Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - March 2009

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for this, doug. The stats are greatly appreciated, as ever. This will be very helpful for doing the metagame analysis for the smog, thanks again :).

EDIT: Some funny stats from suspect:

Code:
|    6 | Kingdra    |   6067 |   24.69 |

|   13 | Jolteon    |   3482 |   14.17 |

|   18 | Ludicolo   |   2768 |   11.27 |
Also, for those that missed it in Imran's post on the first page, he and I have compiled a spreadsheet of the stats from the last couple of months and have some nice trend graphs, which you can get here.

Cool. Thanks a bundle Doug.

Wobbuffet is rippin' up Ubers (blasted Theorymon). Kyogre's dominance actually increases percentage wise (I believe), yet it feels like it's actually shrinking to me. Did anybody else notice the growth in Ubers matches? >_>

Suspect is as dead as Ubers. Come on people! This is the future of OU you're dealing with; deal with it!

Scizor continues to dominate (so much for being a fad). Gyarados really increased (surprisingly).

Omfg, are you guys kidding me?

Code:
| Electivire | Move         | Ice Punch        |    75.7 |
| Electivire | Move         | Cross Chop       |    74.5 |
| Electivire | Move         | Earthquake       |    73.1 |
| Electivire | Move         | Thunderpunch     |    71.4 |
Attention Electivire users; Stop using a bad set! I love Electivire being OU (and pretty solid too), but not when 3/4 of it's usage are with awful sets. You'd think the revamped analysis would curve that a bit. Or maybe I'm underestimating pure-physical E-Vire (I hate how easy it is to wall), but come on, Mix is infinitely better.

EDIT: Smeargle saddens me too:

Code:
| Smeargle   | Move         | Spore            |    96.2 |
| Smeargle   | Move         | Baton Pass       |    62.1 |
| Smeargle   | Move         | Substitute       |    39.5 |
| Smeargle   | Move         | Belly Drum       |    30.4 |
It's not that belly pass is "bad" (phazers fuck you big time), but he has better options available. I'm down with him in OU, but don't use bullshit sets. Him and Electivire both need reworks.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Seriously, 6 battle difference between Rhydon and P2?

Great job as always, I've been waiting for this since mid-March.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for the stats Doug, they're really great.

It saddens me to see Parasect get only 300 uses, but his time is over.

19 | Lucario | 2001 |
Wow... really?

Wow. Thanks. what suprises me the most is scizor's power on suspect. I figured with manaphy around that scizor usage wouldn't be to high, but it's number two(behind manaphy so number one of actual OU pokes)

OK everyone, stop using Swampert.
Suicune is better on a much different level. The only thing it has over every other Bulky water is rock resist. How does that mean anything when the only two rock types in OU can take it out. Firstly, Earthquake 2HKOes Tyranitar while CBTar 3HKOs you, and it is faster. As for Rhyperior, only 26.6% of all Swamperts carry Surf. Also Sandstorm+Stealth rocks doesn't make up for the lower defense. Suicune can Calm mind up so eventually the electric immunity does not matter, while countering electrics is insane now that HP-Grass is running around on them.
Also how Smeargle made OU and Yanmega did not is beyond me.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Suicune does not have an Electric immunity, or Stealth Rock. Or a physical Ground-type attack. Please do not compare apples to oranges, Suicune and Swampert are completely different pokemon.

Suicune does not have an Electric immunity, or Stealth Rock. Or a physical Ground-type attack. Please do not compare apples to oranges, Suicune and Swampert are completely different pokemon.
This guy knows what he is talking about. Stealth Rock is why Swampert is most used bulky water. The electric immunity is very nice as well.

A little less than 3/5 of all Swamperts carry stealth rock and I already mentioned the weak physical earthquake. Those are the reasons it is used but Stealth rock and Avalanche are the only reasons to use it over Suicune or, should I say, Vaporeon, who has crap defense.

Aerodactyl as a top lead is a stunner, with all the Scizor and Metagross running around.

DJD, I can't tell you how helpful this info is. Thanks!

EDIT: Charizard is the 31st most popular lead... Half of those have to be me. xD

A little less than 3/5 of all Swamperts carry stealth rock and I already mentioned the weak physical earthquake. Those are the reasons it is used but Stealth rock and Avalanche are the only reasons to use it over Suicune or, should I say, Vaporeon, who has crap defense.
Omg, Swampert is real good. Of all the grounds that come up to my mind first in terms of teambuilding, its Swampert #1, Hippodown #2. Swampert checks a whole lot of things in this metagame. With only one weakness: Grass, an uncommon type in OU, this thing is a beast. Also, Suicune can't take Electric attacks well without a CM in its belt. Even with a CM, it is still scared to take hits from Pokemon like Jolteon, Magnezone. Electric Immunity+Stealth Rock+Reliable checking are the reasons why Swampert is used more than Suicune IMO.

Yea, its a Stealth Rock user that sets it apart from Suicune. I'm guessing CB and Cursetalk are also the other most used Swampert sets(They are all good, and CB is surprisingly good.) Seriously what advantage does Suicune have over than Swampert other than a CM set. I can only think of faster base speed and less damage taken from Mixmence. Nothing much you can do to tell people to go from Swampert->Suicune. History informs us Swampert has been used more than Suicune for a total of 8 months in Smogon Shoddy Server.

All in all, Suicune/Swampert perform two different jobs.

Also how Smeargle made OU and Yanmega did not is beyond me.
Edit: You can thank me for a part of contributing Smeargle to OU.

wobbofet is number 7 in ubers... FUCK YOU THEORYMON!!!

just kidding (but not really, i hate that blob of shit).

good to see rayquaza back at number three. looks like RSE legendaries own the top 3 spots again

Thank you Doug, and LR and IAmRam

I'm very surprised Smeargle is OU, and that Yanmega has dropped out. If anything, I expected Donphan to drop and Porygon2 to come in.

Hitmontop has a more important role than ever in UU, and it is certainly showing. It is one of the only things that is keeping Rampardos, Ursaring, and Medicham from dominating the metagame. Think about it, all of those guys are NU. Why?

Because they can't take a Mach Punch, or in Medicham's case, a Sucker Punch in addition to Fake Out. This is why they can perform decently in OU, Hitmontop is few and varied in that environment.

EDIT: You are very wrong and so paranoid, Paranoid212.

Defensive Empoleon is so overlooked ;(
Ironic...

Swampert checks a whole lot of things in this metagame. What? DDMence can OHKO it.

With only one weakness: Grass, an uncommon type in OU, this thing is a beast. It isn't that uncommon. Most electrics go Grass>Ice and the 5th most used pokemon uses it alot

Also, Suicune can't take Electric attacks well without a CM in its belt. Even with a CM, it is still scared to take hits from Pokemon like Jolteon, Magnezone. Calm minds are very easy to set up on things like Celebi and Zapdos that try to "counter" you.
Electric Immunity+Stealth Rock+Reliable checking (not a reason backed up by facts) are the reasons why Swampert is used more than Suicune. Suicune is just an example. Slowbro says Hi (slack off).

Yeah, it's a Stealth Rock user that sets it apart from Suicune. I'm guessing CB and Cursetalk are also the other most used Swampert sets(They are all good, and CB is surprisingly good.) Seriously what advantage does Suicune have over than Swampert other than a CM set? Much better defenses. I can only think of faster base speed and less damage taken from Mixmence 240/216 Relaxed Swampert can be OHKO'd by DDOutrage. Nothing much you can do to tell people to go from Swampert->Suicune. History informs us Swampert has been used more than Suicune for a total of 8 months in Smogon Shoddy Server. Donphan and Physical Electivire are used, does that mean they are better than things like Starmie and Metagross, mence, etc. at doing their jobs?

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
What surprised me most as Lucario's +23 rise in Ubers from last month. I think it set the record for "most statistical rise" in ladder. Also a notable increase is Roserade as a lead, going from 36 something to 14 (+22).

I'm still surprised people are running Max HP on Scizor. Drop it

Also, I'd like to request that you all don't use max HP on Giratina for the same reason as Scizor-it's a waste of a stat point and Giratina doesn't even get max Lefties recovery to back it up. It's pretty minor though, but it's more major than the 6 EVs in 252/252/6.

I'm writing an Uber analysis for this month later, but right now, I'm posting this

1) Kyogre (=)
~Significant Rift in Usage~
2) Groudon (=)
3) Rayquaza (+3)
4) Darkrai (+1)
5) Palkia (-2)
6) Dialga (-2)
~SRiU~
7) Wobbuffet (+9) (>_>)
8) Scizor (+1)
9) Mewtwo (-1)
10) Deoxys-S(+2)
~SRiU~
11) Lugia (-1)
12) Blissey(-4) (why?)
13) Garchomp (+1)
14) Forretress (+3)
15) Giratina (-2)
16) Deoxys-A (-5)
17) Latias (-2)
18) Giratina-O (+2)
19) Lucario (+23) (lol)
--- OU cut-off point --- (Significant Rift in Usage)
20) Shaymin-S (+1)
21) Metagross (-2)
22) Latios (=)
23) Jirachi (=)
24) Tyranitar(-6) (huh?)
25) Mew (=)

Sorry Paltheos ^_^

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Meh Wobb doesn't really kill Bliss unless it has Tickle. It's a lot like Rayquaza setting up on your Rest/Talk/CM/Surf Kyogre. One set up may hurt a lot, but if your team is defensively stable you can withstand it.

Also speaking of Wobbs why do people send them in against Forry? I find that to be a terrible option as it gives Forry free three layers of Spikes, which will hurt the Wobb side more in the long run as opposed to a single turn of free set up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)