Creative (and good) Movesets (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rotom-W @ Leftovers/ Damp Rock
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest
Evs: 112 Hp|252 Spa|144 Spe

Moves:

-Hydro Pump
-Thunder
-Rain Dance
-HP Ice/Pain Split/Will-o-Wisp

Pretty much, this Rotom-W set works best with a pokemon that in someway, takes out the other team's weather if they have one. (Any way, destiny bond, physically, specially, with status, through stall, I don't care.) If they don't have one, that's okay too. After you do that, you set up rain dance, and start spamming Hydro Pump/ Thunder on your unsuspecting opponent's team.This way, you can bring them from this: :heart: to this: :evan: , and wreck their team completely.

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Modest
4 Def / 252 Sp.atk / 252 Spd
-Rock Polish
-Earth Power
-Psychic
-Hp Ice

This set has won me countless games and it is so anti meta yet so good. It can pull its weight against all weathers, and it's bulk an power and speed is great.
Against rain, STAB earth power 2hkoes everything and psychic maims Keldeo. Against sand, it's typing is great, and it kills everything with all its moves. Hp ice for dragons and gliscor and other landoruses... Earthpower for the rest. Against sun teams, it can definitely counter sweep stuff like venusaur, and earth power + psychic kills all those grass types like venusaur and amoonguss. EP kills fire types like Heatran as well

However, the best thing about this set is that it's unknown. No one sees a special set coming. I can set up all day while rotom will-o-wisps me. Then I 2hko with psychic. Same with amoonguss and slowbro and Heatran. This set is just so great.

However, the best thing about this set is that it's unknown. No one sees a special set coming. I can set up all day while rotom will-o-wisps me. Then I 2hko with psychic. Same with amoonguss and slowbro and Heatran. This set is just so great.
I like your set, but I have a question.

You say that you can set up while Rotom burns you. Why wouldn't it OHKO you with Hydro Pump instead?

I like your set, but I have a question.

You say that you can set up while Rotom burns you. Why wouldn't it OHKO you with Hydro Pump instead?
Honestly, I have no idea. That just happened to me once and I just stated that as an example. I think I might have switched into one.

Anyways, a better example would be sableye

:pimp:

Deoxys-D @ Shell Bell
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Brave/Quiet
252 HP/ 128 Atk/ 128 SpA

Snatch
Ice Punch/Ice Beam
Thunder Punch/ Thunderbolt
Zen Headbutt/ Psychic

M...Mixed attacker Deoxys-D? the forme made to be a wall???? BLASPHEMY!

this set, with proper utilization could be any teams hat trick. Since he's already built defensively, he benefits from any and all boosting moves! Ice/Thunder Punch/beam is there for your near perfect coverage, and of course you have the option of a stab.

the reason why I chose shell bell is, with the bonus's from offensive steals, You'll recover alot of health with your bulkiness. With defensive steals, You'll already tank through their damage and heal it back up attacking anyway

Why use Shell Bell over Leftovers? Unless you've got a couple of boosts, which is far from guaranteed, Leftovers is far more reliable. Also, you'd probably want Recover on there in the fourth slot, since even Deoxys D will fall some time.

Revenge Killer Mawile
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Nature: Brave (+Atk, -Spe)
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 0 Def, 0 SpD, 0 Spe
IVs: 31 HP, 31 Atk, 0 Def, 0 SpD, 0 Spe

Moves:
Sucker Punch
Metal Burst
Protect
Swagger/Super Fang/Pain Split

Overview:
Now, before you go yelling "Gimmick!" as true as it may be, I have to say that I've had a lot of success with this and still frequently use it on my teams. (And it's caused many a rage-quit as well.)
The beauty that I find in Mawile is the fact that it's one of the only pokemon who you can actually abuse it's all-around low stats the best at level 100 as opposed to pokemon such as Aron or Rattata. This is due to the fact that an endured Metal Burst from Mawile hits like a truck considering it's HP. Dealing a whopping 454 set damage. OHKOing nearly any pokemon brave enough to let loose on the little fellow.

To give you an idea, Only Blissey, Chansey, and Wobuffet can survive an endured Metal Burst without investing in HP. All pokemon between 126 and 170 base HP must invest in the stat in order to survive, and everything base 125 HP and lower will always be OHKO'd no matter how much HP they invest in. Which, for the record just so happens to be exactly where Kyurem-B and Kyurem-W sit at.

Strategy:
That's the meat and potatoes of the moveset. Now onto actually utilizing it.
The object of the game is simple. Utilize Mawile to it's full potential by swapping it in after your pokemon has fainted. It's usually a good idea to scout with Protect with a turn, but in some cases it may be better to simply jump in with your Metal Burst. Your goal is to take as much damage as possible and turn it around to KO your opponent.

Mawile also proves to be an extremely effective anti-sweeper as well. An opponent that has boosted their attack level is likely to find it impossible to reliably ping Mawile enough to deactivate the Focus Sash, but at the same time not enough to get knocked out by a vicious Metal Burst. This forces them to choose between trading with Mawile, or swap out and lose their stat boosts. In either event, this will typically stop a sweeper dead in it's tracks. To that effect, this means Mawile is an immediate threat to many Ubers due to the high attack power that many of them are sporting.

Sucker Punch is an excellent move as well and it's utility is rather useful. It serves many purposes. First-off, after your initial Metal Burst, Mawile is pretty much spent. However, you can still do some ping damage to the next Pokemon with Sucker Punch. This has the added benefit of threatening Multiscale users and Sturdy or Focus Sash using pokemon. If you end up sending in Mawile on an opponent that just barely survives, you can knock them out and allow Mawile to live another day. Inversely, if they are packing Endure or Sturdy, Metal Burst first, then finish them off with a Sucker Punch to effectively bypass the endure. Even better if your opponent has threatening Pokemon that were brought back hanging by the skin of their teeth allowing you to potentially pick off more than one Pokemon at a time. Sucker Punch is not to be taken lightly, as it can have serious potential if it hits super effectively against threats such as Mewtwo. dealing upwards of 52.5% HP. And that's not even a critical hit!

Lastly, we have Swagger. This move is rarely used and it's usually filler, but it can prove useful if you know your opponent is going to set up or if you're pitted against a Wall in an attempt to disrupt them. Or if you otherwise have a reason to use it over Sucker Punch.*

Other Options:
Hyper Cutter is only used to keep other Pokemon from weakening Mawile's Sucker Punch. Intimidate is undesirable as it will have the effect of indirectly weakening your Metal Burst. Sheer Force is also undesirable as it does not benefit Sucker Punch and therefore is only useful in the low tiers where you will want to run a different moveset anyway.

Super Fang is a good alternative for very bulky types, and it may actually prove better than Swagger. Allowing you to take out a large chunk of their HP if nothing else. Pain Split is listed as it serves a similar purpose to Super Fang, but until it becomes available, I can't be certain how reliable it will be. but I've listed it just in case.

Checks and counters:
Mawile is blessed with immunity to Toxic Spikes, Poisons (The usual methods, anyway), and Sandstorm damage. And as Taunt does not stop Metal Burst, you cannot count on it keeping you safe.

Unfortunately, until the day comes where Game Freak blesses Mawile with Sturdy, Mawile is checked by Spikes, Stealth Rock, Hail, Confusion, Sleep, Leech Seed, and Burns. As well as any pokemon that happen to pack a move that has low base power that will hit mawile for not very effective damage. In addition, Multi-hit moves are extremely effective counter against Mawile as well. Lastly, Mawile has an extremely low speed. But if you are able to send out a slower Pokemon or force Mawile to move faster than your own a la Trick Room or otherwise, it will be rendered crippled as Metal Burst does not have negative priority to prevent this.

Additional Comments:
In the event that Mawile does someday gain Sturdy, I would suggest running it and Leftovers instead, allowing you to completely recover those hazards off with a single Protect. This would also open up the option of possibly abusing Wish/Healing Wish support.

*A rare example I've experienced was an online match I had. We were down to our last Pokemon: My Mawile was already expended at 1HP, and on the other side of the field was a full-health Volcarona. Sucker Punch was obviously not going to win me the battle. So I went for broke and used Swagger and landed it as their attack missed. Then I managed to stall them for the rest of the fight alternating between Protect, Sucker Punch, and Swagger. And won. :pimp:
Of course, by no means am I saying that I wasn't just ridiculously lucky... But it can prove to be a good last resort option on occasion.

Magic Bounce sounds like an amzing ability and I've never actually used it.
I figured a full HP and Speed Espeon would be better than Xatu since it can also nab a few kills due to its speed.

Here's the moveset I came up with (I haven't tried it yet, totally theorymon coz I'm gonna breed this thing and I wanna get it right from the first time, breeding takes too long :p)

Espeon @leftovers?
Magic Bounce

Yawn
Baton Pass
Morning Sun/Wish
Psychic

The idea was to switch into tank pokemon, bounce their hazards, yawn the switch in (or the tank if it stays), and dry pass to a counter (coz they'll either switch or go to sleep).

What do you guys think? Is it viable? Or should I just use the typical Dual Screener (which doesn't sound half bad actually..)?

This is my favourite thread.

FIERCEDEITY777, I often use an Aggron with a similar moveset. The strategy requires a lot of support from teammates to pull off right otherwise it flops, but I agree that the payoff is great when it works. I do like the idea of Sucker Punch though...

Anyway. My turn.

Sceptile (M) @ Absorb Bulb Trait: Unburden
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SAtk / 16 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I knew Absorb Bulb had to be good for something.

It's not a difficult concept to understand, just come in on a Water attack (usually a Scald or Rotom-W's Hydro Pump - team preview can help you scan for Sceptile bait) and sweep. Sceptile has 507 SAtk and 558 Speed once Absorb Bulb's been consumed, which is enough to outspeed everything in OU and deal a lot of damage. On top of that, you're not locked into one move, you're not slowly losing HP (unless you get burned by Scald, but even then you can get it back with Giga Drain) and nobody sees it coming. The moveset above is literally the extent of Sceptile's special movepool, but it's just enough to get perfect coverage and hit 10 out of 17 types for super-effective damage, including those of many popular Sceptile counters. Just think of it as a Choice Specs Sceptile which outspeeds every Pokémon in the game and isn't locked in, because that's what it essentially is.

Like any other moveset, this Sceptile has its flaws. One glaringly obvious one is that it can't touch stuff like Blissey. No way around that I'm afraid, just deal with it with the rest of your team. Its moves also have mehtacular base power, so don't be too surprised if you have to resort to Focus Miss more often than you'd like in order to hit more defensive Pokémon, especially if you're dealing with rain. It's not all bad though, since Giga Drain will sap large amounts of HP from anything that doesn't resist it and Dragon Pulse is more than enough to OHKO whatever dragons your opponent tries sending in expecting to outspeed you. Just make sure to pack SR. Oh, and this set HATES Toxic Spikes. Avoid at all costs.

Example logs

EVs: 252 SAtk and Modest to get the most power and because you really don't need Speed anyway, 16 Speed to outrun max Speed Heatran without Scarf or Flame Charge before Unburden kicks in (you never know) and the rest in HP to add to bulk, mainly because it makes stuff like Bullet Punch that much more survivable.

Best paired with SR, one or two Water lures and/or some way of getting rid of Toxic Spikes. Magnezone is really helpful for getting rid of Scizor - either by doing it before Sceptile comes out, by revenge killing it if Sceptile falls to a CB Bullet Punch or simply by making it hesitant to use Bullet Punch due to the previous situation, allowing you to outspeed and KO with HP Fire.

I haven't even tried using this in the lower tiers yet...

Love that Sceptile set... might have to try that.

Anyway, meet Slow(Vi)king.

I have been playing with trick room quite a lot lately (pre-BW2) with a decent level of success (usually hanging around the 1300 mark, I'm by no means a great battler). This was generally inspired by two pokemon - trick room Reuniclus whom I have always loved, and this Slowking.

Brave @ Leftovers (Regenerator)
Trick Room
Belly Drum
Drain Punch
Zen Headbutt

This guy can be difficult to pull off but when it works the pay off is huge. The idea is to bring it in on anything that can't do over 50% damage (which slowking is pretty good at doing) and use trick room. This comes as a suprise to a lot of people as it is but they still are usually just expecting a special set (Nasty Plot or something, which is another reason this works better than Slowbro imo). Then they shit themselves as the Dino-Viking yells his war-cry while drumming his gut and their Ferrothorn/Blissey switch in proceeds to be OHKO'd with Drain Punch - something which a lot of people seem not to realise Slowking even gets along with simultaneously giving Slowking all of his health back.

Now we have a fully powered sweeper who can not be outsped by anything that can OHKO him back. Zen Headbutt is a nice stab to have when you have a horned viking hat as large as that as it often causes flinching under trick room AND when Trick Room runs out, he will usually have enough HP to be able to set it back up again himself and continue his sweep.

What began as a novelty user of belly drum has become one of my favourite pokemon.

Love that Sceptile set... might have to try that.

Anyway, meet Slow(Vi)king.

I have been playing with trick room quite a lot lately (pre-BW2) with a decent level of success (usually hanging around the 1300 mark, I'm by no means a great battler). This was generally inspired by two pokemon - trick room Reuniclus whom I have always loved, and this Slowking.

Brave @ Leftovers (Regenerator)
Trick Room
Belly Drum
Drain Punch
Zen Headbutt

This guy can be difficult to pull off but when it works the pay off is huge. The idea is to bring it in on anything that can't do over 50% damage (which slowking is pretty good at doing) and use trick room. This comes as a suprise to a lot of people as it is but they still are usually just expecting a special set (Nasty Plot or something, which is another reason this works better than Slowbro imo). Then they shit themselves as the Dino-Viking yells his war-cry while drumming his gut and their Ferrothorn/Blissey switch in proceeds to be OHKO'd with Drain Punch - something which a lot of people seem not to realise Slowking even gets along with simultaneously giving Slowking all of his health back.

Now we have a fully powered sweeper who can not be outsped by anything that can OHKO him back. Zen Headbutt is a nice stab to have when you have a horned viking hat as large as that as it often causes flinching under trick room AND when Trick Room runs out, he will usually have enough HP to be able to set it back up again himself and continue his sweep.

What began as a novelty user of belly drum has become one of my favourite pokemon.
Oh, nice. I've been looking for some alternative Trick Room users. The problem with most of them is that while they are bulky, making TR easier to set up, their low offenses tend to make their usefulness more or less end there.

I've been experimenting with a new Deoxys-D build with mild success. It's a bit of a pain to set up though. I'm still tinkering with it, but here's what I'm currently using:

Deoxys-D @ Flame Orb
Bold (-Atk, +Def)
252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
~Psycho Shift
~Substitute
~Cosmic Power
~Recover

I had completely forgotten that Substitute factored in defenses. So I figured, why not put it on one of the greatest walls ever?

The idea behind this is to get in at least one cosmic power and set up a substitute before doing anything else. At this point, against the right pokemon, you will be able to really get the ball rolling so long as your sub can survive at least one attack. From that point, recover, psycho shift, then alternate between cosmic power and recover to boost your defenses to ridiculous levels. The best part about this build, is that it's substitute gives it major survivability against would-be crits. Which is one of Deoxys-D's major threats whenever one runs a walling build.

At this point, your opponent is pretty much royally screwed. The best they can usually do is about 13% to your sub. Much less if you're +6'd, so as they go through trying to find something strong enough, you simply pass the burns along repeatedly with Psycho Shift. Horribly crippling non-guts attackers even further as well as providing a method of damage. It will be pretty much impossible for your opponent to get through your substitute as they do 4-6% per attack. Not once have I had an opponent not immediately concede shortly after I got this thing up and running.

The main problems with this build, however, are the fact that trying to set up against something that can hit you for more than ~1/3 of your HP will be pretty much impossible. As well as the fact that it's unfortunately susceptible to Taunt.

Here I show you a Blastoise I once made a long time ago for Xenon3120. It worked well!.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKcT2sY-ToQ (I know its back in the HG/SS times but it just sweeped a team, start watching at 8:20 and u'll see.)

Blastoise @ Salcberry.
Modest/Timid Nature.
252 SAtk, 252 Spd, 4 HP.
-Rain Dance // Hidden Power-Electric//Grass
-Surf
-Icebeam
-Endure//Sub

Come in on something it scares out or cant touch.
Set up Rain Dance (if not used on a Rainteam, I recommand using it on a Rainteam) endure the hit or sub down - salcberry will activate and sweep. I know its easily revanged by priority but give it a try.
Torrent boosted Surf in Rain will just do a fuck ton of Dmg to most Mon's that do not resist (Slaking for example got 1HKO'ed as you've seen in the video posted).
Ice Beam for most Dragon & Grass Mon's out there.
Hidden Power depends on your own need.

BIG BIG EDIT (THX TO "Axa"!!!): Empoleon AND Samurott can run the exact same set!!! (Samurott does NOT learn Endure! So you have to sub down!!!).

@ the Blastoise set. Since you already have Ice Beam in there, might I suggest to recommend Hidden Power Electric to allow Blastoise to have a pseudo-BoltBeam combo? Or Hidden Power Grass could be an option so Quagsire doesn't give you a hard time.

Support Musharna

Musharna @ Leftovers/Lum Berry
Bold Nature | Synchronize
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
- Psychic
- Pain Split/Moonlight
- Heal Bell
- Toxic/Thunder Wave/HP Fighting

The idea of this set is support with Heal Bell, and focuses on letting Musharna survive enough to remove the status of any teammate of it that is crippled by a status condition. The EVs prioritize Musharna's Defense since its Special Defense is already exceptional enough.

Psychic is the main STAB option. Could possibly pick off things like Arbok or Dustox lol.

Pain Split is the main healing move, but Moonlight can be an option if you're confident that weather will not be brought into play, especially those that hinder Moonlight's recovery rate.

Heal Bell is the utility move in this set's success, and this enables Musharna to heal its teammates of various status conditions.

The last slot is totally up to preference. Toxic gives Musharna a secondary way to cripple an opponent slowly but surely, all the while trying its best to recover its own health. Thunder Wave serves to cripple any speedy threats that will try to sweep your team. HP Fighting is an option if you want to remove any Rock or Steel-type threats plaguing your team.

This is my first moveset (one that I've grown to liking for the past couple of days ever since Musharna's updated tutor pool), so criticize however you guys see fit. And I realize this thing is a big floating mass of a Taunt bait, so proper team support is needed for Musharna to function well.

@ the Blastoise set. Since you already have Ice Beam in there, might I suggest to recommend Hidden Power Electric to allow Blastoise to have a pseudo-BoltBeam combo? Or Hidden Power Grass could be an option so Quagsire doesn't give you a hard time.
Yeah... I mostly was running HP-Electric or Grass, just as you said.
I just said HP-XXX cuz every use must know what types he/she wants to cover.
I edit the HP-X in my set with electric or Grass - cuz this two are the most usefull.
About Quagsire... most of them do not run Water Absorb anymore cuz of unaware - and a torrent+rain boosted surf will OHKO Quag.

Regarding the Blastoise set, wouldn't Empoleon be better? Better Sp.Atk, and a Steel typing also immunizes it from Toxic and resist Quick Attack/Sucker Punch.

Regarding the Blastoise set, wouldn't Empoleon be better? Better Sp.Atk, and a Steel typing also immunizes it from Toxic and resist Quick Attack/Sucker Punch.
Sure Empoleon can run the exact same set as Blastoise.

Samurott can do as well (with Sub cuz its not able to learn Endure).

I edit this... thx!!! I posted this set with Blastoise cuz I just remembered...

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
Nature: Calm
252 HP/252 SpD

Hurricane
Aqua Ring
Roost
Protect

this thing outstalled my amoongus and politoed in rain.... I cried :<

@ Pocket how does those starters running similar Endure Salac Berry sets make no sense...? I dont Get it.

They all run endure salac, all Endure to 1 HP, All Get the ability Boost, All become sweepers in respective weather

??????

EtherDrive, they work because of their abilities- Overgrow, Blaze or Torrent. When they're at 33% HP or under, Grass, Fire and Water moves respectively will get a x1.5 power increase. Salac Berries raise Speed by 2 stages when under 25% HP, so ideally you'd use Endure, get to 1 HP, activate Salac Berry and the ability to get both a huge speed and power boost in one hit, and sweep teams.

EtherDrive, they work because of their abilities- Overgrow, Blaze or Torrent. When they're at 33% HP or under, Grass, Fire and Water moves respectively will get a x1.5 power increase. Salac Berries raise Speed by 2 stages when under 25% HP, so ideally you'd use Endure, get to 1 HP, activate Salac Berry and the ability to get both a huge speed and power boost in one hit, and sweep teams.
Uh... I know that? I said that because a mod deleted my post saying I didn't make sense. what you're saying is what I'm saying, though I didn't include grass types because they don't get damage boosts from weather

I'm surprised nobody said anything about that interesting Mawile set. And that Sceptile looks absolutely kickass.

I've been trying this out:

Volcarona @ Lefties/Lum
Bold, 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- HP Rock

I personally run a bulky spread in an attempt to gather more boosts (the low-bp moves need the help, really), but it might be more effective with a speedier, stronger spread...? *shrug* Regardless, I like it this way. Losing Bug STAB is a bit problematic, so dealing with the likes of Hydreigon and Tyranitar is harder, but this Volcarona handles its other counters (like Bulky Waters, namely) just so much better than when I was running Bug Buzz... Giga Drain's healing factor is nice considering I usually have to force Volcarona to take some extra punishment to garner more boosts.

tehy

Banned deucer.
So now hydreigon, latios, and tyranitar just counter you. An interesting counter-trade, considering that most people wouldn't realise it, but still, not all that impressive.

So now hydreigon, latios, and tyranitar just counter you. An interesting counter-trade, considering that most people wouldn't realise it, but still, not all that impressive.
Hydreigon and Latios only counter me if they carry Surf (which granted, a lot of Latios do), and TTar is still hit SE by Giga Drain, albeit just not as hard, which is a problem if TTar switches in to one or no boosts, I'll admit. However, I find that the threat of impending Bug Buzzes tends to discourage these guys from switching in. My opponents typically don't seem to realize that I don't have it until it's too late. It's a risky tradeoff, sure, but I find it preferable to running fire STAB/Bug Buzz/HP Ground and getting walled by Salamence/Dragonite, or any of the other numerous things that wall Volc's STABs. At least for the moment. I DID only just start using this, so I'm still seeing how it works, but I've had a few successful runs with it.

Anyway TBH I just posted it so it didn't look like I was spamming with my comments about Mawile and Sceptile, lawl.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
I've found and bottled little lightning of my own recently. It went almost entirely unnoticed in the chaos the move tutors provoked but imo the First Bird Pokemon hit the Jackpot with Stealth Rock.

Archeops (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Rock Slide
- Taunt

In action:
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ou12616
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ou13318
Not many examples are needed since it's rather simple and doesn't depend on it's teammates at all.

I'll get straight to the point; the goal is: Live hard, die young, and take someone down with you. Get SR up, prevent opposing setup, bring something down to 1 HP or 7% after Lefties; still too low to survive neutral SR if they switch out nor survive an attack from the next Pokemon. Think of this as 4th Gen Lead Aerodactyl on steroids. Archeops is fast. Real fast. One of the fastest users of Endeavor and he gets Stealth Rock and Taunt to boot. Without a very fast Taunt or Magic Bounce and a Ghost-type around, it's hard to keep him from doing at least two of his jobs.

The reason Endeavor makes this Pokemon an excellent lead in a metagame where leads "don't exist" in favor of "6-Pokemon teams" is that, unlike Azelf & Aerodactyl, Archeops can basically OHKO any non-Ghost-type Pokemon that attacks it meaning that, yes I'll be starting the match with 5 Pokemon + Stealth Rock, but my opponent will most likely lose one of their Pokemon the very next turn. And while I'm fully prepared to lose my Archeops by turn 2, my opponent may struggle if I take out a key member such as Ferrothorn, Heatran, Rotom-W, Tyranitar, or Politoed that early. Unlike it's only set competition, Infernape (Mamoswine can't Taunt and is rather slow in comparison), Archeops is immune to Sandstorm so even if a Ghost-type blocks Endeavor, by pairing it up with something like Scizor for U-turn and keeping the field clear of SR, you can switch-out to pocket your Endeavor; take down the Ghost; then U-turn back in at any point in the battle and use that Endeavor in any weather but Hail.

Due to the Flying Gem set being a major threat in battle, not a lot is going to have any interest in setting up on Archeops until Defeatist activates so Archeops will generally be free to set up Stealth Rock on the first turn as the opponent attacks or switches. Worst case scenario in a standard battle, without luck factors such as an Iron Head flinch, is that Archeops does only one of it's jobs. It really is that hard to keep Archeops from doing something extremely helpful even if it is just Stealth Rock.

If there's reason to use Archeops in OU, I'd say this is the reason.

I have a LANDORUS set that is very interesting and i would like to post it here.

Landorus@expert belt
Trait:sand force
-228atk-28 spa-252spw
Naive nature
Earthquake
Smack down
U-turn
HP ice

First i "lock" myself into earthquake, seeing no life orb or lefties they assume i am scarfed and standard ebelt lando carries stone edge and switches into something like skarmory or dnite then i immediately go for smack down on the next turn, effectivelt gaining a switch, break multiscale or kill something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)