1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Technical Support

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by locopoke, Jun 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little Green Yoda

Little Green Yoda

Had issues with FF as well until I realized NoScript was blocking a script from sockjs.org. Allowing it appeared the fix the problem.
  2. Doom Dawg

Doom Dawg

This is just scary. I am using it for 2 days in a really slow internet lan house, on the same computer everyday. And only today it says that the server might be being restarted. THIS MESSAGE: You have been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted.
    Any solutions??? I waited and the error comes still. I tried Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, none of those actually worked. I am really anxious to come home in a few days and test it on my computer... arghhhh
  3. Imanalt

Imanalt WHY BUNNELBY DO HAVE FUR?
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

the server is currently down
  4. Fakero

Fakero

I have the same problem but i NEVER entered there, i've never played that game, now the only thing i can do is watch videos :'(
  5. Sinclair

Sinclair

Does anyone know how long the server will be down?
  6. Maximum66

Maximum66

nvm server is down lol
  7. DarthChocoboz

DarthChocoboz

I logged on today and i cannot choose a name, im registered under the same name as here but i cannot log in or even choose another name to battle on, my team's are still saved but this is very frustrating.
  8. AJC

AJC

^ when the log in server is being laggy that happens. just wait it out
  9. TruthPains

TruthPains

it says the the server is down; what happened to the alternate/beta server we used a few days ago?
  10. akela

akela

It is in use, but it cannot handle the same user load as the main server. As such, it has crashed multiple times due to far too many people trying to use it, even with a user restriction in place.
  11. verbatim

verbatim Red like Roses
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

The alternate server is back from when Showdown had significantly less users, and as a result is struggling to keep up.
  12. Leutchadore

Leutchadore

No matter how long I wait for a battle to start, it won't.
  13. nyczxjay

nyczxjay

I can't log-in with my username. I'm stuck as Guest(random numbers). Please help?
  14. HardyHoundoom

HardyHoundoom

*Zarel* - Login Status Update?

I have a few questions.

1. When will the Login be back to normal?
    2.Are you going to change the format?
    3. Why did this happen?
    4. Is this a result of the DDOS attack?
    Please reply.
    Being guest is kind of annoying. ;)
  15. prem

prem failed abortion
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

it will be back to normal when the server comes back because then it will lag a lot less.
    no because the issue is caused by lag
    it is a DDoS attack
    yes.
  16. IFailAtPokemon

IFailAtPokemon

When I try to enter the site, it says
    Pokemon Showdown is under heavy load.
    :(

Please try back in an hour or so; the server will open and close intermittently until we sort out the remaining performance issues.

Is there a reason for this?
  17. akela

akela

Yes. Pokemon Showdown is under heavy load, producing great strain on the server to keep up and not crash.
  18. Dietrich

Dietrich

I don´t know if its the right place to ask but I can´t enter to the server from my Alcatel OT 918, It stop when it says Connecting to the Showdown server... but I can do it normaly from my PC, PS is compatible with Android 2.3.5 right? or maybe I need to install something on my phone. (Mozilla Firefox Android is not compatible with my OT 918 too I was hoping to use it in order to try PS there).
  19. Antar

Antar That's Dr. Antar to you
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

@Dietrich, no. The Android browser is not one that is currently supported.
  20. R7Rules

R7Rules

Whenever I try and access PS!, when the 'Connecting to Showdown Server...' thing comes up, the disconnect window appears and when I try to reconnect it happens again (I use Google Chrome)
  21. ThePhalanx

ThePhalanx

I'm pretty sure the server is down at the moment, if not then someone please correct me.
  22. Silvershadow234

Silvershadow234 :]]]]]
    is a Pre-Contributor
    Mentor

Yeah, I can't get access to it either. So damn annoying!
  23. jumpluff

jumpluff Red Admiral
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Hold tight, there are complications with the server at the moment. It's not on your end, so please try to be patient as the devs work hard to bring Showdown! back online.

ETA: Antar has issued a statement, but rest assured that Showdown! won't be going away and that they're doing everything they can to secure a new server. :)
  24. IFailAtPokemon

IFailAtPokemon

Any word on how long it'll be down?
  25. Antar

Antar That's Dr. Antar to you
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

It'll be down until we can move to a new server. Our current host has some very interesting definitions for "DDoS" and "mitigate."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)