Platinum/HG/SS Battle Frontier and DP Battle Tower Records

the battle factory record is only 52? I could of sword I've broken 100 before, are these not up to date or do not as many people care about battle factory?

edit: for level 50 I mean

the battle factory record is only 52? I could of sword I've broken 100 before, are these not up to date or do not as many people care about battle factory?

edit: for level 50 I mean
People do care about Battle Factory; it's just a total bitch.

Exactly, I love Battle Factory! I like how it always feels fresh, since I'm using different Pokemon each round. Plus, since none of the Pokemon are your own, it takes a different sort of skill to judge what the best Pokemon are, and which ones are better for which situations, at least within the context of the Frontier. Using the pre-designed Frontier Pokemon only, you get a feel for what the developers wanted to do with the specific movesets, since a human player is actually using them, as opposed to them all being CPU played.

Now, Double Battle Factory... thats an entirely different beast. One which I have not dared to tackle yet.

Lol, Battle factory IS a bitch. I'm not the best battler around (and I get hax a lot, but meh, who doesn't at BF/BT), and I was completely unprepared for the factory brain....

I barely take down Raikou (Ampharos wasn't dealing with it correctly) and it raped my toxic/Leech seed/ Giga drain / double team sceptile (kinda effective actually) and I didn't check who the brain was/what he had and then he brings out registeel. Registeel vs Floatzel, and I'm aware Registeel has pretty bad offense, just like floatzel has bad defense....

Focus blast hits just in time for it to get Tbolted >.>

Open level though

But, if I recall, factory brain uses random pokemon right? Cause if he does, he got WTFHAX with Raikou + registeel + missingno >.>

All right, here's a new record for me, from my first run on the SS Tower.

SoulSilver Battle Tower Singles: 268

(At least I'm one of the higher streaks in HGSS :P)

The team itself isn't much different from my old one. I've tried many other teams since them (including Peterko's and some of my own creation), but I just can't match the success the team this team has had. Moreover, I wouldn't be satisfied with a record obtained by a team that I took from another person, and I'm stubbornly intent on getting further with this team. I fell short of the 300 mark I was aiming for, but that's the Frontier for you.

Uxie @ Choice Scarf **(Crux)
Bold Nature
EVs: 252 HP/ 184 Sp Def / 72 Def
~Trick
~Thunderwave
~Flash
~Memento

The enduring little pixie. Without a doubt, Uxie is my favorite Scarf lead, and has arguably superior typing to Latias and a better movepool than Cresselia. I'm not sure if those EVs are precisely accurate, but they essentially make it so that Uxie's Sp Def is one point higher than its Def, so Porygon-Z doesn't get that nasty little Sp Atk boost. Not much more to say about him. I trust everyone here knows how this fellow works.

Scizor @ Muscle Band **(Overkill)
Adamant Nature
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Sp Def / 4 Spe
~Swords Dance
~Substitute
~Brick Break
~Falcon Punch

With the obvious exception of "Ubers" Registeel and Drapion, Scizor is as close to perfect as you can get with a TrickScarf sweeper, particularly when used in conjunction with Uxie. This is the same Scizor I used in my previous team, but with some slight modifications. The biggest change I made was replacing Roost with Brick Break. Since Scizor is naturally faster than most Steels and a good chunk of bulky Waters that resist Bullet Punch, Brick Break was an obvious choice. Between those two moves, Scizor OHKOs everything except for Pokemon that resist both attacks (Slowbro/king, Moltres, some Zapdos, etc.), Cresselia, Skarmory, and bulky Tangrowth (and probably a few others I forgot to mention, but that doesn't matter). The EV spread gives him some well-needed bulk, and the 4 speed EVs are to outrun other Scizor and Vaporeon. He usually sets up on leads locked into Status moves, Stat-Up moves, and -2 resisted attacks, so setup is a cinch. "Scizor is (almost) Uber".

Latias @ Draco Plate **(Celeste)
Timid Nature
EVs: 244 HP / 20 Def / 160 Sp Atk / 84 Spe
~Calm Mind
~Substitute
~Recover
~Dragon Pulse

The newcomer. I replaced Suicune with Latias, largely to compensate for my team's gaping weakness to electric attacks. Latias far surpasses Suicune in both tanking and sweeping. Between Scizor and Latias, my sweepers resist all types but Rock and Flying, so that in the vast majority of cases I have an easy setup. The EVs work beautifully: 84 speed ensure I outrun all max speed neutral nature base 100s, and then are bumped up one more point to 155 to outrun Garchomp 2-4. At 186 HP, 150 Sp Atk and Sp Def, and a modest but workable 113 defense, Latias in one hell of a tank. She usually only sees action when the enemy lead gets locked into a Fire, Electric, or Water move, but is a very formidable sweeper 1v1 when Scizor gets knocked out.

Team's major problems:

Obviously, OHKO Quick Claw abusers are annoying, and anti-Trick Pokemon like Gastrodon and Muk, Choice Item users, Metagross, and Staraptor are also frustrating.

Pokemon that Scizor can't one-shot are a big nuisance, as they can then break Scizor's sub and leave him relatively bare. Teams that carry more than one of these Pokemon are the worst. In one particular instance, I BP'd a Moltres who survived and broke my sub before fainting, only to have Heatran thrown in my face. Which leads me to my team's biggest problem:

Heatran. That sonofabitch. The only time my team really stands a chance is when Scizor is safe behind a sub (which fortunately was the case most of the time), where Brick Break is an easy OHKO. However, I always lose my sub to Heatran before taking it down. Latias hates fighting Heatran, because she has to grapple with boosting herself while fending off its attacks, since Dragon Pulse is dismally weak against Heatran without setup. So it's pretty obvious how I lost.

Battle 269 Warstory:

Really not much of a story at all. The Tower thought it was time for me to go, and there wasn't really much I could do. The opponent leads with Regigigas, who gets locked into Double Team. So I naturally assume I've won the battle already. I set up Scizor and Bullet Punch Regi to hell. And the b*stard sends in a Heatran. I'm behind a sub, so I'm not too worried. But the damn Brightpowder activates and Brick Break misses, and Heatran breaks my sub. All of a sudden, things look pretty bleak. I Bullet Punch, doing about 30% damage, just to get some damage down, and down goes Scizor. I switch back to Uxie, and proceed to spam Thunderwave and Flash until my health is low, and use Memento. Then it's my naked Latias against a -2 Heatran. At -2, Heatran's Dragon pulse still breaks Latias's subs, so my only choice really is to Calm Mind, so I can stall with Recover and Substitute until I can manage to set up. So first turn I use Calm Mind, Heatran uses Dragon Pulse, critical hit, game over.

In retrospect, the only thing I could possibly have done differently was switch back to Uxie without sacrificing Scizor, but I had forgotten Uxie was still alive and therefore didn't think to do that. Had I been precient enough to see a critical hit coming, or assumed that Heatran couldn't break my subs, I would've used sub with Latias on the first turn... but how could I have known? So, all in all, I fell victim to the same old bad luck that gets all of us in the end.

By the way, none of the BT Heatrans run any speed, so at least 100 Speed EVs on Scizor to outspeed Heatran might be a good idea if you wish to pursue another streak using Scizor. 132EVs to outspeed no speed base 81, 164 EVs to outspeed no speed base 85.

SoulSilver Battle Tower Singles: 268

(At least I'm one of the higher streaks in HGSS :P)
is that the best hg/ss streak to date?

nice team - it would seem to me that heatran being such a disaster for scizor, it would be worth sacrificing 10 hit points to bump up the speed to outspeed it? heatran seems to come up so frequently you can't really afford to just hope it will always be ok. things like consecutive bright powder misses are unavoidable, and will happen from time to time, but yeah....

i'm still in the platinum battle castle - i won't start hg/ss battle frontier until i've finished there, ie got to 1000 or lost again. i really hope its the former, not the latter, because i got reasonably close last time, and it is sooooo slooooow compared to breezing through the BT with trick teams. i am most definitely not using mimic glitched moves, but i think when i do hg/ss, i might use a sheer cold machamp just for kicks (and certainly not official recognition!).

Hello Everyone,

I am relatively new to smogon, though I started playing pokemon with Red/Blue. I stopped playing after gold/silver until diamond/perl. I learned about IVs and EVs while playing Diamond, though I suspected something to that effect existed before learning about them.

I don't have as much time to play anymore now that I have a job and a wife, so I took advantage of the sendpkm.py that recently surfaced to create my team. I put a lot of effort into making sure that the team I created follows all the rules. I don't have any amazing records (I'm just barely short of 100 at the time of this post) but I was wondering if I am automatically disqualified from this thread because of the way I got my team even though I could have gotten the same team if I put hours and hours into RNGing and EV training. If I'm good then I'll take the time to post my taem and share my thoughts and maybe a few warstories.

Hello Everyone,

I am relatively new to smogon, though I started playing pokemon with Red/Blue. I stopped playing after gold/silver until diamond/perl. I learned about IVs and EVs while playing Diamond, though I suspected something to that effect existed before learning about them.

I don't have as much time to play anymore now that I have a job and a wife, so I took advantage of the sendpkm.py that recently surfaced to create my team. I put a lot of effort into making sure that the team I created follows all the rules. I don't have any amazing records (I'm just barely short of 100 at the time of this post) but I was wondering if I am automatically disqualified from this thread because of the way I got my team even though I could have gotten the same team if I put hours and hours into RNGing and EV training. If I'm good then I'll take the time to post my taem and share my thoughts and maybe a few warstories.
well, i for one am always happy to hear about people's teams and experiences, regardless of how the pokemon were created - what is this sendpkm thing anyway?

as i see it, this is a place for discussing streaks/teams and how they have done against the battle frontier, but the way in which the individual pokemon were obtained is another matter. we all have our preferences for how things are obtained etc (i prefer to do things the legit way), but that's another debate. records should never be hacked of course, and pokemon with illegal moves/stats etc are total no-no's naturally.

so let us know your story!

sendpkm.py is a python program crated by someone over on the projectpokemon.com forums (EDIT: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/sh...website-research&p=67086&viewfull=1#post67086 links right to the file, but I highly recommend reading the whole thread to see what it is about) that allows you to spoof the GTS and send pokesav created pokemon to your game without ever touching your game with any hacking devices. I have never used AR and I have never used anything to rip my save file to PC and alter it. What I did was create the team I wanted in pokesav, being very careful to make sure that every detail was something that I could obtain in game via legit in game means, and then beam the pokemon to my game by tricking the DS into thinking my PC was the GTS trying to send me a pokemon. I'll be happy to take pictures of my DS with the stat and moveset pages open for scrutiny. Anyways, here is the team I put together...

EDIT: I am playing on Heart Gold.

Hasty Infernape@Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
IVs - 31\31\31\31\31\31
EVs - 0\130\0\128\0\252
Earthquake
Close Combat
Flamethrower
Fake Out

Infernape is fast, but not amazingly fast. I used a hasty nature and full speed EVs to make him as fast as possible. Fake out is such an amazing ability to have. I use it on everything (unless it might have inner focus) even if I plan on switching out. It breaks focus sashes and does a little damage which often makes the difference between OHKOs and 2HKOs. With my own focus sash I am able to stay in to take a hit I know would otherwise kill me in order to finish off a foe or activate blaze to boost my flamethrower. Close Combat actually works in my favor by lowering defenses because it will make sure I get below that 33% mark. Every attack that is strong against Infernape is weak against...

Timid Latios@Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
IVs - 31\31\31\31\31\31
EVs - 6\0\0\252\0\252
Psychic
Surf
Grass Knot
Ice Beam

This Latios is inspired by Jumpman's Starmie. Latios is a little slower than Starmie so I went with the beneficial speed nature. Latios's greater special attack is even better than Starmie's beneficial nature special attack and this moveset gives me super effective attacks against NINE types! There are two other great moves that I could swap in: Dragon Pulse and Thunderbolt. It took me a long time to decide, but in the end they didn't make the cut. Latios is such a great partner for Infernape. Their strengths and weaknesses are almost an exact mirror image, allowing for easy switches. Also, both of these pokemon are strong against fire, which is the only weakness of...

Adamant Scizor@Choice Band
Ability: Technician
IVs - 31\31\31\31\31\31
EVs - 6\252\0\0\0\252
Bullet Punch
Superpower
Bug Bite
Aerial Ace

I love Scizor. I loved Scyther in R/B but was sad because he sucked so much. Scizor is my powerhouse. Because both my other pokemon are strong against Fire I can switch Scizor in on just about anything. I chose Bug Bite over U Turn because it is stronger after Technician, the berry stealing is very valuable, and typically if I am choosing a bug type attack it is because I want to use it again, not because I want to swap out. I picked Aerial Ace because it gets technician bonus and I need something to hit those damn brightpowder/double team users without fail. I thought about Brick Break over Superpower since I could spam it without dropping my attack, but then I realized that even after the stat drops my Superpower is stronger than Brick Break and due to its higher power it will far more often OHKO things.

I just hit 105 wins. I saw how effective the top teams are using trick teams or stat boosting teams but I really don't have the patience for that. I have only had two really good battles so far but I don't remember all the details enough for a good warstory. I promise to pay more attention to the next one so I can share!

EDIT:
Well, it just figures... I lost at battle 108, just short of the leaderboard...

It was a seeming sure win at first. She sends out Gliscor, I swap to Latios expecting an earthquake. I got an aerial ace instead, but it doesn't do much damage. I Ice Beam, Gliscor dies, Drifblim comes out. I have nothing for the ghost type so I just surf, expecting to do a decent amount of damage and finish it with a bullet punch. I get it almost dead and Latios dies. I bullet punch with Scizor and expect nothing to be able to finish me off now. Charizard comes out. I'm still not worried. I can bullet punch once, then Fake Out, then Close Combat, and if that doesn't kill it focus sash will let me hold on to get a Blaze powered flamethrower in to finish the job. I bullet punch for decent damage then die. I fake out for a little more damage then I Close Combat.... but it MISSES. I hate brightpowder so much. I get knocked down to 1 hp and think I should still be able to win because the Charizard is so low on life and I can now get a Blaze powered flamethrower in if it doesn't miss. It doesn't miss, but it leaves Charizard alive... I didn't see any red left in his life bar, he was just barely hanging on. Charizard uses some attack doesn't matter because I only have 1 hp. I guess I get to start over...

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
My first ever simultaneous Battle Hall streak ended

Pokémon Platinum Battle Hall streak: 186

FLYING #170 Hall Matron Argenta – Slaking: OHKO
FLYING #171 Bird Keeper Nancy – Mantine: OHKO
GROUND #172 PKMN Ranger Doyle – Camerupt: 3HKO
ROCK #173 Veteran Costin – Tyranitar: OHKO
WATER #174 PKMN Breeder Adriana – Cloyster: OHKO
PSYCHIC #175 PKMN Breeder Howard – Exeggutor: OHKO
GHOST #176 PKMN Ranger Duke – Banette: 2HKO
GRASS #177 PI Ralph – Meganium: 2HKO
DRAGON #178 Veteran Alfred – Altaria: OHKO
DARK #179 Roughneck Ross – Shiftry: 2HKO
NORMAL #180 PKMN Breeder Tyron – Snorlax: OHKO

BUG #181 PKMN Breeder Adriana – Ninjask: OHKO
POISON #182 Veteran Beck – Vileplume: OHKO
ICE #183 Ace Trainer – Dewgong: difficult one, got a sD drop + CH in the end
ELECTRIC #184 PKMN Ranger Mena – Rotom: 2HKO
FIGHTING #185 PKMN Ranger Alma – Primeape: Cross Chop 2/3 missed, Counter OHKO
STEEL #186 Cameraman Darren – Steelix: Flamethrower 92%, Burn / Curse, Burn KO
FIRE #187 Policeman Hugh – Ninetales:
1. Protect - WoW (lol)
2. WoW burn - Psychic
3. C-ray - Psychic sD drop White Herb kicks in, burn dmg
4. Quick Attack CH - hurt herself + burn dmg, 315/651 HP
5. Overheat sharp spA drop - hurt herself + burn dmg, 86/651
6. Overheat - 11/651 Psychic, gg...lol what? I actually lost, apparently, tales SURVIVED my psychic and I died to the burn (didn´t pay attention as I was typing this...but yeah the first two psychics both did about 1/3 damage)

so I lost to confusion (like I always do) and misfortune with the rng part of the damage formula

- I´m seriously reconsidering the moveset...maybe I´ll test Water Pulse (over psychic) in the next run, but I´m sure I´ll lose to something like Poliwrath in Fighting type or other things, yeah I bet Dewgong because of its ability and no sD drops :/ (or a poison type)...damn

Pokémon Heart Gold Battle Hall streak: 181
#170 Hall Matron Argenta – Feraligatr: RD/cou, AT/cou KO
#171 PKMN Breeder Howard – Moltres: Thunderbolt 2HKO
#172 PKMN Ranger Doyle – Hippowdon: 2HKO
#173 Hiker Everett – Lunatone: 2HKO
#174 Ace Trainer Yardley – Lanturn: 4or5HKO (?)
#175 PI Ralph – Espeon: 2HKO but 4-5 misses
#176 Ace Trainer Stavros – Banette: 2HKO
#177 Ace Trainer Zane – Bellossom: OHKO after Stun Spore
#178 Dragon Tamer Harold – Garchomp: OHKO
#179 Roughneck Ross – Shiftry: 2HKO
#180 Veteran Beck – Kecleon: OHKO
#181 Ace Trainer Yardley – Scizor: 2HKO
#182 PKMN Ranger Doyle – Gengar:
1. protect - hypnosis (lol no idea why I do this)
2. hypnosis - fast asleep
3. sludge bomb - fast asleep
4. nightmare - fast asleep, nightmare cuts B in her sleep
5. sludge bomb - fast asleep, nightmare cuts B in her sleep once again
6. sludge bomb - survives with 1HP, wakes up, psychic 95%
7. sludge bomb - B faints

- I obviously lost because of a 4 turn sleep, that sucks
- oh yeah, did dark at #179 and not #180 like I usually do to try not to face umbreon, it worked ;)
- I played both streaks at the same time, on 2 DS lites

here some pics for amusement :/ (sorry the first one is pretty bad)

guess I have no choice but call the three investigators (anyone remember Jupiter Jones, Pete(r) Crenshaw & Bob Andrews? haha reading the books were good times)

the infamous old hag, twice

what she used, but failed :p

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
ok i got to 260 in the hall now for an obvious reason, "sorry" tre: 50-73295-10413

is that the best hg/ss streak to date?

nice team - it would seem to me that heatran being such a disaster for scizor, it would be worth sacrificing 10 hit points to bump up the speed to outspeed it? heatran seems to come up so frequently you can't really afford to just hope it will always be ok. things like consecutive bright powder misses are unavoidable, and will happen from time to time, but yeah....
I'm not sure. Peterko doesn't distinguish between Platinum and HGSS, since they're the same. But I'd bet it's among the highest to date. I wouldn't imagine that to be the case for long, though.

That may not be a bad idea, to be honest. Most of my losses using Scizor involved Heatran... how significant is of a drop would 12 HP be on a Scizor like that? (To get him up to 98 Spe, it would mean a drop from 167 HP to 155 HP).

I'm not sure. Peterko doesn't distinguish between Platinum and HGSS, since they're the same. But I'd bet it's among the highest to date. I wouldn't imagine that to be the case for long, though.

That may not be a bad idea, to be honest. Most of my losses using Scizor involved Heatran... how significant is of a drop would 12 HP be on a Scizor like that? (To get him up to 98 Spe, it would mean a drop from 167 HP to 155 HP).

If you went with the 98 speed just so you can outspeed enemy Heatran you'd have to use an EV spread of: 252 Attack/76 HP/104 Speed/78 Special Defense bringing his stats to: 155/200/120/67/110/98 assuming max. ivs but, unfortunately even with Scizor outspeeding all of the Heatran versions Scizor won't be able to OHKO Heatran with Brick Break doing a maximum of around 64% (with max. ivs) so he'll need at least a Swords Dance to OHKO but, the Heatran with a Focus Sash will survive you anyway and OHKO back with Magma Storm, hope for a miss:) The only Heatran that your Scizor will have a chance against is Heatran 920 whose strongest attack against Scizor is Stone Edge doing a maximum of 38% (assuming max. ivs). Just noticed that your team is a trick based team so that changes things a bit, if your opponent leads with a Heatran then you can beat it easily by swapping to your Latias if it's locked into a move that she resists or to Scizor that he resists but, if your opponent doesn't lead with a Heatran then you'll have to find a teammate replacement that can counter Heatran otherwise you'll almost always lose to Heatran unless it's the opponent's lead pokemon.

If you went with the 98 speed just so you can outspeed enemy Heatran you'd have to use an EV spread of: 252 Attack/76 HP/104 Speed/78 Special Defense bringing his stats to: 155/200/120/67/110/98 assuming max. ivs but, unfortunately even with Scizor outspeeding all of the Heatran versions Scizor won't be able to OHKO Heatran with Brick Break doing a maximum of around 64% (with max. ivs) so he'll need at least a Swords Dance to OHKO but, the Heatran with a Focus Sash will survive you anyway and OHKO back with Magma Storm, hope for a miss:) The only Heatran that your Scizor will have a chance against is Heatran 920 whose strongest attack against Scizor is Stone Edge doing a maximum of 38% (assuming max. ivs). Just noticed that your team is a trick based team so that changes things a bit, if your opponent leads with a Heatran then you can beat it easily by swapping to your Latias if it's locked into a move that she resists or to Scizor that he resists but, if your opponent doesn't lead with a Heatran then you'll have to find a teammate replacement that can counter Heatran otherwise you'll almost always lose to Heatran unless it's the opponent's lead pokemon.
the idea is that he'll usually be set up and behind a sub when heatran comes out. and wanting of course (i) to have the sub intact for the next matchup, and (ii) to have some kind of insurance for if he misses due to brightpowder. its a sort of rare occurrence, but worth planning for if you want to get a massive streak.

as for the drop in hp, your subs will have 2 points less, and that's kind of the main consideration really.

Head Honchkrow said:
~Falcon Punch
This made me literally rofl for about five minutes. I have no idea why.

Also...
Head Honchkrow said:
EVs: 244 HP / 20 Def / 160 Sp Atk / 84 Spe
Aren't you forgetting to credit someone for helping you create that spread? ;)

Congrats on such a huge win dude, looks like I'm back to being the #2 BT freak on Serebii now :)

EDIT: I've started with my new team now, so hopefully my next post will be a new record.

My brother just got a streak of 36 in the level 50 Battle Factory (Platinum).
His team:
776 | Jynx | Modest | Choice Specs | Ice Beam | Psychic | Focus Blast | Shadow Ball | SpA/Spe
827 | Gengar | Modest | Lum Berry | Shadow Ball | Sludge Bomb | Thunderbolt | Destiny Bond | SpA/Spe
614 | Magmortar | Adamant | Shuca Berry | Fire Punch | Focus Punch | Confuse Ray | SmokeScreen | Atk/Spe

The trainer he lost to (battle 37):
488 | Charizard | Modest | White Herb | Overheat | SolarBeam | Will-O-Wisp | Sunny Day | SpA/Spe
620 | Metagross | Modest | Wise Glasses | Psychic | Flash Cannon | Shadow Ball | Sludge Bomb | Def/SpA
584 | Gallade | Jolly | Brightpowder | Drain Punch | Fire Punch | ThunderPunch | Ice Punch | Atk/Spe

Turn 1: Charizard uses Overheat, OHKOing Jynx. Gengar is sent out.
Turn 2: Gengar uses Thunderbolt, OHKOing Charizard. Metagross is sent out.
Turn 3: Gengar uses Shadow Ball, dealing around 2/3 to Metagross. Metagross OHKOes with Psychic. Magmortar is sent out.
Turn 4: Magmortar KOes with Fire Punch. Gallade is sent out.
Turn 5: Gallade uses Drain Punch, dealing just over half. Magmortar uses Fire Punch, dealing around 2/3.
Turn 6: Gallade uses ThunderPunch, bringing Magmortar down to 3 HP. Magmortar uses Fire Punch.

Magmortar's attack missed!
Turn 7: Gallade finishes off Magmortar with Ice Punch.

He's currently back in the Battle Factory, so I can't get a screen of the streak. I'll edit it in when I can. Coincidentally, his SS streak is identical; unfortunately, he forgot what team he had and how he lost.

See:

the idea is that he'll usually be set up and behind a sub when heatran comes out. and wanting of course (i) to have the sub intact for the next matchup, and (ii) to have some kind of insurance for if he misses due to brightpowder. its a sort of rare occurrence, but worth planning for if you want to get a massive streak.

as for the drop in hp, your subs will have 2 points less, and that's kind of the main consideration really.
Barring Brightpowder hax, Scizor never looses to Heatran if he's behind a Sub and at max attack. Which he will always be, considering how I play. I have never sent a naked Scizor in on anything, and I don't intend to find myself in that situation. Against Heatran, it usually breaks my sub with some fire move while I KO with Brick Break. If it's the sashed variety, then I just revenge kill with Bullet Punch the next turn, so no biggie.

With a faster Scizor, as Bozo pointed out, my team gets a sort of double-insurance policy against Heatran. With 98 speed, a fully set up Scizor can easily KO Heatran with Brick Break without losing the Substitute. And even if Brick Break does miss to Brightpowder hax, at least I have another turn to take it out.

This made me literally rofl for about five minutes. I have no idea why.
Probably because it's true :P

Aren't you forgetting to credit someone for helping you create that spread? ;)

Congrats on such a huge win dude, looks like I'm back to being the #2 BT freak on Serebii now :)

EDIT: I've started with my new team now, so hopefully my next post will be a new record.
:naughty: You helped me create a monster there, man. That Latias is a train. And yeah, I've started a new streak too. After this next big push, I'll probably move on to some other aspect of the Frontier. Most likely BT Doubles, or if I dare, the Butthole Fucktory.

EDIT:
Well, it just figures... I lost at battle 108, just short of the leaderboard...

It was a seeming sure win at first. She sends out Gliscor, I swap to Latios expecting an earthquake. I got an aerial ace instead, but it doesn't do much damage. I Ice Beam, Gliscor dies, Drifblim comes out. I have nothing for the ghost type so I just surf, expecting to do a decent amount of damage and finish it with a bullet punch.

Hey Just so you know, Drifblim is a Flying / ghost type...so Icebeam would have been great against him =)

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
My recent run through the Open Level Battle Factory netted me 37 wins, 37 swaps. I didn't swap on battle 28. It's too bad that doesn't get me on the leaderboard.

I lost because I didn't think through my steps. I was up against a Curse Steelix with Gyro Ball, and I had a Reversal Scizor, CB Dragonite, and DD Latios. I should've just switched to Dragonite first then EQed twice for the KO. I also could've KOed Steelix had I kept my Tentacruel from the battle beforehand.

29-35 I had a Sing/Dream Eater Blissey, while 22-28 I had an Infernape. 15-21 I had a CB dragonite (again), while I forget before the rest.

I probably could've gotten further but I had to play secretly so I didn't have access to the Pokemon list. Oh well.

SkullCandy

She Bangs The Drums
is a Contributor Alumnus
Diamond Battle Tower Double Battle (with trade backs)

Streak: 78 Wins

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EV's: 252 Atk 252 Speed 4 HP
Nature: Adamant
Crunch
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Protect

Zapdos @ Yache Berry
Ability: Pressure
EV's: 252 Sp.Atk 252 Speed 4 HP
Nature: Modest
Thunderbolt
Detect
Heat Wave
Discharge

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EV's: 244 HP 252 Atk 4 Def 4 Sp.Def 4 Speed
Nature: Adamant
Bullet Punch
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Protect

Abomasnow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warning
EV's: 22 HP 236 Speed 252 Sp.Atk
Nature: Timid
Blizzard
Energy Ball
Hidden Power [Ground]
Shadow Ball

Usually with a combination of Discharge/Heat Wave + Earthquake/Rock Slide I can take out all the opponents team. Crunch for any Bronzong, and Thunderbolt for reliable STAB when I don't want to attack Zapdos' partner. Against any ice pokemon (Walrein/Glaile especially) I always Protect with Zapdos and Rock Slide with Garchomp as he won't help much anyway. Then I take them out with Heat Wave or Bullet Punch. I try not to bring in Abomasnow as he is usually more of a help then a hinderance. (Snow Cloak/Ice Body).

I can't remember how I lost because I did this about 2 months ago, but I am trying a new attempt and am currently on 35 wins.

I don't know if this has been said already, but HG/SS has some different stuff in at least the Battle Hall. I saw a Venusaur use Sludge, which is a HG/SS egg move for it. Killed my Pikachu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)