345-36287

Sorry this is delayed - I have been (and still am) sick, so I couldn't help it.

In some way you will see the benefit in me saying that "it's even easier for me to find such mistakes" without getting some nonexistant sense of superiority—after all, better to know that your team is great than that I'm a hindsight champion even if both are true (as I've stated before to someone else itt). So basically, the biggest room for improvement here was when you decided to switch from Cresselia to Registeel immediatey after Tricking. I was surprised to see this but had to remind myself it wasn't my battle I was watching—I always, always Flash/Charm/Reflect on pokes even if they don't do that much damage to Cresselia, and in one sense *especially* if.
I do that so that in the event of Registeel dying, more HP means more likelihood of Cresselia making it easy enough for Salamence to set up. Normally Registeel doesn't die, but it was a human error (not knowing Double-edge's PP, and laziness) that caused my downfall, not that decision.

There's little reason not to further impede the potential of a threat, no matter how little, with your lead. A lot of people like to save their Trick leads and have them as unscathed as possible, which is a decision I've tried to advise against in this thread for a number of reasons. I don't know if this is why you saved Cresselia or if you felt that Registeel really didn't need that much assistance setting up against Double-Edge, but regardless, there's almost no reason to not have thrown one or two Flashes in Mamo's eyes even though you couldn't paralyze it. If Registeel needs 10 turns to set up (six Curses, three Amnesias and one Sub) and Mamoswine has exactly 19 turns max on your screen after the Trick, you can definitely spare the "time" to Flash it a few times allowing for a few Subs from Registeel.
To me, being able to survive if Registeel dies is more than enough reason to forego further impediments. Maybe you were thinking more in terms of your team, i.e. Drapion... if I had him instead of Steel, obviously I would do as much hindering as possible before starting an Acupressure spamfest. The main difference being that once Drapion is fully set-up, you've won (speaking of which, you must be over 3000 by now, Jumpman).

tldr flash rules even more than you know now!!
Your love of the move Flash brightens my day when I see things like Peterko's argument about Recover > Flash, etc. I had an idea for an advertising campaign to promote Flash, but it's a bit inappropriate...

Hahaha, I was wondering when and if someone would ever see that! I spent like 10-15 minutes last spring coming up with the most offensive/funny combination I could find and that's what I decided on. The notion of trading your Mother is pretty funny too, though...
I still have your video saved so I'll never forget it. Since my life is sad, I'll spend tomorrow trying to find the funniest thing you can write using the provided words.

One last thing I'd like to say:

My efforts in the Tower were all in vain.

Crazy platinium battle frontier...

I had 67 wins in the Battle Arcade Single Mode.
My Team:

~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Heat Wave
~ Roost

~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge

~ Fire Blast
~ Earth Power
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Explosion

I had to battle against: Alakazam, Breloom, Raichu.
My Heatran was asleep because of the roulette.

Zapdos vs. Alakazam
He uses Psychic, makes about 70% damage, my Thunderbolt about 95%.
He kills my Zapdos, now Heatran. Focus Blast, kill.
Gyarados in and finally I can kill his Alakazam, but Raichu kills Gyarados.

I don't have any awesome Ursaring figurines :(

Well, I reached 1001 wins on Friday night :)

I am still undefeated, so this streak may still grow, but it will be much slower now.

Here is the video of battles 995-1001. These battles were relatively easy (as most are with these kinds of teams). If you want to see some closer matches, I recorded a few:

I used the exact same team as in my 459 streak, so I won't post detailed descriptions - check the 459 post if you want to know more. But I did take some new pictures of the team members:

DAWN - Latias
Captured by: Aragornbird
Timid - Choice Scarf
IVs: 31 / 28 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
EVs: 252 HP / 182 Def / 76 Spe
Level 50 Stats: 187 / x / 133 / x / 150 / 154
Moves: Trick, Charm, Thunderwave, Recover

CLAW - Registeel
Captured by: Destiny100
Careful - Leftovers
IVs: 30 / 31 / 30 / 13 / 31 / 26
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 146 Def / 12 Sp Def
Level 50 Stats: 186 / 108 / 188 / x / 189 / 68
Moves: Substitute, Curse, Amnesia, Iron Head

CHARLIE - Salamence
Bred by: Rename Card
Adamant - Lum Berry
IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 Sp Def
Level 50 Stats: 170 / 205 / 100 / x / 101 / 152
Moves: Substitute, Dragon Dance, Outrage, Earthquake​

I don't have any awesome Ursaring figurines :(
Your record is still awesome though! Congratulations, and good to see you're still going strong in the BT!
(I can only hope I get to even 100... specially seeing as I have no time to even breed Pokemon...)

And if you preordered HG/SS, you should get an awesome Ho-Oh/Lugia figurine, right?

Wow, Bozo... I had no idea you were past 1000 already! You should've PMed me in advance or something, honestly...

Also, I like how you took pictures of each team member against its non-shiny counterpart.

But of course, your streak is unfinished and therefore worthless! Depending on whose opinion you go by, of course...

Not much else to say... just remember not to get lazy as the Tower always pounces on those opportunities to hax you. Although it doesn't matter much since you're past 1000, and unless you're near 2000 it doesn't really 'matter' if you lose from now on...

Edit: Also, very clever how you waited until your post would begin a new page, so as to gain more attention! I was going to do that too, but it was taking too long...

Your record is still awesome though! Congratulations, and good to see you're still going strong in the BT!
(I can only hope I get to even 100... specially seeing as I have no time to even breed Pokemon...)

And if you preordered HG/SS, you should get an awesome Ho-Oh/Lugia figurine, right?
i preordered SS, but in australia all you get for that is the poke-walker thing :(

Also, very clever how you waited until your post would begin a new page, so as to gain more attention! I was going to do that too, but it was taking too long...
i was going to say it was good timing for you to delay responding to my pm until the page ticked over ;) honestly, i didnt wait for it to happen, but when i saw how many posts there were this morning, i was happy.

as for "gaining attention", well.... look at it all lol :)

i preordered SS, but in australia all you get for that is the poke-walker thing :(
We never seem to get all the pre-order bonuses that they give out in the US and Europe, etc.

i was going to say it was good timing for you to delay responding to my pm until the page ticked over ;) honestly, i didnt wait for it to happen, but when i saw how many posts there were this morning, i was happy.

as for "gaining attention", well.... look at it all lol :)
I was half-kidding about the top-of-the-page thing, but it is convenient regardless of your intent, to get noticed by more people. Indeed, that's why pictures are good regardless of the position on the page!

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
updated the list

1. 2366 because you said you completed that set of 7

2. trying to grow up...at least a tiny bit

3. congrats and good luck

on the other hand, I´d rather see you losing soon :p
also your approach on scor makes me wonder hehe

4. came out of nowhere and feels like it was pulled out of someone´s ass...
I personally don´t trust that record, still can´t omit it without a reason...
I can´t say much about the team, but getting an 800 on the supposedly first try with a team is unbelievable (unless you´re J with tens of hours theorymon and hundreds of hours of general tower exp. to back it up)

status reports? I don´t remember if there were (m)any...

also, for me, the 461 is NOT more believable just because it´s a lower number...whoever played doubles tower knows that shit happens even more often when the oponent has 2 pokémon out at the same time...and that vaporeon must´ve died a billion times before setting up rain...whatever

those 2 records were put up there, but it´s not 100% sure yet that they will stay there

5. don´t be depressed because you don´t own the highest record (neither do I), despite sacrificing a lot of time for your efforts...I don´t know you well enough, but I hope you get over this sadness about pokémon stuff, there are more important things in life (at times not lol)

by the way you´re the person with the most teams put on the list ;)

bleh forgot the promised no "." lol had to update once more

as always, if there are any mistakes, post here in the topic

congrats on your streak Bozo! love the pics. man, i wish i could at least break a 1k streak :( but this is my last BT attempt on platinum because HG/SS is coming out soon. i'm still playing doubles though

We never seem to get all the pre-order bonuses that they give out in the US and Europe, etc.
aw, too bad :(

i was just in EB the other day, and saw the games on the new releases shelf and felt like i must be so out of the loop. i was thinking these things are still just in japan, would be in the US for a few months before we get em, but here they are for sale. so i brought SS to the counter and they said it was not out yet. but if you preorder you get the pokewalker, which i thought came standard with them. definitely no figurine, but you can buy that stuff in those little vending machines (random which one you get though).

I was half-kidding about the top-of-the-page thing, but it is convenient regardless of your intent, to get noticed by more people. Indeed, that's why pictures are good regardless of the position on the page!
yep - i wont say i cried ;)

related question - in this particular thread, it always says one too many posts. ie at this point when i hover over page 88 it says "posts 2176 to 2183 of 2183" but there is only 2182 (until i hit submit). when a page has just been filled, i even get a phantom page, which says it has one post on it, but clicking on it takes me to the real last page. why?!?!?!

updated the list

1. 2366 because you said you completed that set of 7

i'm guessing he could be a little higher than that ;)

2. trying to grow up...at least a tiny bit

on ya :)

3. congrats and good luck

on the other hand, I´d rather see you losing soon :p

awwwwww..... :(

also your approach on scor makes me wonder hehe

i face gliscor like a man! :pirate:

i've now seen it do two things other than guillotine (which it did about the first 5-6 times i faced it as a lead). u-turned once, and countered once, and i guess i'll never see it EQ my latias ;)

if i die in 4 turns then that's just how it happens....

4. came out of nowhere and feels like it was pulled out of someone´s ass...
I personally don´t trust that record, still can´t omit it without a reason...
I can´t say much about the team, but getting an 800 on the supposedly first try with a team is unbelievable (unless you´re J with tens of hours theorymon and hundreds of hours of general tower exp. to back it up)

i am also dubious.

status reports? I don´t remember if there were (m)any...

there was one where he said he was bored with singles and was up to 700. in my opinion anyone who is obsessive enough to get to 700 would most likely be even more obsessed with the 1000-mark, and be very determined to get there.

also, for me, the 461 is NOT more believable just because it´s a lower number...whoever played doubles tower knows that shit happens even more often when the oponent has 2 pokémon out at the same time...and that vaporeon must´ve died a billion times before setting up rain...whatever

totally agreed.

those 2 records were put up there, but it´s not 100% sure yet that they will stay there

5. don´t be depressed because you don´t own the highest record (neither do I), despite sacrificing a lot of time for your efforts...I don´t know you well enough, but I hope you get over this sadness about pokémon stuff, there are more important things in life (at times not lol)

agreedagain. its pretty much random when the tower decides to pull the rug out from under you (eg peterko's 2363 battle, and there was a battle near 700 where a crit from gyarados would have ended it for him, and a few battles like that for me).

by the way you´re the person with the most teams put on the list ;)

that's an interesting point actually :)

bleh forgot the promised no "." lol had to update once more

hehe one of his names is a DDimentio still ;)

as always, if there are any mistakes, post here in the topic
well, that was the shortest ive ever had to wait until getting put in the list.

i still think unbroken streaks should be recognised as such. not just because my current streak is unbroken. just because there is actually a difference - why would we want to deliberately hide it?

Hey, I just noticed something strange about keeret's D/P Double Battle Tower 240 streak: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1549937&postcount=899

He said the streak ended at 240 (by poor play and misclick), with a photo of it, but then, the photo says "CURRENT Win Streak: 240" ... and of course 240 is not divisible by 7 either so he couldn't have just taken a picture after 240 and then lost at 241. Soooo yeah, a bit strange.

Just a small update, I'm at 182 for my Platinum Double Battle Tower streak (just passed Edwin illan's streak). Still continuing.

Thanks for updating Peterko!

Gratz on your 4 digit streak, Bozo!

Hey, I just noticed something strange about keeret's D/P Double Battle Tower 240 streak: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1549937&postcount=899

He said the streak ended at 240 (by poor play and misclick), with a photo of it, but then, the photo says "CURRENT Win Streak: 240" ... and of course 240 is not divisible by 7 either so he couldn't have just taken a picture after 240 and then lost at 241. Soooo yeah, a bit strange.
oh yeah, another hacker discovered. now that is stupid. my suggestion is that he is removed from the list, and then these posts referring to it are also removed so future (unusually stupid) hackers don't get the idea of "make it a multiple of 7".

Just a small update, I'm at 182 for my Platinum Double Battle Tower streak (just passed Edwin illan's streak). Still continuing.
nicely done - keep going - another 100 or so and you'll be in the top 3 :)

Gratz on your 4 digit streak, Bozo!
cheers :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)