5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm trying to verify my DS Parameters, and to do this I'm trying to catch a flawless Zekrom, and I can't seem to do it. Anyway I could solve this problem?
-Version of RNG Reporter: 9.96.4
-Catching: Flawless Zekrom
-Target Seed: 519A0C072938844C
-Delay: None.
-Mac Adress: 002331CC2814
-Verification: None, that's what I'm trying to do. I have a decently small range of Timer0 (1680-1684)
-Results(IVs):
HP: 10-11
Atk: 20-21
Def: 31
SpA: 30-31
SpD: 23-24
Spe: 23-24

I set the time to my birthday, fought a wild Poke'mon, and still had a Sandstorm.
No the bday thing only works for few places to give you a beautiful sight on ur bday....that was a feature in bw too... it removes fog in route 14.I confirm it..and maybe 15 too .but not the sandstorm....and also I had the sandstorm in reversal mountain removed in winter I tthink.....cant remember it correctly but I DID...it should be winter...the bday doesnot afftect desert resort...oh and in route 4 there is sandstorm in w2 and no sstorm in B2

For entralink seed abuse in Gen V2, I'm not sure how to time the values in th entralink seed search. I have a listed regular date/time next to a c-gear date/time. How does this correlate with Eontimer if at all?

For example, first value of time is a date and 12:56:43, and second value of time is under c-gear at 12:58:54.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
For entralink seed abuse in Gen V2, I'm not sure how to time the values in th entralink seed search. I have a listed regular date/time next to a c-gear date/time. How does this correlate with Eontimer if at all?

For example, first value of time is a date and 12:56:43, and second value of time is under c-gear at 12:58:54.
Could you post pics of all the windows? I don't want to jump to any conclusions...

Sorry if it's messy. I shoved all the windows around to get them in one shot. I circled the place I had a question about. I read earlier in this thread about it being possible to properly abuse for nature in the entralink. That entralink search tool suggests standard type seeds are now possible. I just don't know how to use the two times. Or if I'm way off track.

No the bday thing only works for few places to give you a beautiful sight on ur bday....that was a feature in bw too... it removes fog in route 14.I confirm it..and maybe 15 too .but not the sandstorm....and also I had the sandstorm in reversal mountain removed in winter I tthink.....cant remember it correctly but I DID...it should be winter...the bday doesnot afftect desert resort...oh and in route 4 there is sandstorm in w2 and no sstorm in B2
and again i confirm that in winter the sandstorm at reversal mountain (outside) is poof gone...you can sweet scent there..

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Aha, I figured...ok Riski, first off, BW2 Entralink is not the same as BW Entralink. There are no delays to concern yourself with. Just find a standard seed with your target IVs on frame 25 or above. Post the full seed into the main window and set method to Entralink. The only thing the C-Gear does is advance the PID frame, which you can track the time of with any external stopwatch.

Have you checked out my guide? It may be tailored towards PPRNG, but it can be applied to RNG Reporter too.

Aha, I figured...ok Riski, first off, BW2 Entralink is not the same as BW Entralink. There are no delays to concern yourself with. Just find a standard seed with your target IVs on frame 25 or above. Post the full seed into the main window and set method to Entralink. The only thing the C-Gear does is advance the PID frame, which you can track the time of with any external stopwatch.

Have you checked out my guide? It may be tailored towards PPRNG, but it can be applied to RNG Reporter too.
Cool. Thank you for the help. I will check your guide ASAP. :-)

I'm getting a little frustrated...

So I'm RNGing on White on a cart that I've RNG'd on before. I calibrated once and got a good timer0 but I think I might have gotten the less frequent one or a wrong one somehow. Every time I try to calibrate, however, it turns up absolutely nothing. I've doublechecked the time I use, the MAC address, the version of the game and all the IVs and it still turns up nothing.

Not to mention, when I do try to hit a frame, I do seem to hit the same frame consistently, but it's not right at all.

What am I doing wrong here?

So, my Black 2 loves me! I have discovered the following Timer0's for my game:
  • 167A
  • 167D
  • 167E

I seem to be missing my Timer0 every time. In all my calibration tests, I have yet to hit the same Timer0. I need to confirm if by hitting the correct Frame, the start-up time, and Timer0 value? or if it can still be different?

After dozens of calibrations confirm that I can hit the second for the game start-up with ease, so, I know the start-up time is correct. Since I have been testing in a non-NPC areas, I know that the frame is not being interrupted.

Uh, how do you control frame advancement in areas with moving NPCs? Sorry if this is a noobish question, just started RNG-ing in 5th gen just a day ago.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So, my Black 2 loves me! I have discovered the following Timer0's for my game:
  • 167A
  • 167D
  • 167E

I seem to be missing my Timer0 every time. In all my calibration tests, I have yet to hit the same Timer0. I need to confirm if by hitting the correct Frame, the start-up time, and Timer0 value? or if it can still be different?

After dozens of calibrations confirm that I can hit the second for the game start-up with ease, so, I know the start-up time is correct. Since I have been testing in a non-NPC areas, I know that the frame is not being interrupted.
Timer0 changes. When you say you can't hit the same Timer0, do you mean you can't hit the same one consistently, or you can't hit any of the same ones?

Uh, how do you control frame advancement in areas with moving NPCs? Sorry if this is a noobish question, just started RNG-ing in 5th gen just a day ago.
Hit your seed, mash A, and Sweet Scent as quickly as possible to see what frame you hit. Then repeat, and do the amount chatters you need to account for WNPCs.

I'm getting a little frustrated...

So I'm RNGing on White on a cart that I've RNG'd on before. I calibrated once and got a good timer0 but I think I might have gotten the less frequent one or a wrong one somehow. Every time I try to calibrate, however, it turns up absolutely nothing. I've doublechecked the time I use, the MAC address, the version of the game and all the IVs and it still turns up nothing.

Not to mention, when I do try to hit a frame, I do seem to hit the same frame consistently, but it's not right at all.

What am I doing wrong here?
once is not really a good sample size. try calibrating 15-20 times. that should allow you to pinpoint the most common timer0. also what do you mean nothing turns up? are you not getting a seed that you can use for timefinder? or just not finding the right pokemon when you RNG?

once is not really a good sample size. try calibrating 15-20 times. that should allow you to pinpoint the most common timer0. also what do you mean nothing turns up? are you not getting a seed that you can use for timefinder? or just not finding the right pokemon when you RNG?
I'm not getting any results in the calibration step. When I run the Parameter finder it does a check and then no results appear.

I've had it calibrate successfully once but it's never done it again and I can't figure out why.

I'm not getting any results in the calibration step. When I run the Parameter finder it does a check and then no results appear.

I've had it calibrate successfully once but it's never done it again and I can't figure out why.
hmm it'd be easier to see what's wrong if you give a screenshot, but check to make sure that if you have keypresses as part of your calibration, then they're included in the boxes in Parameter finder (though I'm not sure why you would have them in the first place).

Whew, I've finally successfully RNGed my ID/SID and a perfect IVs, Shiny Starter in White 2.

And I was wondering - although Princess of Johto's original ID/SID + Starter RNG abuse guide was just enough to help me succeed in my endeavor, I noticed some details/steps that could be added to make the process a bit easier (i.e., setting the Min/Max Frame in Adjacent Seed Tool to 3 to accurately track which frame/timer0s you ARE hitting when you pick up a starter after abusing your ID/SID, OR how encounter type needs to be set to Gift Pokemon for starters).

If a newer or more updated guide for B2/W2 ID/SID + Starter abuse is needed, I can lend a hand. Or maybe I could make some small amendments to Princess of Johto's guide so first-time ID/SID abusers in B2/W2 can better follow the process? Let me know - I wouldn't mind. B2/W2 needs MOAR guides XD

EDIT: Oops, I didn't mean to sound like Princess of Johto was not thorough or detailed enough - the guide is AMAZINGLY detailed, and I'm very thankful for it. I just thought of a few minor things I could add that I found useful and didn't see in the guide.

Every time I try this, I get absolutely nothing. As far as I know, everything is right. I've even fiddled around with the time a bit to make sure I wasn't off somewhere. As far as I know, I haven't been doing any keypresses and have retried it a few times just in case.

EDIT: argh found the problem nevermind thanks though.

Uhm, I have a question.

I'm currently RNGing the Defiant Braviary in Route 4. There are a festival of moving NPCs (about 6, 4 are randomly moving). I hit my frame and Timer0, but the Braviary had a Hardy nature. Looking around for the nearby frames (from the Initial PID Frame), there were no Hardy natures. So I unchecked the box and searched before Frame 50. The only Hardy natured frame is Frame 37. I only advanced once. Is this... possible?

Regardless, I'm gonna advance 25 frames to my target and see what I get.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Uhm, I have a question.

I'm currently RNGing the Defiant Braviary in Route 4. There are a festival of moving NPCs (about 6, 4 are randomly moving). I hit my frame and Timer0, but the Braviary had a Hardy nature. Looking around for the nearby frames (from the Initial PID Frame), there were no Hardy natures. So I unchecked the box and searched before Frame 50. The only Hardy natured frame is Frame 37. I only advanced once. Is this... possible?

Regardless, I'm gonna advance 25 frames to my target and see what I get.
That Sandstorm is going to fuck with you immensely. It advances the PIDRNG at about 60 frames per second.

Timer0 changes. When you say you can't hit the same Timer0, do you mean you can't hit the same one consistently, or you can't hit any of the same ones?
I cannot hit the same Timer0 value consistently that is for sure. I have never hit the correct Timer0 for any of the RNG's that I have attempted so far. I have never attempted to RNG Abuse before period. This is new to me but the programming/mathematics side of things make perfect sense to me. I usually try about 6-7 times before I give up trying to hit the correct Timer0 value. I verify every the parameters that I met in the encounter in an attempt to find a solution to how I am experiencing so many problems with this.

Once again, I pose the question: if I hit the Timer0, is it 100% that the IV's will match the Finder results?

Also, if I soft reset the game does that change the start-up time? In short, do I have to turn the system fully off every time I miss my mark?

I used Memory Link on White 2, but didn't start RNG abuse until after I saw all the Memory Link exclusive scenes, and while I got the Genesect I wanted, the PIDRNG for the Wondercard shown in RNG Reporter was always 2 below what Time Finder said, as well as what it actually was in the game. Is this related to the Memory Link scenes or is it a glitch in the program that has yet to be resolved?
It's a glitch in the program, just adjust your advancements in the meantime.
Would someone provide a better explaination of this? I have not picked up my Genesect yet and want to RNG it.

Whew, I've finally successfully RNGed my ID/SID and a perfect IVs, Shiny Starter in White 2.

And I was wondering - although Princess of Johto's original ID/SID + Starter RNG abuse guide was just enough to help me succeed in my endeavor, I noticed some details/steps that could be added to make the process a bit easier (i.e., setting the Min/Max Frame in Adjacent Seed Tool to 3 to accurately track which frame/timer0s you ARE hitting when you pick up a starter after abusing your ID/SID, OR how encounter type needs to be set to Gift Pokemon for starters).

If a newer or more updated guide for B2/W2 ID/SID + Starter abuse is needed, I can lend a hand. Or maybe I could make some small amendments to Princess of Johto's guide so first-time ID/SID abusers in B2/W2 can better follow the process? Let me know - I wouldn't mind. B2/W2 needs MOAR guides XD

EDIT: Oops, I didn't mean to sound like Princess of Johto was not thorough or detailed enough - the guide is AMAZINGLY detailed, and I'm very thankful for it. I just thought of a few minor things I could add that I found useful and didn't see in the guide.
I would love more guides since so far I have yet to successfully RNG anything on my Black 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)