Type Combos You Wish Existed (Hope Exist Later)

Fire/Dragon - Come on Charizard. Why couldn't you have just been this typing instead? It makes more sense. Past mistakes aside, it's just one of those combos that you know would work: it's very logical and it's hard to imagine the end result looking anything less than overwhelmingly cool. Competitively, fire/dragon is a good offensive duet, and getting STAB on both Overheat and Draco Meteor is great. Add Levitate as an ability (come on, I know it's been mentioned thousands of times in this topic already, but can you not imagine a Fire/Dragon without any sort of wings like Charizard's or Salamence's or the ability to levitate ala Gyarados or even Volvagia from OoT?) and you're good to go.

Steel/Ghost - More of an lol suggestion than anything. Just the sheer oxymoron of a ghost that's as dense as steel is enough reason to make it. It's also not a terrible defensive combination, with the both types having a good amount of resistances and immunities, as well as Steel negating the weakness to Dark and fellow Ghost attacks and Ghost granting immunity to Fighting. Once again, tossing Levitate in (I swear to god that this is the last time this ability's going to come up for me, but it's a ghost, and it would just add to the oxymoronic-ness of having something as heavy as a Steel-type floating in the air) would leave it with, to the extent of my knowledge, only a weakness to fire. I would love to see Bannette with an evolution like this.

Grass/Ghost - http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs17/300W/f/2007/201/7/f/Jakolan_by_RockoTheTaco.jpg. I know it doesn't seem very ectoplasmic, but it's a start. We can make this happen people! It's more of a fun type though. I don't know how practical it could be.

Fire/Steel defensive type - Torkoal is just begging to become a competent fire-type Rapid Spinner (and a competent defensive fire-type Pokemon...oh hell, a competent Pokemon in general) with this new typing and boost in stats.

Dragon - Is it too much to ask for one fully evolved dragon to be a pure-type? Apparently, with Roost's invention, that became too much for Flying. I see nothing of the sort stopping Dragon.

Dragon/Ghost - And not one that looks more like a goddamn centipede than a dragon. I was thinking something along the lines of a skeletal dragon, akin to Warcraft 3's Frost Wyrm. A second thought...

Ice/Dragon - Much better.

Poison/Dragon - http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs17/300W/f/2007/196/a/a/Komodra_by_RockoTheTaco.png. I'm pretty sure this is the last of my Dragon-type suggestions. This makes for a nice change of pace though, one for being the first dragon-type that's not imposing or majestic (which is a cool thing actually) and two because Poison needs more love. Seriously, some of these designs kill most 4th gen Pokemon designs.

Fire/Electric - This screams out Manectric. That 4x ground weakness hurts, but I think the ability to actually harm most water types not named Swampert with a STAB TB is incredibly sexy.

Ghost/Anything would be pretty neato torpedo now that I think about it, so long as it's not a reused type.

Fire/Water - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/TheUltimateLifeForm/MrVolcano.jpg. I'm filling my water with volcanicity! Just seeing something like Mr. Volcano as a Pokemon (which is the only way I can see a Fire/Water turning out) brings a smile to my face, practical or not.

Flying/Fighting - http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs18/300W/f/2007/181/e/3/Brikait__d_by_RockoTheTaco.png. Farfetch'd evo. I think enough has been said.

Ghost/Fighting. Although, it may have a few weaknesses, it's Stabbed attacks are resisted by no MonoType pokemon.

Ghost/Normal. It resists the two stabbed attacks from the poke that I just mentioned.

Fire/Ice would be a pretty cool Elemental type guy; I can only think of Gil from SF3, but - thong + pokemon.
I think a Metal/Ghost would be pretty sweet on the basis that he would have to be a floating suit of armor or something similar, which is totally badass, or it'd be just incorrect.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I think a Fighting / Dragon would be unbelievably cool. Not to mention it's STAB attacks would only be resised by s Steel / Ghost, or Shedinja, (maybe something else), and I think it would be pretty damn cool looking. Electric / Grass really needs to be made... I don't know what it would be though.

A Fire / Electric with Levitate would be pretty cool. Some sort of star or sun pokemon, sort of like Solrock or Lunatone I guess

1) I gotta be frank, grass really gets the shaft. That and a grass dragon would pretty much fulfill the requirement of dragons being wrecked by ice [kingdra doesn't count and you know it].

2) I thank game freak for at least making the psy/grass awesome.

3) Grass Ghost. Think about it like a dead tree, or a ghostly treant....

4) Grass Fire. Walking forest fire....yea, I know, obv, but still pretty fly.

5) Grass Steel. I got no idea how this could work....but man, I love steel almost as much as I love grass.

----------------------------------------------------
Edit:

Please save the farfetched....Who ever farfetched spilled coffie on, right before the release of red and blue, forgive him! Let him evolve, don't deny the dux his awesome potential to grow up

Ghost/Steel: boatload of resistances and immunities plus a floating suit of armour would look frickin' awesome

Electric/Ice: STAB bolt/beam anyone?

Fire/Dragon: I think everyone's mentioned this one. A fire breathing dragon. Probably with levitate, if not then intimidate. I can picture a non-flying lizard being a dragon personally (ie. Sceptile).

Ghost/Steel: Some kind of possessed machinery. The possessed suit of armor idea Seeker mentioned sounds pretty typical. Face mask would be open too and you'd see a pair of eyes inside but that'd be it.

Flying: And just flying. Special attacker too, capable of learning thunderbolt and ice beam (storm-type deal basically). At the very least I could imagine a non-legendary pokemon not named Arceus being pure flying. Though Rayquaza might be taking up its possible role.

Fire/Bug: Fire beetle or fire ant. Not a hard one to pull off.

More non-legendary, non-600 dragons in particular would be nice. Or at least the fire/ice/electric dragon trio thats been mentioned. Poison/dragon is a good one too, because those four cover the different breath types fantasy dragons are known to use (lightning, frost, fire, acid). A pure, fully evolved dragon would be a nice change of pace too.

More dualtype ghosts too. Rotom is cool even if its stats aren't the greatest. Frosslass too. A fire or water ghost would be neat. Dusknoir would have made an interesting ghost/fighting.

Also, not really a new type request, but a bug legendary. Maybe bug/ground, bug/fire, bug/rock, or bug/steel and sleeps deep underground.

I want a Dark Dragon :p
Or dark psychic.
there should be a type called light.

Plus... Steel should hit super effectives on Poison.... seriously it needs help as an offensive type

I want a Dark Dragon :p
Or dark psychic.
there should be a type called light.

Plus... Steel should hit super effectives on Poison.... seriously it needs help as an offensive type
Yeah make poison worse....smart:pirate:

Anyway i want a fighting/whatever... seriously dual type fighting is that cool:toast:

Wouldn't it be cool if Farfetch grew up so big it was like a ninja and terrorizing NYC and Tokyo at the same time!:o

Also what if it turned out to be Jynx's only lover! rofl

I have to say DP hugely disappointed in regards to new typings. I mean we got yet another Water/Ground and another Bug/Flying and very little in the way of new typings.

Until I see types like Grass/Electric and the super-obvious Dragon/Fire I'm kinda dissapointed, but then again I'm not too keen on seeing another 100 pokes in the next generation, the current 493 have plenty of redundancies like Bastiodon and Nosepass which would probably be best off still on Game Freak's sketch pad.

Oh noes! Not another Water/Ground! Seriously you can't expect every Pokemon they make to have a brand new typing. There's only so many typings, and if they use them all up now they won't have anymore for later gens. We got quite a few new typings (including ubers). Heatran, Giratina, Dialga, Empoleon, Torterra, Drifblim, Rotom, Toxicroak, Drapion and the list goes on.

Now that I think about it, an Ice/Steel would be cool. (although it'd suck competitively with 2 doubles weaks) It could be some Glalie evo

I would love the starters to become:
Grass/Ice (4x to fire)
Fire/Ground (4x to water)
Water/Rock (4x to grass)

The first two are original, but we could maek the last one more tank-like. Throw in a new spin to the "in-game" material.

Poison def. needs some more offense. I'd love to see a Poison/dragon sweeper, or a Poison/Psychic sweeper with Levitate..

Why? Levitating Poison or Steel/Psychic are far better. If Weezing or Bronzong had decent means of recovery and anything even close to Blissey's HP they'd certainly be considered the ultimate physical wall, with more resistances, no 4x weakness, and only one 2x weakness that is rarely physical. A high HP Skarmory would also be better than your suggestion IMO.
No way... A levitating ghost/normal with Blisseys mirrord stats word be better...Although a little cheap with 4 immunities to common types, 3 of those physical. Give it recover and hypnosis and it's the ultimate poke.

Poison doesn't need to die more D=. I think Poison is the type that needs better offensive capabilities. Steel is fine as it is I think because it's a defensive type rather than an offensive type. Poison on the other hand really has got nothing, offensively and defensively.

What needs to be done now though is give Dragon some more things that it hits NVE against. Personally, I would say Fire, just because dragon-type attack animation usually have a fire undertone to them (see Dragonbreath/Rage, and ADV Dragon Claw and Outrage. Even current-gen Outrage has fiery undertones. So how can a Fire type resist a stream of fire called Flamethrower but can't resist a stream of fire called Dragonbreath?). It would not only make the Dragon type not as broken, but it would increase the usefulness of Fire types in general, being able to come in on a Draco Meteor decently well now, give or take the species in question.

But that's not the point of the topic, so I'm going to go ahead and agree that a Dark/Dragon, though alot of people would be disgusted at the thought of such a "cliche" and "Gary Stu"-ish idea, would be pretty cool.

Actually I think somebody did. Grass/Ghost would kinda suck defensively though. 7 weaknesses.

Ghost/Water would be kinda similar to Psychic/Water

A bit off topic, but why the hell is Poison weak to Ground anyway?

Skarmory pales in comparison to Blissey in terms of walling their respective attack types (special, physical). it's also missing Fighting and Rock resist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)