B&W Research Thread

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Klutz prevents the use of Fling.

From the Battle Subway:
CPU Goruug uses Fling targeting my Gengar.
Fling failed.

I tried it out myself to make sure:

Gobitt has Kultz and is holidng a Cheri Berry.

Gobitt uses Fling targeting a wild Gobitt. Fling failed.

I always figured Flinging Iron Balls was half the reason behind the existance of Klutz. Now you can't even do that.

breh

強いだね
Klutz prevents the use of Fling.

From the Battle Subway:
CPU Goruug uses Fling targeting my Gengar.
Fling failed.

I tried it out myself to make sure:

Gobitt has Kultz and is holidng a Cheri Berry.

Gobitt uses Fling targeting a wild Gobitt. Fling failed.

I always figured Flinging Iron Balls was half the reason behind the existance of Klutz. Now you can't even do that.

Can trick still be used with Klutz (or switcheroo really)? Although unrelated and unimportant, can theif or covet steal a klutz poke's item?

And I always thought it was for flinging/tricking flame orb and other nasty items... but I dunno; never used klutz lopunny and always went for the UU BP set (seriously sooo good).

Wonder Room mechanics:
- Swaps the defense and special defense stats of all Pokemon on the field for 5 turns
- Does not swap defense or special defense boosts
- Does not alter the stat display when checking Pokemon (e.g. if a lv. 100 Solrock comes into the battle with 206 defense and 166 special defense, its stats will appear to be the same in Wonder Room even though the actual damage taken is different)
- Psycho Shock damage is calculated based on whatever the defense stat is in Wonder Room (meaning it uses the target's original special defense stat because it's switched)

I further investigated the ability Poison Hand, i hope 300+ turns is enough for a conclusive answer.
First post

1) What is the activation rate of Poison Hand?
Muk with Poison Jab using the moves Pound, Poison Jab and Lick on a Manaphy with Hydration during permanent rain.
Pound: Activated 21 out of 100 times or 21%
Poison Jab: Activated 23 out of 100 times or 23%
Lick: Activated 20 out of 100 times or 20%

Average activation rate in 300 turns: 21,33%

2) What is the chance for a contact move with status as a secundary effect to activate when used by a pokemon with Poison Hand?
Poison Jab: Poisoned(the move not the ability) 21 out of 100 times or 21%
Lick: Paralyzed 25 out of 100 times or 25%

Average rate of a secundary status effect under Poison Hand: 23%

Conclusion(confirmed this time)
- Poison Hand has 20% chance to activate
- The chance of a contact move with a secundary status effect to activate it's effect is (1 - 0.2) * P
- Contact moves who have a secundary effect other then status appear to ignore Poison Hand.
- Poison hand induces normal poison upon the opponent.

Also this has nothing to do with Poison Hand, but there is a mistake in the OP. Beat up is listed as confirmed and tentative, Doom desire's mechanics are listed twice.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I checked the OP and I didn't see this, so I want to ask, does Rock Head ignore all types of recoil now? Including Life Orb recoil?

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
Wonder Room mechanics:
- Swaps the defense and special defense stats of all Pokemon on the field for 5 turns
- Does not swap defense or special defense boosts
- Does not alter the stat display when checking Pokemon (e.g. if a lv. 100 Solrock comes into the battle with 206 defense and 166 special defense, its stats will appear to be the same in Wonder Room even though the actual damage taken is different)

- Psycho Shock damage is calculated based on whatever the defense stat is Wonder Room (meaning it uses the target's original special defense stat because it's switched)
I can confirm the stuff in italics underlined, but I'm not too sure about Psycho Shock

Are OHKO moves effected by evasion/accuracy now?

I'm asking primarily because while previously this was not true, on PO (hey, it's the only place with Gen V) I ran into someone using Claw Sharpen+Sub Dugtrio against my ScarfChomp. His Fissures always seemed to hit me. While I admit my team sucks (...Seriously wants banlist decided so I can get other peoples' advice via an RMT), it does raise an interesting question.

Can OHKO moves have accuracy boost them now, or was this just a glitch on PO?

(P.S. I'm not using this as evidence: I'm using it to posit a question. Besides, that was one annoying Dugtrio...)

Can anyone check this but does a Red Card being activated trigger Unburden's boost? Also does the speed boost remain even after switching and coming back with no item?

Hm... just a thought, but does Wide Guard protect you from stuff like earthquake when it comes from your end? Basically:

X Teammate used Earthquake!
Y Teammate used Wide Guard!

Can anyone check this but does a Red Card being activated trigger Unburden's boost? Also does the speed boost remain even after switching and coming back with no item?
Yes and no. Yes, Unburden activates. You just used up your item. No, of course you lose your boost when you switch out.

Freeze status test for generation V

Freeze test for Generation IV

Generation IV mechanics of Freeze according to Obi(i hope he doesn't mind that i quote this private message)
obi said:
I think the general consensus is actually that the defrost rate is approximately 60 / 256, which is in line with the test data. The page you linked that was my post is actually the same as that article you linked, just an old version. At the time, we didn't know the defrost rate and the article has just never been updated.

This number was arrived at because it's the known defrost rate for GSC, I think. If you look in the research thread around that test you mentioned, X-Act should give the number I'm thinking of. To my knowledge, nobody has ever looked into the game's code and conclusively determined the actual defrost rate.
Question: What is freeze defrost rate, is it possible it has changed like Sleep?

Test: 2 Jirachi's with serene grace attacking each other with Ice Punch during a double battle. (i also tricked magic mirror to my opponent's pokemon and used Sweet Scent on it 6 times to nullify Sand attack's accuracy dropping effect but i suppose that's irrelevant)

Results: In number of turns where the pokémon gave the 'frozen solid' message for each time Jirachi got frozen.
Left Jirachi: 12,11,13,11,8,1,8,10,6,2,3,7,0,1,1,2,7,8,6,6,5,7,0,0,2,7
Right Jirachi: 0,8,16,4,3,0,0,21(wtf),2,2,3,0,2,1,9,0
Total: 42 times frozen and duration total 215 turns
Freeze ratio of this test: 42/(215+42) = 16.342%

There are two possible conclusions of this test:
- The defrost rate has dropped from ~23% to ~16%
- The defrost rate has remained the same, but the tested rate in both deviates a lot from the actual rate.

I think it's the latter, as gamefreak uses a multiplier of 10, 1/3 or 1/4 for pretty much all chance related moves/abilities/items and status in the game(not infactoring accuracy of course)

As such i assembled my results and Peterko's as the more tests you have to closer you get to the actual result.
(42+55)/(178+215)+(42+55)= 97/490= 19.796%

Conclusion:
The defrost rate has remained unchanged and is 20%.

edit: @ Omegadonut, sorry my bad. It always activated during my experiment, though i admit it was too short to confirm that there was no chance involved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)