B&W Research Thread

What are the exact effects of Mischievous Heart?
Text is (as far as I know) "Non-attacking moves have a higher priority."

My Questions:
- Do all non-attacking moves fit under this category? (I would define this as the "3rd" category of moves, with Special and Physical being the other to categories. These are easily identifiable with the gray ying-yang-esque symbol)
- If not, which moves are given priority?
- How much priority?

Moves of note to test:
- Taunt, Substitute, Weather Moves (Rainy Day, etc.), Stat-up Moves, status inflicting moves

Pokemon with Mischievous Heart (not counting Dream World):
- #546 Monmen
- #547 Erufuun
- #641 Torunerosu
- #642 Borutorosu
Stat-up moves and Leech Seed indeed get priority. I'm not what the priority level is, but I know for a fact that these moves work. I was wondering why my paralyzed Monmen was able to use these moves first, heh.

I will test out stun spore when I have the chance to see if that works as well.

what attacks are powered up in sandstorm by sand power?

is it just ground, or is it rock and steel?

edit: another one does poison hand badly poison, or just crappy poison?

I was wondering about the new electric U-turn, Volt Change. When you use volt change on a ground type, will you still switch out or will the effect not activate?

what attacks are powered up in sandstorm by sand power?

is it just ground, or is it rock and steel?
It boosts the power of all Rock, Ground, and Steel attacks.

As far as I know, Poison Hand works the same way as Poison Point which means it gives regular Poison.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Seems like it can activate multiple times.

Tested with a Lv.1 Dangoro vs. Lv. 35 wild Yanma

Yanma used Uproar. Sturdy activated.
Dangoro used Tackle.
Full Restore used on Dangoro.
Yanma used Uproar. Sturdy activated.
I can confirm this. Using Dangoro I have played through the game, and have Potioned it back up several times to only to have Sturdy re-activate without switching out.

How much is the damage increase of Acrobat, if the user is holding no item?(I assume it´s BP is doubled as it does insanely high damage on my Aakeosu, but I´m not sure)

And also, an additional note considering Sturdy. Just like Focus Sash, it is broken by multiple hit moves. Tested with Chaobuu´s Arm Thrust.

What happens if in singles, 2 pokemon die from explosion and then you both send out a Ditto with it's Dream World ability?

does (Hi-)Jump Kick still cause you to take damage when it gets used on a ghost?

has the reduced power of moves that hit more than one pokemon been changed it was 50% in 3rd gen then it became 75% in 4th gen is it different here?

I was wondering which pokemons are banned in random battles.
I'd do this myself but I can't read Japanese at all...

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I was wondering which pokemons are banned in random battles.
I'd do this myself but I can't read Japanese at all...
Title Legendaries, and Event Legendaries:

Mewtwo, Mew, Ho-oh, Lugia, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Shaymin, Manaphy, Darkrai, Arceus.

Presumably this then means that:

Zekrom, Reshiram, Ice/Dragon, Water/Fighting Dog, Meloia, Ancient Steel/Bug with Laser Cannon.

The only thing I am unsure of is Victini, however I can test that shortly once I catch it in game. :p

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
does (Hi-)Jump Kick still cause you to take damage when it gets used on a ghost?

has the reduced power of moves that hit more than one pokemon been changed it was 50% in 3rd gen then it became 75% in 4th gen is it different here?
Adding on to this, what if you use High Jump Kick and the opponent uses Protect/Detect?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
But flinching and burning can happen on the same turn, meaning they're separate numbers, right?
The chance to flinch and burn is considered to be one effect for the purposes of Encourage.

As far as I know, Poison Hand works the same way as Poison Point which means it gives regular Poison.
It does give regular poison, but it doesn't work the same way. It means that your contact moves have a chance of poisoning the opponent.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
There are rumors that say that drizzle doesnt activate swift swim. Can someone test this?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
There are rumors that say that drizzle doesnt activate swift swim. Can someone test this?
This was a misinterpretation of Serebii's poorly worded description "Speed does not double the turn weather becomes Heavy Rain". That is true, but what those people failed to realize is that speed changes never take effect until the turn after, which is when Swift Swimmers' Speed doubles in Drizzle.

If a Pokemon with Sturdy is holding a Focus Sash, which activates first? The Sash or Sturdy?(if Sturdy activates first than Focus Sash is viable on Pokemon with Sturdy as a means of avoiding active damage for one turn).

The chance to flinch and burn is considered to be one effect for the purposes of Encourage.

It does give regular poison, but it doesn't work the same way. It means that your contact moves have a chance of poisoning the opponent.
O_o. That's interesting. So does the poison chance stack with Poison Jab(supposively Poison Hand is 30%, and with Poison Jab's chance it increase it)? And with moves that already have a second effect, does it stack with that too?

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
Some questions the Mighty Psyducks came up with:

-> Wonder Room switches everyone's Defense and Special Attack stats. What happens if one uses Barrier while Wonder Room is in effect? Does this "defense" bonus go straight to Special Attack, or will the new Defense stat (old Special Attack) get the boost? What happens when Wonder Room ends?

-> Can Trick Room and Wonder Room be in effect co-currently, or does using the other while one is in effect cancel it? Such as, if Trick Room is up, can I additionally use Wonder Room?

Does Intimidate lowers the attack of all the Pokemon in a Rotation Battle/Triple Battle?
Rotation Battles: No. You will only Intimidate the opponent's single Active Pokemon. Rotation is merely 1 v 1 with "instant" switching by rotation.

What happens when a move takes out all remaining Pokemon (i.e. Explosion when it's 1v1)?

In a 2v2 or 3v3? What happens if you had more Pokemon in the 3v3 prior to said move wiping the field (i.e. 2v1, 3v1, 3v2)

What happens in a 2v2/3v3 when a Destiny Bond user is taken out by a Pokemon that is not the Pokemon it Destiny Bonded?

What happens when Roar/Whirlwind is used in a Multi-battle when all remaining Pokemon are out on the field?

Illusion: Is the party slot that Zoroark copies always a set one? Which one is it? Does Zoroark copy another slot if the previous one has fainted? Does Zoroark copy the HP and status afflictions of that party member as well?

How long do Swimming Goggles put non-water types to sleep for? How much is the accuracy and speed boost? Do non-waters get the speed boost? I'm sure many people would like to know this too...

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
- Do not ask about Dream World exclusive abilities yet. These Pokemon are not officially released, and we have more than enough things to look into before we test them out. We will test them when we have confirmed they are released.
For those of you repeatedly asking about situations involving Ditto's new Ability. We have lots of time to work on that, but there are countless things we don't know about mainstay new moves and abilities.

Can the Griseous Orb now be held by any Pokemon? Does it still prevent Trick? Also, can it be taken into a trade on WiFi or GTS?

For anyone willing to verify, you receive the Griseous Orb on Cycling Road (Route 16) after beating the Elite Four.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)