5th Generation Resources and Discussion Thread Index - check here if you're lost

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Index of Discussion Threads - always check before making a new discussion thread to prevent duplicates
The following links lead to an alphabetical listing of all the threads in that category (200 threads per page). Please check the appropriate index before creating a thread to prevent duplicates.
A Guide to Dragonspiral Tower Labels
Dragonspiral Tower is one of the first forums on Smogon to implement a label system. This system removes the need for sub-forums and allows users to easily view all the threads found within a forum on a single page. The entire forum can be sorted by label simply by clicking one of the links after the word "Categories". You can then arrange the threads further by clicking "Thread" which will sort the threads alphabetically or "Last Post" which will sort the threads by last post.
(Pokémon)
This label should be used when creating a discussion thread relating to a single Pokémon. When creating a thread, please just use the name of the Pokémon. Additional text like "Suicune, the Aurora Pokémon" is not necessary and makes it harder to search for a specific thread.
(Warstory)
This label should be used when creating a thread containing a warstory. Please try to format warstories as nicely as possible.
(Move)
This label should be used when creating a discussion thread relating to a single move or a group of similar moves. When creating a thread, please just use the name of the move. Additional text is not necessary and makes it harder to search for a specific thread.
(Ability)
This label should be used when creating a discussion thread relating to a single ability or a group of similar abilities. When creating a thread, please just use the name of the ability. Additional text is not necessary and makes it harder to search for a specific thread.
(Item)
This label should be used when creating a discussion thread relating to a single item or a group of similar items. When creating a thread, please just use the name of the item. Additional text is not necessary and makes it harder to search for a specific thread.
(Data)
This label should be used when creating a thread relating to data extracted from the game or for research purposes. Minor researched information should be posted in the B&W Research Thread.
(Other)
All threads that do not fit into one of the other categories should use this label. General discussion threads should use this label.

Generation 5 Metagame [General]
Rotation Battle Discussion
1v1 Metagame Discussion
Dream World Discussion

Creative Movesets Thread
5th Gen Speed Tiers
5th Gen Analyse Index

Dexes

Veekun - A dex including detailed info on every pokemon's learnset, abilities and stats. Has a powerfull search tool which makes it more suited for competitive purposes.

Serebii - Includes detailed in-game information for every generation, may be less suited for competitivity due to game mechanic inconsistencies

upokecenter - Contains in-depth information on the battle system and other aspects of the Pokemon games for all five generations

Excel Pokedex - An Excel spreadsheet suited for those who value the utility of an offline pokedex

Training

EV Training Hotspots
Effort Value Yield List
X-Act's Ideal Defensive EV Calculator
Gen 5 Defense Tiers
Metalkid's IV Calculator

Dream World

List of Released Dream World Pokémon and Moves
Smogon's Policy on Dream World Abilities
How to Access the Dream World Through Global Link

Battle Mechanics

Black\White Research Thread

In-Game

Black & White Battle Subway Records
Item Locations
In-Game Discussion
In-Game Tier List
Battle Subway Pokémon Data

Translation Help

jumpluff's Japanese to English Pokémon Dictionary
Japanese Character Recognition site - for transferring Japanese in pictures to text so it can be translated through Google Translate\Babelfish

Damage Calculators

Slipperjeans' Damage Calculator - An Excel Calculator including all Gen 5 Pokemon, Moves, Items and Abilities
Smogon's Damage Calculator - NOTE: Has not yet been updated with 5th gen Pokémon, but you can still enter stats by hand

RNG Manipulation

4th Gen RNG Help\Information
5th Gen RNG Research

Battle simulators

Pokemon Online
Forum for Smogon's Pokémon Online server

I don't know how accurate this is or whether it's worth adding to the main post but I found this while browsing around various places. It's basically an English script for all the story-related dialogue in Black and White and covers all the main plot events, Gym Leaders and so forth. Could be handy for anyone wanting to know the plot and doesn't want to do all the translating and such themselves.

I would also like to note that the latest version of the Pokemon Online client comes with Generation V. The Generation V on this client includes Dream World Pokemon and abilities, and I think that it's the first to allow full Generation V play online.

I would also like to note that the latest version of the Pokemon Online client comes with Generation V. The Generation V on this client includes Dream World Pokemon and abilities, and I think that it's the first to allow full Generation V play online.
Isn't it still down? The person who ran the server said they weren't going to bring it back until the English release of BW.

It is up and running on the Beta Server, not Beta Testing anymore. I have been playing on it using a TR team with success for a while.

mien

Tournament Banned
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Isn't it still down? The person who ran the server said they weren't going to bring it back until the English release of BW.
Apparently Coyote changed his mind
http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/showthread.php?2164-Finally

You might want to add veekun's pokedex as well. It may not be as big as serebii's but it does not have any wrong or confusing information, this combined with a detailed research function makes it more suited for competitive battling then Serrebi does.

mien

Tournament Banned
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
For reference

- Replaced all mentions of 'Uncharted Territory' with 'Dragonspiral Tower'
- Added the remaining index labels (Warstory) and (Data)
- Generation 5 Metagame discussion now links to the current Suspect test thread
- Removed the Little Cup label description and Discussion topic as they now have their own subforum
- Removed Middle Cup discussion for inactivity and lack of support
- Removed In-game Tier list discussion as it is already mentioned in the In-game section
- Added Dream World Discussion
- Added the Creative Movesets Thread
- Temporarily added the Gen 5 Analyse index (will be removed once the BW Strategydex is on site)
- Added Veekun's pokedex as it is a generally superior source for competitive information.
- Added the Excel Pokedex for those amongst us who value the utility of an offline pokedex(like myself)
- Added the EV Training Hotspots
- Added the Gen 5 Defense Tiers
- Added Metalkid's Gaming Resources
- The list of Released Dream World abilities now links to the current instead of the old one.
- Added the Black & White Subway Records
- Removed the unofficial translation of the game
- Added Slipperjeans' Calculator which is up to date to Generation 5
- Added a link to PO's official site

If you think i missed something please feel free to send me a PM and I may consider it.

Does anyone know the rules about articles online?

I've just stubled upon this site as400-news.com, could I just borrow the technical data from the web site or do I need some kind of permission?. I'm writing a school project.James

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)