Technical Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
I didn't see a thread for technical support of any kind so I decided to make one. I currently can't seem to connect to the Pokemon Showdown server, when I try to get on it gives me this message:

Could not connect to Showdown server at sim.smogon.com:8000.

You may have mistyped the address, or the server may be down for maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience.
My internet seems to be fine and according to other users there is nothing wrong with the server. What could be the problem?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Most likely, a firewall of some sort. There's a small possibility a rogue firewall on your computer has locked it down really strictly (the default firewall included with any common OS doesn't do this; it's more likely to be a third-party one), but more likely, it's a firewall somewhere in your internet connection that you have no control over (a college dorm's router might be configured that way to prevent gaming).

Not sure if this counts as a technical issue, but I seem to have forgotten my password to my PS! account, Rukario-kun. Is there any way I could get my password sent to me via PM here on the forums, or perhaps just have the record of the account erased so I could re-make it (I've hardly wet my toes on the ladder, so I'm not concerned about my rating)? I'd really appreciate it! :D

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
i have the same problem as locopoke, except i'm at home so it's not like it's the fault of my college or anything...

I dont know if this is the correct place to put this, but would it be possible to make a version that could be support on opera for andriod instead of just firefox?

My problem is that it just says:

"You have been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted"

Now at first I just chalked it up to my bad luck (it wouldn't be the first time....), but I came on today with the same problem. Is the server actually down, or is my computer just being a jerk?

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
My problem is that it just says:

"You have been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted"

Now at first I just chalked it up to my bad luck (it wouldn't be the first time....), but I came on today with the same problem. Is the server actually down, or is my computer just being a jerk?
Earlier today we had a few issues, they have since been resolved, try to connect again, if that still doesn't work...
Are you using a variant of Internet Explorer by chance? IE9 is somewhat buggy and Showdown does not support earlier versions.

I logged on today, and all the icons keep disappearing when I try to hover over anything or click. I can post screen shots if you would like. I'm currently running firefox on my netbook if that helps.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Screenshots would be interesting... I don't know what would do that... Firefox bug?

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
i have the same problem as locopoke, except i'm at home so it's not like it's the fault of my college or anything...
hello. i'm still having this problem. i have no clue why it won't let me on. i tried the download on the PS homepage, still did the same thing...

Yeah. I cannot connect to Pokemon Showdown regardless of which browser I use, which programs I have running, etc.

When I first connected to Pokemon Showdown through Chrome a few days ago, I was having few, if any, problems. Sure, there was lag, but I could still battle and follow the chat. Starting two days ago, I could no longer connect to the lobby through Chrome. If I somehow did make it to the lobby, the website would instantly freeze on me, making it "impossible" for me to do anything.

Just a few minutes ago, I tried connecting through Firefox. Though I don't have any issues with connecting to the lobby now, the website itself after I do connect starts to glitch up - similar to what undisputed mentioned above - and I soon get disconnected from the server. I'll also mention that I do lag, probably more to an extent than the other people who are able to get on and stay in the lobby with no other problems.

I seem to be having a problem with the entire site on my fire. no matter what browser I use, it always crashes or just doesn't load. help?

Same problem regarding connection issues.

I´m pretty sure it´s fault of my evil Internet connection, because I have tried with another computer linked to the same Internet connection and the answer is the same. The problem here is that I don´t know how to modify the router.

Earlier today we had a few issues, they have since been resolved, try to connect again, if that still doesn't work...
Are you using a variant of Internet Explorer by chance? IE9 is somewhat buggy and Showdown does not support earlier versions.
It is happening to me still "You have been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted"

and I have internet explorer???

Is there any way to recover a password? I set it to something that I know for sure I typed correctly, logged in, played over two days normally. Then suddenly, it prompted me to provide password, but it always shows that my password is incorrect when I never changed it.

Someone help?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
Will this ever be Wii compatible?
There are no plans for Wii compatibility at this time.

Is there any way to recover a password? I set it to something that I know for sure I typed correctly, logged in, played over two days normally. Then suddenly, it prompted me to provide password, but it always shows that my password is incorrect when I never changed it.

Someone help?
I'm working on password recovery, but currently I'm too swamped to manually reset passwords. Sorry.

First I get this:

"If the client is taking a long time to load, try refreshing in a few minutes. If it still doesn't work, Pokemon Showdown may be down for maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Initializing... DONE
Loading libraries... DONE
Loading client... DONE
Connecting to login server..."

And then I get this:

You have been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted.

But the other day when I was at a different location with my laptop it was working just fine. PS also won't work on any other computers on the network I'm currently on so I'm not sure what's going on.

Derkpharocy

Banned deucer.
It was working perfectly for me about an hour ago.. but now when I log on all i get is
"You hae been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted"
It's really confusing me.

internet explorer 9 kinda works but is soo slow that it's almost unusable and it disconnects every 2 minuets or so.

chrome and firefox get to: "connecting to logon server..." then "you have been been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted"

I am trying opera now...
edit: Opera works great! after seeing it in it's true glory PS has won my heart... props dude for making this thing

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
that used to happen to me. it got fixed when i reformatted my computer... but you can try just deleteing and reinstalling firefox / chrome, and see if that helps

Could not connect to Showdown server at sim.smogon.com:8000.
You may have mistyped the address, or the server may be down for maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Still getting this, even after reinstalling Firefox [13.0.1 (the latest version)].

It was working perfectly Saturday (7/7/12) and before. On Sunday however, I couldn't access it.

do i really need to download an alternate browser just to play?

Still getting this, even after reinstalling Firefox [13.0.1 (the latest version)].

It was working perfectly Saturday (7/7/12) and before. On Sunday however, I couldn't access it.

do i really need to download an alternate browser just to play?
I get this error in Firefox as well, but it works fine on Google Chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)