"Reserved for Pokemon who can be effective given the right support, but either have crippling flaws that prevent them from consistently executing their strategy or are completely eclipsed by a Pokemon in the above ranks."
I think Weavile fits in the C rank at least.
- A great base Atk of 120, combined with a decent movepool (the combo Dark + Low Kick). And with its offensive typing, he can easily take the weak threats.
- The best, arguably, priority move in the game. Stabbed. Killing Dragons, Genies. Thats is to say a large part of the metagame's threats. And it kills Breloom before he Mach Punch you (with SR damages).
- The faster Dark typed Pursuiter. And the Pursuiter with the ratio Atk/Spe closest to 1 in OU.
- A really fast pokemon, able to outspeed Tornadus-T and Pursuit/IcePunch. Able to outspeed Starmie, Gengar, Espeon and all these weak but fast pokemon that can be killed by a Pursuit even without trying to escape.
- Weakness to SR
- Weakness to 2 priority moves used in OU : Bullet Punch and Mach Punch
- His movepool lacks high base moves. His strongest stab are Ice Punch and Night Shade. Thus, he struggles against things like Bulky Waters/Steels that he can't touch super effectively. Think about the highly played Jirachi and Rotom-W if they have some HP or Def investment.
But he can still perform to do his job. Since he's there to either clean late game, or trap paper pokemons, or revenge rampaging dragons.
To me he can really sweep a large part of the metagame, but it is needed to include him in a specific strategy because he probably won't be able to come in and out often.
However as mentionned as the last "CON" he should stick to revenge/trap/stop relatively weak pokemons that I talk about after.
I saw Infernape in the tier and I thought this would fit Weavile pretty well.
It's a pokemon with really good stats, the only one able to both Pursuit (while outspeeding everything he needs to Pursuit) and revenge with a strong Priority move.
As I said he can take down really potent threats like ANY genie, ANY dragon, ANY psychic type (like magic bouncer, he outspeed Alakazam), almost any Ghost (he needs Night Shade for Jellicent), Breloom, Terrakion, Heatran, Tyranitar, Venusaur (Banded IceShard does ~75%), etc. !
Pair him with a Keldeo or a Jellicent and all his weakness will be mitigated easily. The more I play this pokemon, the more I find him useful.
I believe someone used him in a RMT filled with "dark horses". I also use him as I try to climb the ladder and get the reqs.
I invite people to try this pokemon, a LifeOrb set or a CB one is really effective.
EDIT : Forgot some Cons SJCrew pointed.
Last edited by Remedy; Nov 23rd, 2012 at 5:02:22 AM.