Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll ref Paradoxus and Kaxtar, send me the teams please.

Also still after a ref for myself and Frosty.

deadfox081 said:
4v4 Doubles
1 Recovery/3 Chills
2 Day DQ
All Pokemon entered in the battle must be capable of evolving.
Arena: Trainer School - the middle years.
It's not quite daycare but it isn't the big leagues either. The battle takes place on the small arena outside the School, basically a scaled down version of the usual tournament arena. There is a 9 foot wide pool or water in the middle of the field and the ground is soft and digable but hard enough to sustain a seismic wave. There are no restrictions on moves but as the field is a little smaller than usual then proximity will never be an issue. However, some of the school's training Pokemon get slightly miffed at battles taking place on their turf without anyone inviting them. At the end of each round a randomly determined second stage starter Pokemon will appear. They will then target one of the active participants (determined at random) with a signature move of theirs (to be determined by the referee).
Frosty said:
Taking the second challenge:

1 Ability
No Items
Switch=KO

Welp, an awesome battle-to-be got canceled, so let's look for a quick 1 on 1! :D

Open Challenge
1 v. 1 (Trainers send One pokemon to the Ref)
2 Day DQ
1 Recovery, 4 Chills
First Stage Pokemon Only (Bulbasaur; yes. Lapras; no)
Arena:

Home planet of the once prosperous Cybertronians, origin of the Autobots and the Decepticons. A million years after the Cybertronian War on earth, the abandoned utopia of Cybertron was discovered by a group of astronauts from Mosdeep City of Hoenn. People and pokemon now walk it's electronically advanced and digitally enhanced streets, waiting for a heated pokemon battle. Steel, Electric, and Dark type pokemon are all at home on this planet, holding them at their full power. Fire, Water, and Grass types are all at half power due to the small amounts of water and sunlight. All weather moves are canceled because of the planet's small atmosphere. Pokemon that levitate, hover, fly, or glide have easy and advantageous movement capabilities here. All that is missing is the spark of two trainers for a grand battle.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Open Challenge!
1v1 Singles!
Infinite Recoveries, N/A Chills
Arena: Mega Man Battle Network
Awwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaaah, Mega Man Battle Network. Both Pokemon are transported into the arena, which consists of two zones, one red and one blue. There is no Energy in this match; instead, the combatants use Battle Chips. The Battle Chips available are pulled from the used Pokemon's attacks (you may only PM 1 Pokemon to the ref) and the universal chips available to every Pokemon listed below. Only four of any given chip can be put into a single Folder; similarly, only 1 of the more powerful MegaChips below can be chosen. When PMing the ref your Pokemon, PM the ref your Folder as well. Before each round, each player is PM'd 6 random chips, of which they can perform their actions. The only actions that can be performed without BattleChips are Blaster (4 BP, typeless, 100 Acc, either Physical or Special) and Evade (equivalent to Dodge in normal battles). All BattleChips work exactly as normal attacks would, ex. the Fly chip has a -priority strike and evasion at 0 priority, while the Fake Out chip has +4 priority and flinching capabilities. Once a BattleChip is used, that given chip is removed for the rest of the game.

Universal BattleChips (Normal):
Recov10 (Restores 10 HP)
Cannon (8 BP, Normal, Special, 95% Acc)
Vulcan (3 BP, 2-5 hits, Normal, Physical, 90% Acc)
Bubbler (8 BP, Water, 85% Acc, Special. Deals damage to both a Substitute and a real Pokemon if both are there)
Heater (8 BP, Fire, 85% Acc, Special. Deals damage to both a Substitute and a real Pokemon if both are there)
CrossBomb (12 BP, Normal, Special, 80% Acc)
Sword (10 BP, Steel, Physical, 90% Acc)
Guard (Negates an attack and deals half the damage it would have dealt)
SideBamboo (7 BP, 95% Acc, Grass, Physical, 10% chance to inflict 15% paralysis)
Thunder1 (11 BP, Electric, Special, 70% Acc)
Boomer1 (4 BP, Rock, 90% Acc, Physical, hits twice)
CrackPnl (8 BP, Ground, Physical, 100% Acc)
Invis1 (+1 Evasion)
Barrier1 (10 HP Substitute, no expense to your HP)
Hole (6 BP, Dark, --Acc)

MegaChips:
Recov30 (Restores 30 HP)
LifeSword (20 BP, Steel, Physical, 95% Acc)
MegaCannon (20 BP, Normal, Special, 100% Acc)
TimeBomb (30 BP, Fire, Special, deals damage to all combatants, --Acc)
MegaVulc (3 BP, Normal, 100% Acc, hits 10 times)

Tell me whether you plan on using a fully evolved Pokemon or a first-stage Pokemon; I don't have a middle-stage Pokemon, so please don't bring one of those.

Mad editz: Forgot to mention that Folders consist of 30 BattleChips.
Taking the above.

Switch = KO
Items = None
Abilities = All

First stage mons please.
Taking this shenaniganry. Both of you PM all of the above nonsense.

Me said:
Also, open challenge, testing an Arena I want to use for a Gym, if they ever happen!

3v3 Doubles
2-Day DQ / 3-Day Ref
2 Recover / 5 Chill per Pokemon
First-stage Pokemon only
Arena: The Asylum
Field Type: Dark
Complexity: Low
Format: All (Switch OK)

Restrictions: No weather, no Digging, no large water sources

Description: This torn up, withered arena got its name during its old function: a building used to house Pokemon diagnosed with severe mental disorders. It has a plethora of small hiding places for Pokemon, and only has one light source: a faintly-lit lamp swinging from the ceiling. The atmosphere is incredibly quiet, dark, and tense, and all Pokemon feel can't help but feel afraid coming here. Some trainers do their training down in these ominous ruins, to better steel their Pokemon against mind-affecting moves. Dark and Ghost-type Pokemon can perform well in the low-light conditions, but they aren't safe from the overwhelming fear.

Mechanic: Each Pokemon gains Fear for each action it remains out of its Pokeball and fighting, regardless of typing, abilities, or active moves. Fear can be reset by switching out, or reduced by (2) by using attacks with a defined light source, such as Fire-type moves or Electric-type moves. In multi-battles, moves used by teammates can reduce the Fear of other teammates, as well as their own. Moves like Wish, Morning Sun, and Moonlight can reduce Fear as well. Different effects apply when Fear reaches certain levels:
- 2 to 5: blanket 5% reduction in accuracy
- 5 to 9: blanket 10% reduction in accuracy
- 9 to 12: 50% chance of a move not working at all (like Attraction, except Dark-types with Dark STAB are not exempt)
- 12 and higher: The Pokemon cannot use moves
Frosty said:
I'll take it.

1 Ability
Switch = KO
No items
Still need a ref for this.

i'll drop my previous challenge and put out two new challenges.

3v3 singles
2 day dq
2 recoveries / 5 chills
arena:

a dark forest in which many bugs reside. at the end of every round, either a venipede (40%), a spinarak (40%) or a beedrill (20%) will attack a target at random with poison tail (rank 3 attack), twineedle (rank 3 attack) or x-scissor (rank 4 attack) respectively. there is also an ariados in the forest which will snare one pokemon at random in its web, leaving it unable to do anything for its first action.

2v2 doubles
2 day dq
2 recoveries / 5 chills
arena:

a filthy swamp, all non-flying/-levitating pokemon have a 20% chance of getting trapped each action and hence are unable to attack if the attack requires movement. there is also a 20% chance that the muk that lives here will attack a pokemon at random with gunk shot off rank 5 attack; this attack cannot miss.

nEsp said:
Open Challenge!

3v3 Singles
2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
2 Days DQ
The ref gets to choose arena.
Pippy said:
Accepting nEsp!
Switch=OK
Items=No
All abilities
I'll take this one.
Let's see, the ref gets to choose the arena so....

Sigh, since this is my first reffing, and i can't think of a better idea, let's go with the Tournament Arena :(.

Oh yeah, you'll probably want to pm your teams

ONE....LAST....OPEN....CHALLENGE

1+1+1v1+1+1 triples
first evolutions only
2 day DQ, 3 day for ref

first to join chooses stage
second to join chooses items
third to join chooses switch
fourth to join chooses abilities
fifth to join chooses amount of recoveries/ chills

Ooh, always wanted to do one of those. Accepting Paradoxus's challenge. Stage will come so-OH MY GOSH IT'S MINECRAFT.

The game Minecraft is about building whatever the heck you want. The stage is like that too.

The specific details of the arena are as follows:
You are on a field with nothing special.
To the south, there is a beach. A bit farther out you can see the ocean, where several squid reside.
To the north is a mountain with snow on it.
To the east, there is a dense forest with trees that can be ignited with a fire type attack. There are also a couple creepers in the forest.
HP: 30
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 3
Spa: Rank 1
Spd: Rank 3
Spe: 50

Will use Selfdestruct if a mon gets too close. If the forest gets burnt down, the creepers will move to the center of the arena.

To the west, there is a desert with a few cacti. If you physically touch a cactus, you will take 3 damage, no matter what your defense is.

You can modify the arena to give you a better advantage, or because you feel like it. However, destroying the blocks will take a couple of actions.

Dirt: 1 action.
Sand: 1 action.
Stone: 3 actions.
Trees: 4 actions for entire tree. Burning down a tree only takes one round.
Cacti: 2 actions.

Honestly, this arena will be a tough one to ref. I'd recommend only expert refs take this one.

Now i know how Notch felt.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Accepting Paradoxus' challange and no items.(also since switch needs ot be decided does that mean 2 from each player?)

I'll take my older challenge off the table, since I haven't seen anyone except it, and join Paradoxus' triple battle.
Switch=N/A

@lightwolf: You can send up to 3 Pokemon to the ref, but once you send a Pokemon out, that Pokemon will be the only Pokemon you can use for this battle.

Open challenge! KINDA-STRONGMON deathmatch!
2v2 singles
First-stage and 2/3-stage Pokemon allowed
1 day DQ/2 Ref
1 Recover/ 4 Chill per Pokemon
Arena: Opponent's choice

3v3 singles
2 day dq
2 recoveries / 5 chills
arena:
a dark forest in which many bugs reside. at the end of every round, either a venipede (40%), a spinarak (40%) or a beedrill (20%) will attack a target at random with poison tail (rank 3 attack), twineedle (rank 3 attack) or x-scissor (rank 4 attack) respectively. there is also an ariados in the forest which will snare one pokemon at random in its web, leaving it unable to do anything for its first action.
Accepting
1 Ability
no items or switch

2v2 singles
1 day DQ/2 Ref
I'll accept it,
all abilities
Switch = KO
No Items

Arena, just basic tournament, nothing too creative

2v2 singles
1 day DQ/2 Ref
I'll ref, on the condition that you extend the DQ time for the ref to at least 3 days but preferably 4 days. Sorry this is my first ref and I'm not sure how long it will take to ref and keep in contact with my tutor (Travellog, so at least you've got 1 expirenced ref).

I'll send you guys a PM now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)