Sunday Mafia - GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
As promised:

16:49 <+Alea> Agape, totally unrelated: 8 [1d13=8] || If I'm godkilled for this I'll be sad.

*checks player list*

8) Paperblade

##Vote Paperblade

That's it, I'd give further speculative evidence, perhaps containing integrals, but I've gotta play some GW2 now :/

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Da Letter El said:
Do you believe that stating opinions is better than stating facts? Explain your thought process behind this.
Obviously, stating opinions is better than stating facts. Facts have no consequence; they aren't going to offend anyone, or evoke any sort of reaction. Facts are easy to hide behind while the rest of the game throws opinions at each other. I thought this was obvious.

There have now been three users who have "called me out" for "being off" but don't have the balls to vote for me. You know what the surest sign of a mafian is? Ballslessness. A mafian is not sure whether they want to be starting a feud with a certain user so they choose not to until they think its safe. So they make wimpy half-judgments nobody can use as evidence against them later.

So to Walrein, Paperblade, and vonFiedler, if I could vote for three users at the same time, it would be you three. And while it pains me to take my vote off of DLE who has continued his behavior despite being called out on it, I would like to hear from one of you on why you did not vote the way you posted. Also, please explain why it is that I appear off. Is it such mafia behavior to call someone out for their bullshit?

I've seen votes on Paperblade and Von, so for now I'll

##Unvote

##Vote Walrein

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
DLE on the other has made it clear he is acting in the exact same manner that he has as a villager in several other mafia games. He has repeated this three times.

And then with that last one he was even like "oh maybe I shouldn't have posted that"

Why? Cause it might get people not take the quiz? Or because you might have gone too far with the "this my town face, watch me act as I always have in this town manner"? Or conveniently both?
Nah, it was just dumb because I share slight insight into how the color test typically works in that thread, which makes it less effective. However, unlike that game, people are focusing a lot less on that (which is probably a good thing).

I also wanted to dispel what aska was saying about this being weird, because it's simply not true and very easy to prove.

So vonfiedler, is the reason for your suspicion on paperblade based mostly on paperblade's "being dumb" or more on his following of my vote? Or is it something else or some combination of those? What specifically is paperblade doing that you believe is suspicious?

In addition, you expressed some suspicion of askaninjask. If askaninask were to be lynched right this instant, would you feel comfortable with said lynch?

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Obviously, stating opinions is better than stating facts. Facts have no consequence; they aren't going to offend anyone, or evoke any sort of reaction. Facts are easy to hide behind while the rest of the game throws opinions at each other. I thought this was obvious.

There have now been three users who have "called me out" for "being off" but don't have the balls to vote for me. You know what the surest sign of a mafian is? Ballslessness. A mafian is not sure whether they want to be starting a feud with a certain user so they choose not to until they think its safe. So they make wimpy half-judgments nobody can use as evidence against them later.

So to Walrein, Paperblade, and vonFiedler, if I could vote for three users at the same time, it would be you three. And while it pains me to take my vote off of DLE who has continued his behavior despite being called out on it, I would like to hear from one of you on why you did not vote the way you posted. Also, please explain why it is that I appear off. Is it such mafia behavior to call someone out for their bullshit?

I've seen votes on Paperblade and Von, so for now I'll

##Unvote

##Vote Walrein
Townish post; has some stuff that leans mafia such as "is it such mafia behavior..." in that it feels like a false construction, but generally feels pretty honest.

Two-ish questions before I feel comfortable enough to take my vote off you.

1. Do you believe all 3 of the users you called out would typically "have balls" if they were town? Explain

2. Why walrein over Paperblade and vonfiedler? Is it solely based on the fact that he has no votes on him currently, or is there something specific about walrein that makes you feel as though you should vote for him over the other two?

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
WALREIN WANTS SUBSTANTIAL

OK

FIRST, I SHALL FOLLOW HIS RESTRICTION FOR THE REST OF THE GAME IN HIS HONOR, EVEN THOUGH I DON'T NEED TO.

SECONDLY, I BELIEVE THAT A PERSON WITH A POSTING RESTRICTION IS MOST LIKELY TOWN. WHY? BECAUSE OF OUR ROLE NAMES. I SHALL SAY NO MORE.

THIRDLY, I WOULD LIKE JALMONT TO SAY HIS ROLE NAME. NO POWERS ARE NECESSARY. OR ANYTHING ELSE. I JUST WANT TO GET A SUBSTANTIAL READ ON HIM AS TO WHETHER OR NOT HE'S LYNCHER ON DLE.

FOURTHLY, WALREIN, YOU FORGET I'M AN IDIOT AND SUCK AT MAFIA. I JUST GOT OFF THE BLACKLIST, FOR CHRIST SAKES.

THAT IS ALL

VOTECOUNT 1.3:
1) vonFiedler (2) - Da Letter El Paperblade
2) Walrein (1) - askaninjask
4) Da Letter El (0) - askaninjask
5) UllarWarlord (1) - Walrein
6) idiotfrommars (1) - Vintage Books
7) Vintage Books (1) - MeowMixx
8) Paperblade (2) - vonFiedler Agape
9) Jalmont (1) - MeowMixx UllarWarlord
11) askaninjask (0) -
12) MeowMixx (0) -
13) Agape (0) -
14) smashlloyd20 (0) -

Not Voting (3) - idiotfrommars, Jalmont, smashlloyd20

With 12 alive it takes 7 votes for majority. Deadline is in 53 hours and 0 minutes.

I hinted as much in previous posts, but I'm not godkilling over restrictions. They're there for fun, if people rather have them not exist then that's fine too. Use common sense to figure out what warrants a godkill and what doesn't. Or better yet, don't worry about them at all, focus on the game instead.

you are a gracious host user blue tornado

now I know it's hard for you guys to get a read on me/me to get a read on you guys since I don't really know any of your playstyles besides Jal/VB/IFM, so I'm gonna actually try and make substantial (!) posts

general opinions thus far: you're all silly

specific opinions:

on DLE, I've read through a couple of games here and it seems like DLE just likes to jump up and be the village leader/information facilitator/etc, so it doesn't really seem very out of character for him to be posing questions to other users. I think he did that in Company and apparently you guys spanked the mafia in that one, so I wouldn't be too suspicious of him, although it could just be a game face

on Walrein/Jalmont: I put them together because of their posting restrictions just to say that a restriction doesn't clean a person at all, mainly because a) this is expert and BT mentioned that there would be a whole bunch of non standard roles for both sides and b)they're both decent enough players to fake having a restriction. in addition, jalmont fucking sucks.

on askaninjask: as people have stated before, he does seem kind of jumpy, but he's also the one trying to press and get defenses out of people who he believes are scummy, which as far as I can remember is the entire point of NOC mafia. I wouldn't be too quick to suspect him either tbh

so basically it boils down to I think everyone is village because I am a trusting fool. also I apologize for this "content" post not being very long but I like to be concise, so yeah

Regarding dle's nudge:

I haven't played that much to really judge people by their behavior but I'll try.

Walrein is clearly trying to pull something, idk if wise.

Ullar and jalmont are trollish as well.
My guess is that newer noc players would troll around if vanilla, bored. Mafia might make posts ostensibly trollish to seem vanilla. Walrein might be doing this.

Dle has just posted too much.

Vb answered the questionnaire semi-seriously, hard to tell if mafia, though IMAO yes.

Aska posted serious, perhaps starting to build a facade of a pro villager playing to win?

Von's playstyle always seems suspicious to me, irregardless of faction.

My answer to #8 is to flip a coin.

Paperblade seems to be behaving consistently to what I've seen so far, but on d1 the dice is a stronger argument to me than behavior.

I'm behaving very consistently.

But now I really understood this vote changing thing; It's done to scare people who one has suspicions on to reveal themselves.

##Vote askaninjask

@MeowMixx

Walrein would definitely fake a restriction. That's why BT put one on him.

IMO everyone's mafia. Except BT who is completely awesome and lives in the best timezone ever.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
BUT I DON'T THINK I'M TROLLISH...

I HONESTLY THINK JALMONT IS LYNCHER.

BESIDES SMASH BEING CLEAN THAT IS ALL IK.

UNLESS I CANNOT TAKE A JOKE. BUT JALMONT MAKES BAD JOKES ANYWAY.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
DLE:

DLE #109 said:
2. Why walrein over Paperblade and vonfiedler? Is it solely based on the fact that he has no votes on him currently, or is there something specific about walrein that makes you feel as though you should vote for him over the other two?
There was only one reason why I voted Walrein, and that was that he hadn't received any pressure at all up to this point in the game. He's been hiding behind his "lol caps post restriction" defense without giving many serious opinions.

DLE #109 said:
1. Do you believe all 3 of the users you called out would typically "have balls" if they were town? Explain
I don't have any experience playing with the three of them (Walrein, Paperblade, and von) as village. All I've seen of them is than Walrein's obvmafia performance in Mafia Mafia 2 Mafia 1 and Paperblade being on my mafia team in Walrein's game. As such I don't have any sort of "baseline" for them like I have with you, with whom I've talked multiple times about what the best way to play NOC is, as villy or mafia.

Obviously, it's impossible to have for sure reads on Day 1 but I'm acting on what I'm seeing so that we'll have more data for later...

UllarWarlord: stop talking in caps

MeowMixx: Ok, you made a substantial post. Alright! However, "good" reads only go so far. They aren't likely to start conversation or produce useful information later on. It is much more useful in my opinion to post "bad" reads; who you think is acting strangely or has slipped in some way. This way, when day 2 comes around and we have some information on who's good and who's bad, we'll be able to make more definite judgments on both the user making the judgments and the users those judgments are on.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

When the calling it is bullshit, yes it is mafia behavior. Case in point, you accuse me of ballslessness when I immediately voted for Paperblade after witnessing him try to swing the vote for no reason. I was still voting for Paperblade when I called you out. Now instead of addressing my points you've made sweeping statements about other players and voted in a fashion to draw the least attention. So now I'm quite a bit certain you are mafia and DLE is not. As such;

##Unvote

##Vote askaninjask

So vonfiedler, is the reason for your suspicion on paperblade based mostly on paperblade's "being dumb" or more on his following of my vote? Or is it something else or some combination of those? What specifically is paperblade doing that you believe is suspicious?

In addition, you expressed some suspicion of askaninjask. If askaninask were to be lynched right this instant, would you feel comfortable with said lynch?
To the latter, obviously.

As for Paperblade it is a combination of both. He voted and used the word jumpy basically just because you had, only I believe you were bantering and/or stirring the pot. If Paperblade has little regard for who he lynches, that sounds like scum to me.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
on Walrein/Jalmont: I put them together because of their posting restrictions just to say that a restriction doesn't clean a person at all, mainly because a) this is expert and BT mentioned that there would be a whole bunch of non standard roles for both sides and b)they're both decent enough players to fake having a restriction. in addition, jalmont fucking sucks.
JALMONT DOESN'T HAVE A POSTING RESTRICTION...?

IN THE MEANTIME

##UNVOTE

##VOTE IDIOTFROMMARS

HIS CONTRIBUTIONS SO FAR:

FIRST POST: "OK"

SECOND POST: ANSWERED THE DUMB QUESTIONNAIRE

THIRD POST: POLITICAL JOKES LOL

FOURTH POST: IFM X B_T OTP

FIFTH POST: IM FUCKING NDAMUKONG SUH

PLEASE CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING TO THIS GAME INSTEAD OF MAKING A BUNCH OF TROLL POSTS

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
SORRY FOR THE GODDAMN TRIPLE POST BUT ULLAR FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP POSTING IN ALLCAPS

ITS HARD ENOUGH TO READ MY OWN POSTS I DONT NEED TROUBLE READING ANYONE ELSES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)