B&W Research Thread

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Encore does not prevent the usage of the Move function in a Triple Battle:

Turn 1

Started Battle with Dottekotsu, Elfoon and Gochim. Elfoon in the center.

Elfoon used Light Screen
Opponent Pokemon attack and KOs Gochim
Dottekotsu used Drain Punch on the opponent

Turn 2
Elfoon use Encore of Dottekotsu who is trying to move to the Center.
Dottekotsu moved to the center.

Reset Move only occurs at the very end of turn and only if each side has 1 Pokemon left on opposite sides of the field:

Opponent had 3 Pokemon (CPU trainer with a Oobemu, Gigigear, and Mamanbou)
I had a Pachirisu on the far right, while they still had 3 Pokemon. No changes occured.

Pachirisu use Discharge
Gigigear and Mamanbou fainted
Oobemu used Recover
*Reset Move occurs*

The opponent trapping effect of Mean Look can no longer be baton passed but what about the self-trapping (phaze-immunity) and HP recovering effect of Ingrain?

If two pokemon with weather-inducing abilities are sent out at the same time, does the slower pokemon still always get its weather?

Fire Fang: Does it still work through Wonderguard, regardless of typing? What about other new fire moves?
(Just so you know Fire Fang was the one move able to defeat Wondertomb just through attacking)

Burst Flame / Flame Burst (does 1/16 damage to members of party on sides of target in multi battles; also good idea to test out if burst flame damages wondertomb)
Ball of Fire (Resh. first signature move)
Blue Fire (Resh. second signature move)
Incinerate / Devastate (Burns berry)
Fire Oath (starter tutor move)
Fire Dance (Mothra)
Heat Stamp (Pokabu line exclusive move)
Nitro Charge (raises speed)
Purgatory (fire type zap cannon)
V-Generate (Victini's move)

Acid Weather - does it still occur (weather is going and a poke uses pursuit, what happens?) I thought I saw this one being proved sometime ago; a true testament to my inherent laziness :/

Mimic Rage / Transform Rage / Whatever it's called glitch: does it still occur?

I apologize if we're not allowed to test if glitches exist anymore.
Bear in mind that if using Reshiram itself to test any of these, its ability should bypass Wonder Guard anyway.

About pickup, something that needs to be tested is that if you can pickup the pinchberries (from the gamefreaktrainer) and keep it after the battle. I would test it if I had a strong pick uper which I don´t :/

^Does it matter competitively? For the record, I believe you can.

Also:
Items consumed before attacks are pickupable (Fling, Natural Gift, Gems)
Items consumed during attacks are not (Knock off, Bug Bite, Pluck, Incinerate)

^Does it matter competitively? For the record, I believe you can.

Also:
Items consumed before attacks are pickupable (Fling, Natural Gift, Gems)
Items consumed during attacks are not (Knock off, Bug Bite, Pluck, Incinerate)
If there's an in-game trainer that has a Salac or Custap Berry then it would because as far as I know, you can't get those items in BW yet.

Question: The item 'Metronome', which supposedly boosts power of moves used in succession. What does it boost them by?

If there's an in-game trainer that has a Salac or Custap Berry then it would because as far as I know, you can't get those items in BW yet.
Yet when you use Trick or Thief now, you don't keep the foe's hold item, iirc. Though that was reported pretty early, I believe.

To test this i used a Muk with Poison hand against a Manaphy with Hydration during permanent Rain.

Test 1#: What is the chance of poisoning with a contact move?
Muk using Pound 100 times on Manaphy.
Out of those 100 Manaphy got poisoned 21 times or 21%

Test 2#: What happens to moves with a status-inducing secondary effect?
Muk using Poison Jab 100 times on Manaphy.
Poisoned by Poison Hand: 23 times or 23%
Poisoned by Poison Jab: 21 times or 21%

Test 3#: What happens to moves with a secondary effect that does not involve status?
When Muk used Dynamicpunch it poisoned and confused Manaphy at the same time(this happened after about 4 tries)

Conclusion:
- Poison hand has 20%-25% chance to induce Poison on a target with a contact move(most likely 20%)
- Poison hand's chance to poison with contact moves with a status-inducing secondary effect remains the same. the secondary status effect has (1 - 0.3) * P chance to happen.
- Contact moves with secondary effects that do not include status appear to completely ignore Poison Hand.

None of these conclusion are 100% confirmed, however it is unfortunatly impossible to do so.

I'm not an expert at explaining mechanics in English, so if something is unclear please tell me. Same goes if i forget to test something.
If Poison Hand gives a 20/25% chance to poison, then why is the chance to poison not 1-(the chance to poison with poison hand)*P? That would make it simple; if it didn't poison with poison hand, then other status effects could occur. What happens with something like Muk using Lick? Does that mean there is a 30% chance to paralyze after Poison Hand fails to poison?
I am wondering how you could tell the difference between Poison Hand poisoning and Poison Jab, also, though it isn't important.

If Poison Hand gives a 20/25% chance to poison, then why is the chance to poison not 1-(the chance to poison with poison hand)*P? That would make it simple; if it didn't poison with poison hand, then other status effects could occur. What happens with something like Gamageroge using Boiling Water? Does that mean there is a 30% chance to burn after Poison Hand fails to poison?
I am wondering how you could tell the difference between Poison Hand poisoning and Poison Jab, also, though it isn't important.
You are correct, the formula i stated is wrong. It should be (1 - the chance to poison with poison hand)*P or probably (1 - 0.20)*P. I suppose i accidently choose the 30% chance stated in the OP instead of the rate i discovered myself. I will edit my original post right away.

I could tell what was causing the poison as Poison Hand always shows an activation message. If the activation message didn't show i knew it was Poison Jab causing the poison.

Boiling Water is not a contact move as such it won't activate Poison Hand, I assume you are refering to a move like Lick? But yes i assume that move has 30% chance to paralyze if Poison Hand fails to activate or if you incalculate Poison Hand it should have 24% chance to cause paralyze(if Poison Hand's activation rate is 20%)

Edit: I'll test this when i get home, this might also be a good test to see if the poison rate is 20% or 25%(albeit which one is the most likely)

Information
If something with encourage is using move such as level ground ice breath etc the effect is also negated and the power boost still apply
can be tried with encourage kurimugan.
Question does Brick break affected ? since level ground side efefct is negated i wonder if BB is negated too

Information
If something with encourage is using move such as level ground ice breath etc the effect is also negated and the power boost still apply
can be tried with encourage kurimugan.
Question does Brick break affected ? since level ground side efefct is negated i wonder if BB is negated too
Regular high critical hit rate does not get negated and boosted by Encourage, so I highly doubt Ice Breath gets a boost. Besides, all critical hits would be much stronger than no critical hits and an encourage boost, and I assume almost all, if not all pokemon that can learn Ice Breath can also learn Ice Beam, which gets a boost.
Or you mean Icy Wind, in which case I don't know.

Plus/Minus mechanics:
- Gives 50% special attack boost to all allies with the ability Plus or Minus (even faraway allies)
- Boosts do not stack in triples (the largest boost you can get is 1.5x, even if the other two Pokemon both have Plus or Minus)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)